AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 11:43   Link #1
Rizzler
Banned

gundam seed astray

anyone know where i can get this manga?
Old 2004-01-20, 16:50   Link #2
LynnieS

TokyoPop has a release date of 11 May 2004 for the first volume, and you should be able to pick up the Japanese volumes from stores that sell Japanese manga.
Old 2004-02-13, 17:26   Link #3
coldzero

i heard of Astray before but whta is it?
Old 2004-02-13, 17:34   Link #4
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

From TokyoPop:

Cosmic Era 70. Space is now a battlefield...

Lowe, the Professor, Liam and Kisato are Junk Techs, traveling through space, searching for parts to salvage, repair and sell. During a mission, Lowe comes across a top-secret Mobile Suit known as Red Frame. Their lives are about to change forever...

Lowe encounters a fierce mercenary, Gai. Starting off as enemies, twists of fate bring them together. Will destiny make them rivals once again? The fate of a peaceful colony hangs in the balance as Liam is reunited with his long lost brother. Their lives turn into an endless adventure as devious minds prepare to steal Red Frame away from Lowe. Do they have what it takes to evade their enemies, or will they suffer devastating consequences?
Old 2004-02-13, 17:36   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Astray is a sidestory to Gundam Seed about a junk collector and a mercenary that takes place in the same timeline... X Astray is a sequel to that and takes place after the war.
Old 2004-02-14, 00:28   Link #6
LynnieS

And unless I'm mistaken, and of which I might since it has been awhile since I read the issue, characters like Kira show up in the Astray manga also.

The titles should complement one another?
Old 2004-02-14, 00:57   Link #7
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Astray is a sidestory to Gundam Seed about a junk collector and a mercenary that takes place in the same timeline... X Astray is a sequel to that and takes place after the war.
Mabye later it will take place after the war...... right now, the story of X Astray is somewhere between Seed's Eps 4X.

Lots of characters in the anime showed up in Astray as cameo.
Old 2004-02-14, 01:46   Link #8
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The Astray mangas also explain a ton of the plot holes in Seed.

And the Astray mangas also have the most badass looking MS in all of Gundam Seed.

Wait until you see it.
Old 2004-02-14, 13:05   Link #9
coldzero

welll humm afterall i still dont' relaly get why is there a sidestory for Seed? So does it have anythign connected to the Seed series? It is only in manga right they didn't bother to turn it into anime?
Old 2004-02-14, 13:53   Link #10
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero
welll humm afterall i still dont' relaly get why is there a sidestory for Seed? So does it have anythign connected to the Seed series? It is only in manga right they didn't bother to turn it into anime?
Somewhat related to the anime, lots of stuff that never explained in the anime, you'll see them in the comics. (The Priest in the anime, played a major part in the comic...... sorta.)

As for the anime part, if you read NewTypes Mags (Japanese Version), or Gundam Ace the newest issues...
They have info about possible anime(movie) for Astray.

You'll have to wait for next month's issue to find out.
Old 2004-02-14, 16:05   Link #11
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero
It's called merchandising. They want fans of the anime to buy the manga too so that they can make more and more $$$ (or ¥¥¥)

And they didn't make the manga (yet) into an anime because Gundam Seed was already on... No point in doing two anime of the same thing in the same time. Plus manga are much much cheaper to produce so a popular original anime almost always have some sort of manga spinoff.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:20   Link #12
Evan
天使我爱你

That is right,i agree with brightman and since GS is made into anime and GS astray is jus some special mobile tat is no difference in the original show,tats y they made it to manga AND the story probably won't last more than GS
Closed Thread