Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 16:54   Link #1001
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Yes, but people who extort and abuse others purely because they're a minority are not exactly the nicest people in the world either. I don't condone any act that involves chaos or killing people, but clearly Blake doesn't either, yet she still believes in the White Fang's cause. Does that make Blake a worthless rapscallion who is "criminally insane" as well?
Blake is not a worthless rapscallion who is "criminally insane" weiss never said blake was or anyone who believe in their cause, weiss says the terrorists are (again different between hating a terrorist group and racism).

Also what i'm saying is not that weiss is correct, but blake is wrong. She got mad at weiss who was bashing that terrorist group "because we had no choice", if your going to kill and steal then you are going to be hated, if you get mad at people who find that bad then your wrong.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 16:58   Link #1002
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Also what i'm saying is not that weiss is correct, but blake is wrong.
Yet you keep insisting that Weiss isn't being judgmental and that her scorn is only directed at "terrorist" people.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:00   Link #1003
shadow1296

the thing is weiss's hatred towards the faunus is misdirected, she blames them for her fathers anger and abuse of her, and because she doesn't want to believe her family is in the wrong or the fact her father is a horrible person she looked for something else to blame and the easiest thing for her to blame was the white fangs attacks on the company and her hatred and racism stems from that
Old 2013-11-02, 17:05   Link #1004
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Maybe for some people, when they think "racism" they think of something entirely different from what is happening here. (maybe a stereotypical redneck or something)

Racism is a lot more complicated than that and yes, it happens even with people not realising they're doing it (a lot).

Racism is a result of being either misguided or conceited. The former isn't a sin, provided the person shows willingness to change after becoming aware.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:16   Link #1005
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Yet you keep insisting that Weiss isn't being judgmental and that her scorn is only directed at "terrorist" people.
Weiss isnt correct but she isnt wrong ether. During the previous arc when that bunny faunus was being bullied you didnt see her laughing and saying "MORE! MORE!" she was disgusted at the bullying just like blake was.
Anyway my stance is weiss isn't wrong, blake is.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:23   Link #1006
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Maybe for some people, when they think "racism" they think of something entirely different from what is happening here. (maybe a stereotypical redneck or something)

Racism is a lot more complicated than that and yes, it happens even with people not realising they're doing it (a lot).
I have to agree. Weiss isn't a total bigot, so there's hope for her yet, but her type of racism is a lot more pervasive than what people typically think of as racism.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:28   Link #1007
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Okay, I'm going to stick my neck out again, so feel free to chop away.

Can anyone back up the following claims with proof, not heresay?

1. The White Fang group has murdered anyone

2. The White Fang group has robbed stores

As far as I recall, the only two things that we know members of White Fang have done are:

1. attacked a train in the Black Trailer, fighting and destroying robotic guards, and presumably either blowing up the train and/or stealing Dust (neither of which has yet been confirmed)

2. disrupted a peaceful Faunus civil rights protest

Other than Weiss claiming that the White Fang had committed murder, no one else, so far as I remember, has made such a claim. Heck, it could have been her father telling her that the White Fang was responsible so that she wouldn't find out that it was those "questionable business partners" who were eeking out revenge for some double-crossed deal.

Even the two policemen in episode 15 never claimed that the White Fang had done anything. They only speculated that it might have been the White Fang who robbed the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
the thing is weiss's hatred towards the faunus is misdirected, she blames them for her fathers anger and abuse of her, and because she doesn't want to believe her family is in the wrong or the fact her father is a horrible person she looked for something else to blame and the easiest thing for her to blame was the white fangs attacks on the company and her hatred and racism stems from that
Yes, this is along the lines of what I am trying to say. People making claims based on what Weiss said reminds me of the "Yang and Ruby aren't blood-related" claims (I am still waiting for someone to post proof of that claim). Instead of blindly believing what Weiss has been told (certainly she didn't witness any murders or the train heist itself) and regurgitates, I would rather wait and find out the truth.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:33   Link #1008
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
1. attacked a train in the Black Trailer, fighting and destroying robotic guards, and presumably either blowing up the train and/or stealing Dust (neither of which has yet been confirmed)

Other than Weiss claiming that the White Fang had committed murder,
Adam certainly didn't care if the train's crew died, so the group isn't anti-murder, at least.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:40   Link #1009
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Adam doesn't speak for everyone in the group though. I find it hard to believe that Blake was the only odd one out.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:44   Link #1010
Quol
That Guy

As per your command i shall now begin to chop off your head~
Quote:
Other than Weiss claiming that the White Fang had committed murder, no one else, so far as I remember, has made such a claim. Heck, it could have been her father telling her that the White Fang was responsible so that she wouldn't find out that it was those "questionable business partners" who were seeking out revenge for some double-crossed deal.
Weiss has said her father came back multiple times very angry, enough times to make her childhood worse. I dont think such a bighead working at a top dust company would be stupid enough to be duped that many times. Also it was never mentioned her dad telling her about his business, the group seems pretty famous she could easily have heard it from another source. Famous terrorist groups tend to appear on media a lot such as news.

Quote:
Even the two policemen in episode 15 never claimed that the White Fang had done anything. They only speculated that it might have been the White Fang who robbed the store.
In order to speculate that a group did this, they must have done it at some point in time, also since this was their first guess i dont think they were just randomly guessing.

Quote:
Yes, this is along the lines of what I am trying to say. People making claims based on what Weiss said reminds me of the "Yang and Ruby aren't blood-related" claims (I am still waiting for someone to post proof of that claim). Instead of blindly believing what Weiss has been told (certainly she didn't witness any murders or the train heist itself) and regurgitates, I would rather wait and find out the truth.
While blindly believing isnt very good, not being smart enough to connect lines is also bad.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:49   Link #1011
Tenzen12

Does everithing always has to turn into racism and/or sexism discussion? Faunus are problematic minority and monkey boy didn't exactly improved their image with his disregard of law and basic rules of society either. Yeah, Not all Faunus are liars, and I am pretty sure Weiss actualy does realise it, but there is fraction big enough to earn such tretment.Prejudices are wrong, but they often hold some truth.

Also Weiss likely said things she didn't meant because she got carried away and same goes for Blake. When comes to confrontation people get more radical, it's normal occurence and there is no need put blame on either of them.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:51   Link #1012
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also Weiss likely said things she didn't meant because she got carried away and same goes for Blake.
Three days later, she doesn't look very repentant for chasing away her teammate.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:55   Link #1013
Tenzen12

I didn't see Blake admit being wrong either. People has weird impression that being angsty is equal of being victim. Wrong, as I said it's same for both of them.
Old 2013-11-02, 18:00   Link #1014
CBredbeard
Banned

I suspect that the White Fang is a terrorist group based on Blake's rather crummy defense of them. If she's so smart and knowledgeable on the subject, she should have been able to how and where Weiss is wrong about them. Instead she white-washes them, saying they're "very misguided" instead of denying outright that they're trying to wipe out humanity, which is a pretty extreme accusation to make.

At this point it's safer to assume that Blake's emotions got the better of her. She defended a group of people that she knew, may have been very close to, who had a cause she believed in at one point from someone who's family that she doesn't especially like. It was something of a perfect storm of emotion where someone Blake considers to be an enemy on some level attacking people she personally cares about, no matter how wrong they may be.

Quote:
Three days later, she doesn't look very repentant for chasing away her teammate.
Considering how much anger Weiss expressed towards the White Fang, she's letting Blake off pretty easy for hiding who she is for so long.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:22   Link #1015
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Considering how much anger Weiss expressed towards the White Fang, she's letting Blake off pretty easy for hiding who she is for so long.
You saying she should have betrayed and killed her then?
Old 2013-11-02, 18:33   Link #1016
Tenzen12

Huh, where THAT came from?
Old 2013-11-02, 18:50   Link #1017
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay, let me ask it differently. How -should- she have acted then, if you (or CBredbeard, who made the comment) think that Blake was let off easily?
Old 2013-11-02, 18:50   Link #1018
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
As per your command i shall now begin to chop off your head~Weiss has said...
Sorry, but you're going to have to sharpen your blade. Like I said, show me some proof, but you just go quoting an unreliable source again.

Quote:
While blindly believing isnt very good, not being smart enough to connect lines is also bad.
Tut, tut, there you go assuming things again. I am quite smart enough to make speculations based on heresay, just like you, but I'd prefer to be right, backed up by proof, if I state something as if it were factual.

---

On another subject recently discussed, some people here were saying that Yang and Ruby looked nothing like each other. Well, I disagreed, harking back to the scene where they were both face-to-face in episode 8 at about 4:55 or so. I decided to play around in Photoshop and see if I could determine whether or not they resembled each other:

Spoiler for for image matching:

If they are not blood-related, then maybe one of them is a clone with DNA modifications for hair color and measurements.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:55   Link #1019
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Or -maybe- they really aren't blood related and the similarities are due to the fact that it's an animation v_v.

And as much as I dislike the idea of labeling a group of extremists "terrorists" without more info (a terrorist in one person's eyes is a freedom fighter in another's), your argument of "since there is no proof, the opposite must be true" is a bit... out there.
Old 2013-11-02, 19:03   Link #1020
Boduar

Weiss is not racist ... you guys are overreacting wayyy too much. That is like saying batman is racist against humans because humans killed his father and every time he sees a human criminal he punches them in the face -for racism- ... no he just does not like criminals ... and those criminals tend to be human. I do not think Weiss would have approved of a non-fauna acting like a monkey thwarting the law and acting in such a fashion either as she seems rather pro-Order.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby