AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-04-10, 23:59   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

NanO Fansubs [N-F] - Midori no Hibi [timers, typesetters, distro/BT host]

Hey, ysome of you may know me as the person who does not complete projects. And I admit, it's true, unless its perfect I am unsatified with it and I quit.

But this time is different. You may remember way back, about 3 months or so ago [maybe more] I posted about "ChibiDraghon fansubs", and about me subbing Openings and Endings. Then I changed the name about a month later to NanO Fansubs. You probably thought I quit doing it [I may have even said I quit?] but actually I didn't ^^" I thought if I kept posting about it and making these great ideas, then I would go and do them - fail and give up. So I stopped there. Well, now I'm glad I did! It's been a while and I've secretly been working hard!

So far I have subbed a fair amount of openings and endings, some which include:
Azumanga Daioh OP [first project, I timed]
Hack//UdeDen OP [Second project, did all the work] [First work with widescreen]
Stratos 4 OP [First Project I actually tried to Karaoke, looked ..."alright"]
Jungle wa itsumo hale nochi Guu ED [first time working with a hillarious video XD]
Ghost in the Shell special OP [First 3D OP I worked with]
as well as a couple more I seem to have forgotten/deleted

Well, soon after my last OP, I started forming a small group, which goes under the same name "NanO fansubs". With details of the recent series "Midori no Hibi", I was greatly excited and we switched from doing OP/EDs to full epiodes and series. Then became our first project...Midori no Hibi.

Yes, I realize that there is a lot of big-name groups doing this series [anime-empire, Triad, etc...] but we are working hard, and will continue to. This isn't something I'm easily going to quit, or give up.

We already have 1/6 or so of the script translated [first 4:06m, sorry we are very slow because we are going for perfection] so it isn't like we're just going to quit!

We have basically everything we need, except we COULD use:
1] more timers so we can get faster releases.
2] another encoder, just for backup purposes [or full time if we pick up another series]
3] A typsetter, we need a good and experienced one! We want to make all of our karaoke flow with the original animation, as well we are translating the credits and we want them to match the original japanese. Our current typsetter cannot do this very well.

And, in order for you, the fans to get our files...we need someone to host our BT files. I am 100% not sure how this works, so if someone could explain in a PM or something that would be great. We also need seeders to seed the initial files.

Thanks for reading this large post [if you did *glare*], look forward to our Midori no Hibi release !
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 00:29   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
So far I have subbed a fair amount of openings and endings, some which include:
Azumanga Daioh OP [first project, I timed]
and you were the *only* person who didn't like my Karaoke effects.

Are you doing this just for attention? Sometimes It seems like that's the only reason you start doing stuff like this. Then as soon as the attention wears off you come up with another project to attract everyone's attention.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 00:33   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Well, soon after my last OP, I started forming a small group, which goes under the same name "NanO fansubs". With details of the recent series "Midori no Hibi", I was greatly excited and we switched from doing OP/EDs to full epiodes and series. Then became our first project...Midori no Hibi.

Yes, I realize that there is a lot of big-name groups doing this series [anime-empire, Triad, etc...] but we are working hard, and will continue to. This isn't something I'm easily going to quit, or give up.

We already have 1/6 or so of the script translated [first 4:06m, sorry we are very slow because we are going for perfection] so it isn't like we're just going to quit!
I hate to ask the obvious question, but what is the reason you're working on Midori no Hibi? I mean, there's tons of other shows out there and it's not like the raws for those shows are hard to obtain. And from your post I assume you picked up a translator. That's at least a break from all those other groups looking for translators...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 00:38   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Why am I doing Midori no Hibi?
1] Something most people will enjoy, and not as oversubbed as naruto
2] Raws are easy to find - I am new at this stuff [plus routers don't help much with raw hunting ^^"]
3] Really enjoy this show and I find it fun to work on something I enjoy so much, working on something you want to do makes for a much better product then doing something someone else wants you to do.
4] Something I can work with that doesn't solely focus on dailogue or includes extremly hard and coplicated sentances.
Old 2004-04-11, 00:51   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
1] Something most people will enjoy, and not as oversubbed as naruto
While a lot may enjoy Midori no Hibi, they have other fansubbing groups to get them from. While MnH is not as oversubbed as Naruto (FUNi, just license it already -__-), it's currently going to get at least 4 groups working on it.
Quote:
2] Raws are easy to find - I am new at this stuff [plus routers don't help much with raw hunting ^^"]
Raws for most shows that are airing or recently airing are pretty easy to find
Quote:
3] Really enjoy this show and I find it fun to work on something I enjoy so much, working on something you want to do makes for a much better product then doing something someone else wants you to do.
That is a good point. I like to see fansubs embody the love fans have for a show. However, if one loves a show enough but know that one cannot give it the proper treatment, then that's when one should not try to jump in the fray.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 01:17   Link #6
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Since we've got this far, we will continue.
If another more-established and well know group picks it up, then we will be switching
our projects to Kyou Kara Mao!, despite anything. Since only one group is picking this up [as it seems] then it would be an ideal anime to sub. A few members told me a while back [when the raw came out] that they loved it, and I also found Live-Evils version great ^^ [I cant watch raws because I understand very little] so the love is still there.
Old 2004-04-11, 04:53   Link #7
a7m4

Quote:
If another more-established and well know group picks it up, then we will be switching
our projects to Kyou Kara Mao!, despite anything. Since only one group is picking this up [as it seems] then it would be an ideal anime to sub. A few members told me a while back [when the raw came out] that they loved it, and I also found Live-Evils version great ^^ [I cant watch raws because I understand very little] so the love is still there.
There already are many more established and well known groups that have picked it up... Also, If you find Live-eviLs version to be great then why do you want to sub it? There are so many great shows out there that have never been subbed, why not work on one of those instead?
Quote:
Since we've got this far, we will continue.
Sorry, but I don't see how translating the first four minutes of the show is very far...
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 07:35   Link #8
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Translate Sensei no Ojikan already
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 08:07   Link #9
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Translate Sensei no Ojikan already
YES! DO IT!
Old 2004-04-11, 09:50   Link #10
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
It's Something most people will enjoy, and not as oversubbed as naruto

I dunno, it's pretty damn oversubbed.

I can give you raws for 20 different unsubbed series, just ask.

You're gonna do a better job than all these "big name" groups you mention? Better than Froth-Bite? Better than Triad... I'm not so sure...

4] Something I can work with that doesn't solely focus on dailogue or includes extremly hard and coplicated sentances.

See #2.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 10:17   Link #11
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
I can give you raws for 20 different unsubbed series, just ask.

Hmm...... very interesting! Could you give everyone a list so that perhaps an interested fansub group might notice a title they wanna sub?
Old 2004-04-11, 18:04   Link #12
NeverRamza

Show is oversubbed. The last thing we need is more people subbing Midori no Hibi. Get over it and find something else.
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 18:24   Link #13
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
Show is oversubbed. The last thing we need is more people subbing Midori no Hibi. Get over it and find something else.
*cough*Sensei no Ojikan*cough*
Old 2004-04-11, 18:26   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
*cough*Sensei no Ojikan*cough*
It's already being done by atleast 3 groups >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 18:58   Link #15
Shii
*Fansubber

It's been out for a week and the only people who said they were doing it on this forum are Seichi, who don't even have it on their "soon" announcement list. If other groups are doing it, apparently they don't have the guts to release their version or announce it in the Sensei no Ojikan thread.

Compare to Midori no Hibi, where within a few days a bunch of different versions were out.
Old 2004-04-11, 20:13   Link #16
drvtech

Bar any really interesting problems, Seichi should have SnO one out by Tuesday. We had some problems with the OP song but the ED song should be fine as we had official lyrics.

Sorry for the lack of updates on SnO ^^;; I'm busy figuring out how to do a "traditional" chinese engagement party before June ^^;;.
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 14:22   Link #17
aceleader

I like how this thread suddenly turned into a sensei no ojikan update thread instead of keeping to the original post.

Chibi, small thought. As you stated yourself, you've jumped ship on a couple of occasions. What's the garuntee you have that you're not crying wolf on this occasion besides your word that you didn't really stop on your 'ChibiDraghon fansubs' turned 'NanO' endevour.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, but atm, your request ad of sorts doesn't have much of a garuntee behind it to lead people to believe that you wont jump ship, besides a simple "I swear I didn't quit this time." If you look at it, it's a simple your word against mine argument. Is there any other kind of garuntee behind this that there'd be no jumping ship?

Keep in mind that I'm not especially thinking about signing up, but it's just a thought.
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 14:37   Link #18
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Hi, don't give up if you start.
For example, I started alone, and now we are quite a team yet ^^

Any way, I'm looking for a partnership on Midori No Hibi to sub it in french.
Rigth now we're doing do it on our own, but we would like to save time and find soemone whose would like to share his work.

I could even help you with the timing.

Have a look on our Website and follow the "Sous-titre" link to have a look on wath we've done so far
(and notice how some team did help us already )
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:40   Link #19
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Here is a timing for Midori 02 : Midori 02.srt
I hope we would find an agreement for a partnership
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:47   Link #20
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Sergejack: May we use these timings in our english release of Midori no Hibi? It would be greatly appreciated. We have half of the second episode translated thuis far, and with this we could release it faster then first thought!

EDIT: We may be able to help. Our translator has agreed to translate the original japanese into english and give it to you, if you can, you could take them and translate into French.
Would that help any?

EDIT2: everyone just thinks I'll quit..hm...guess I deserve that.
I'll just get to laugh when I release it

EDIT2.5: I'm hosting our torrents, set my webhost up to do it [well partially].
Episode one should be out next week, paired with episode 02. Might not be on BT until tuesday though.

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-04-12 at 18:58.