AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-25, 09:35   Link #1621
DSJFX18
Destiny

Alright.. My first upset in the tournament had arrived... Also the first time a character I really wanted to win lost.. Damn.. It was only 40ish votes too.. sigh. Shana...

Well at least Fate is still in, my last remaining top favourite. I don't know what I'll do if I see Suiseiseki as champion.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:36   Link #1622
Katapan
俺様祭り

Damn, I'm very mad that Shana lost by such a small margin. That must mean that fake votes have been quite high this time again, I guess ...

That ends my voting for this year's Saimoe (unless there is an exhibition match). Shana was the last character that I truly supported, I don't have enough interest in the other characters to pick between them. I think Fate would make a good Saimoe champion though.
I'll be looking forward to next year's tournament if I'm still able to vote by then, although I won't be able to support my beloved Haruhi-sama anymore. Oh well, at least Shana will still be here thanks to the OVA/movie, and there'll be Asuna
Old 2006-10-25, 09:37   Link #1623
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Sir, there are non-combatants abstaining from votes.

Distance: 300 meters.

Condition: All green. Get set. Drive Ignition.

Needless to say, I'm all for Fate-chan for the next round. Go Fate-chan, your (girl)friend Nanoha is cheering you on!
Old 2006-10-25, 09:37   Link #1624
Choki
I believe i can fly

Wow close 1 Shana....let us stand and appluade her for making it so far
Old 2006-10-25, 09:40   Link #1625
chucky
Always impatient

Fake vote:

http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up1/file/a1_062871.png
Old 2006-10-25, 09:40   Link #1626
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Sir, there are non-combatants abstaining from votes.

Distance: 300 meters.

Condition: All green. Get set. Drive Ignition.

Needless to say, I'm all for Fate-chan for the next round. Go Fate-chan, your (girl)friend Nanoha is cheering you on!
Actually, since there are no worthy single males in the series, a FatexNanoha would be nice

We must let Desu know that her days are numbered
Old 2006-10-25, 09:41   Link #1627
DSJFX18
Destiny

I'm still mourning for Shana.

Anyways.... Chikaru would most likely be putting up a good fight. So Fate must not let her guard (votes) down. I don't want to see another top favourite out.

Shana...
Old 2006-10-25, 09:45   Link #1628
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
I'm still mourning for Shana.

Anyways.... Chikaru would most likely be putting up a good fight. So Fate must not let her guard (votes) down. I don't want to see another top favourite out.

Shana...
I'm quite sad about that, too, but I think I'll get over it soon. Besides, against a heavyweight like that, putting in a few 'what-ifs' and such, I thought Shana did extremely well despite having less hype (as in their respective series) than Suiseiseki. Well done, Shana. Hope to see you again in the another one of these tourneys in the future.

As for the other semi-finals...It's kinda hard, since I don't watch either SP or Nanoha, though I was considering on picking up the latter some time ago. I guess I'll just watch and wait.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:47   Link #1629
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Actually, since there are no worthy single males in the series, a FatexNanoha would be nice

We must let Desu know that her days are numbered
Nanoha: Fate-chan, good luck! We'll be with you all the way!

RH: Don't worry, my Master!

Starlight Breaker!

Nanoha: Ano...Rasing Heart...that might be a little too much...

Fate making it into the finals would be greatly appreciated, but one cannot discount the StoPani faction, as they've also made it this far. And, as the Shana versus Suiseiseki voting has shown, the factions that have made it this far shouldn't definitely be underestimated.

Something I've noticed which I like about the Nanoha contingency, though, is that they don't seem to pull any tricks, just simple voting.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:48   Link #1630
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, if Haruhi sneezes or something and Fate loses, I can't vote in Saimoe anymore. Fate is my last favorite and there's no one in the finals that I like enough to vote for BUT, in contrast to others, my second favorite is still in the tournament, so I guess it's been a good run.

Too bad, a Fate/Shana final match would have been fun.
Bleh, if it were Shinku instead of Desu, I might have actually voted in the finals Oh well...

WTH, Haruhi won't sneeze. Fate WILL WIN
Old 2006-10-25, 09:51   Link #1631
ppc123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I'm quite sad about that, too, but I think I'll get over it soon. Besides, against a heavyweight like that, putting in a few 'what-ifs' and such, I thought Shana did extremely well despite having less hype (as in their respective series) than Suiseiseki. Well done, Shana. Hope to see you again in the another one of these tourneys in the future.

As for the other semi-finals...It's kinda hard, since I don't watch either SP or Nanoha, though I was considering on picking up the latter some time ago. I guess I'll just watch and wait.

Do some search in YouTube, and make wise choice
Old 2006-10-25, 09:53   Link #1632
DSJFX18
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

Yeh...I know her performance was really good...but I still can't help lamenting over her loss. When one does well, expectations/goals also move higher. (Sports anyone?) And because Shana also had the chance to win, I'm just upset.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:53   Link #1633
delta
watching you

That Shana managed to get so close suggest a clear Fate win in the final to me. Oh yeah, I think she'll win today too, obviously.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:57   Link #1634
DSJFX18
Destiny

If Haruhi happened to sneeze, and Fate lost. I'll lose my interest in the 2006 tournament. But I will still vote against Desu, for taking out Shana.
Old 2006-10-25, 10:01   Link #1635
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Nanoha: Fate-chan, good luck! We'll be with you all the way!

RH: Don't worry, my Master!

Starlight Breaker!

Nanoha: Ano...Rasing Heart...that might be a little too much...
lol i can imagine nanoha taking out everyone in one go for her buddie ^_^
well hope for a nice clean fight with few fake votes...
imo i think fate has the advantage but i wont want to jinx it now >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-25, 10:06   Link #1636
Bloodseeker

Fate is the last chance of a character that I know and like winning this tournament... Go Fate!
Old 2006-10-25, 10:07   Link #1637
LCeh

Expected result, but Shana put up a much better fight than I thought she would.

Today, definitely going to vote for Feito-chan. Can't make any mistake about it. No more pity votes, no more underdog support, it's win or go home.
Old 2006-10-25, 10:08   Link #1638
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Now these IP address bans are suspicious. As you all know, it is possible to rig an election by selectively interfering with votes from certain precincts you don't like. What is possible in Politics is possible in SaiMoe as well. Hopefully, it is not an attempt by someone to manipulate the voting process.
The IP address bans are addressed on the code page (if you could ever get it, I guess that may be why none of you have seen it). Basically the organizers think all non Japanese fans are cheating. It's why I usually try to post an ascii of the character I like whenever I vote, if they get too many identical votes from the same general region, they're just banning the whole region.

Later today I'll post what the link says on the code page so you can see it for yourselves.

EDIT: Later today is now - of course now I have a code that I have no use for.
Quote:
ATTENTION

-Fundamental rule-
You can vote only ONCE per game. Voting twice or more in a same day is prohibited.
You can choose 1 character per game (main tournament).
(During preliminary games, up to 8 characters per game)

Note that not a few domestic (Japanese) participants have a doubt that
foreign participants are ignoring the rule above
because foreign votes tend to concentrate on particular animations.

Participants who don't follow this rule can be banned
including the rest of the participant using the same ISP.

We hope that you consider "supporting contents" when choosing characters to vote.
"Supporting contents" mean images, ascii arts, movies, texts, etc. posted by
enthusiasts to gain appeal for a particular character.
Old 2006-10-25, 10:14   Link #1639
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Something I've noticed which I like about the Nanoha contingency, though, is that they don't seem to pull any tricks, just simple voting.

And they are not as annoying at campaining too. Unlike the ones that did the most intense campaining.
Well, that's what I can tell from browsing /a/
Old 2006-10-25, 10:16   Link #1640
dzer

LOL Japan-
Closed Thread