AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-05, 23:53   Link #19281
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But that's WIDELY more safer than if he stumbles into the Tokiwadai faction and get drag into a Index (Explain yourself), Kuroko (THAT APE!) , Mikoto (THAT IDIOT!) and Misaki (Trololol) conflict. Heck you can even toss in Kongou just to misunderstand everything.
I sssoooooooo want to see this now! It would be fun to see him squirm in this kind of situation. Also because Misaki would be there and her interactions with Mikoto are amusing to see. Especially if Touma is involved. I wonder how she would tease Misaka?
Old 2012-08-06, 00:02   Link #19282
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Maid Squad, consist of Maika and Maria. Subplot would probably be 'True' Maids faction vs 'Fake' Maids faction, Tsuchimikado on Maika's side, Touma forced to be on Maria's side. (Okay maybe not, but still--!)
This I AGREE!!! Maria should learn something from Silvia
Old 2012-08-06, 03:49   Link #19283
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Would you care to share those?
Rubix's Toaru Super SS. That's one I've read recently anyway.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:33   Link #19284
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
HOLY SHIT! Did Mikoto's dad just use the patented Touma Punch on Touma?
Old 2012-08-06, 17:34   Link #19285
blackwhite67
Banned

NT 5 is coming in October
Old 2012-08-06, 17:48   Link #19286
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

@Flere821 Can you pm or post the link on my profile?
Old 2012-08-07, 01:21   Link #19287
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
@Flere821 Can you pm or post the link on my profile?
Here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2783899/rubix22

If anyone else haven't been reading his stuff, go do it. It's well worth your time if you like comedy.
Old 2012-08-07, 01:42   Link #19288
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2783899/rubix22

If anyone else haven't been reading his stuff, go do it. It's well worth your time if you like comedy.
That's a strong word you're employing.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:31   Link #19289
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder if Touma will ever find his "Lady Luck".
Haha, you and your silly thoughts.

The day he finds happiness with a woman, it will be cruelly taken from him, never to be enjoyed again and driving him to despair, unleashing the dragon within and extinguishing all light and hope. Magic and Science will both band together to strike him down like the Hammer of God, only to be batted away with only those loyal to him allowed to stand.

Then, with a heavy heart, those dearest to him will strike the final blow...

....Or one of the other girls will be mad and try to break them up.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:05   Link #19290
Breidaluk

About the dragon, I was researching(kidding,just saw in wikipedia) about angels and actually the seraphs can also be considered dragons. Strange, isn't it?

Anyway, the fact that Othinus want to create a holistic esper is because she want to create a distortion in the world so she can overcome her 50/50 chance of sucess?

No one actually searched about Savant Syndrome. The fact that Touma's "precognition" developed after his brain damage can be a case of savant syndrome.
Old 2012-08-07, 20:35   Link #19291
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

I'm pretty sure that Touma's 'precognition' wasn't exactly developed after his brain damage, rather it was developed through the course of his experiences. It's been said by Accelerator, at Volume 20, that Touma had been unconsciously developing it whenever he fought with espers such as Misaka Mikoto.

Quote:
From previous reports about Academy City‟s #3, Railgun, who Accelerator had faced off against before. And about the rumors associated with the Railgun, there was one saying that an unknown Level 0 exists that could match against the Railgun using only his right hand. This raises many questions.

For example, even if a right hand that can negate any ability exists, how can the one using it match his opponent‟s timing?

A railgun attack is over three times the speed of sound, and lightning strikes being even faster. Even with a method of defending himself, to be able to time it right is extremely difficult. Even missing the timing by only an instant would probably result in death. In that situation, how can the scenario "Every single attack is negated easily" happen?
And as the Railgun manga shows, he's had the ability (to a certain extent) before he lost his memories.
Old 2012-08-07, 21:00   Link #19292
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^He probably also had experience dodging rocks that were thrown at him when he was a kid.
Old 2012-08-07, 21:13   Link #19293
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
^He probably also had experience dodging rocks that were thrown at him when he was a kid.
And almost getting stabbed with a knife
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-07, 21:16   Link #19294
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
And almost getting stabbed with a knife
Yeah, he really had to earn those reflexes.
Old 2012-08-08, 01:51   Link #19295
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
No one actually searched about Savant Syndrome. The fact that Touma's "precognition" developed after his brain damage can be a case of savant syndrome.
No it can't. You're just issuing a wild theory based on a half-assed research.

Even if his "precognition" had developed after the dragon breath (which like others I don't think it was) Touma would still not be a savant, simply cause he doesn't have a brain deficit, which is a common trait shared by sufferers of the Savant Syndrome. The damage he received only affected his memory, and it didn't even impair his ability to create new memories. It's not like Accelerator's case where he even lost his ability to understand language.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:14   Link #19296
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Since no one has thought of this yet, what if the person who denies his normal life with Index and Mikoto is his Mother. After seeing wandering Russia on TV during the war, and being told is is dead, then alive by Academy City with no explanation, she goes to Academy City during Ichihanaransai to confront him about his currently lifestyle. Perhaps threatening to bring him home?
Old 2012-08-08, 08:03   Link #19297
Saishy

I was reading Index again and I noticed they completely forgot about the whole "Index can't use magic" thing.

They say in the book her whole mana was being used by the defensive mechanism implemented by the church, but even after the active one is destroyed they just shrug it off and never mention it again.

So, what is the deal?
Old 2012-08-08, 08:04   Link #19298
Sumeragi
Banned

Mother theory: I doubt it, given her attitude the last time we saw her in Academy City.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:52   Link #19299
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
I was reading Index again and I noticed they completely forgot about the whole "Index can't use magic" thing.

They say in the book her whole mana was being used by the defensive mechanism implemented by the church, but even after the active one is destroyed they just shrug it off and never mention it again.

So, what is the deal?
What's the deal?
You meant this right?

Quote:
“If you’re not an esper, why is it you have no magic power?”

The answer to that question was most likely what lay before him. The church had prepared multiple layers of security. If someone found out about the secret of her perfect memory and tried to remove the collar, Index would automatically use her 103,000 grimoires to use the powerful magic held within in order to literally keep the person who knew the truth from saying anything ever again. All of Index’s magic power was put into running that auto defense system.
I think you've answered the question yourself ... because Pendex still exists somewhere inside Index' head ... or to be precise the defensive system you're talking about here (which is actually a core part of Pendex) wasn't really destroyed but more like damaged.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:02   Link #19300
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I think you've answered the question yourself ... because Pendex still exists somewhere inside Index' head ... or to be precise the defensive system you're talking about here (which is actually a core part of Pendex) wasn't really destroyed but more like damaged.
The defensive system was completely destroyed, they never mention anything about Pendex having more than one module attached to it and only discover when Fiamma get holds of the controller. (But the way they react it seems they knew she still had Pendex).

But they assume the mana was being used for the auto-defensive system and she would regain it over time. (When they destroy and she still can't use mana they assume it was because she have kept it for too long).

But even after so much time and no signs of her mana even comming back, nobody seems to care at all!
I mean, they never really mentioned "Oh, she still don't have her mana, maybe she still have something from the church inside? Let Imagine Breaker destroy it" zero, no fucks given at all.

They got pretty upset after what the church did to index regarding the memories but don't seem to care she can't use magic.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen