AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 18:09   Link #261
OutSmart
Comic Relief

I'm only egtting started with macross in a few days, with macross zero, I dont know the series.

My first anime was (not counting stuff like dragonball and sailer moon, wich I saw since I was like..4 or sumthin lol) Last Exile (beautiful), then chrno crusade and evangelion I think. then I imported cowboy bebop, my favourite anime! (along with eva) ^^

so this doesnt end up deleted as off-topic:

I just got my hands on a movie that I'm hoping to end up being even better than Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo (wich I think its pretty hard because I loved this one). The movie is called 5 Centimeters Per Second.
Old 2008-12-24, 18:46   Link #262
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSmart View Post
I'm only egtting started with macross in a few days, with macross zero, I dont know the series.

My first anime was (not counting stuff like dragonball and sailer moon, wich I saw since I was like..4 or sumthin lol) Last Exile (beautiful), then chrno crusade and evangelion I think. then I imported cowboy bebop, my favourite anime! (along with eva) ^^

so this doesnt end up deleted as off-topic:

I just got my hands on a movie that I'm hoping to end up being even better than Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo (wich I think its pretty hard because I loved this one). The movie is called 5 Centimeters Per Second.
The animation of 5centimeters is beyond excellent. Especially if you get one of the high high quality versions.

However, I didn't care for the story that much.
Old 2008-12-24, 18:54   Link #263
OutSmart
Comic Relief

I think i got the best there is 1920x1080

my PC only has 1GB RAM so I gotta close aboput everysingle progrem when I want to watch somethin with that resolution. My Macross Zero also has that definition.

I'm sad to hear that you didnt like the story, I hope I do, I hope that movie is great, I have high expectations for it.
Old 2008-12-26, 00:37   Link #264
Ryusiangel

is this series worth it? i'm thinking of buying it but i find myself going after anime that has the style like da capo, hO footstep in footstand, but if the story to this movie good i will so buy it
Old 2008-12-26, 08:19   Link #265
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusiangel View Post
is this series worth it? i'm thinking of buying it but i find myself going after anime that has the style like da capo, hO footstep in footstand, but if the story to this movie good i will so buy it
It's not a series (at least not a movie series yet) and for a single movie, it's pretty good. Some twists in the story are just hard to swallow (ever notice many reviewers and viewers are irked or sorta-irked at the ending of the movie?), but the rest is just beautifully done and it's just a really nice, human, time traveling anime movie.

It may not come close to the completeness of a typical Hayao Miyazaki movie, but it comes close. If you ever liked Groundhog Day, Back to the Future or other quirky time traveling movies, you'll probably like this one a lot too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 09:20   Link #266
OutSmart
Comic Relief

" Some twists in the story are just hard to swallow (ever notice many reviewers and viewers are irked or sorta-irked at the ending of the movie?),"

true, one of the last revelations of the movie suprised me a bit too much. I liked the (and now its a spoiler, only read if you seen the movie)
Spoiler for spoiler:

Bottom line for who doesnt want to get spoiled, the movie has some odd and rly inventive twists nearly at the movies end.

But then, after that twist, the real ending, the last few minutes, are wonderfully, beautifully, made. "They scored the drama out of that moment" - quote to something I read or heard.

The only thing I rly didnt like was (again, dont read untill you see the movie
Spoiler for spoiler:
. But thats just a minor thing,you'll be the judge after you see this awesome work of art
Old 2009-01-18, 02:06   Link #267
fancyultrafresh

Ah, I just finished The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. It was such a lovely film but it was so sad! I seriously didn't expect that ending. Loved the animation, too. It was different. I usually prefer subs, but the English dub was surprisingly well done with the exception of a few silly lines/word choices. I liked the voice actors used for the characters, too.. especially for Makoto and Chiaki. I'll probably re-watch it in Japanese later on just to see how it's like ;D
fancyultrafresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 23:53   Link #268
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSmart View Post
The only thing I rly didnt like was (again, dont read untill you see the movie
Spoiler for spoiler:
. But thats just a minor thing,you'll be the judge after you see this awesome work of art
Well if your still curious about the Makoto's aunt. She's the main character in "The Little Girl Who Conquered Time" (international release name, however still known as "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo".) The live action prequel to the 2006 Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is focuses on Makoto's aunt ("aunty witch" in english)

Go to this thread, http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=937004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyultrafresh View Post
Ah, I just finished The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. It was such a lovely film but it was so sad! I seriously didn't expect that ending. Loved the animation, too. It was different. I usually prefer subs, but the English dub was surprisingly well done with the exception of a few silly lines/word choices. I liked the voice actors used for the characters, too.. especially for Makoto and Chiaki. I'll probably re-watch it in Japanese later on just to see how it's like ;D
I do agree with your statement that the english dub was well done and the ending was unexpected. Heh I got to meet the voice actors for Makoto (Emily Hirst) and Chiaki (Andrew Francis). Along with that I got them to sign the official promotional poster for the North American release.

I apologize for acting like an idiot.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 10:48   Link #269
Solafighter
Hige

I just rewatched this movie last night. Just awsomeness.

Awsome story, brilliant quality, in total, perfect.
Old 2009-01-27, 17:32   Link #270
yakusoku
(:

Send a message via MSN to yakusoku
I watched this a few days ago, amazing movie. After reading few a few forums (like this one) and some reviews.. I finally understand most of it. I loved it! I really wished they revealed more about her aunt though, just a few clues would've helped figure some things out.

i also read the manga versions, the 1 volume one is more like the movie and the 2 volume one is based on the novel i think.

Spoiler:
yakusoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 17:47   Link #271
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakusoku View Post
I watched this a few days ago, amazing movie. After reading few a few forums (like this one) and some reviews.. I finally understand most of it. I loved it! I really wished they revealed more about her aunt though, just a few clues would've helped figure some things out.

i also read the manga versions, the 1 volume one is more like the movie and the 2 volume one is based on the novel i think.

Spoiler:
Actually, Makoto's Aunt was the main character in the original Novel. I just got the DVD, and they explained that in the commentary. All her mentions of time leaping were subtle nods to the book. Although I kind of like your idea of Makoto and her aunt being the same person better.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 20:59   Link #272
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 20:53   Link #273
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I think it's possible that Chiaki was the same person Makoto's aunt fell in love with, after all why was she restoring that painting that he wanted to see so much...........?

He's a philanderer from the future who's left behind a string of girls who are all dedicated to keeping that damned painting in existence so he can get to see it.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 01:10   Link #274
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
Which part is this in the movie? Didn't

Spoiler for movie scene(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I think it's possible that Chiaki was the same person Makoto's aunt fell in love with, after all why was she restoring that painting that he wanted to see so much...........?

He's a philanderer from the future who's left behind a string of girls who are all dedicated to keeping that damned painting in existence so he can get to see it.
There is a possibility that Makoto's aunt fell in love with Chiaki, however there isn't enough hints or evidence to point to support this. However, I'm open to any possibility and hopefully there will be something to resolve our questions from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2009-04-08, 07:32   Link #275
KimmyChan

I have this movie on DVD, it's really good & I thoroughly enjoy it
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:23   Link #276
nebosuke

I was wondering if anyone here had the Limited Edition version of this movie? I've been wanting to buy the dvd, but can't decide if the LE extras are worth the extra cash! From what I can find, this "bonus material" isn't on the regular edition:

Main Feature with Storyboards, Audio Commentary with Mamoru, Hosoda (Director), Toshihiko Ito (Assistant Director) and Hiroyuki Aoyama (Animation Director), Direction File (A Talk with the Director Mamoru Hosoda), Behind the Scenes at Premiere Event.

And it has the soundtrack as well, but are they worth the additional $20?
nebosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:59   Link #277
KimmyChan

It made me cry in so many parts of this movie, it's quite an emotional rollercoaster
Old 2009-04-29, 21:04   Link #278
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebosuke View Post
I was wondering if anyone here had the Limited Edition version of this movie? I've been wanting to buy the dvd, but can't decide if the LE extras are worth the extra cash! From what I can find, this "bonus material" isn't on the regular edition:

Main Feature with Storyboards, Audio Commentary with Mamoru, Hosoda (Director), Toshihiko Ito (Assistant Director) and Hiroyuki Aoyama (Animation Director), Direction File (A Talk with the Director Mamoru Hosoda), Behind the Scenes at Premiere Event.

And it has the soundtrack as well, but are they worth the additional $20?
I bought the limited edition box set for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time as soon as I could after the release date. Well in my opinion if you really love movie and the music, buy it. The extra's are great but again it's another reason to buy it if you loved the movie. One cool extra from the limited edition box set was watching the movie with the concept sketches beside it. I was pleased with this extra.

In my opinion if your willing to pay the extra $20, go ahead and buy it. However, if you feel like you don't want to spend the extra $20, don't buy the limited edition.

Old 2009-04-30, 00:36   Link #279
nebosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
I bought the limited edition box set for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time as soon as I could after the release date. Well in my opinion if you really love movie and the music, buy it. The extra's are great but again it's another reason to buy it if you loved the movie. One cool extra from the limited edition box set was watching the movie with the concept sketches beside it. I was pleased with this extra.

In my opinion if your willing to pay the extra $20, go ahead and buy it. However, if you feel like you don't want to spend the extra $20, don't buy the limited edition.
Thanks for your opinion! Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for a good sale for the limited edition!
nebosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:45   Link #280
KimmyChan

I wanted to get the limited edition 2 disc DVD set of this, but wasn't able to