Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-06, 00:48   Link #141
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Apparently there was enough of an unbalance that they implemented a server control that prevents one faction from getting way more players then the other faction.

Or maybe they are just doing this so they don't have 4 to 1 imbalance possibly happening, either way its probably not a bad idea.
wow never seen a MMO do that WoW should have. yea its not a bad aidea. all they need to do now is strick gender selection = P like if ur a guy in RL u gotta make a guy in the game.

EDIT: actually think about the actual GIRL gamers, .. thats a bad idea... so screw that idea
Old 2009-09-06, 02:03   Link #142
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
wow never seen a MMO do that WoW should have. yea its not a bad aidea. all they need to do now is strick gender selection = P like if ur a guy in RL u gotta make a guy in the game.

EDIT: actually think about the actual GIRL gamers, .. thats a bad idea... so screw that idea
Yeah, then every single girl gamer will actually be a girl gamer, and they'll be hounded 24/7.

How are they going to make sure you don't like about your gender when you sign up anyways?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 02:10   Link #143
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

They actually had that in Ragnarok Online, when you create your account you have to pick your gender. Which limits you to that gender in game. Sure you could lie about it though, I guess. Although I think such a limitation is silly.
Old 2009-09-06, 03:48   Link #144
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Limiting the gender to your REAL gender defeats the idea of MMOs being a form of escapism.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 05:26   Link #145
Mr Hat and Clogs

Spoiler for Robe - big picture:

I like that style more then the skirts, seems a little more classier then the skirts.

Although in the mini-skirt department I find this to be pretty good. Maybe its the color, or it doesn't look like some lacy underwear.

Spoiler for mini-skirt:

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2009-09-06 at 05:47.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 18:43   Link #146
Xion Valkyrie

Nooo it went down!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 18:58   Link #147
Mr Hat and Clogs

What sort of pings you guys getting. My RL friends seem to be insisting on Siel as the server but it's crowded as. This reminds me of other first day MMO's and the WoW Open Beta... 2K + GG. I've died to those snufflers like 4 times now because of it! /shakefist
Old 2009-09-06, 19:37   Link #148
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

im sure there will be a few more servers when it releases. hopefuly....
Old 2009-09-06, 20:51   Link #149
Mr Hat and Clogs

Maybe so, maybe not. Either way they restarted the server a while back and the ping has been ok, so it's actually 'playable' now. 450-500ms though, hopefully it gets better because for a PvP game that will be painful.
Old 2009-09-06, 21:08   Link #150
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

did they delete everyones characters?
Old 2009-09-07, 06:40   Link #151
Pacify

Why does this game totally just look like a slightly prettier version of l2
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 22:51   Link #152
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Open Beta is tomorrow. ARE YOU GUYS READY?
Apparently not me...
Can anybody tell me how to actually sign up for the open beta?
Dowloaded the client, but NCsoft Account log in doesn't seem to work in the game and i have yet to find a sign up for an Aion game account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Limiting the gender to your REAL gender defeats the idea of MMOs being a form of escapism.
I tend to make female characters as i sometimes use the character creation as an excuse to come up with new characters for my own works; of which i have more male than female.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 01:31   Link #153
Xacual

Regrettably you can't play in open beta unless you have already preordered. Its not really an open beta so much as them just calling another closed beta open instead.

I really wanted to give it a fair shot too, here's hoping for a free trial after the release sometime soon.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:34   Link #154
Slayerx

well that sucks... i saw no mention of pre-ordering being a requirement... all the sites says is where to download the open beta client... Well that's a lot of wasted time and harddrive space...

Really, god forbid they let people actually TRY the game BEFORE they buy it... i mean i would like to try it out before i buy it; afterall the game is useless if you are not willing to pay the monthly fees making that initial payment a huge waste if you find you do not like it enough to pay monthly for it... but ya hopefully their will be a free trail later on; i mean even world of warcraft gives out free trials... i hope blade and soul is kinder when they finally see release

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-09-08 at 14:46.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 16:36   Link #155
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

im tryin to get my friend to get AION, but she doesnt like two things about it, Reminds her of L2 too much and the voices are fukin annoying she says.

you guys know anything I dont that would get her to play? i've only gotten to lvl10
Old 2009-09-08, 17:03   Link #156
Xacual

I've heard some of the dub voices are apparently really bad, would changing to the japanese voice patch thing make it less annoying? I never played L2 so I don't know much about how Aion is compared to it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-09-08, 21:34   Link #157
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
I've heard some of the dub voices are apparently really bad, would changing to the japanese voice patch thing make it less annoying? I never played L2 so I don't know much about how Aion is compared to it.
Japanese voices are much better.

If anyone cares, NA Beta Keys are available over at File Planet. Have fun~
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 01:01   Link #158
Xacual

Except those beta keys still require payment, its just to file planet instead, and if there is anything I don't need, its a subscription to file planet.

Old 2009-09-09, 01:17   Link #159
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Except those beta keys still require payment, its just to file planet instead, and if there is anything I don't need, its a subscription to file planet.
Nope. All you need is a free account, and the key is yours (unless they ran out).
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 01:27   Link #160
Xacual

I have a feeling I'll end up wasting time just to be disappointed but I guess I'll try and see how it goes. Thanks for the info though, from when I was looking at how to get a beta key, there were Fileplanet keys but they were only for paying subscribers so this has to be new.

Edit: Wow that was ridiculously fast and I guess I now have a beta key. Apparently when trying to sign in I already had FilePlanet account from who knows when since I've been using my current email for close to 5 years now so sometime in that range I made a free account.

Edit:Edit: I just realized I didn't say this, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, its apparently within the last couple of hours that they opened it up too. Puts me in a really good mood so thanks!

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-09-09 at 01:38.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows