AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-02, 01:47   Link #18801
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

B-But if he stays a Villain, how would he get a chance to raise Uiharu's flag ala Gajeel and Levy ? :trollface:
Oh god I'm imagining the goodness now
Kakine is fighting chickens and gets hurt trying to protect Uiharu
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-07-02, 04:20   Link #18802
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I was about to say the same.

Also, remember there is no absolute on Index so I guess Kakine got twisted at some point om his life.
Spoiler for Kakine's words:

Those bits in bold have always bothered me.

Its kind of like he's saying "How dare you do try and do something I failed at!"

Last edited by Ashaman; 2012-07-02 at 04:36.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:46   Link #18803
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^Yes I noticed those too. I think Kakine is the same to Accelerator as Aurelous(not sure if I'm spelling his name right) is to Touma. They show what the character would be like if they had failed saving their important person, Index for Touma and Last Order for Accelerator.

Also Kakine wanted to negotiate wih Aliester, and people in the dark side sometimes have hostages being held against them to make them do stuff.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:51   Link #18804
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
-manly words-
(TwT) oh, you'll make me cry, so he might Accel's rival in more ways than we thought

Quote:
I know people don't care -beep-, but Kakine did spare -beep- Takitsubou...>.>
Yeah, he's such a gentleman, all (non-reformed) villains should be like him.
Do you see now you guys, he's such a nice person already. He doesn't need to be reformed at all.

Quote:
B-But if he stays a Villain, how would he get a chance to raise Uiharu's flag ala Gajeel and Levy ? :trollface:
*cough* ... you really like to attack where it hurts ... huh ...
How about doing it à la Bando and Mayu? (I'm talking about the manga version which is far more touching)

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-07-02 at 10:13. Reason: errors while editing it
Old 2012-07-02, 08:57   Link #18805
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
(TwT) oh, you'll make me cry, so he might Accel's rival in more ways than we thought
Given Kamachi's tendency to get all poetic on us...

Kakine might have intended to be what Accelerator would have been if he had failed to save Last Order- just like how Aureolus is supposedly what Kamijou would have become if he had failed to save Index.

Quote:
*cough* ... you really like to attack where it hurts ... huh ...
*Clueless*

Quote:
How about doing it à la Bando and Mayu? (I'm talking about the manga version which is far more touching)
Never heard of it.

And there's a suspicious amount of words that I don't recall typing in that quote -_-
Old 2012-07-02, 09:51   Link #18806
tsunade666

^I think he meant elfen lied though not sure.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:07   Link #18807
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Given Kamachi's tendency to get all poetic on us...

Kakine might have intended to be what Accelerator would have been if he had failed to save Last Order- just like how Aureolus is supposedly what Kamijou would have become if he had failed to save Index.
If we follow the logic, then there's a guy somewhere who lost his ... girlfriend?

Quote:
*Clueless*

Hmm? what? You didn't know I was one of the desperate Kakine harem supporter and yet you still aimed for that weak spot?

Quote:
Never heard of it.

And there's a suspicious amount of words that I don't recall typing in that quote -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^I think he meant elfen lied though not sure.
Yeah, it's that. He's a "violent" guy who's constantly aiming for the head of one of the MC, yet, at the same time he really cares for a character of the same side as the said MC (and he's actually aware of it). As you might have already deduced, he ended up getting "BADLY hurt" while trying to protect her. Well, it's exactly the type of anti-hero Kenju described, but instead of chickens he'll have face the Big Bad of the series.

oh dammit I messed up with my post above >_>
Old 2012-07-02, 19:59   Link #18808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Right... Okay... But the reason why I used Gajeel and Levy from Fairy Tails is because... Hmmm... I can't reveal spoilers here, so lets just say they started out something like Kakine and Uiharu lol If those two that you've mentioned have that kind of 'history' as well then nvm lol.

Oh in addition, Gajeel and Levy bugged alot of people because of that 'history' so I'm aimming for the same thing with Kakine and Uiharu heh.
Old 2012-07-02, 21:42   Link #18809
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Damn it you guys, so you mean that because all of them are evil because they were twisted at some point in their lives, if I threw Medaka into Toaruverse she's just Forte #1 all of them into peace?!
Old 2012-07-02, 22:29   Link #18810
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Dark Matter can become human flesh again.
Not that he'd be allowed to use that. Aleister probably prefers him to just be his personal Dark Matter machine instead of getting his humanity back.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-07-02, 22:32   Link #18811
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not that he'd be allowed to use that. Aleister probably prefers him to just be his personal Dark Matter machine instead of getting his humanity back.
Which means if/when Kakine breaks out of his fridge prison and start kicking a$$ it'll be that much more awesome than a simple rebirth as a pawn I'm getting Prototype vibes?
Old 2012-07-02, 22:38   Link #18812
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
take note that you can't call Kakine's brain Kakine.
Depends on whether said brain still retain's Kakine's consciousness or not
Old 2012-07-02, 22:43   Link #18813
tsunade666

That can only be applied to the students or the one raised by the dark side because in kamachi's verse their is no inborn evil in everyone. Like how a bible describes the human race >_> people get twisted at some point.

Though the scientist are probably beyond help.
Old 2012-07-02, 22:45   Link #18814
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Then it's kinda pointless to have that whole plain-as-day foreshadowing line at the end of NT4 doesn't it ?

I bet if Kamachi was writing that instead of typing on a computer, he would have used a whiteboard marker to write that line- as a sort of *hint hint* Get it?* with that big chessy grin while wearing a monocle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Which means if/when Kakine breaks out of his fridge prison and start kicking a$$ it'll be that much more awesome than a simple rebirth as a pawn I'm getting Prototype vibes?
Until he starts consuming people and gaining their powers...
Old 2012-07-02, 22:57   Link #18815
leukrota

C'mon, this is the realm of fiction so there is a high chance Kakine's brain still has his will (if not his consciousness)
Old 2012-07-03, 08:54   Link #18816
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well his abilities and uses still holds relevance to the plot despite being contained in some fridge in a lab somewhere.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:15   Link #18817
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Then it's kinda pointless to have that whole plain-as-day foreshadowing line at the end of NT4 doesn't it ?
But I don't think they really need to release him for that. After all, with such a broken power as dark matter, one can easily mass-produce his brain ... and the bodies that will be operated by them, without necessarily freeing the "original" => mass-produced super fridge clones
Old 2012-07-03, 10:23   Link #18818
ellifeedn
Thinker

Wait a minute, Worst is a Misaka clone with Mugino mindset and Accelerator influence. Add the Dark Matter body...
Old 2012-07-03, 11:07   Link #18819
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Wait a minute, Worst is a Misaka clone with Mugino mindset and Accelerator influence. Add the Dark Matter body...
Worst doesn't has Mugino's mindset.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:42   Link #18820
Destined_Fate

Worst just shares some of Mugino's looks. They do look pretty similiar. However, Worst is supposed to be the negative side of the Misaka network or something. I wouldn't say she's using anyones mindset because she is somewhat unique.

Still, isn't Worst supposed to just be a Mikoto at the age of Touma? What kind of growth spurt is that? That's a big difference in just a few years of "age" difference.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen