Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-05, 15:52   Link #16281
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends...which time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
one of most fun thing you can do is to ask a Obama supporter how they like their hope and Change. i always ended it with if only you guys were smart enough to vote for Clinton.

It is like throwing bloody meat into a alligator spool
Hillary...eww. She was a stuck up bitch in high school and from all accounts is still a bitch (and likely stuck up). But I have little to no support for Obama either. Despite how dumb Palin sounds sometimes, she would have been wonderful as Vice President....it be like having Dan Quayle all over again. Perfect comedian fodder.
Old 2011-09-05, 16:02   Link #16282
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Dunno. The article said we should emulate Germany, but it sounded more like we should emulate the USA. So, how did deregulation and union busting work out for you guys?
Emulating Germany is a bit of a problematic advice and one of the reason why I think the article is pretty poor. Wage moderation is only usefull if your the only country doing it. The largest tradepartners of EU countries are other EU countries. So if all Eurozone countries followed the German example, it'd end up with a race to the bottom with everyone (read workers) losing in terms of wages and job/social security.

I'm sure investors would love to see a US style labor market in europe, but on the whole, I kind of prefer the job security and welfare system, even if it means slightly lower growth and higher unemployement.
Old 2011-09-05, 16:20   Link #16283
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
one of most fun thing you can do is to ask a Obama supporter how they like their hope and Change. i always ended it with if only you guys were smart enough to vote for Clinton.

It is like throwing bloody meat into a alligator spool
Isn't that the famous punch line by Fox news and affiliates that has been coming out of their mouths ever since Obama got elected president? "How do you like that hopie and changy thingy"

The reason why Obama hasn't been able to do most of what he wants to do is due to historic opposition from the right and corporations. Fox news has been driving the political climate with its support of extremist who would have never existed if Obama was never elected. The tea party, Glenn Beck, Palin, Rush and others would have never become prominent if Hilary would had been elected.

There is also the constant political black mail by the GOP, and the never seen before use of mass filler buster in the nation's history, which ensures that every major Obama legislation gets put down or watered down.

A conservative majority in the Supreme court with heavy ties to corporate interests, which in 2009 passed a groundbreaking ruling called Citizens United by which unlimited campaign founds can be given to any political candidate.

Anti immigrant and anti minority corporate backed politicians in the south doing their best to turn their states in little nazi Germany where racial profiling is mandatory and voting can no longer be done by dropping at the polls with any form of picture ID. All aimed to lower number potential democrat voters.

Anti muslin and anti gay measures taking place at historic levels ever since Obama was elected, and of course people claiming that their second amendment right is under attack so they show up with guns at political events.

The right is bent on obstructing, confusing, misleading and blurring the political climate in the US if only for a single purpose; to make sure Obama never gets reelected, but don't ask me, ask Mitch McConnell who said those very words himself.

In the end it is OK, I think Richard Rybolt summed it all perfectly with the following quote:
"There will be a time when loud-mouthed, incompetent people seem to be getting the best of you. When that happens, you only have to be patient and wait for them to self destruct. It never fails."
Old 2011-09-05, 16:50   Link #16284
Tiberium Wolf

Mental disorders affect more than a third of Europeans

I am amazed that there aren't that many ppl going apeshit and start mass killings. We really are a bunch of sick ppl.
Old 2011-09-05, 16:50   Link #16285
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
summary

1. It was Obama who extend Bushes Tax Cut
2. It was Obama who blink in the recent Spending Cap fight. If the Republicans want to drive the car over the cliff, go ahead let them. Draw a line int he sand dare the Republicans to cross it.
3. It was Obama who let the Republicans define the Health Care debate. Obama is the president, he should have done a better job of selling it to the American people.

The right is misleading, obstructing and confusing but Obama hasn't done much of job in confronting the Right and selling his ideas.

btw has Guantanamo been close yet?
Old 2011-09-05, 17:04   Link #16286
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
1. It was Obama who extend Bushes Tax Cut
Because the GOP blackmailed him with not extending unemployment benefits for millions of people.

Quote:
2. It was Obama who blink in the recent Spending Cap fight. If the Republicans want to drive the car over the cliff, go ahead let them. Draw a line int he sand dare the Republicans to cross it.
Yeah, let them drive the car over the cliff and let the American people pay the price. They know Obama would suffer politically if that were to happen, so it was a win/win for them.

Quote:
3. It was Obama who let the Republicans define the Health Care debate. Obama is the president, he should have done a better job of selling it to the American people.
Yes, the white house failed in the communication department when it came down to health care debate, which was dominated by fox news and the tea party.

Quote:
The right is misleading, obstructing and confusing but Obama hasn't done much of job in confronting the Right and selling his ideas./
Yes, Obama has been rather weak in standing for his own ideals because his mindset is that he should be the adult in the room who listens to both sides and makes concessions. However, he doesn't seem to understand that the right just wants his ass kicked out of office no matter the cost. I really don't get it, is he excepting the american public to realize what the GOP is doing therefore giving him the advantage?

Quote:
btw has Guantanamo been close yet?
Yeah, I remember Obama was weak when he listened to the ridiculous claim from the right when they claimed that it was bad to have terrorists being brought to American soil and how that would pose a security threat for the US.
Old 2011-09-05, 17:07   Link #16287
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yes, Obama has been rather weak in standing for his own ideals because his mindset is that he should be the adult in the room who listens to both sides and makes concessions.
The adult in the room should know better than to give in to spoiled children just because they're throwing a tantrum.

Quote:
In the end it is OK, I think Richard Rybolt summed it all perfectly with the following quote:
"There will be a time when loud-mouthed, incompetent people seem to be getting the best of you. When that happens, you only have to be patient and wait for them to self destruct. It never fails."
Not very comforting when you're standing in the same ammunition depot as them.
Old 2011-09-05, 17:22   Link #16288
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Because the GOP blackmailed him with not extending unemployment benefits for millions of people.

Yeah, let them drive the car over the cliff and let the American people pay the price. They know Obama would suffer politically if that were to happen, so it was a win/win for them.
this is Obama biggest failure, Neither Clinton or Reagan would have been corner by their opponent like this. Back in the 95 when the Republican shut down government, Clinton was able outflank them and put all the responsibility on the Republicans. Being a leader is more then just having a idea and giving orders. Obama should have done better job of selling his idea to public. He should not have counted on the public grasp his idea. As my old manager use to say, "it is not what you say, it is how you say it". And Obama suck at the "how" part.
Old 2011-09-05, 17:28   Link #16289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Mental disorders affect more than a third of Europeans

I am amazed that there aren't that many ppl going apeshit and start mass killings. We really are a bunch of sick ppl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from article
The researchers found that the most common disorders are anxiety, insomnia and depression, which account for 14%, 7% and 6.9% of the total, respectively.
Calling them disorders is really misleading - lay people will assume that it is some kind of permanent condition. There's also "creeping diagnosis" ... I'm not happy all the time, ergo i'm "mentally ill" (rather than physically ill). Most mental illnesses come and go like colds and sprained toes.
Old 2011-09-05, 18:51   Link #16290
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Despite how dumb Palin sounds sometimes, she would have been wonderful as Vice President....it be like having Dan Quayle all over again. Perfect comedian fodder.
Until she became President. And that wouldn't have been long. It's ridiculously obvious how much stress that position puts on a person. Do you really think McCain would've lasted out his term?
Old 2011-09-05, 20:18   Link #16291
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably. He old, but I've not heard of him being in poor health. People are surprised that Cheney is still alive. Most people thought he'd be dead of a heart attack before Bush's first term was over. And that was just from stress with dealing with the Senate.
Old 2011-09-05, 20:30   Link #16292
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Probably. He old, but I've not heard of him being in poor health. People are surprised that Cheney is still alive. Most people thought he'd be dead of a heart attack before Bush's first term was over. And that was just from stress with dealing with the Senate.
Cheney? Getting Stressed? I thought he was a machine?
Old 2011-09-05, 20:31   Link #16293
GDB

I don't recall anyone really saying the Vice Presidential chair was that stressful. Certainly not even close to the vein of the President.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:15   Link #16294
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
less illness and more "Accident"
Old 2011-09-05, 21:19   Link #16295
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was more during the second term.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:29   Link #16296
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
That was more during the second term.
i wasn't talking about cheney but what would happen to McCain if he won with palin as vp.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:45   Link #16297
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly, I don't see anything changing particularly. Most of the actualy movement is from Congress, and I doubt the Republicans would have had their surge in 2010 if McCain or Palin was President, and thus the same deadlock would in in place, only the side it is normally blamed on would be reversed.

The only real difference would be the lack of respect form several countries due to havnig a woman as President..and of course the same lack of respect in some sectors of our own population for the same reason. There are people that can handle having a minorty in office that cannot handle a woman in office.

I recall when Bob Dole was running. After seeing her several times, I'd rather they have run Elizibeth Dole from President, than Bob.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:48   Link #16298
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Oddly, I don't see anything changing particularly. Most of the actualy movement is from Congress, and I doubt the Republicans would have had their surge in 2010 if McCain or Palin was President, and thus the same deadlock would in in place, only the side it is normally blamed on would be reversed.
Probably true.

In fact, it would probably have been better for the dems if they had lost in 2008, then they could have let the republicans continue to take the blame for everything, and then swept all the houses of congress and the presidency in 2012.

But I'd have to agree that the main rot is in congress, and that's where the administration should focus their political efforts. Congress is everything. Luckily the republican congress isn't exactly popular right now...
Old 2011-09-05, 21:59   Link #16299
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Arms makers eye exports to offset Pentagon cuts
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7842FO20110905
Old 2011-09-06, 06:37   Link #16300
Pink Cow
This is my title.

I don't know if this is interesting to you guys. But this thing is friggin' huge.

(6.4m crocodile captured)
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/giant-croco...134625838.html
They had to capture it because apparently it was feasting on the farmers' water buffalos, and a lot of people were scared it could eat them. D:

Heck, it probably doesn't even have to chew if it eats me. D:

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international