AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 16:33   Link #5441
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
He would have gotten one from Sun Wukong as well as the other 2 Campione there but the authorities were stolen by Guinevere.

He would have gotten the authority of Lancelot as well but the authority got stolen by Guinevere as well.

The King of the End will probably have all the stolen authorities and after he defeats him he will get them back but this will probably be the end of the story.

And in Vol 13
Spoiler for Vol 13:
Wait...what? Guinevere can steal authorities? I thought she could create stuff like fakes with Grail only, like the fake Minos thing mentioned. bleh....guess gotta read more...

Gahhh really Pandora? You cockblock Godou when he finally gets an authority....? D: Is it cause Circe fell in love with him and she disapproved or something? I've only read as far as volume 8, skipped vol8ch4, and skipped around on some of the volumes.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 17:05   Link #5442
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

i don't think she can steal them .. its the other artifact she has ..
but who made it .. since if i remember correctly its never said who created that circle with swords

but for circe .. why would she stop her :S? i dont get it >.<

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-12-12 at 17:22.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 17:23   Link #5443
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
At least the other Campiones are not gaining new authorities as well.
It's consistent on that part.
Then again all of the Campiones look like unbeatble badasses and 1 grand schemer (Alec of course), that anymore authorities would make them OP in some aspects....
Then again, they do have to battle Gods and other Campiones on regular basis so being OP is just going to be a little help on the battles...

I love a story were being OP and God-like is just basic for the characters.
Er, actually, Alec is still gaining authorities .. he got the "Labyrinth" by defeating the Minotaur during the course of Vol10..?

EDIT: After checking, it's true that it happened "a while ago" but considering how many gods Godou has been fighting .. vs. Voban who is desperately trying to summon them cause he can't find any to fight...

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 17:27   Link #5444
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

that was 6/8( not sure how many years ) years before the main story began ...
Old 2012-12-12, 18:00   Link #5445
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yeah, again I understand not wanting power creep .. heck, my gripe isn't with Godou not getting powers or authorities. I just want the story and plot to remain consistent and believable. I know I know, fiction, fantasy story, suspend disbelief .. blah blah ..

My issue thought process is this: "No matter what crazy rules, setting, etc. you come up with to start .. as long as you remain consistent
How is this inconsistent with Volume 1 when Athena was reduced to a powerless form after being hit by the Stallion?

Has the Stallion ever killed anyone with one hit?
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:20   Link #5446
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
How is this inconsistent with Volume 1 when Athena was reduced to a powerless form after being hit by the Stallion?

Verethragna?

The Sword can not kill but only weaken. Boar and Stallion should be able to if you hit the target.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:31   Link #5447
zzhk
Summary Machine

Verethragna was already exhausted from his fight with Melqart's clubs and Prometheus' flames, not to mention Erica cutting his arm off. And according to Melqart he had to forge the blade to handle Kothar-wa-Kharsis as well in the unseen battle.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:58   Link #5448
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:

Maybe the White Stallion + Ama no Murakumo will give it the abbility to one-shot a God.
It would be nice to see that, since the Boar as already claimed at least two Gods (okay one of them was Ama no Murakumo, but still there were two already claimed by the Boar and one reduced to ectoplasm form so it would be nice to see the strongest weapon on Godous arsenal to actually behave like that)
Old 2012-12-12, 20:31   Link #5449
Mars Mode

I think what happeed here was because he shifted the focus to the locusts at the last second making the stallion incapable of finishing Melqart for good.

Besides correct me if Im wrong but the astral form has even been used against other Campiones like Luo Hao
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:08   Link #5450
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

Quote:
Verethragna was already exhausted from his fight with Melqart's clubs and Prometheus' flames, not to mention Erica cutting his arm off. And according to Melqart he had to forge the blade to handle Kothar-wa-Kharsis as well in the unseen battle.
^ I'm not talking about the Stallion 1-shotting someone. I'm talking about the "gods-campione-authorities" system and how it is so readily manipulated in an obvious manner to accomplish the author's desires.

And although I wasn't arguing about the Stallion killing Melqart, I was more irritated that he survived as a floating ball of ectoplasm that could still land a hit .. let alone how that ties into his authorities as a God. And if we're going to talk about exhaustion, he was both slashed by the sword and fighting the Boar for a while as well.

Anyways, I still love Campione! very much, but I have no illusions about its perfection. Part of my love for this series and story is the world-building, I just feel a little irked about the author not being entirely "fair" to the world he himself created. The worlds and characters in good stories are living things that tend to resist when an author tries to arbitrarily change things for their own convenience..

Outlook remains positive
Old 2012-12-12, 23:16   Link #5451
zzhk
Summary Machine

I don't think Melqart broke a sweat against the Boar actually, he is the prototype for Heracles after all.

As for his clubs, they were already summoned and out in the air, so having enough energy to launch a final attack isn't implausible. Besides, getting killed afterwards doesn't really matter as long as you can revive -- as evidenced by the double-KO with Verethragna. The point is, Godou simply has not dealt enough damage to Melqart to slay him.

Ultimately, since this is a prequel, it's already set in stone that Godou was not going to defeat Melqart completely to gain an authority.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:17   Link #5452
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ I'm not talking about the Stallion 1-shotting someone. I'm talking about the "gods-campione-authorities" system and how it is so readily manipulated in an obvious manner to accomplish the author's desires.

And although I wasn't arguing about the Stallion killing Melqart, I was more irritated that he survived as a floating ball of ectoplasm that could still land a hit .. let alone how that ties into his authorities as a God. And if we're going to talk about exhaustion, he was both slashed by the sword and fighting the Boar for a while as well.

Anyways, I still love Campione! very much, but I have no illusions about its perfection. Part of my love for this series and story is the world-building, I just feel a little irked about the author not being entirely "fair" to the world he himself created. The worlds and characters in good stories are living things that tend to resist when an author tries to arbitrarily change things for their own convenience..

Outlook remains positive
Well I see your frustration, but Campione has Gods with many abilities. Its not surprising that Melqart survive by becoming ectoplasm. The author is going somewhere with this most likely, we may see a rematch between the more experience Godou and the recovered Ancient King. This would make maybe 3 future fights coming up, the Campione Killer God, the rematch with Verethragna, and then Melqart.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:24   Link #5453
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Yep, I understand all of this -- I just feel like "Jou-chan" just isn't being fair to his own world. But of course, that's my opinion, I'm just backing up my opinion with story references. I couldn't care less whether Godou actually got more powers. I'm not a fan of power-creep nor do I live vicariously through him..

Outcome is optimistic
Old 2012-12-13, 09:28   Link #5454
bakapervert
A pervert

Maybe its not Melqart that is strange to survive like that, but other god that can die so easily. Like Sun Wukong for example, if I remember right one of the knowledge Godou used for the sword is that Sunwukong is tossed into cauldron and burned for many days but didn't die. But in vol 7 Sunwukong just die when he got burned by JPS. I think if Jou-chan want, he can simply make Sunwukong survived by using that piece of story. Guess its depend on the author whether the god will die or not.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:30   Link #5455
breno.m.fis

Well, Godou not usurping new authorities can always be supported by the fact that others Campiones have taken their second authorities years after the first. What we're reading now is the first year of the new Campione only when he is perfecting his control over his powers and about being a [King]. Having said that, it is also true that a protagonist in a story like this has to eventually grow, both mentally and in strength, at least in order to balance with the world (Gods and Campiones). As much as the author wants to avoid Godou becoming too powerful he'll have to make some really significant power increase over the next volumes, otherwise he risks falling into the situation where a much weaker protagonist practically exhausted their resources and still defeat his antagonist with something that looks more like pure luck.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:04   Link #5456
Grave_digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Maybe its not Melqart that is strange to survive like that, but other god that can die so easily. Like Sun Wukong for example, if I remember right one of the knowledge Godou used for the sword is that Sunwukong is tossed into cauldron and burned for many days but didn't die. But in vol 7 Sunwukong just die when he got burned by JPS. I think if Jou-chan want, he can simply make Sunwukong survived by using that piece of story. Guess its depend on the author whether the god will die or not.
It's not like that !!! remember the god with [steel] atribute weakness is the extremely intense heat which can melt the metal.the heat from the cauldron probably didn't hot enough to melt sun wu kong( beside he is handcuffed so he cannot defend).

From the latest chapter godou have four enemies waiting for rematch. melqart,voban,doni, and athena ( she reborn in the volume 10 right ?)
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 12:30   Link #5457
erdii

well rereading some Light novels can be interesting. ı was rereading Toaru majutsu no index and saw a spell named "Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani". an interesting coincidence
Old 2012-12-13, 14:06   Link #5458
Mars Mode

The sword cannot kill Gods, it can disable them, strip them of their control over their autorities, but it cannot kill. Hence Godou has always considered the Boar and the Stallion as his Aces. And in some ocations the Goat.

Spoiler for The birth of Steel Gods:
Old 2012-12-13, 14:53   Link #5459
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
The sword cannot kill Gods, it can disable them, strip them of their control over their autorities, but it cannot kill. Hence Godou has always considered the Boar and the Stallion as his Aces. And in some ocations the Goat.

Spoiler for The birth of Steel Gods:
i think in campione universe,promotheus's fire mean magic;"magic" is prometheus gift to mankind.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:19   Link #5460
Mars Mode

Well if we go by the prologue of Vol 1 magic was a gift from pandora and possibly Epithemeus. If the magicians are imitations of the Campione as the theory implies.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem