AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-18, 08:18   Link #8081
Lnlover

Personally i don't mind either way if the volume is final or not. But it seems watari said in volume 11 afterword that the climax is coming in vol 12 and he said something like that in volume 6 too, the story is halfway finished. In the page before this someone posted information about this but i don't understand japanese and the one who posted it said the volume might be last and again i don't mind either way just finish the romance quickly
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 16:55   Link #8082
WingedAccelerator

It can't be the last, because simply put, we almost know nothing concrete at this point about the whole Yukinoshita family issue, the Hayama stuff, plus Yukino's request. Revealing and solving everything in one, final volume just seems impossible. Not to mention the romance stuff. Watari indeed said these "close the completion" bits in the afterworlds, yet more than 2 years still passed from Volume 11. If he precisely planned everything to end with Volume 12 long ago, then this 2 empty years just doesn't make sense. I think he thought about it, and we will get a 2-3 volumes long, final arc to tie all loose ends, not just coming back to end the series with quickly solving everything. It's not his stlye.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 01:12   Link #8083
csuree
The Most Hated™

you never know what an author might think it is best for the series.
maybe he took 2 years off to focus on other things and never thought of the end for Oregairu, thus the end might get rushed and we get pissed but thats all we can do... he would have already wrote it as he saw fit.
still it would make me mad, because a so well developed novel to have a lousy ending would piss everybody off.
we will see soon enough the only thing we need now is a translator.
this will probably sound stupid but i haven't been here for a long time, was vol 11 translated by somebody or not?
Old 2017-08-20, 02:00   Link #8084
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Excor did some of it but is now retired and an anon in 4chan/reddit? Not sure wich one? did the rest, but it is fully translated
P.s: i havent seen you around in a long time, nice to see a familiar name again
Old 2017-08-21, 09:50   Link #8085
csuree
The Most Hated™

well i could say i was lurking here and there following it from time to time.. Was hoping for some news about vol 12.

now that we have "something" i am curious.
when i went "offline" i knew some of vol 11 was started by excor and then he dropped it(let's put it in a non-offensive way: he retired) but did not think anybody would pick it up.

so i need to find it and read it then..but i might also read the rest too, to clear things up again before vol 12 hits us..
Old 2017-08-21, 12:30   Link #8086
IceHism

I'm ready to see who hikki chooses. Should catch up before the volume drops.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 10:13   Link #8087
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Spoiler for volume 12:
Old 2017-08-31, 11:04   Link #8088
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by YbKWzNEb View Post
Spoiler for volume 12:
Best girl
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 11:20   Link #8089
Grey Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YbKWzNEb View Post
Spoiler for volume 12:
Looks like someone won already
Grey Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 11:32   Link #8090
Cinnamon

It has been so long since last volume and when it comes, it brings a smile to my face.
Old 2017-08-31, 11:40   Link #8091
Whalata

Now the winner is
Whalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 12:34   Link #8092
AB079
Banned

Considering the SS and who was the winner there, we have to options: Yukino wins or 8man stays alone.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 14:29   Link #8093
Triok123

^pretty sure is the latter one...i don't really think he will pick any of them
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 14:47   Link #8094
WingedAccelerator

As a proud member of the anti-Yukino faction, don't jump the gun with just that cover, guys and gals!

As I said before, I'm firmly believe that this won't be the last volume and the given information also mentioned closing arc, rather than closure. But let's take a look at the history of volume covers, first. I'm not counting the chibi characters in the background from earlier ones, just the highlighted characters.
Yukino: 1, 3, 6, 8, and now 12
Yui: 2, 7, 11
Hachiman: 4
Komachi: 4
Saika: 5
Saki: 6.5
Keika: 6.5
Miura: 7.5
Hiratsuka-sensei: 9
Haruno: 10
Iroha: 10.5

If Volume 12 is not the last one, then Yukino's chances for another cover is minimal, unless the last one is a group cover, or couple cover, celebrating her win. Sure, she got her 5th cover, but I don't think the series aims for that level of overcentralization. If 3 volumes left, I expect either Hachiman or Hayama getting one, although the bois are not popular, when it comes to covers... YukiMOM may also get one, who knows. I just don't think this cover means that Yukino is 100% guaranteed to win. If she is still the most popular candidate, then what took it so long for Watari? He could have concluded the story years ago with the first solution that came into his mind that would have made her win, and the fans would have loved it, but he didn't... Maybe I'm delusional, maybe I'm grasping the last straw here, but I don't think it's over.

Also, I don't consider ANOTHER as a sure proof of Yui losing in the canon series. That "Watari fanfic" just ended abruptly and unsatisfyingly for my tastes. Volume 11 stuff, where Yui wins. That's it. No time-skip, no future, nothing. If she doesn't win in the main series, then Watari didn't want her to win, simply as that. I don't believe ANOTHER was written as an excuse for that.

So let's see how Hachiman's youth romantic comedy will be wrong, as he expected.
Old 2017-08-31, 16:47   Link #8095
Disdanny
Izanagi

When will the spoilers be out by? also the pictures of the volume.
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 16:54   Link #8096
Rejectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
As a proud member of the anti-Yukino faction, don't jump the gun with just that cover, guys and gals!

As I said before, I'm firmly believe that this won't be the last volume and the given information also mentioned closing arc, rather than closure. But let's take a look at the history of volume covers, first. I'm not counting the chibi characters in the background from earlier ones, just the highlighted characters.
Yukino: 1, 3, 6, 8, and now 12
Yui: 2, 7, 11
Hachiman: 4
Komachi: 4
Saika: 5
Saki: 6.5
Keika: 6.5
Miura: 7.5
Hiratsuka-sensei: 9
Haruno: 10
Iroha: 10.5

If Volume 12 is not the last one, then Yukino's chances for another cover is minimal, unless the last one is a group cover, or couple cover, celebrating her win. Sure, she got her 5th cover, but I don't think the series aims for that level of overcentralization. If 3 volumes left, I expect either Hachiman or Hayama getting one, although the bois are not popular, when it comes to covers... YukiMOM may also get one, who knows. I just don't think this cover means that Yukino is 100% guaranteed to win. If she is still the most popular candidate, then what took it so long for Watari? He could have concluded the story years ago with the first solution that came into his mind that would have made her win, and the fans would have loved it, but he didn't... Maybe I'm delusional, maybe I'm grasping the last straw here, but I don't think it's over.

Also, I don't consider ANOTHER as a sure proof of Yui losing in the canon series. That "Watari fanfic" just ended abruptly and unsatisfyingly for my tastes. Volume 11 stuff, where Yui wins. That's it. No time-skip, no future, nothing. If she doesn't win in the main series, then Watari didn't want her to win, simply as that. I don't believe ANOTHER was written as an excuse for that.

So let's see how Hachiman's youth romantic comedy will be wrong, as he expected.
Actually, it Yukino 9th Covers if you count the Bonus CD + limited edition Cover and Yui have 7th.

Last edited by Rejectors; 2017-08-31 at 17:12.
Rejectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 03:02   Link #8097
Grey Hat

Someone said that Vol. 12 is the last volume, uhmm is it true?
Grey Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 03:31   Link #8098
WingedAccelerator

No, it's not. But despite this, some people still insist that it will be the last one.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...finale/.119857
Old 2017-09-01, 22:35   Link #8099
Disdanny
Izanagi

Did the WN end? I was checking the wiki and I saw that all the girls become his wives.
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 22:37   Link #8100
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disdanny View Post
Did the WN end? I was checking the wiki and I saw that all the girls become his wives.
Wrong thread maybe? There is no WN for this one as far as I know.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck