AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-12, 18:27   Link #1421
luckyssol

I can't wait for the full version of the anime's Dread of the grave
Spoiler for Dread of the Grave:
Old 2009-12-12, 18:54   Link #1422
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Exactly, every track on the VN's is an audio masterpiece and every anime orignal track is horrible. Even if we hypothetically switched the places of Dir with some random anime only original track we would still be saying the same thing.
Uhh, no. You really need to understand the difference between better and the remix just being awful.

I'm "extremely" sorry you seem to think I deify it or something.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:00   Link #1423
Westlo
Lets be reality

Track 6 sounds like the new stuff they mixed into the remix of Golden Slaughterer as a seperate track, was this actual track used anywhere in the series? I can't remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Uhh, no. You really need to understand the difference between better and the remix just being awful.

I'm "extremely" sorry you seem to think I deify it or something.
The comment of yours I quoted said anime original music, not remixed for anime. Going through the OST right now I would hardly consider tracks 13 and 15 (which are both anime original by granmusik and not remixes) of the OST horrible, in fact they are better than quite a few songs actually on the VN. The VN has amazing music.. but it also has quite a few duds imo.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:20   Link #1424
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Track 6 sounds like the new stuff they mixed into the remix of Golden Slaughterer as a seperate track, was this actual track used anywhere in the series? I can't remember...
episode 8, discovery of the first twilight in the chapel
Old 2009-12-12, 19:40   Link #1425
Ttak

Quote:
The comment of yours I quoted said anime original music, not remixed for anime. Going through the OST right now I would hardly consider tracks 13 and 15 (which are both anime original by granmusik and not remixes) of the OST horrible, in fact they are better than quite a few songs actually on the VN. The VN has amazing music.. but it also has quite a few duds imo.
Same here. 6 and 9 are quite good too (if they are remixes, it was really a BIG remix ).

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-12, 19:43   Link #1426
Westlo
Lets be reality

Some of the remixed songs sound really good with the new/replayed instruments, this is a pretty damn good ost if you can separate it from the VN score. I never liked Mortal Stampede on the VN.. but it has more "oommph" now even though it's basically the same. (or is this the mastering of a professional cd compared to a doujin one?) The original stuff is pretty nice as well..
Old 2009-12-12, 20:00   Link #1427
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I think tracks 15, 16, 17, 20, 24, 26 and 27 are the best anime original tracks.

I really, really love the Requiem remix. It's one of my favorite songs ever.

The dreamenddischarger remix is good too. The only remix I didn't really like was Mortal Stampede.
Old 2009-12-12, 20:14   Link #1428
Kakkou
Tch.

You know, it's a damn shame some of there original tracks were never used to their full length in the anime like track 22.
Old 2009-12-12, 22:20   Link #1429
ameskitty
Kupo

Overall rating - pretty good. dreamenddischarger is actually a nice remix, but my opinion that moon is the best-remixed track stands (requiem's pretty good too I guess).

Original songs range from bland and generic (every OST's got them, I guess) to pretty darned good. Nothing outright bad...well, maybe track 4. It's just way too cheesy for my tastes and I hated it the first time I heard it in the anime . Remixes range from choppy and thrown-together to amazing.

If I had to point out any kind of overarching problem, I'd have to say that it's unfitting or badly balanced instrumentation, especially in some of the remixes. Well, bad is a little harsh, and it's nothing awful - it's just that some of the choices of instruments kind of irked me once in a while. Wasn't a problem in all tracks, but in most of the ones I disliked it was an issue.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-12, 23:47   Link #1430
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
As far as the remixes go;

-Dreamenddischarger has grown on me.
-Miragecoordinator... lacks the punch that the original did, but it still sounds good.
-Happiness of Marionette... I like the instruments used, but not the sound they created together. The little chimes are nice though.
-Answer is fine by me.
-I like Mortal Stampede better than I do in the visual novel.
-I love Fake Red Shoes, but the original is slightly better.
-Requiem and Moon both sound good.

My favorite anime original track is track number 17, but 22 is also good.
Old 2009-12-12, 23:53   Link #1431
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I'm feeling very inclined to say that I like the anime's HoM more than the VNs ;_;
Old 2009-12-12, 23:59   Link #1432
Marion
The Great Dine

Track by Track Review:
Love it - Amazing track
Like it - Good track
Ambivalent - Unsure
Bad - It's bad (imo)

Spoiler for In here:

Overall:

Love it: 7
Liked it: 15
Ambivalent: 6
Bad: 3

Generally the OST isn't half bad. Would I replay most of the songs or keep them on my playlist for instant access? A few but it would be a select few.
Old 2009-12-13, 00:18   Link #1433
Kakkou
Tch.

I'd just like to point out that some of the ones you called remixes are not. The back cover of the ost has a footnote listing the arranged game bgm. They are tracks 7-8, 12, 23, 25 and 28-31. This makes it a total of 9 game bgm in this ost, with another 15 or so ones missing. Maybe even more.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:03   Link #1434
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'd just like to point out that some of the ones you called remixes are not. The back cover of the ost has a footnote listing the arranged game bgm. They are tracks 7-8, 12, 23, 25 and 28-31. This makes it a total of 9 game bgm in this ost, with another 15 or so ones missing. Maybe even more.
But those are the ones I listed as remixes

Hmm but I do notice I listed others. Track 3 does remind me of ruins so I guess that's my mistake and I did say I wasn't sure about #26 being a remix or not.

But how is 6 not a remix of golden slaughter :U?
Old 2009-12-13, 02:25   Link #1435
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
But those are the ones I listed as remixes

Hmm but I do notice I listed others. Track 3 does remind me of ruins so I guess that's my mistake and I did say I wasn't sure about #26 being a remix or not.

But how is 6 not a remix of golden slaughter :U?
Track 6 certainly reminded me of goldenslaughterer at some parts but I think this track merely borrowed some similar tunes from it. The anime has played its own brief version of GS and track 6 has very little similarity to GS parts that were played in the anime. Either way it is not lsited as a game track on the ost so I'll take their word for it.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:30   Link #1436
Impossible

Damn, is anyone else annoyed by Answer? From the little bit of it that was used in the anime (because DEEN sucked too much to include the whole song or ever use it again after its first time), I was expecting a really cool arrangement adding strings to build an even more epic feel. But for some reason, at the fast part I was looking forward to hearing, it changes into something completely different that barely sounds like the original. It's still a good track, but it was a missed opportunity to do something awesome.

I think it's obvious that this OST has way too much anime original music and not enough VN remixes... Hopefully they fix it with the second OST.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:40   Link #1437
Kakkou
Tch.

If they ever decide to do a second ost (which I'm fearing they may not), it would almost most likely be almost all game tracks. At this point I'm quite sure this one already covered all the original tracks save for a vocalless version of the first track.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:14   Link #1438
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh good I'm glad to see others are really enjoying the mortal stampede remix, also astounds me why they didn't play this yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
If they ever decide to do a second ost (which I'm fearing they may not), it would almost most likely be almost all game tracks. At this point I'm quite sure this one already covered all the original tracks save for a vocalless version of the first track.
Hmm you still have World End Remix, Golden Slaughterer Remix and the Hope/Far Remix used in the Rosa and Beato flashback and this is just off the top of the head.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:52   Link #1439
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Anyone else who belives that they put some of the best VN music (Dreamenddischarger, Miragecordinator...) on the first OST so that they could sell of the anime orginal tracks.
Old 2009-12-13, 04:59   Link #1440
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Probably, but the anime versions of those tunes are a lot worse...

(At least they're still okay, since they were top-notch before.)

I like the goldenslaughterer remix(?) more than the original, but then, I didn't actually like the original at all.
Closed Thread