AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-17, 16:47   Link #2321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Sadly, is simply the opposite. The anime railgun fan seems to have more much more money than the index or manga railgun fan, and using a dark arc with blood brutality and when Mikoto needs to be saved from hell goes against everything that railgun 1 stand for, so it's likely not to happen in the least (I'm not thrilled by own words & estimations, BTW).

Heck, if the Accelerator has a cameo or is mentioned even once in railgun anime season 2, I'll be surprised. Though I imagine that we could get a very big string of episodes with Item and whatnot, reconned into the story somehow and having a bunch of slice of life yuri events.
Well they're big boys so I'm sure they can go suck on it

If people can support Madoka even after all the blood shed then I don't see why we should be walking on egg shells around the crazies.

In the first place I don't see why this is even a concern, Railgun one still had violence and girls being thrown around like rag dolls, what is everybody suddenly so sensitive about this shit?
Old 2011-10-17, 16:56   Link #2322
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

If people can support Madoka even after all the blood shed then I don't see why we should be walking on egg shells around the crazies.

In the first place I don't see why this is even a concern, Railgun one still had violence and girls being thrown around like rag dolls, what is everybody suddenly so sensitive about this shit?
Madoka was aimed at an audience that expected bloodshed because 1) it happened early on in the series before the fanbase was established and 2) people knew Urobuchi Gen.

The raildex universe is generally aimed at a much younger audience.

Personally, my concern is JCStaff's ability to animate the Sisters arc the way the manga portrayed it. There are artistic differences between the Index and the Railgun version Touma vs Accelerator with Mikoto as the witness. Mikoto was visibly more disturbed, Accelerator looked much more demented, and Touma looked much more badass in the Railgun manga's portrayal, which perfectly captures Mikoto's point of view. I'm hoping JCStaff is able to do the same in the anime, but considering their history and the past anime season, their adaptation of the Sisters arc probably won't cut it.
Old 2011-10-17, 17:08   Link #2323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Madoka was aimed at an audience that expected bloodshed because 1) it happened early on in the series before the fanbase was established and 2) people knew Urobuchi Gen.

The raildex universe is generally aimed at a much younger audience.
Younger... By how exactly ?

10? 12? 13? The kind of people that watches these things are probably late teens above 16, where they're at the age of "DARK GRIM!!!".

And it's not like this is K-On turned Mirai Nikki turned Kite, Railgun had fighting in it since day one and it doesn't shy away from violence against girls every other month, so why are people acting like it's going to be the next bloodfest ? It's nasty but not THAT nasty.
Old 2011-10-17, 17:29   Link #2324
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:

In the first place I don't see why this is even a concern, Railgun one still had violence and girls being thrown around like rag dolls
Violence like having their in yards explode from the inside of their bodies? having their legs pulled off, people dying crushed by giant objects and characters falling into helpless despair at the clutches of an evil mastermind that goes unpunished and stuff like that? Ah. No. It's like you are comparing Sailor Moon level of violence with > Ninja Scroll level.

Also Madoka is a bad example since it received a lot of backlash from "the regular anime fan" that didn't wanted to see their magical girls getting chopped off to death.

Furthermore, didn't the original railgun kinda like, cutted off all strong references to the Index continuity for the sake of being it's own series, or something like that? Why wouldn't they do that again after it proved so successful, after all a railgun anime series is going to be aimed to the railgun anime fan, that's the sad reality that we seem to be heading as of now.
Old 2011-10-17, 17:54   Link #2325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Violence like having their in yards explode from the inside of their bodies? having their legs pulled off, people dying crushed by giant objects and characters falling into helpless despair at the clutches of an evil mastermind that goes unpunished and stuff like that? Ah. No. It's like you are comparing Sailor Moon level of violence with > Ninja Scroll level.
Like how they animated Accelerator ripping out Hound Dog's skins? Turn them into bloody messes and blew off a jaw and a head... OH SNAP they didn't -_- !

It's either censored or removed entirely, there's no law that dictates they have to show it like it's told.

Quote:
Also Madoka is a bad example since it received a lot of backlash from "the regular anime fan" that didn't wanted to see their magical girls getting chopped off to death.
And in exchange it's now the 2nd highest selling series since 2000.

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Quote:
Furthermore, didn't the original railgun kinda like, cutted off all strong references to the Index continuity for the sake of being it's own series, or something like that? Why wouldn't they do that again after it proved so successful, after all a railgun anime series is going to be aimed to the railgun anime fan, that's the sad reality that we seem to be heading as of now.
So that wasn't an original railgun girl from the Anime that we saw on the illustration of New Testament one =_= ?
Old 2011-10-17, 18:15   Link #2326
Ashaman

Railgun anime cut off ties by messing with the time line and editing out the crosscover scenes like the bridge or Misaka and Touma's accidental meeting when Touma asks about churches and Misaka nearly wets herself when she began to overexagerate Touma's power due to fear.

Index (novels at least) on the other hand will delightfully add cameo's.

---

Railgun did have its action/bloody moments, but it never quite reached the same level as Index anime.

Combined with the cute girls doing cute things vibe that it gave off for 60% of its run, it would be a surprise if they did the Sisters arc because that atmosphere would be destroyed, 3 of the main cast would be restricted to cameo's for 6 or so episodes, maybe more, Touma vs Accel would have to be re-animated and Railgun only fans will not be pleased to see Misaka take a back seat as the hero. THen there is the devotion Railgun anime took to edit out all the crossover elements with Index to consider.

And like I said, Railgun really isn't a Moe Blob anime. But it feels like one.

THe first 6 episodes, there was nothing more than moe with hints of more. 7-12 we had plot but it was combined with moe antics. 13-20 more moe with the occasional cameo and plot hints. 21-final proper plot.

The sisters arc would be a shift in tone, even if the violence was already present.

I hope they do do the Sisters arc, I really do. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit:
To be honest, I have a theory that the movie might be the Sisters arc re-told and expanded upon.
Old 2011-10-17, 19:49   Link #2327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Railgun anime cut off ties by messing with the time line and editing out the crosscover scenes like the bridge or Misaka and Touma's accidental meeting when Touma asks about churches and Misaka nearly wets herself when she began to overexagerate Touma's power due to fear.

Index (novels at least) on the other hand will delightfully add cameo's.
A small handful of minor changes that doesn't interrupt the big picture is not call cutting off ties as shown how in the end the Level Upper incident still ended the same way. Adaptations are bound to have differences- If you're talking about introducing the Number 4 as someone completely different than Mugino or the complete removal of a vital piece of plot element like Index never entering Academy City... Now that's what you call severing ties.

If anything, they can't stop connecting various plot points back to Index.
Old 2011-10-25, 15:20   Link #2328
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

There's a spoiler picture for the new Railgun chapter.

Spoiler for 45:
Old 2011-10-25, 15:26   Link #2329
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, Fukiyose just owned Misaki there.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:23   Link #2330
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post

Spoiler for 45:
That's awesome. Can't wait to see what else happens.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:30   Link #2331
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:

Spoiler for 45:
Misaki: Screw the rules, I have--

Fukiyose: Denied.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-10-25, 17:35   Link #2332
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:

Spoiler for 45:
WOW interesting so what match there.Poor Misaki without her remote control she just powerless....
Old 2011-10-25, 18:25   Link #2333
Ashaman

Quote:
A small handful of minor changes that doesn't interrupt the big picture is not call cutting off ties as shown how in the end the Level Upper incident still ended the same way. Adaptations are bound to have differences- If you're talking about introducing the Number 4 as someone completely different than Mugino or the complete removal of a vital piece of plot element like Index never entering Academy City... Now that's what you call severing ties.

If anything, they can't stop connecting various plot points back to Index.
Okay, ''cutting off ties'' prob wasn't the bst way to put it.

But I'm just saying that it seems like they went out of their way to avoid explicit crossover scenes in the anime.

Quote:

Spoiler for 45:
Misaki's face in the bottom left panel.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:42   Link #2334
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Fukiyose, like a boss.

Damn it it's no secret that people from A Certain Highschool are awesome people.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-10-26, 04:58   Link #2335
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ohh....Owned!
Old 2011-10-26, 05:06   Link #2336
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Fukiyose, like a boss.

Damn it it's no secret that people from A Certain Highschool are awesome people.
So wait, the hierarchy goes Crowley > Board of Directors > students from A Certain Highschool > Level 5's > everbody else?
Old 2011-10-26, 05:56   Link #2337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
So wait, the hierarchy goes Crowley > Board of Directors > students from A Certain Highschool > Level 5's > everbody else?

Washing Machine > Priestess

Vending Machine > Level 0s

Twelve Years Old > Ten Years Old > Hamazura
Old 2011-10-26, 06:07   Link #2338
Ashaman

Quote:
Washing Machine > Priestess

Vending Machine > Level 0s

Twelve Years Old > Ten Years Old > Hamazura
Wait, isn't it:

10 YO > 12 YO > Hamazura