AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 23:03   Link #401
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
In the end it was one cour anime. Second cour was not annonced.
Do you have a source on that? Because, unless I'm mistaken, the last two episodes of this season haven't aired yet.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 13:06   Link #402
csuree
The Most Hated™

this was it? reusing old music? and toying with finishing the series then we get this cliffhanger?
in 2-3 episodes they could have ended it leisurely.
this is just lazy work from them. disappointed in waiting 10+ years for this.
But at least they tried
Old 2018-07-20, 14:20   Link #403
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
in 2-3 episodes they could have ended it leisurely.
Erm... no. There's still 2 novels left to animate, one of which is split into 2 volumes, so basically the same amount of material they had for this season.

Sure, they could've invented some random ending with 2-3 episodes showing Amalgam and Mithril fight, boom-boom-splash! but that would've been a truly horrible decision.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 11:18   Link #404
Dextro
He Without a Title

I still trust Gatoh-san. When he said they were aiming to finish this I trust that someday, somehow we might get the second half of this. I mean, we waited 12 long years for this to happen, we can wait a couple of years more (hopefully not another 12 though )
Old 2018-07-21, 11:31   Link #405
Ulin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6BEdKTGhNg
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 12:07   Link #406
amehmood16

Fantasia Bunko updated their festival page with more info on the FMP stage event.

FMP Special Stage on 10/21 at 14:00 JST
Guest: Shoji Gatoh and more!

"A must-see stage for fans of the FMP anime series"

I think there's a good chance we'll hear some news of any possible anime continuation at this event given they are specifically mentioning the anime for this event and Gatoh is there of course.

amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 16:26   Link #407
amehmood16

https://gamebiz.jp/?p=217493

Highlights:
-Kadokawa operating income for Q1 (Apr - Jun 2018)
-Game/Video profits have increased thanks to overseas licensing
-specifically cites FMP IV among a few other shows as contributing to earnings

More reason to get s5 soon since it seems to be profitable.
Old 2018-08-26, 21:44   Link #408
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Some screenshots of the animation fixes in the BD Box 2:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-08-27, 14:25   Link #409
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Some screenshots of the animation fixes in the BD Box 2:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Any news on fixes to the car chase scene? That's the one bit of the show that really screamed unfinished to me. It almost felt like they had gone back and gotten the season 1 GONZO to do them
Old 2018-08-27, 15:36   Link #410
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Any news on fixes to the car chase scene? That's the one bit of the show that really screamed unfinished to me. It almost felt like they had gone back and gotten the season 1 GONZO to do them
Aside from slightly sharper picture quality, there were no changes between the broadcast and BD versions for BOX I (eps 1-4). Presumably this was because the staff was still trying to finish the last two episodes since the box came out just a week after the finale. But seeing as how there are changes to BOX II, it should be reasonable to expect changes for BOX III as well now that the staff has more time to redraw the bad parts. Unfortunately, it seems a few of the issues in BOX I will probably never be fixed, or it could happen later down the line if they re-release FMP IV.
Old 2018-08-28, 12:40   Link #411
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
Aside from slightly sharper picture quality, there were no changes between the broadcast and BD versions for BOX I (eps 1-4). Presumably this was because the staff was still trying to finish the last two episodes since the box came out just a week after the finale. But seeing as how there are changes to BOX II, it should be reasonable to expect changes for BOX III as well now that the staff has more time to redraw the bad parts. Unfortunately, it seems a few of the issues in BOX I will probably never be fixed, or it could happen later down the line if they re-release FMP IV.
That's a damn shame but there are still plenty of subpar scenes in the upcoming so at least those should get fixed.
Old 2018-09-30, 17:14   Link #412
dasvik

More image comparisons between TV and BD: https://fullmetalpanicnews.blogspot....e-victory.html
Old 2018-09-30, 17:38   Link #413
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

The Kurama fight scene is the standout improvement. Good stuff.
I am not sure if I like them toning down that Nami scene though.. hiding trauma already inflicted on TV viewers is only more salt on psychological wounds.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 14:28   Link #414
amehmood16

FMP stage event is in around 9.5 hours.

Livestream link for anyone that wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CrV...ature=youtu.be
Old 2018-10-20, 22:44   Link #415
Mugen26

Apologies if I have been away from the forums for a long while; ultimately discord has pretty much taken over as the primary outlet for my thoughts on the series. I'm hopeful some good news comes from this year's live stream as well. As we know, it was 3 years ago that Invisible Victory was first announced to being made and now that it has come and gone while leaving off on an even bigger cliffhanger, I really hope this year doesn't disappoint us with no new anime. We shall see very soon! just over 1 hour until the event starts. C'mon Full Metal Panic Season 5!
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 00:42   Link #416
amehmood16

Sadly no new information at all. Really thought we would get something here. Perhaps it will take a bit longer to hear of new developments. Hopefully it's not another decade....
Old 2018-10-22, 16:08   Link #417
dasvik

So... what happened there, what was the FMP event about?
Old 2018-10-22, 18:14   Link #418
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
So... what happened there, what was the FMP event about?
It was a special stage event for the Fantasia Bunko festival, similar to the one 3 years ago when IV was first announced. However, there was nothing of note this time around. They just advertised the blu ray boxes, Tamaru Yamada's new album, and a couple new plastic models.

However, Gatoh gave the audience one hint at the end. "I cannot say anything right now. But please buy the plastic models and wait for the time being." That's more or less what he said.

So perhaps, there is something in the works but it will take a bit longer to give an official announcement. And plastic model kit sales also seem to be important in making more anime happen.
Old 2018-10-23, 00:10   Link #419
dasvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
It was a special stage event for the Fantasia Bunko festival, similar to the one 3 years ago when IV was first announced. However, there was nothing of note this time around. They just advertised the blu ray boxes, Tamaru Yamada's new album, and a couple new plastic models.

However, Gatoh gave the audience one hint at the end. "I cannot say anything right now. But please buy the plastic models and wait for the time being." That's more or less what he said.

So perhaps, there is something in the works but it will take a bit longer to give an official announcement. And plastic model kit sales also seem to be important in making more anime happen.
Ok, thank you for the info, that's what I wanted to know.
Old 2018-11-20, 22:07   Link #420
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Xebec has been acquired by Sunrise.
Quote:
Xebec is now owned by Sunrise after the transfer deal has been signed by I.G Port (previous owner) and Sunrise. Xebec has suffered constant deficits in recent years and I.G Port decided to sell its assets to Sunrise.
You guys think this has something to do with the lack of new info from the event - waiting for how this deal will go before Gatoh or the guys from Kadokawa can say anything? Anyway, Season 5 (if it gets a go signal) getting animated by Sunrise is now a possibility.