AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 22:51   Link #101
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
When I was thinking back through the past couple of episodes, it made me think...do you think there's a reason why Yasuko regards Taiga so highly?

From the beginning she always saw her as innocent and just a girl and had fun no matter what happened. Even in later episodes she really treats Taiga like a member of the family despite the two not having really any interaction. (Aside from the boob poking) So can anyone think of a particular reason?
Old 2009-01-09, 23:02   Link #102
typhonsentra

Yasuko's just naturally friendly. The first scene they shared together in book one they already appeared close to me. Look at the way she treated Ami the first time they spoke together.
Old 2009-01-10, 02:24   Link #103
wistfulloner

That's true. Even if she knows Taiga is smashing up her son every now and then, she isn't doing anything about it, because she knows that happens sometimes between "siblings".
Old 2009-01-10, 03:58   Link #104
Tiran86

just because they don't show much interaction between Ya-chan and Taiga doesn't mean there isn't any. Taiga goes over to Ryuuji's house every day. Its just not as important to the story as developing anyone else's relationships.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:15   Link #105
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
That's true. Even if she knows Taiga is smashing up her son every now and then, she isn't doing anything about it, because she knows that happens sometimes between "siblings".
I don't think Yasuko sees them as siblings

But yeah, she's just naturally friendly and has formed a bond with Taiga over time as well
Old 2009-01-10, 12:18   Link #106
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah, it is pretty obvious at least in the novels that 'siblings' is not the word that come to Yasuko's head when watching Ryuuji and Taiga.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:53   Link #107
wistfulloner

Haha, siblings to her as in, "part-of-a-family-but-same-age" kind of thing, as a metaphor. It's hard to imagine Yasuko being unfriendly to anybody, for that matter.
Old 2009-01-10, 16:14   Link #108
gummi
Chi~~

I like her.. ok I know that was short but just wanted to see if any had an avatar like this which I'm sure they will since it was so easy to make. :/
Old 2009-01-10, 20:26   Link #109
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
she treats them quite close, but more like cousins, male cousins at that, as to how taiga treats him most of the time
Old 2009-01-10, 21:43   Link #110
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I just felt like she treated Taiga REALLY close after knowing her for such a long time. Usually seeing a friend as a member of the family takes a really long bond and lots of trust, so it felt a bit awkward for me. But like you guys said, she is really friendly.

Perhaps she trusts Taiga a lot because she can view her like a teenager, because Ryuuji had to mature really quickly and become self-sufficient. Taiga is immature in several ways, so maybe Yasuko finds comfort in that.
Old 2009-01-12, 17:31   Link #111
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

People are using the term "moe" wrong again.

What exactly does Taiga have that are "moe" features? Yes, she's short and flat chested. What else?

And I was pretty clearly referring to anime Louise, yes.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:26   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"moe" is hard to pin down but it has more to do with the feelings it generates in the viewer than in the specific attributes of the target. If you feel compelled to protect, nurture, and take care of the target --- good chance that "moe" is being experienced.

Therefore, it won't be the same for every person.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:27   Link #113
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"moe" is hard to pin down but it has more to do with the feelings it generates in the viewer than in the specific attributes of the target. If you feel compelled to protect, nurture, and take care of the target --- good chance that "moe" is being experienced.

Therefore, it won't be the same for every person.
Thank you.

Therefore, "moe features" is a misnomer.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:53   Link #114
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And, at least to me, Taiga would be anything BUT "moe".

Old 2009-01-12, 19:20   Link #115
Darknemo2000

Vexx, you are right and wrong at the same time. While being attracted to one moe characteristic or another is completely individual, moe features as such are generic. At least there are some features that are considered to be moe in general - Tusndere is one of being moe features thats for sure, just like meganekko and so on. And i am referring that Taiga looks stuffed with such moe features - she is a tsundere, she is a loli, she is clumsy, she is helpless (or at least looks like helpless and relient on which is an important attraction characteristic in sexist community that Japan is).

Definitely, Taiga is a moe character, one of the most moe stuffed character I have seen in years.
Old 2009-01-12, 19:33   Link #116
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I would never have considered Taiga as overloaded with moe features. Ever.

If her clumsiness mattered at all, sure. If her helplessness was the entire point of her character, sure. (Is that even considered moe at all?)

Being flat-chested really isn't a moe feature either. It's the normal personality that goes along with it.

There are much much worse characters than Taiga for moe overloadedness. Much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And, at least to me, Taiga would be anything BUT "moe".
Also this.
Old 2009-01-12, 19:38   Link #117
Darknemo2000

Well, it is up to you to take the moe feature or not as a moe, but in general those are the features attributed to moe.

Loli, because it is close to chibi. Not always loli is moe but chibi - almost always and because of such closeness a lot of lolis become moe's.
Old 2009-01-12, 19:41   Link #118
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Loli, because it is close to chibi. Not always loli is moe but chibi - almost always and because of such closeness a lot of lolis become moe's.
Okay. I have no idea what you just said.
Old 2009-01-12, 20:32   Link #119
typhonsentra

She's petite, clumsy, and can't cook....
Old 2009-01-12, 20:35   Link #120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
She's petite, clumsy, and can't cook....
But does NOT have the personality associated with those character traits at all. Nor is this played up as the entire point her personality. It's not supposed to be endearing to the viewer at all.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters