AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 03:55   Link #2981
JediNight
キズランダム

Is that chart for actual sales? Or just pre-orders of Vol1? You do realize that the ranking will fade over time, and as more people buy it, the pool of potential buyers is smaller, so it will naturally fade in rankings over time?

I would hold judgment until like ep12/13. Being the mid-point in the series, you know something big is going to happen by then before building into the 2nd half. We should have a better picture of how sales will be by then.

Lastly -- if all you're going to do is come here to cheer for failure, I would kindly ask you to move on. I held out thru Ep7 of Horizon before deciding it was a lost cause and not looking back, instead of sitting in the thread complaining every week.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:58   Link #2982
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
That's because that anime targets those who had played the game.
If that was the case then it would be pointless to make an anime out of it instead of another fandisc. That would have been much cheaper and probably more profitable than an anime for such a specific and small audience.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:04   Link #2983
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
LOL so much for targeting otakus n feed them stupid thing is profitable eh.
Because of their lifestyle otaku have very limited lifespan. I think all the really stupid ones that just buy everything might have died out. >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Lastly -- if all you're going to do is come here to cheer for failure, I would kindly ask you to move on.
Some of us still drop by to check if something interesting happens, so those kinds of comments are inevitable. There's still a few buckets left in the well of infinite hope.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:21   Link #2984
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Some of us still drop by to check if something interesting happens, so those kinds of comments are inevitable. There's still a few buckets left in the well of infinite hope.
Another reason: nitroplus, a company whose games one surely can look forward to, is developing a VN which seems to deal with the events around Lost Christmas. Should add least build up a certain amount knowledge of the franchise for that (haven't found out if you need to know the story of the anime GC for that so far, unfortunately)

And while I have to admit is it kinda useless to watch an anime like this it's still fun to follow the discussions surrounding it. And it has damn good music / visuals, which make it less of a pain to watch. Further, seiyuu jokes (Nakamura, Endo )
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 11:37   Link #2985
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
When even Japan can't stands it no more folks. By the way is this an amazon.jp ranking or something else? Either way it doesn't look particularly good for a cutting edge anime.
this show is about as cutting edge as a banana.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:52   Link #2986
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Yeah, it's from here:
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index2...vd&sort=rankup (amazon maniac or something like this), and it looks like they liked 7th episode (11/24) but really didn't like 6th (11/17) and 8th (12/01).
The preoders by now are:
【2011年 12月 08日(木)】 **3,069 (BDs)
veeeeeery small...
BTW the first volume of MajiKoi (which I don't think is so bad) sold with 2,792 BDs by the end of november, and preorders for Maken-Ki are
【2011年 12月 08日(木)】 **2,650 (BDs)

Last edited by Iby; 2011-12-08 at 12:44.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:29   Link #2987
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Aaaaaaand this week is Ookouchi Ichirou's again :3
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:32   Link #2988
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for ep 9:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-08 at 13:44.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:48   Link #2989
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm just waiting for Major Segai to become one of the Looney Tunes. He can't hide it. He knows he wants to join the ranks of Dan Eagleman.

Aside from that, not much to say about this episode. It was okay, but there wasn't really much to make fun of besides the fact that these bad guys are stupid. The ending and the preview introduced another one of those "Shu is a realistic protagonist" moments, but that kind of realistic moment, I actually like. Guilty Crown cannot screw that up. Please tell me they don't screw that up.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not cheering for this series' failure (although I do have a lot of fun mocking it, but that's a separate issue altogether). I'm genuinely shocked that the Japanese aren't taking this series that well after the last episode, especially because I think this series has gotten better since that first arc.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:09   Link #2990
endarion88

and after ep 9
Spoiler for next:
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:11   Link #2991
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Wow, this was one of the best episodes in my opinion.

I was hopeful at first that this would be an episode dedicated to Shu and Hare since I love them as a pairing and also the fact that I can't get enough of Hare's hotness At first, I was disappointed that halfway through they removed that idea from my head when Shu parted with Hare to go with Yahiro, but now afetr seeing the whole episode, I think I really would have rather saw this.

There was a good amount of emotion from both Shu, Jun and Yahiro. Also, you can really tell how much Shu has adapted himself to situations such as this. At the start of the anime he was always running and afraid, but now he even has the guts to take charge, to call Ayame and pretty much force her into helping him, and best of all, to lose the opportunity to miss a date with Hare! You have to be a real strong person to miss a day out with Hare! I mean come on, look at her

But the ending really surprised me. It really really surprised me. I thought Shu would be overcome with guilt, but would shrug it off and explain to Yahiro what happened, and then they would be bestest friends or something...but that crazed look in his eyes at the end had quite an impact on me...after all he had just been through, it took the killing of a younger brother to finally make Shu snap and realise what he's doing. Those eyes...there almost as bad as Yuno's eyes from Mirai Nikki...Almost

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-12-08 at 14:24.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:13   Link #2992
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, I actually really liked this episode. Probably the best in the entire series. Not entirely sure how a biological virus can infect a machine though, and it was a bit weird watching Jun and Yahiro fall down a distance without sustaining some sort of visible injury. But I really liked Jun's moment with Shu (even though his motivations for doing what he did require a degree of filling in the gaps yourself). It was Sawano's music that probably hit it for me, but I think Jun's story was genuinly tragic too and I feel his relationship with Yahiro was genuinly complex with both having conflicting emotions.

And as predicted it seems Gai is in fact infected with the virus. Inori (and consequently the girl she's a clone of) probably contains the cure and they were likely used to make the Void Genome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:19   Link #2993
EroKing

Wow what a serious episode this week. Shuu's manning up without Gai around. But they HAD to go and end it with this.

Old 2011-12-08, 14:22   Link #2994
nfsac

Guys I wanna know, where do you see the preview for the next episode?
I ever see it where I watch it or download it T_T
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:23   Link #2995
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Aaaaaaand this week is Ookouchi Ichirou's again :3
Ookouchi coming in could probably account for a shift in tone and it wouldn't surprise me if they were to give him a string of episodes to try and salvage things a little heading towards the halfway mark. I'll give it another whirl again if that's the case cause I actually have reasonable faith in him compared to Yoshino and whoever the other "writer" is that did the last episode. Although then they'd need to maintain consistency from episode to episode too...something that's kind of difficult when you keep shifting writers and one of those writers is No Limits Yoshino.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-12-08 at 14:34.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 14:29   Link #2996
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Guys I wanna know, where do you see the preview for the next episode?
I ever see it where I watch it or download it T_T
http://guilty-crown.jp
Old 2011-12-08, 14:44   Link #2997
miketyson

This was actually a very good episode. If they'd run this episode sooner people would think better of this show. More like this please, GC.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 15:07   Link #2998
Sides

Yay, more Hare ^^
I did find the horoscope scene a bit cheesy.
Spoiler:

Nevertheless you can see a difference in the last few episodes concerning directing. Not sure if it is good or bad thing, because I do miss the excessive usage of flash and bangs, it feel like it is getting cut down.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:14   Link #2999
justsomeguy

A surprisingly dark episode for Guilty Crown. I never expected them to showcase the resentment between caregivers and their charges, and to have Shu kill Jun.

Those infected with the Apocalypse virus can see Voids, though their pain prevents them from communicating this. How Gai has no other symptoms is a mystery.

Apparently the Apocalypse virus can infect machines as well, though it's probably only because crazy blond guy's Endlave was equipped with those claws that home in on Voids.

As for Hare, the girl must have some awesome stealth skills, because she was able to tail Shu and Yahiro the entire time, and stay out of sight during the battle.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:15   Link #3000
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
Almost the exact same thing as code geass ep 13 or so. All the characters are a little different, but god damn identical plot development.
I, again, was thinking of Eureka Seven with that scene. Anyone who watched Episode 20 (I think it was that episode) and the follow-up to that would know what I mean. But who cares? It's a good plot device. I honestly wished it came a little sooner though, as it would have made me more sympathetic towards Shu back in Episodes 3 to 5.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig