AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 127 57.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 26.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-15, 02:33   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Suzumiya has spoken...
Old 2006-04-15, 03:33   Link #82
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Yes, it's present on XP1dIgZwSI's raw, and probably on the raw that a.f.k. used. So um... high Q notch filters on your sound system ftw? <_<

I hear it on his Fate/stay night raws as well. Must be his ADC picking up interference from his motherboard or something...
I downloaded the RAW that a.f.k is using, yes the HF tone is there. It's not a.f.k fault although I'm hoping they are gonna re-release the HQ version which doesn't has that problem.

After reading HydrogenAudio forum, now I know that the noise comes from NTSC system which has 525 lines * 29.97 fps => 15.734 kHz while in PAL: 625 lines * 25 fps => 15.625 kHz. It's the tone that I hear when I turn on TV but I don't know how it gets into the anime capturing process. They are not using Mic, are they?

Anyway, 30dB attenuation using notch filter fixes it just perfect

edit: The HF tone in Ep. 1 also comes from the RAW, NOT the "bad film production" effect
Old 2006-04-15, 03:51   Link #83
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
re: all the Shuffle talk

Haruhi says, "Talk about any show other than mine and HEADS WILL ROLL!"
even Haruhi interested in Shuffle
Spoiler:

Old 2006-04-15, 03:59   Link #84
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

hmm.. a peculiar rating .. no voters rated below 8 ... Wonder if there is anyone break the record with a proper backup answer o_o
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-15, 04:15   Link #85
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
hmm.. a peculiar rating .. no voters rated below 8 ... Wonder if there is anyone break the record with a proper backup answer o_o
I think anyone who hated the show enough to give it 2~3 would have stopped watching at episode 1.
Old 2006-04-15, 04:26   Link #86
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

You can think Ep. 1 as a filter for non-haruhiist. SOS-dan needs only dedicated member
Old 2006-04-15, 04:28   Link #87
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But you cant deny a fact there are some people who watch a show just to bashed them ..

I'm getting used to the b!tching after GSD, My Otome, and FSN .. its feels a bit weird without those words
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-15, 04:32   Link #88
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
But you cant deny a fact there are some people who watch a show just to bashed them ..

I'm getting used to the b!tching after GSD, My Otome, and FSN .. its feels a bit weird without those words
That's what I had in mind when I replied. No one is bored enough to sit through episode 1 without liking it. Such people won't last past the opening song.

I am very happy about that. We've been getting too many spoilsports these days.
Old 2006-04-15, 05:22   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by marclemagne
I could not stop laughing when the class got their seats changed and Kyon said, "Farewell, Haruhi" and then sang "foooooorevahh." So funny.
I don't want to kill any humor from that scene, but I'd like to throw in a comment about that. I think Kyon was actually saying/singing "Au Revoir" and not "forever." It didn't feel right readint it translated as "forever."
Old 2006-04-15, 05:56   Link #90
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Voted Excellent... because the next ep seems to be better... have to save Perfection for it ... also the Green Haired Girl(what's her name ?) and the cat didn't appear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That's what I had in mind when I replied. No one is bored enough to sit through episode 1 without liking it. Such people won't last past the opening song.
Another reason to like the show ...

//My notes :

Animation
... Perfect
Character development... Excellent... missed one character
Humor... Perfect... no bad jocks... and no joke after joke after joke
Plot... Perfect... not too much not too little
Old 2006-04-15, 07:39   Link #91
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:

It's probably just a matter of time. The abnormal growth of this forum will surely attract one or more "professional troll" in the future... but who can tell? Let's enjoy the actual trend and the nice mood this anime bring with itself
Old 2006-04-15, 07:47   Link #92
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

Of course, on the other hand, this show is going to be hammered in the inevitable worst anime and most overrated anime of 2006 threads by people who saw epsiode one and didn't get that it was a movie the characters made. It's amazing how any show, no matter how great, will have it's core of haters.

Still, this series looks like it'll make my top 5 list. It's the first since AIR and Mahoraba that I've actually rewatched the episodes. I gave this episode, and the first one, a 9, but I've never seen anything that I'd actually give a ten to so...
Old 2006-04-15, 07:58   Link #93
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Of course, on the other hand, this show is going to be hammered in the inevitable worst anime and most overrated anime of 2006 threads by people who saw epsiode one and didn't get that it was a movie the characters made. It's amazing how any show, no matter how great, will have it's core of haters.

Still, this series looks like it'll make my top 5 list. It's the first since AIR and Mahoraba that I've actually rewatched the episodes. I gave this episode, and the first one, a 9, but I've never seen anything that I'd actually give a ten to so...
About the whole "over-rated" thing...

IMHO, "over-rated" is what people use to criticize shows for the hell of it. They have nothing bad to say about the show, so they used that term instead.

If a show has a bad plot, or bad animation, or bad voice acting, it would NEVER be called "over-rated". In effect, only decent shows can be called over-rated, which means...

..."over-rated" is a complement! Surprise!
Old 2006-04-15, 09:07   Link #94
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Anoymous 15yr old Narutard: what the hell? This series is over-rated!

Old 2006-04-15, 09:49   Link #95
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Anoymous 15yr old Narutard: what the hell? This series is over-rated!

You're illustration is quite accurate, I might add.
Old 2006-04-15, 09:50   Link #96
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

its an unfriendlly-anime for first time watcher

they should at least at the beginning of the series put a notice sign..something like

"viewer advice:an bizarre bunny-girl is singing a very unique song right now, u are advice to watch this anime until it ends, or else something malicious will happen on you/aliens will come and hunt you"

message by:SOS DAN!
Old 2006-04-15, 10:10   Link #97
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
its an unfriendlly-anime for first time watcher

they should at least at the beginning of the series put a notice sign..something like

"viewer advice:an bizarre bunny-girl is singing a very unique song right now, u are advice to watch this anime until it ends, or else something malicious will happen on you/aliens will come and hunt you"

message by:SOS DAN!

why do that?

it'll ruin the fun

besides why force people to watch something they don't have the paitience to sit though?

All this means is that the viewers of Haruhi are ones who (i would like to believe) a more mature attitude, and it shows because they survived the first episode.

patience is a virtue, and fortunately for us, the majority of emotionally-hormoned unstabled teenagers are quite incapable of achieving.

not trying to sound elitist, but it's kinda nice to be able to have a relatively normal civil discussion without the constant one-line posts.

Besides, the older the viewing audience of Haruhi means we have more money to spend on Haruhiism! yay Hatuhiism!
Old 2006-04-15, 10:42   Link #98
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

The end of Episode 2 soundtrack (right before ED) has chobits vibe to it O.o I thought maybe the music was done by the same company, but it's not ~.~
Old 2006-04-15, 10:46   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Anytime the words "over-rated" or "suck" is used... you can lop 1000 credibility points off of the review. Its possible those two have become part of the "basic 500 words" of english used by lesser sentients these days.
Old 2006-04-15, 10:51   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Anytime the words "over-rated" or "suck" is used... you can lop 1000 credibility points off of the review. Its possible those two have become part of the "basic 500 words" of english used by lesser sentients these days.
But there is a fundamental difference between "over-rated" and "suck".

"Suck" can be used to describe any body of work with complete disregard of actual quality of the product. But "over-rated" can only ever be used on works that actually have some degree of merit. As such, instead of disregarding a review that consider a product "over-rated", I would instead consider it proof that the product must be at least decent.