AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 18:16   Link #81
melina_putri

What I mean by rushing is how they're going to handle the battle preparations against the rest of Septentrions (Megrez, Alioth, Mizar and Benetsnatch), not the route subplots.

There are some things to do first in the game before we can fight them, unlike the first three Septentrions so far (Dubhe, Merak, and Phecda) we only need to enter the battles without doing anything special.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 18:16   Link #82
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

On an unrelated note, is it just me or did the way Alcor said it sounded like they were BOTH still shining ones. As in present tense, at the same time. I'm pretty sure Alcor must've disowned Yamato in the game what with trying to get him killed and all so what's the deal?

But then Makoto said Yamato could've died trying to get there and Alcor pretty much forced his hand. Does that still count as a murder attempt? And a terminal related one at that.

Or is "Shining One" literally a thing Alcor doesn't have a say in choosing or denouncing and not just some random strong person who happens to pique his interest? I'm kinda fuzzy on details here?
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 18:43   Link #83
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
On an unrelated note, is it just me or did the way Alcor said it sounded like they were BOTH still shining ones. As in present tense, at the same time. I'm pretty sure Alcor must've disowned Yamato in the game what with trying to get him killed and all so what's the deal?

But then Makoto said Yamato could've died trying to get there and Alcor pretty much forced his hand. Does that still count as a murder attempt? And a terminal related one at that.

Or is "Shining One" literally a thing Alcor doesn't have a say in choosing or denouncing and not just some random strong person who happens to pique his interest? I'm kinda fuzzy on details here?
If I recall correctly, "Shining One" was just the general term used by the Anguished One to show his praise for human potential, with the protagonist being the prime example of that (and because he didn't really have a canon name back then).
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 18:48   Link #84
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I think it is pretty obvious Al had disowned Yamato by their conversation last episode.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 19:49   Link #85
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Personally I don't think today's conversation changes how Yamato is only a former shining one. Since it seems pretty clear to me that Alcor isn't seeing that sparkle anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:06   Link #86
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I'm not happy with how they portray MC in the anime now, too impulsive and thoughtless, not the calm and collected one like in the game. he feel too much like an idiot now, I don't see why Alcor chose him as Shining one in the anime. in the game, MC feel like someone who might rival Yamato, in the anime, an angsty kid who make stupid decision after stupid decision, charge head on to a Septentrion without any real plan.

still, looking forward Megrez and Alioth fight, I expect them to be more destructive and more of an Apocalypse monster than Merak.
Old 2013-05-10, 08:12   Link #87
eiyuu99

Both are Shining Ones,
Spoiler:

Hibiki's first teleportation on Day 4 in the game also have risks. It was mentioned he could have lost a leg or arm then.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:14   Link #88
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

I'd say Hibiki is not impulsive enough instead. He's acting too unsure about everything and he's constantly questioning the motives of people around him. His internal monologue is downright painful sometimes as rare as it thankfully is.

It wouldn't hurt if he was a bit more decisive about things that do not involve protecting people. He keeps throwing himself in the line of fire after the initial mess with Keita. About two dozens of survivor guilt and trauma tropes are in effect after that one. Basically he's going full tilt Spiderman minus the sass plus the bunny ears.

And why do those ears look so darn evildarkcool in the new Break Record model and so lame in the anime? Either way I think I still like him a lot if only because he know too well he doesn't have a proper grasp of the situation unlike most overconfident anime protagonists who keep assuming stuff.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:53   Link #89
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Another thing I don't like about Hibiki is his confidence, and getting swayed by the flaw all the time.
In game, he is proactive, taking the matter into his own hand.
And we see how Yamato praise him all the time for getting things done, or even outright surprised at him disocering the secrets he had not revealed.
Really, the aniem Hibki is just so.... useless.
Old 2013-05-10, 14:19   Link #90
Gundamx

true to be told in game you can choose your answer...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:59   Link #91
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Also it's an Atlus game and localization of those tend to change whatever they can get away with without completely screwing over the plot. All in all there's a good change minimum third of those answers didn't exist in original Japanese. Mostly joke ones.

That and in the game, player character was also your p.o.v. character and you played as him going after clues, gaining a sense of achievement, piecing together the plot on your own. His job was basically to do everything while others were plot devices for his progress. It was a role playing game.

Here he's the main character but you're not stuck with him so the story can progress from many directions and Hibiki can be just another characters with problems and insecurities of his own instead of the all competent mouthpiece for the players. I personally think this works better for the medium.

Also someone hold me I might go into essay mode over Hibiki. I'M IN THE MOOD! *screams silently*
Old 2013-05-10, 15:09   Link #92
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hibiki's dialogue choice in game?
Actually, many of those were not the alternation of the trans, but really that way from the original game, including the classic "pervert!"
I am highly disappointed that they didn't include it in the anime.
Old 2013-05-10, 15:12   Link #93
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

@Blizzard go for it!
Old 2013-05-10, 15:12   Link #94
Destined_Fate

Ah, Hibiki calling Makoto a pervert when she wasn't even in the room... Loved that you could do stuff like that in the game.

The anime really could use far more humor for Hibiki, for sure.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:14   Link #95
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

They can't really change "pervert" without changing the context but I'd kill to have it in the anime. If only they settled down for the night uneventfully at the HQ for once @w@ Go the hell back to Tokyo Hibiki.

@Kimidori: Don't tempt me gosh
Old 2013-05-10, 20:12   Link #96
Shadow5YA

Someone had a screenshot collage with all of Hibiki's funny dialogue choices in the game. I should go find it.

Will edit when I do.

EDIT: Aha! Found it!

Images
awww yeeaaahh!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-05-10 at 22:31.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:28   Link #97
JohnNiles

*chants Essay! Essay! Essay!*

I'm a couple episodes behind, gotta catch up but I'm still jittery over some of the earlier directorial decisions.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:45   Link #98
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Someone had a screenshot collage with all of Hibiki's funny dialogue choices in the game. I should go find it.

Will edit when I do.

Images
awww yeeaaahh!
Ugh, this just reminds me of how utterly BORING Hibiki is compared to what you can do with the MC in the game.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 00:56   Link #99
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Will edit when I do.

Images
awww yeeaaahh!
still pic missing some of the best.

like this

Old 2013-05-11, 02:37   Link #100
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
true to be told in game you can choose your answer...
But even the least inspiring answers you can choose are still much better than the angst ridden dialogue in the anime.

Quote:
Also it's an Atlus game and localization of those tend to change whatever they can get away with without completely screwing over the plot. All in all there's a good change minimum third of those answers didn't exist in original Japanese. Mostly joke ones.
I played the game both in Japanese and in English, and translated the endings. I can assure you the english translation is faithful even the jokes (Jungo's dialogue is the only exception as his IQ was increased in the localization).

The anime dialogue is so dry, for lack of better word.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote