Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-28, 00:27   Link #21
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Jenomorph's had me laughing so hard that my roommate asked me what was so funny
Yeah, I was just in tears listening to his clip... so hilarious. That video was all the more funny for the fact that I would be reacting just like those guys, lol. I could not even make it to the point where you see any monster in that game. Just walking around in the dark had me too freaked out so I quit...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 16:39   Link #22
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I just finished the game today. It took me much valor and courage to play the game long enough to beat it.

The biggest incentive was the awesome story line. I also enjoyed all the 3 different endings. This game shall remain in my memory as one of the best I have played thanks to its capacity to suck you in and immerse you in a different world.
Care to share some of the storyline in this game to those who cant buy it?? Really interested in the storyline for some reason
Old 2010-10-29, 00:11   Link #23
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Care to share some of the storyline in this game to those who cant buy it?? Really interested in the storyline for some reason
I won't say much, because I have faith in you! I know you will play this game some time in the future.

Spoiler:
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 16:20   Link #24
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I won't say much, because I have faith in you! I know you will play this game some time in the future.

Spoiler:
Well... Given the fact that this game might be a little "too" scary for me to play.... It changes the subject to otherwise
Old 2010-10-29, 16:59   Link #25
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Interesting. Very much like the Penumbra games (in fact, I do believe it's from the same developer).
Old 2010-10-29, 22:19   Link #26
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Interesting. Very much like the Penumbra games (in fact, I do believe it's from the same developer).
Lol yep. Read the first page
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 22:20   Link #27
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yup,it's the same developer,go wiki!!
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:30   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ok... So I tried it for a few bits (actually bought it) and it felt really intense...

The atmosphere of this game is just astonishing, the way it can scare you at any moment with just simple ghostlike movements. I was just absolutely wanting to get off the game (played with the lights off, and at night for total effect) and I was just lighting up every single candle I could see.. But I heard thats a bad thing since light attracts monsters, but I wanted to keep my sanity on a good level when a creature pops out on me...

After scaring myself half to death with some puzzle parts, I finally got into the Wine Cellar... Then what did I find? The very thing that would make my heart pound so hard that it was just about to burst out that part was just.... *shudders* atleast I made it past..

Truly a good game..
Old 2010-11-01, 18:05   Link #29
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Ok... So I tried it for a few bits (actually bought it) and it felt really intense...

The atmosphere of this game is just astonishing, the way it can scare you at any moment with just simple ghostlike movements. I was just absolutely wanting to get off the game (played with the lights off, and at night for total effect) and I was just lighting up every single candle I could see.. But I heard thats a bad thing since light attracts monsters, but I wanted to keep my sanity on a good level when a creature pops out on me...

After scaring myself half to death with some puzzle parts, I finally got into the Wine Cellar... Then what did I find? The very thing that would make my heart pound so hard that it was just about to burst out that part was just.... *shudders* atleast I made it past..

Truly a good game..
It gets worse, really.

At one point I couldn't hide from the thing, and it came right at me, fully illuminated in light... I ran, through the darkness, trying not to get my foot caught on something ... then another appeared in front of me, I kept running till I found a door out...
Old 2010-11-01, 18:09   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
It gets worse, really.

At one point I couldn't hide from the thing, and it came right at me, fully illuminated in light... I ran, through the darkness, trying not to get my foot caught on something ... then another appeared in front of me, I kept running till I found a door out...
.......... I couldnt see the thing at all in the Wine Cellar, and now theres something even worse then that.... I feel like I will pass out of fear if I get any further... But for the sake of gaming! I must complete it... Maybe I should play it in the morning this time, to prevent me dying of fear... But I do need the full feel of the game to experience how traumatizing it can be.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:37   Link #31
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I just read one of the best user review's of this game in my opinion. I experienced a situation similar to his in the game!.

From Swiftstrike5 (Gamespot)

Quote:
I've played Penumbra, Condemned, System Shock 2, FEAR, etc. This game just takes horror to another level and stomps all over the previously mentioned games.

If you're able to immerse yourself in this game, you will find your heart beating, your legs trembling, and your mind set on survival. After a certain point in this game, I can only play for about 5 or 10 minutes before it just gets too intense. It's always surprising me with something new.

I'll describe an experience:
At one point in the game, after several close calls, my sanity was low, my health was fairly low, and I was close to death. I'm slowly walking the corridors with my lamp drawn. I approach a corner with stairs and proceed down it. All of a sudden, the room starts to curve/warp, the music changes, and loud, overbearing footsteps start pacing towards me. A slow strobe light reveals a horrific monstrosity running towards me. I fall to the ground, unable to move. I desperately pull out my light trying to regain some sanity and get moving. All the while this creature is moving closer and closer. The strobe light occasionally revealing its position. I manage to get up, round the corner, and make it into a room. I brace the door with as many objects as possible and hide in a corner. It easily breaks through, scans the room, and leaves. Relieved, I wait a couple of seconds and go to the door. I lean around the corner to check for it and I'm looking the thing right in the eyeballs. Dead...

The best part is this was entirely unscripted, or so I believe. It's simply amazing the work the developer put into making a scene that rivals nightmares. I can't even imagine what further horrors await...

This game is simply the best horror game I've ever played. There's no reason to not pick up this $20 game if you enjoy horrors.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2010-11-01 at 22:38.
Old 2010-11-02, 15:32   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This game defiantly rivals Silent Hill in terms of horror
Old 2010-11-02, 19:54   Link #33
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Holy s**t I just crit my pants.
Was this part of the thread title really... necessary?

Quote:
I feel like I will pass out of fear if I get any further... But for the sake of gaming! I must complete it... Maybe I should play it in the morning this time, to prevent me dying of fear.
You can do it, kid! Your aniki encourages you to turn those sharp corners and go down those dark, narrow hallways!

Well, from the reviews I've been seeing I may buy this one. Been getting tired of the Resident Evil stuff, and Silent Hill... Well, you grow use to it after awhile. Hopefully this will be a good change of pace for me.

Quote:
that part was just.... *shudders* atleast I made it past..
No matter how much you struggle, kid. It'll come back for you.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 20:04   Link #34
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Was this part of the thread title really... necessary?
I'd say yes, seeing as 90% of the time when I'm playing this I'm saying 'Holy Sh*t!'.

I've just done the flooded area, and man was that scary. Especially the finale part.
Old 2010-11-02, 20:17   Link #35
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:

I'd say yes, seeing as 90% of the time when I'm playing this I'm saying 'Holy Sh*t!'.
Be a man! Come on, can't be that scary can it? Well I guess I'll learn soon enough. Either I'll be laughing at you all in a day or so, or joining you in fetal position.

Good luck to you all, I suppose. Because right now you all sound like a bunch overreacting scaredy cats to me.

I have to guess this is a PC game since the search engine on gamefly isn't coming up with anything. Which is pretty unfortunate for me; Idunno if my computer can handle it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 21:48   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ok, got back into the game and its scarymania fest. Solved the puzzle at the machinery room which took me quite a while, I literally found myself sticking a shovel in the furnace to see if it had some coal for the machine But the scary part was deeper in, when I was in the Equipment room getting the materials to finish up the machine.. I opened a door, and the thing was just slowly walking. It sorta went like this...

Hooves: Oh a door, lets see whats behind it.
Thing: Hoooooooves!
Hooves: *closes door* AHHHHH!!!!!!!! *Runs to a corner*

The next thing I noticed is that the thing hacks... It can get right behind you, even though you saw it 5 yards a second ago.
Old 2010-11-02, 22:20   Link #37
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Be a man! Come on, can't be that scary can it? Well I guess I'll learn soon enough. Either I'll be laughing at you all in a day or so, or joining you in fetal position.

Good luck to you all, I suppose. Because right now you all sound like a bunch overreacting scaredy cats to me.
You'll be joining us, undoubtedly. The only way I'm getting through this game is by saying 'Man up, balls of steel!' to myself ever time its gets stupidly scary. I've never been as scared as I am when I'm playing this. Paranormal Activity? REC? Pfft, don't make me laugh. This is what get's your adrenaline pumping.

Quote:
I have to guess this is a PC game since the search engine on gamefly isn't coming up with anything. Which is pretty unfortunate for me; Idunno if my computer can handle it.
I don't think it's too demanding...
Spoiler for System Requirements:
Old 2010-11-02, 23:10   Link #38
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Hey guys... I wonder how it would be to play this game while high and all alone in your house

Maybe you would need diaper
Old 2010-11-03, 00:01   Link #39
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Hey guys... I wonder how it would be to play this game while high and all alone in your house

Maybe you would need diaper
Most probably I've played it alone and at night, but high? That's just taking it to a higher level (lame pun I know).

Currently, I'm in the Storage area searching for the things to get the elevator to work. Easily one of the creepiest areas so far.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:26   Link #40
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Most probably I've played it alone and at night, but high? That's just taking it to a higher level (lame pun I know).

Currently, I'm in the Storage area searching for the things to get the elevator to work. Easily one of the creepiest areas so far.
I think I'm in that part as well where you need to get the machinery working to get the elevator to work right?

Tags
game, horror