AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 03:39   Link #4421
ImperialFlameGod8190

thanks to the translators I agree to that this is an incredible series glad I could enjoy it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 04:34   Link #4422
blade82

big thanx i was stuck after i finished vol.7 2 weeks ago
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 05:41   Link #4423
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Strange. Did Ellis ever mention her parents? It seem all I can remember was Ellis watching the last blade dance at her grandpa's knee...
Well I believe she has mentioned her father a at least twice (From what I remember), one was in volume 7;
Spoiler for :

And the other was in volume 8;
Spoiler for :

My thanks to the translators for all the hard work you have done translating this light novel. Words may never be enough to express my gratitude.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:17   Link #4424
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Hoorah it's finished for now but thanks to all the translators for this awsome series! Anyone know when v11 comes?
Old 2013-04-18, 09:15   Link #4425
Nihgthawk

Thanks to all the translators for all the time and effort put into translating all the volumes.
As for volume 11 sadly no official news atm but going by previous releases it should be coming out near the end of may, most likely on the 24th. Unfortunately the way LN are released in japan atm does not allow much information about a novel's release date till usually a month or so in advance. The best way to check would be to read the authors blog and find information there. Needless to say since it's in Japanese all I can read is what google can try, and usually fail, to translate but if anyone of the Japanese literate people can try to dig up some info i bet everyone here would be happy. The only other way i know of to find the release date is from amazon.jp which atm does not even list volume 11 on there site even for preorder.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 11:42   Link #4426
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Thanks to all the translators for all the time and effort put into translating all the volumes.
As for volume 11 sadly no official news atm but going by previous releases it should be coming out near the end of may, most likely on the 24th. Unfortunately the way LN are released in japan atm does not allow much information about a novel's release date till usually a month or so in advance. The best way to check would be to read the authors blog and find information there. Needless to say since it's in Japanese all I can read is what google can try, and usually fail, to translate but if anyone of the Japanese literate people can try to dig up some info i bet everyone here would be happy. The only other way i know of to find the release date is from amazon.jp which atm does not even list volume 11 on there site even for preorder.
It's probably behind the usual release schedule. It's not on the list for May's release: http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/schedule/index
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 17:06   Link #4427
All Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
It's not on the list for May's release
Oh, so Shimizu finally breaks the 1 volume every 3 months cycle.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:03   Link #4428
kazzuya13

It feels like this LN is coming to an end. Cause he regain his former spirit and everyone knows he is the successor of the Maou and the true Ren Ashbell.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:22   Link #4429
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It feels like this LN is coming to an end. Cause he regain his former spirit and everyone knows he is the successor of the Maou and the true Ren Ashbell.
I doubt that's the case, since there is still the matter of the Elemental Lords that needs to be mentioned and resolved in some way, as well as revealing and dealing with the consequences of what happened 3 years ago.

Not to mention, explaining the reason why Greyworth has made Kamito a student in her Academy, which I doubt was only to let him reunite with Restia - which, is going to provide some additional plot to the story.

Personally, I would say that we are only at the end of the novel's first arc, and that there is still quite a large amount of unresolved plot points, to continue this story, for some time.

It all depends on how popular the novels are in Japan.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:44   Link #4430
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I doubt that's the case, since there is still the matter of the Elemental Lords that needs to be mentioned and resolved in some way, as well as revealing and dealing with the consequences of what happened 3 years ago.

Not to mention, explaining the reason why Greyworth has made Kamito a student in her Academy, which I doubt was only to let him reunite with Restia - which, is going to provide some additional plot to the story.

Personally, I would say that we are only at the end of the novel's first arc, and that there is still quite a large amount of unresolved plot points, to continue this story, for some time.

It all depends on how popular the novels are in Japan.
It is mentioned in the previous volume that Greyworth is waiting patiently for Kamito to wake up as a the successor of the Maou also stating that she has little more time before the starts of the war.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:24   Link #4431
NeutralZero

A war is mentioned so its possible to further extend the story...
They may end the story now but is like to a season ender of a series with the second season tackling the war issue...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:06   Link #4432
cedec0

Before my rant about Claire Rouge, I just want acknowledge that:

1) I have only read the volume 1 (and a little of volume 2), and I know that Claire will take a lesser role in later volumes. (if this wasn't the case, I would stop reading at this point)
2) So far, I like the setting, plot, male lead, character interactions, etc. Basically, I like everything except Claire Rouge.
3) I know people have already complained about Claire on this forum. However, I have found the criticism of Claire lacking.

;--------------------------------

RANT: Why Claire Rouge is THE WORST FEMALE LEAD EVER CREATED

1) Claire Rouge is incompetent to the point of absurdity

In just the first volume, Claire has managed to nearly kill herself FOUR TIMES:

1) Making a tree fall on top of herself
2) Angering a sealed spirit (that she had no hope of contracting)
3) Charging towards a demon spirit (that she had no hope of contracting)
4) Letting her spirit become frienzied and attack its master

This is absolutely pathetic. HOW IN THE WORLD DID THIS GIRL LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MEET THE MALE LEAD?

2) Claire Rouge displays "too-stupid to live" level intelligence

She never learns from her (lethal) mistakes, making the same retarded decisions again and again

Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she tries to make a contract with a sealed spirit, somehow thinking she will succeed where dozens of stronger elementalists have failed.
Result: DEATH (but is saved by male lead)

Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she tries to make a contract with a demon spirit, somehow thinking she will succeed where ALL OTHERS HAVE FAILED.

Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she enters a blade dance without a spirit (simply retarded).

This is "too-stupid to live" level intelligence, and it just isn't fun to read about a character that:

1) Makes lethal mistakes again and again.
2) Jumps to the wrong conclusions on a regular basis
3) Lets herself be fooled by characters she has no reason to trust (Rinslet tells Claire that: "To enlarge her breasts, it was best to get a gentleman she likes to rub them." and she believes this!)
4) Etc...

RETARDS DON'T MAKE GOOD MAIN CHARACTERS!

3) Claire Rouge makes the male lead seem MASOCHISTIC AND PATHETIC.

Claire treats the male lead like shit, calls him a slave, and physically abuses him on a regular basis for no good reason. Since the male lead has NO COMPELLING REASON TO STAY BY HER SIDE, the fact that he choses to do so makes him seem MASOCHISTIC AND PATHETIC. ("MASOCHISTIC" is NOT a good trait for male leads.)

I CRINGE every time the I read a line like:

"It's nothing, Greyworth always uses me. On top of that, Claire gives me the slave treatment. Even if such people increase by one or two, it makes no difference."

4) Claire Rouge is a HORRIBLY FLAWED Shana clone (see http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShanaClone)

If you are going to rip off a character, AT LEAST DO A GOOD JOB OF IT! Just compared Shana's and Claire Rouge's character traits:

Shna's character traits:

STRONG_POSITIVE: The strongest flame haze. (the "Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Hunter")
STRONG_POSITIVE: Competent and independent. (She has been battling by her self as a flame haze for years and is still alive)
STRONG_POSITIVE: Highly Intelligent. (she has gotten a perfect score on every exam)
STRONG_POSITIVE: Selfless. (Risking her life in endless battles with no prospect of reward or thanks)
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Petite, undeveloped body JUSTIFICATION: She stopped aging when she became a flame haze. Her undeveloped body is proof of all she has SACRIFICED in order to protect the world.
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Arrogant JUSTIFICATION: The strongest has the RIGHT to be arrogant.
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Socially ackward JUSTIFICATION: She has been fighing all her life and has no experience of living normally.
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Violence towards male lead JUSTIFICATION: As a soldier who has done nothing but fighting, violence is all she knows.
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Ice Queen JUSTIFICATION: Her duty made her indifferent towards human life (She was so concentrated solely on her duty as a Flame Haze that she did not even considering getting a name (she didn't see any importance in having it))
JUSTIFIED_NEGATIVE: Sub-human Treatment of male lead JUSTIFICATION: Male lead WAS a subhuman "thing": a "torch" who was destined to fade to nothing and be forgotten. Treating a "torch" as a human and getting attached to it made no sense. (Shana started treating male lead normally after realizing he was a "special torch" who wasn't going to disapear)

[Shana character type was also never mean for a harem love comedy]

Claire Rouge's character traits:

STRONG_NEGATIVE: increadibly weak (compared to main character, villains, etc) To make it worst, she COMPLAINS endlessly about how weak she is.
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Incompetent to the point of absurdity. (Making a tree fall on top of herself, making suicidal decisions on a regular basis, etc)
STRONG_NEGATIVE: "too-stupid to live" level intelligence. (She never learns from her (lethal) mistakes, making the same retarded decisions again and again)
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Selfish (her primary motive for treating the male lead like shit is that she wants to restore her family's name)
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Petite, undeveloped body JUSTIFICATION: None, she simply fails as a woman
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Arrogant JUSTIFICATION: None, someone as weak, incompetent, and stupid as Claire has no right to be arrogant.
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Socially ackward JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Violence towards male lead JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Ice Queen JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Sub-human Treatment of male lead JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch

In other words, the author created his shana clone by:

1) Turning all of Shana's positive characteristics into negative ones.
2) Keeping only shana's negative character traits while removing the justifications which made those traits acceptable

The result is Claire, THE WORST FEMALE LEAD EVER CREATED.

Last edited by cedec0; 2013-04-29 at 03:02.
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:36   Link #4433
NeutralZero

my... my... that's quite a rant...
Though we share the sentiments of not liking her as a character... especially the treatment they've been giving to the MC... her and Louise that is...
Be prepared for a retaliation on your post from individuals who like her character...
If there is one...
And try not to escalate things just in case... in terms of bashing/discussion each points...
Old 2013-04-29, 03:17   Link #4434
Seitsuki
Onee!

I wouldn't say she's the worst female lead ever. Definitely not one of the greatest. Well, far from one of the greatest. Very far from one of the greatest. In fact, about as far as you can get.

But not the worst.
Old 2013-04-29, 03:22   Link #4435
leadeater

I've got to say, but I think Fianna works better as the main girl than Claire by a long margin. Read all the volumes, and she always feels a lot more relevant than Claire.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 03:27   Link #4436
Seitsuki
Onee!

Est + Restia best girls. Est + Restia best girls. Est + Restia best girls.

Repeat ad infinitum
Old 2013-04-29, 03:28   Link #4437
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
I've got to say, but I think Fianna works better as the main girl than Claire by a long margin. Read all the volumes, and she always feels a lot more relevant than Claire.
As Seitsuki and others have already said/will say, Est or Restia would have been better main girls. From the Human group maybe Fianna, Ellis or Rinslet would have been fine too. Just..not Claire. Ugh. In fact, Just to see how it might play out, Rubia would have been an interesting main girl too actually.
Old 2013-04-29, 04:01   Link #4438
NeutralZero

Est & restia period for main heroine possition...
Old 2013-04-29, 10:47   Link #4439
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
Before my rant about Claire Rouge, I just want acknowledge that:

1) I have only read the volume 1 (and a little of volume 2), and I know that Claire will take a lesser role in later volumes. (if this wasn't the case, I would stop reading at this point)
You should probably stop reading now then. Having read all the volumes, I don't know where this nonsense about Claire getting a lesser role comes from. True, there are volumes that she is less focused on, because other characters take the spotlight, but it isn't as if her role got smaller. The main plot of the series up to now is strongly connected to Claire, and volumes 9 and 10 are quite Claire centric.

Quote:
1) Making a tree fall on top of herself
True, she shouldn't have been using Flametongue in the forest like that, though she was doing well until Kamito surprised her. everyone makes mistakes, and she wouldn't have made that mistake if Kamito wasn't there, so you can't really count that against her.

Quote:
2) Angering a sealed spirit (that she had no hope of contracting)
She didn't set out to anger Est, and it's not as if she had no hope of contracting her. Considering Claire's skill as an elementalist, if t wasn't for Est's own issues, it might have worked.

Quote:
3) Charging towards a demon spirit (that she had no hope of contracting)
Again, it's not like she had no hope, since Greyworth and Sjora Kahn managed it. You are right that it was stupid to charge at it like that. she herself admits it.

Quote:
4) Letting her spirit become frienzied and attack its master
I'm starting to think you're a troll. Claire didn't let Scarlet get frenzied, she thought Scarlet was dead at that point. Add to that, she settled the situation in quite a cool way. That scene is why I started liking Claire actually.

Quote:
2) Claire Rouge displays "too-stupid to live" level intelligence

She never learns from her (lethal) mistakes, making the same retarded decisions again and again
Nonsense. Claire's whole character arc is her learning from her mistakes and not repeating them.

Quote:
Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she tries to make a contract with a sealed spirit, somehow thinking she will succeed where dozens of stronger elementalists have failed.
Again, nonsense. Just because other people have tried and failed doesn't mean that she will. If people thought like that, no one would do anything. Claire's talent, skill and determination are above that of the average Academy student, and she is quite desperate.

Quote:
Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she tries to make a contract with a demon spirit, somehow thinking she will succeed where ALL OTHERS HAVE FAILED.
Again, it's not like it had a 0% percent chance of working. As Claire herself said, it was stupid though.

Quote:
Retarded_Decision: In order "to get a strong spirit", she enters a blade dance without a spirit (simply retarded).
Perhaps you should reread. Claire did have a spirit with her, the one Restia gave her. She wasn't using it at first, probably out of pride and affection for Scarlet, which is still kind of stupid, but not s stupid as what you said.

Quote:
This is "too-stupid to live" level intelligence, and it just isn't fun to read about a character that:

3) Lets herself be fooled by characters she has no reason to trust (Rinslet tells Claire that: "To enlarge her breasts, it was best to get a gentleman she likes to rub them." and she believes this!)
More nonsense.

Firstly, Claire and Rinslet, even if they don't want to admit it, are best friends,so she certainly has a reason to trust her.

Secondly, the whole massaging thing is a typical anime trope, along with drinking milk, etc. Considering Claire's complex about her size (another typical anime trope), it's not weird that she believed it, especially considering that was a comedy scene.

Quote:
3) Claire Rouge makes the male lead seem MASOCHISTIC AND PATHETIC.

Claire treats the male lead like shit, calls him a slave, and physically abuses him on a regular basis for no good reason. Since the male lead has NO COMPELLING REASON TO STAY BY HER SIDE, the fact that he choses to do so makes him seem MASOCHISTIC AND PATHETIC. ("MASOCHISTIC" is NOT a good trait for male leads.)

I CRINGE every time the I read a line like:

"It's nothing, Greyworth always uses me. On top of that, Claire gives me the slave treatment. Even if such people increase by one or two, it makes no difference."
Claire treating Kamito like that is typical romcom tsundere fare. Due to her traumatic past, she's too insecure and afraid to just ask Kamito to be her partner/friend, in case he rejects her.

As for why he hangs around her, it's because he likes her and can't leave her alone. Perhaps not a smart or rational reason, but then interpersonal relations, especially the romantic kind, aren't all about rationality. If you avoid your double standard and look at all Kamito's relationships with girls in the series, you'd see he has no compelling reason to be around any of them, except Restia. Think a little about that.

As for Claire being violent, perhps you haven't heard of it, but that's called slapstick comedy.

Quote:
4) Claire Rouge is a HORRIBLY FLAWED Shana clone (see http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShanaClone)

If you are going to rip off a character, AT LEAST DO A GOOD JOB OF IT! Just compared Shana's and Claire Rouge's character traits:
Complete nonsense. Firstly, Claire cannot be a 'horribly flawed' Shana Clone, since a Shana Clone is just a short, flat chested tsundere, with a few superficial personality traits in common, all of which are used in comedy.

Quote:
Claire Rouge's character traits:

STRONG_NEGATIVE: increadibly weak (compared to main character, villains, etc) To make it worst, she COMPLAINS endlessly about how weak she is.
True, she's not as strong as Kamito, or other top level elementalists, like Leonora, etc. But objectively speaking, she's quite strong

Quote:
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Incompetent to the point of absurdity. (Making a tree fall on top of herself, making suicidal decisions on a regular basis, etc)
STRONG_NEGATIVE: "too-stupid to live" level intelligence. (She never learns from her (lethal) mistakes, making the same retarded decisions again and again)
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Selfish (her primary motive for treating the male lead like shit is that she wants to restore her family's name)
I've already debunked this nonsense above.

Quote:
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Petite, undeveloped body JUSTIFICATION: None, she simply fails as a woman
Rubbish. Firstly, there are many people, in Japan and in the West that find Claire's body type to be beautiful. Secondly, it's quite misogynistic of you to say she 'fails' as a woman because she doesn't fit your idea of female beauty.

Quote:
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Arrogant JUSTIFICATION: None, someone as weak, incompetent, and stupid as Claire has no right to be arrogant.
As I've said earlier, though she's not as good at fighting as Kamito or other top level elementalists, she's far above average. She's certainly in the Academy's Top 5, which is reason enough to get arrogant. She also gets good grades and is skilled at spirit magic, tactics, etc.

Quote:
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Socially ackward JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
You really ought to reread. Claire is socially awkward because, her sister is the Empire's worst criminal, her parents are in in jail, she lost her title, lands and money and just about everyone blames her for what her sister did. Anyone would be socially awkward under those conditions

Quote:
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Violence towards male lead JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Ice Queen JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
STRONG_NEGATIVE: Sub-human Treatment of male lead JUSTIFICATION: None, she is just a bitch
I've already debunked this nonsense, see above.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:54   Link #4440
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

@ cedec, I feel you bro, claire at the beginning was a huge turn off for me but I feel she does get better later on; she at least gradually acknowledges how much she owes to kamito and is kinda cute at times, now sakura from naruto and she-who-must-not-be-named from inuyasha, those two are the worst female leads that I can think of xP
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap