Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 19:49   Link #161
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I love how people always discredit Naruto's intelligence. Yes he's an idiot most of the time, but he's not stupid. Look at the [brilliant] tactics he's used in some of his fights.
People discredit Naruto's intelligence because the author does. Naruto himself admits it.
Naruto isn't supposed to be smart, he's supposed to think outside the box. The problem is that apparently thinking outside the box = Kage Bunshin, period. Your only example that isn't KB is the case with Gaara's armor weakness which Naruto hadn't realized at all, it was literally dumb luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
lolol I've always said that Naruto is a genius when it comes to thinking up combat strategies on the fly. If one doesn't work, he attacks again with a modified version of his previous attack and keeps doing it until he gets it right.

If that's not intellect I don't know what is.
Persistence, stamina, failures and Kage Bunshin is your definition of great intellect? That's some broad definition you got here.
Quote:
Seriously, only the Naras are smarter than he is.
Naruto is so fondamentaly dumb that he didn't even understand that Shikaku & co were killed. Let's face it, Kishimoto is so heavy handed in showing Naruto's stupidity that he makes Naruto looks autistic at time.
It's very annoying but his character was made this way, Naruto is an half-wit most of the time. He's the guy so dumb that he doesn't realize the world can't be changed so he'll do it anywyay.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 02:29   Link #162
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Didn't he use that on Gaara's transformation? And it was it's only weak spot if i remember correctly

The problem in case of the 10-tails is that it's so deformed you can't even tell where's it's butthole
Hmm........Assuming it is male and has only one hole, its just a matter of searching And if it has more than one then..........let's just say he will go down in either pain or ecstasy (holy shit my mind is rotting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You just found a reason for Chouji to exist .

"Chouji: Sticking his finger in things he shouldn't since 1999."
Why did you have to say that T_T Now I have to watch something to get these images out of my mind

And about Naruto's intelligence, he's an idiot - though admittedly not as much as Tobi. Fighting instincts don't equal intelligence.
Old 2012-12-25, 04:31   Link #163
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
....And if it has more than one then..........let's just say he will go down in either pain or ecstasy (holy shit my mind is rotting)
In that case, depends on its preference, both holes can be ecstasy (see, your mind isn't as rotten as mine )
Old 2012-12-25, 06:23   Link #164
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You just found a reason for Chouji to exist .

"Chouji: Sticking his finger in things he shouldn't since 1999."
You know it makes sense!

Cho-Shi-Ino combo. Shi & Ino run distraction while Chouji does a flying meatball tank behind the Juubi finishing with the over sized Thousand Years of Pain jutsu. Since Madara and Obito are connected by umbilical cords to the Juubi, they also feel the pain of Chouji's move. Queue Naruto Troll Face and manga ending.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 09:38   Link #165
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Gaint Chouji would be a easy target for the Ten Tails to fire mokuton rods at him. Chouji would need someone to distract the Ten Tails but it still may be able to fire the rods out.

Madara is a edo so I don't think he would be greatly affected by a genjutsu should affect him if its strong enough.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-12-27 at 09:09.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 09:54   Link #166
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Gaint Chouji would be a easy target for the Ten Tails to fire wood release rods at him. Chouji would need someone to distract the Ten Tails but it still may be able to fire the rods out.

Madara is a edo so I don't think he would be greatly affected by a genjutsu should affect him if its strong enough.
Umm...TimeMask, we're just joking about using "thousand years of pain" (aka. enema jutsu) on Juubi. Don't take it so seriously.
Old 2012-12-25, 10:16   Link #167
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Umm...TimeMask, we're just joking about using "thousand years of pain" (aka. enema jutsu) on Juubi. Don't take it so seriously.
I'm talking about why Chouji would have a hard time vs the Ten Tails, I'm not referring to the "thousand years of pain".

As Chouji would be a easier target in giant mode to the Ten Tails mokuton. So maybe Chouji shouldn't use giant mode vs the Ten Tails unless someone holds its tails down so it can't fire mokuton at Chouji.

Its similar to how Killer Bee is a easier target to Amaterasu in Biju mode since he's bigger in biju mode.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:38   Link #168
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I'm talking about why Chouji would have a hard time vs the Ten Tails, I'm not referring to the "thousand years of pain".
My point is, Kenu's whole post is a joke, yet you respond to it so seriously.
Old 2012-12-25, 11:01   Link #169
Eragon
Still Alive

Oi, who said we were not being serious?(at least I was)
I assume anything going up somebodies ass must be painful(at least at first - there goes my brain again)
Old 2012-12-25, 11:50   Link #170
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I assume anything going up somebodies ass must be painful(at least at first - there goes my brain again)
then i guess sasuke would be immune to it... ba dum tsh

i wouldnt be all that surprised to see an immature move at some point in this fight actually. not that i expect it, but kishi does tend to remind us that no matter what happens, naruto is still naruto. maybe he'll drop a BM Naruto fart right in the juubi's face like he did kiba? i also would like to see obito being immature (like when he played the tobi part) but chances are that he will die before there's an appropriate time for it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 12:36   Link #171
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
maybe he'll drop a BM Naruto fart right in the juubi's face like he did kiba?
Well, he does use "wind" chakra
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 12:57   Link #172
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
lolol I've always said that Naruto is a genius when it comes to thinking up combat strategies on the fly. If one doesn't work, he attacks again with a modified version of his previous attack and keeps doing it until he gets it right.

If that's not intellect I don't know what is.
That's one example of Kishimoto going to the extremes with a character so much that's it's quite unrealistic. I mean one cannot be dumb and smart at the same time as much as Naruto. It can be true to a lesser extent, there are people who are not great thinkers in general but in extreme situations with very limited time to think they can be surprisingly smart. They are quick thinkers and they are the rare who can do better under high level of stress. So we know what was Kishimoto's general idea with Naruto, and that idea worked well when used by other authors, but Kishimoto just amplifies these traits of Naruto so much that sometimes it feels like more like a caricature of himself. It's hard to believe that someone who at one moment is checking for animal penises the next moment is the great savior For example when Naruto finds out in a matter of minutes how the 3rd raikage got his scar, while thousands of elite ninja who knew all circumstances couldn't find it out for decades, that's much more unrealistic here than lets say Naruto coming up with his winning strategy against Kakuzu because that requires analytical thinking instead of having a great idea. I mean there are guys that are similar: Goku and Luffy, but in case of Naruto sometimes it feels that the author went too far. Also because ninja battles are also intellectual battles, these are not so simple as in case of DBZ or One Piece, so having a dumb guy suddenly outsmarting is less realistic than in simple battles that happen in other manga. But i don't want to complain about that one thing, since this is true in many other cases in this manga, it's just how it is, and in the end of the day i don't care if the overall story is entertaining. Also in the current battle we see how there are smart people who help Naruto out (Kakashi, Shikaku, Itachi, ...) and as usual he is quite lucky, so i have nothing to complain about this battle.

The inconsistency of his mental performances is similar to that of his speed. When the raikage comes at him with intent to kill he can dodge that, when not even Sasuke's sharingan could follow the movements of the raikage in that state. But in the next battle he cannot dodge Tobi's attacks and he can't hit Tobi, while it was never said that Tobi had any kind of super-speed. If Naruto used that speed against Tobi then Tobi could not even see him coming, and same goes for anyone else other than the raikage.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-12-25 at 16:49.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:58   Link #173
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is there a break this week with the Shonen Jump?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 04:22   Link #174
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Is there a break this week with the Shonen Jump?

Was pondering the same thing.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 04:51   Link #175
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
^ Same here.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:06   Link #176
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Usually there is during Xmas.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 08:12   Link #177
GDB

Yeah, looks like the next issue comes out 1/4, so there shouldn't be any release this week, barring a super early leak.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 10:03   Link #178
Magus

Send a message via ICQ to Magus
On Twitter, MangaPanda claimed that Bleach, Naruto and One Piece would be out tomorrow...
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 10:26   Link #179
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
On Twitter, MangaPanda claimed that Bleach, Naruto and One Piece would be out tomorrow...
If i remember correctly this is how it goes each year and then there's a 2 week break.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 10:31   Link #180
GDB

So super early leak it is, then!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote