AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-02, 14:30   Link #501
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, the anime is 12 eps. long, if they made it somewhere around 24 or 26 eps then we will see Shion's bg story too. Still, I don't see much development of Mizuho's feelings to any girls like Mariya, Takako, or Shion. Mmm, should Ichiko be included?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 15:27   Link #502
dzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Well, the anime is 12 eps. long, if they made it somewhere around 24 or 26 eps then we will see Shion's bg story too. Still, I don't see much development of Mizuho's feelings to any girls like Mariya, Takako, or Shion. Mmm, should Ichiko be included?

I think that so far Mizuho has feelings for Takako. I didn't notice any feelings of "like" for either Mariya or Shion.
dzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 20:24   Link #503
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzer View Post
I think that so far Mizuho has feelings for Takako. I didn't notice any feelings of "like" for either Mariya or Shion.
That's an assumption, but it's the best supported one compared to Mariya or Shion...At least for as far as I've watched up to episode 6, and considering the fact that the next two episodes are based off Kana and Yukari, it seems as though the last four episodes would actually have some real development in this department.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 22:22   Link #504
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Episode 9 is here!!! Screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler for Highlights of the day =):
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 00:03   Link #505
Greenish Growth

Spoiler Episode Nine:
Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 01:01   Link #506
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Spoiler:
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 01:52   Link #507
Omniscient

Quote:
Actually, there's a DVD 13th episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Spoiler Episode Nine:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 04:08   Link #508
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Episode 9 is here!!! Screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler for Highlights of the day =):
oh no way...so does this mean that...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 04:18   Link #509
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh no way...so does this mean that...
Spoiler:
No, no...She doesn't.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Edited. Gah...Can't believe how careless I've been with spoiler tags recently....=_=. thanks Deathkillz.

Last edited by Owaranai Destiny; 2006-12-03 at 05:27.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 04:23   Link #510
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ erm you missed out the "[/spoiler]" part
anyways i dont like to be spoiled by blogs before i watch it >.< and my DL is nearly done anyways will report back soon!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-03, 05:59   Link #511
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

well well so its the school festival and out comes the classic play scenario
ep9!
Spoiler:

well and thats the end of another shocking ep...full of mariya and takako development here...
for some reason i dont want to see a mizuho x takako end...duno why but theres this feeling that its harsh on the others if it happens...i like takako but mariya is in soo much pain im really feeling for her

ahh well it does seem to be going down that route tho but i just hope that everyone else would be happy...

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-12-03 at 12:26.
Old 2006-12-03, 07:06   Link #512
dzer

Yes Owaranai Destiny, I was assuming that. Note my "I think" .

Takako doesn't know he is a male.

I (like I allready said..yea I'm annoying) hope for Takako ending, IMO she and Mizuko are the best couple, Mariya should joust stay as childhood firend, but knowing anime
Spoiler:

Last edited by dzer; 2006-12-03 at 07:49.
dzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 12:12   Link #513
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just cought up with the subs(ep6) , and i have to say... this is, unexpectedly, pretty darn good. When i was picking this show up i was thinking to myself "ok, why am i going to watch this load of bull again?", but after first two eps i felt glad i did pick it up.

Aside from the chibi(which i hate) the series delivers on many levels. I is turning out much better than i expected. Mizuho...damn, that is one hot guy if i ever saw one...OMG, what am i saying...NOOO, my brain! ... *ehm*... seriously, he is so feminine it simply troubles my mind

And what are his breasts made of? Definitely looked like the real thing when he was trying on the swimsuits .

As for ep6... Takako turned out a much more likable character than she seemed in the begining(when i labeled her nothing short of bitch). Having Shion forget that Mizuho is a boy for a moment must have really damaged his manhood (assuming there is any left at this point).

About romance in the series... thus far there is next to none(Ichi does not count )... with half the series over this worries me a bit, but what do i know - so far everything has been very nicely done, so i trust they will pull this off nicely. At first i thought this will be Mizuho x Shion (with Mariya to form a triangle), but at this point i don't know... Shion has been shafted in terms of screentime and she even managed to forget he was a boy, so i don't know... i almost think it will be a Takako x Mizuho end at this point....he seemed arther fond of her at the end of ep6... but who knows - i think it won't be a Shion ending based on the fact that i like Shion the most, and the girls i support have about 95% lose ratio (but i can still dream, right? )

Overall very good series, can't wait for more
Old 2006-12-03, 15:01   Link #514
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Wow, Takako was SOO cute in ep. 9. It was so funny when she discovered that
Spoiler for ep9:

I like Takako more and more now. I think she and Mizuho will make a good couple.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:27   Link #515
tritoch

Well, it was a good move to go with Takako. Anyone who played the game would make Takako the first choice. =)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:59   Link #516
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

This is definitely way better of what I thought it would be. About ep.9...

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Having watched the show this far, I really don't like it when people dismiss OtoBoku as just another cross-dressing anime; it certainly is not top notch, but it deserves a more accuarate, fair judgement.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 18:36   Link #517
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I originally thought the love competition will be fought between the three candidates: Shion, Mariya, and Takako. However, there has been little or few development between Mizuho and Shion since the end of the Elder election.

Shion feels more like a confident or secret keeper to Mizuho. The kind of caring big sister that Mizuho can look to for advice, and nothing else has been further elaborated upon Shion's illness meaning not to be an issue which threatens her life. Therefore, I can rest assure that there won't be any sad twists incorporated for the last arc.

Mariya, on the other hand, acts and behaves more like the family relative that keeps on protecting Mizuho and encourages to stand up for himself. I do not think for now in the ninth episode that her jealousy or uptight contempt was triggered for any sort of intimate feelings suddenly awoken within her for Mizuho.
Spoiler:

Takako's the one who has given active signs toward developing some intimate feelings toward Mizuho, since the end of the Elder elections.

Episode six is testament of the stirring and stormy feelings that ensued when Takako looked forward to talk to Mizuho, she fell by summer fever, and Mizuho let her rest on his lap gently caressing her head.

The episode itself ended with a nice cliffhanger, because I thought as Takako asked Mariya about Mizuho; my heart raced thinking that Takako found out Mizuho's identity but was not the case.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 19:26   Link #518
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Wow, Takako was SOO cute in ep. 9...I like Takako more and more now....
Agree completely. I would never have expected this when we first saw her and she seemed the stereotypical nasty enemy. But those little conversations in adjoining seats at the back of the class have been great. And now comes the very enjoyable episode 9. As Nemo_N said, this show is a lot more than it seemed at first.

The only thing I regret is too little time with Shion, who is such a fine character, among a lot of well-designed and -played characters: Mizuho (Horie Yui), Mariya (Asano Masumi), Shion (Matsuki Miyu), Kana (Akemi Kanda), Ichiko (Gotou Yuuko), and certainly Takako (maybe the first big role for Takahashi Chiaki). All but Shion and Ichiko are members of Aice5, who sing the OP and ED, and who have out a very amusing PV of the OP.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 20:29   Link #519
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I just got the Soundtrack and I have to share this: the violin BGM for the part in Episode 9 where
Spoiler:
is called "YURI?" !

ROFL!^10

Oh, great soundtrack BTW.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 21:21   Link #520
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I agree, its one hell of a soundtrack - though i'm not that shocked by track 27 being called that. ^^;;

Best track so far for me has to be Nostalgie~

Tags
bishoujo, caramelbox, comedy, genderbender, romance, school life, seinen