AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 18:15   Link #3381
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Congratulations to the series. I'm glad to see that our little ad stunts payed of with the interest it generated in our community.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 07:44   Link #3382
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I made a pilgrimage to Koshien Stadium today - saw a semifinal of Spring Koshien. What a religious experience. No Kitamura Kou's out there though - both boys topped out at about 141 MPH.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 16:50   Link #3383
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I made a pilgrimage to Koshien Stadium today - saw a semifinal of Spring Koshien. What a religious experience. No Kitamura Kou's out there though - both boys topped out at about 141 MPH.
Any pictures?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:23   Link #3384
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I hope that's kph. They'd need a surgeon to reattach those boys' arms if they really hit 141 mph. 141 kph = 88 mph, a much more reasonable number, though I think a lot of doctors would argue kids shouldn't be throwing that fast either.

There are only a handful of American major league pitchers who can reach 100 mph.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 07:30   Link #3385
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I hope that's kph. They'd need a surgeon to reattach those boys' arms if they really hit 141 mph. 141 kph = 88 mph, a much more reasonable number, though I think a lot of doctors would argue kids shouldn't be throwing that fast either.

There are only a handful of American major league pitchers who can reach 100 mph.
LOL, yes that was KPH - it would have been a helluva story otherwise! In terms of speed, I believe what most doctors worry about with kids is not throwing too hard, but throwing too many breaking pitches. Fastballs - even really fast ones - put much less strain on the elbow and shoulder than curves and sliders. I think throwing too many pitches is also an issue - HS kids often throw 120+ pitches and then go out and throw again a day or two later.

Shiroth - yes, I have a few pics and vids from Koshien up on the blog...
Old 2011-04-06, 09:28   Link #3386
Tri-ring

Historically, there were two or three games that lasted for 18 innings. The game becomes a draw and a re-match is scheduled the next day.
I believe within one of those games after a full 18 inning pitch the same pitcher pitched the next day.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:49   Link #3387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If anyone is interested, this is a rare Cross Game curio:

Obviously not a licensed product, but the seller does have a 100% feedback rating.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:44   Link #3388
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
This isn't really about cross game but I just wanted to say that anyone that liked cross game should check out "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai" (or "AnoHana" if you want to keep it short) that just started airing

A few people noted the similarities between the two,not just in the plot but with 3 voice actors all being leads in both shows and the epic use of music at the end of the first episode. I really do think that if you enjoyed one odds are you'll enjoy the other.

Of course maybe most people in this thread already did but I thought I'd say it anyway.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:31   Link #3389
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
This isn't really about cross game but I just wanted to say that anyone that liked cross game should check out "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai" (or "AnoHana" if you want to keep it short) that just started airing

A few people noted the similarities between the two,not just in the plot but with 3 voice actors all being leads in both shows and the epic use of music at the end of the first episode. I really do think that if you enjoyed one odds are you'll enjoy the other.

Of course maybe most people in this thread already did but I thought I'd say it anyway.
Please do not compare the masterpiece that a legend of a mangaka has created to the "it" shows of the season.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:33   Link #3390
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, someone should get down from his high horse

This anime season is remarkably good, even if they are good in different ways that Cross Game is, they will still draw comparisons to good shows from past seasons.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:47   Link #3391
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wow, someone should get down from his high horse

This anime season is remarkably good, even if they are good in different ways that Cross Game is, they will still draw comparisons to good shows from past seasons.
Really? Then why are you generating "buzz" on a CROSS GAME thread?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:11   Link #3392
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

because there are 3 overlapping VAs and a similiar theme based on the first episode.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:23   Link #3393
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Really? Then why are you generating "buzz" on a CROSS GAME thread?
Because I thought it would be of interest to Cross Game watchers,I find it surprising how both can be so similar yet so different at the same time. It was supposed to be kind of a sidenote to a bigger post but then I forgot to put the other more cross game related question I had.

Which is:

Was this ever posted here or did I just miss it?I always like it when a live version is as epic as a recorded versions,is anyone aware of any other live versions of the 4 EDs?I looked a bit and couldn't find any.
Old 2011-04-16, 17:06   Link #3394
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

OMFG! That was righteously EPIC! Thanks for the video and the other series' recommendation. I, for one, hadn't heard about it. Rectifying that as we text, however.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 22:36   Link #3395
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Personal story, somewhat related here. Finally got a friend of mine to watch the first episode of Cross Game after a hell of a lot of time telling him to do so. He always shrugged me off with the "I don't like baseball" thing. Well, today he finally did and when he finished told me that "he didn't care about the girl at all". I'm seriously thinking of ending my friendship with the guy now,

On a more serious note though, it did get me to watch the first episode again, and it's just amazing how it still hits me so hard even after having watched it countless times. The whole thing is just masterfully crafted, the dialogues are incredible, but in particular the last scene... it's definitely one of my favourite moments in everything I have ever watched. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose someone as important as Wakaba was to Kou in such a young age. The loss of someone you hold dear is complicated even when you're an adult and realize the extent of it, but seeing it happen between two kids and how the one that was left alone feels completely lost. The follow-up with Akaishi is just the stroke of a master.

And oh god, I realize this post might not be adding much to the thread, but I wasn't really active back when this was airing and I just felt like posting about it. God bless Adachi for his works, and I just hope it won't be too long until he's able to start on a new weekly series.
Old 2011-04-17, 01:45   Link #3396
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Because I thought it would be of interest to Cross Game watchers,I find it surprising how both can be so similar yet so different at the same time. It was supposed to be kind of a sidenote to a bigger post but then I forgot to put the other more cross game related question I had.

Which is:

Was this ever posted here or did I just miss it?I always like it when a live version is as epic as a recorded versions,is anyone aware of any other live versions of the 4 EDs?I looked a bit and couldn't find any.
Alas, that's a lip-synch...
Old 2011-04-17, 01:59   Link #3397
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Alas, that's a lip-synch...
Sure about that?

Biggest difference I see with the album version is the end of the bridge.

at 2:14 the "whoa-oa-oa" sounds nothing like the one on the album.

The backrounds singers don't sound much like the backround vocals on the album either.

edit:though I definatly won't guarentee you that the instrumental part of the band is live,but that doesn't really bother me.Though if I were to bet I'd say they'll live.

Last edited by totoum; 2011-04-17 at 02:20.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 02:49   Link #3398
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Sure about that?

Biggest difference I see with the album version is the end of the bridge.

at 2:14 the "whoa-oa-oa" sounds nothing like the one on the album.

The backrounds singers don't sound much like the backround vocals on the album either.

edit:though I definatly won't guarentee you that the instrumental part of the band is live,but that doesn't really bother me.Though if I were to bet I'd say they'll live.
Well obviously, I wouldn't guarantee anything. But have you heard the extended studio version of the song? If this isn't a lip-synch, it's the most note-perfect live rendition of a studio cut I've ever heard - including the backing vocals.
Old 2011-04-17, 03:08   Link #3399
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Well obviously, I wouldn't guarantee anything. But have you heard the extended studio version of the song?
Yes,I just checked it to be sure and like I said:at 2:14 the "whoa-oa-oa" sounds nothing like the one on the album.

It's not that she misses the note,she goes for a completely different note than the extended album version,it really sounds completely different if you compare.
Old 2011-04-17, 07:36   Link #3400
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun
And oh god, I realize this post might not be adding much to the thread, but I wasn't really active back when this was airing and I just felt like posting about it. God bless Adachi for his works, and I just hope it won't be too long until he's able to start on a new weekly series.
Touch's Adachi to Launch New Over Fence Baseball Manga

Not sure where to post this, but I figured it would be of the interest of everyone around here, so. Finally!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-04-17 at 07:50.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports