AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-12, 23:47   Link #1
masterwok

Question TSR on DVD

does anyone know when Full metal panic the second raid will come out on to dvd in english.
Old 2006-02-13, 04:07   Link #2
Crucifix

As of now, ADV haven't acquire the license for TSR. No news yet. Personally I think ADV is taking too long in acquiring TSR license though.
Old 2006-02-13, 20:01   Link #3
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
It has just released Fumoffu, too.
I'd say that only by the end of 2007 we'd see an english version of TSR.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-02-14, 07:45   Link #4
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
Guys you are lucky. In Russia FMP! will released only in summer 2006 I think in our country TSR will released probably in 2010 or 2020
Old 2006-02-14, 14:52   Link #5
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok
does anyone know when Full metal panic the second raid will come out on to dvd in english.
Buy R2 ones. Download fansubs, strip the subtitles, mux them with your dvd In case you don`t prefer english audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animoid
Guys you are lucky. In Russia FMP! will released only in summer 2006
Counting on MC Ent.? Well good luck on that (I`ve already got my copy from ADV).
I do hope that they don`t mess it up this time but seing how it went with Last Exile and others
Quote:
I think in our country TSR will released probably in 2010 or 2020
I wouldn`t count on that

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-02-14 at 19:16.
Old 2006-02-14, 16:02   Link #6
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
Quote:
Counting on MC Ent.? Well good luck on that
No, MC always sucks I have a copy of original Jap realise
Quote:
I do hope that they don`t mess it up this time but seing how it went with Last Exile and others
I always remember their horrible translation of Green Green
Quote:
Buy jap R2 ones. Download fansubs, strip the subtitles, mux them with your dvd In case you don`t prefer english audio
Hey, you name is Suzaku ?
Old 2006-02-14, 18:59   Link #7
Kami
FMP fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Kami
Well here in Brazil, FMP! won't be released at all! Not even FMP!, FMP? fumoffu and much less FMP!TSR. That sucks! I'd like so much to have those DVDs
Old 2006-02-15, 17:17   Link #8
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animoid
No, MC always sucks I have a copy of original Jap realise
Jap? Really? I`d love to lay my hands on these ones.
Quote:
I always remember their horrible translation of Green Green
Green green isn`t about translation at all Its about wild forest animals namely bears and monkeys
Quote:
Hey, you name is Suzaku ?
Yep, nice to meet you. Seriously, wont to get a perfect DVD- do it yourself
Old 2006-02-18, 05:44   Link #9
Crucifix

Well in the Philippines, FMP is already licensed by local network companies but it is dubbed in filipino(tagalog) and it is just a complete mess. Nobody distributes offical DVDs here so I have to order online and have it deliver to me via FedEX since the postal service is very very unreliable.

I wouldn't buy an official FMP DVD dubbed in tagalog anyways.
Old 2006-02-18, 14:01   Link #10
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Well here in Brazil, FMP! won't be released at all! Not even FMP!, FMP? fumoffu and much less FMP!TSR. That sucks! I'd like so much to have those DVDs
I live in the states, though I'm braziilan. But I've heard Animax is showing FMP! Fumoffu down there.

And the issue with Brazil is that, currently, it's anime market has been almost completely directed to the mass of not-so-anime fans. The dubbing they did was horrible too.
Changing "Tokyo Mew Mew" to something like "Meow Power, The Super Kitties" just makes me sad, mad and revolted.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-02-18, 16:07   Link #11
Vei1Side
Shirimasen

Send a message via AIM to Vei1Side
adv should aquire the licensing soon tho. fumoffu has been out for quite a while, so they need to put out TSR soon.
Old 2006-02-19, 05:12   Link #12
axephil

In France Fmp and Fumoffu have been licensed together in october 2005 and the 1st season have been released durind the christmas time. Fumuffo will be sold in march or april 2006. The next season (tsr) will be probably proposed at the end of 2006...
Old 2006-02-27, 12:05   Link #13
joshua.p

Send a message via AIM to joshua.p Send a message via MSN to joshua.p Send a message via Yahoo to joshua.p
FMP!TSR is slated for a US release on May 9, 2006. I pre-ordered vol.1+box for $34.99 last Friday.

ADV will be the licensing company again.
Old 2006-02-27, 12:55   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua.p
FMP!TSR is slated for a US release on May 9, 2006. I pre-ordered vol.1+box for $34.99 last Friday.

ADV will be the licensing company again.
Where in the world did you find this out from?

I'm not aware of any license announcements concerning Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. And May 9th 2006 (in just over two months time) seems rather soon, in practice it would mean it was actually licensed sometime last year.

Are you sure you have the correct series here, or maybe the release you've seen is a bootleg. I'm puzzled since none of the other sites (such as AoD or ANN) mention this release.
Old 2006-02-27, 13:00   Link #15
hi no ken Jebus

I was just checking up on that myself. Maybe I missed it or something but it's not on AoD, or ANN, or even the ADV site. So not quite sure where you saw this...
Old 2006-02-27, 13:26   Link #16
joshua.p

Send a message via AIM to joshua.p Send a message via MSN to joshua.p Send a message via Yahoo to joshua.p
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Where in the world did you find this out from?

I'm not aware of any license announcements concerning Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. And May 9th 2006 (in just over two months time) seems rather soon, in practice it would mean it was actually licensed sometime last year.

Are you sure you have the correct series here, or maybe the release you've seen is a bootleg. I'm puzzled since none of the other sites (such as AoD or ANN) mention this release.

I pre-ordered it through Suncoast. It is not a bootleg. Here is a scan of the pre-order slip I got from Suncoast.

FMP!TSR vol.1+box

I haven't seen an announcement of it on any websites either so it might be a mistake that I was able to pre-order it. But there is not a chance in hell that Suncoast would have it in their DB without it actually being licensed.

Last edited by joshua.p; 2006-02-27 at 13:37.
Old 2006-02-27, 18:48   Link #17
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
I pre-ordered it through Suncoast. It is not a bootleg. Here is a scan of the pre-order slip I got from Suncoast.

FMP!TSR vol.1+box

I haven't seen an announcement of it on any websites either so it might be a mistake that I was able to pre-order it. But there is not a chance in hell that Suncoast would have it in their DB without it actually being licensed.
You say you haven't seen an announcement on any website, well that's about the only thing you've said I agree with.

So care to explain why even the Suncoast website doesn't list this FMP!TSR boxset? And how do you know it's from ADV? Please show us some proof.

Suncoast
Searching the Suncoast website for "Full Metal Panic" turns up only the first two series, nothing on TSR. Searching for "Second Raid" turns up nothing.

My guess is that they have something mixed up because I'm sure someone would know about the title especially since it's release date is only 9 weeks away. My guess is that you are going to receive Full Metal Panic 1: Fumoffu - Full Metal Pandemon which had a release date of 10th May 2005 (not 2006) and costs $39.98.
Old 2006-02-27, 22:25   Link #18
joshua.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
You say you haven't seen an announcement on any website, well that's about the only thing you've said I agree with.
Sounds like you don't want it to be licensed.

Quote:
So care to explain why even the Suncoast website doesn't list this FMP!TSR boxset?
I don't work for Suncoast so I can't tell you why it is not listed on their website.

Quote:
My guess is that they have something mixed up because I'm sure someone would know about the title especially since it's release date is only 9 weeks away.
I paid a visit to Suncoast again today and it is listed as Full Metal Panic! The 2nd Raid vol.1 + box. They also have FMP!TSR vol.1 on sale for $19.99 on the same date. I too am sure someone knows about this title. But all I know is that I've got the pre-order slip for it.

Quote:
My guess is that you are going to receive Full Metal Panic 1: Fumoffu - Full Metal Pandemon which had a release date of 10th May 2005 (not 2006) and costs $39.98.
I highly doubt that since the numbers Suncoast uses to track DVDs had assigned a different # to FMP:F.

Sorry I can't give you more info about it. If there is anyone else on these forums that actually buys their anime on DVD in the US can pay a visit to their local Suncoast and try to pre-order the same thing maybe they can shed some more light on the situation.
Old 2006-02-27, 23:35   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Sounds like you don't want it to be licensed.
It's not a question of wanting it to be licensed, because I don't think there's a person on the planet who doesn't want TSR licensed. The question is pretty clearly "Is it licensed" and there doesn't appear to be a single iota of publicly available information on the web (at least) saying it is. Considering how lucrative a title like this is inevitably going to be for whoever ends up licensing it, I can't see any reason why they'd keep the license a secret.

Common sense says this still (unfortunately) isn't licensed, but if someone can show evidence to the contrary, I certainly won't complain. Maybe I'll bitch about the licensing company for not announcing it publicly, though.
Old 2006-02-28, 00:01   Link #20
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Common sense says this still (unfortunately) isn't licensed, but if someone can show evidence to the contrary, I certainly won't complain. Maybe I'll bitch about the licensing company for not announcing it publicly, though.
No. Common sense says it has been long licensed but ADV has not wanted to announce the license officially yet. Unfortunately, there are no Suncoast stores around here so I cannot verify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Considering how lucrative a title like this is inevitably going to be for whoever ends up licensing it, I can't see any reason why they'd keep the license a secret.
Um... I think there would be a lot less whining if they announced their license within a month of the first DVD coming out. That way, there isn't a whole bunch of people complaining how it takes forever for R1 DVD companies to put out a product. I mean, are there really any advantages to announcing a license early?
Closed Thread