AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 01:42   Link #21
brocko

I think Bandai Visual reckons they can get away with the high prices just because sola was voted Japan's favourite 2007 anime or something akin to that awhile back. That's probably gonna be they're marketing point imo.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-03-02, 07:23   Link #22
nuaythebest

Japanese taste is not the same as consumer in R1 or other part of the world. Hence, a lot of top vote from Japanese become bottom rank in America.
Old 2008-03-04, 13:54   Link #23
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I mean Im glad it's being released in America....i dont care really about dubs. but 5 dvd's at that price XD
Old 2008-03-19, 15:39   Link #24
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Release got delayed!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rue-tears-sola
Old 2008-03-19, 17:33   Link #25
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Thank goodness. Hopefully they'll release it at a lower price point so people (such as yours truly) will actually purchase it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-20, 11:58   Link #26
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
thats what im hoping ^^ they can't honestly expect to get good sales like that
Old 2008-04-01, 01:07   Link #27
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Thank goodness. Hopefully they'll release it at a lower price point so people (such as yours truly) will actually purchase it.
Supposedly they're delaying it for blu-ray concerns? I'm not sure if the price of the dvds are affected, which would really suck considering they're so overpriced!
Old 2008-04-12, 19:37   Link #28
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Well, according to ANN, the DVD will have the first 3 episodes only available in Japanese with English subs. It will also come with a postcard collection by Naru Nanao and Makoto Koga and an 8-page booklet.

It's somewhat understandable that it will be $49.99, except for the fact that only 3 episodes are on it and it doesn't have a dub.
Old 2008-09-27, 07:16   Link #29
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-tears-release

^don't read to much into the word "cancels" in that link as all bandai have done is canned the original release and gone for a full box set under their anime legends label for the low price of $44.98
Old 2009-02-06, 01:09   Link #30
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Still waiting for both the sola (and true tears) box set to come out. I know I've watched and re-watched the series a dozen times now, but I would love to have sola in a nice looking box set, which hopefully will have a few extras. I'd gladly pay the $44.98 to have that box set in my hands. Hopefully, it gets released sometime soon.
Old 2009-02-14, 02:32   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What is the status of this puppy? Is it toast yet?
Old 2009-02-14, 06:51   Link #32
demonix

there's no new news yet plus rightstuf is still listing the canned versions even though bandai has fully taken over these two series.

I'd have to guess that they've been waiting to sort out their replication issues (they just announced a deal with technicolor for DVD replication in January) before they announce anything concrete with regards to a release date.
Old 2009-06-13, 06:31   Link #33
demonix

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...4029/4/0/-2741

^and is looks like it's now got a concrete release date of August 18.

I only found out about this yesterday when I was looking around my usual DVD shopping sites.
Old 2009-07-05, 11:09   Link #34
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...4029/4/0/-2741

^and is looks like it's now got a concrete release date of August 18.

I only found out about this yesterday when I was looking around my usual DVD shopping sites.
I'm not too optimistic for that August 18 release, but if it's true I'll definitely be getting a copy on that day. Been waiting quite a while for this.
Old 2009-07-30, 16:18   Link #35
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I was planning to buy this since I was interested in watching it, but it seems that I can't really trust it because if I were to preorder it and got delayed or canceled, I would be shafted... It will probably take a miracle to have it release in my opinion.

It might be because of the economic downturn, but it's no excuse to mess up a release after delaying it for a year. I also wrote on this matter on my blog.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-07-31 at 22:47.
Old 2009-08-07, 03:37   Link #36
demonix

It looks like things aren't as concrete as I thought as I just got the weekly newsletter from rightstuf and it seems that the sola release has been pushed back to september now.
Old 2009-08-08, 01:13   Link #37
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
It looks like things aren't as concrete as I thought as I just got the weekly newsletter from rightstuf and it seems that the sola release has been pushed back to september now.
How many times Bandai Entertainment plan to delay this? For the looks of it, it seems that the licensed release of sola is not going to materialize at this rate...

If it mattered since I still have anime to watch, but how many years is it taking to release this thing? Have they delayed it because they don't want to release it since it's a niche title? The way that they are handling the release is just making me, well, annoyed.
Old 2009-08-08, 05:04   Link #38
demonix

We just have to wait and see if this is the last delay (we could use the true tears release as a benchmark since that was delayed until August 18 (and I'm just guessing that they didn't want both series to be released at the same time) so if that does get released then it might be good news for the current sola release date).
Old 2009-08-18, 08:59   Link #39
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'm very surprised but it looks like True Tears was actually not pushed back again and really came out today. There may be a chance for this to be released afterall.
Old 2009-08-19, 00:01   Link #40
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Atleast we know that it won't be delayed, or I'll be raging/ranting on my blog again about Bandai Entertainment again...

The bad thing is... I won't be able to watch it when it comes in since I would already have started my Fall Semester... such a bummer.