AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 10:44   Link #1
Ellie97

anime "must watch"

I havent been watching animes recently because I've been so busy with school work.. sucks to be me!! In the past, I've been very picky about the animes I watch e.g it needs to be romantic/dramatic etc.. but now I've decided its time for me to watch the classics.. can anyone suggest any amazing animes that I have missed!?

These are the animes I've watched (from the top of my head)
- Myself;Yourself
- Neo Angelique Abyss
- Inu X Boku SS
- School Days
- Skip Beat (my favorite manga ^_^)
- Asobi ni Ikuyo: Bombshells from the sky (...)
- La Corda d'Oro
- Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (absolutly amazing!! must see for all yaoi fans!!)
- Clannad
- Deadman Wonderland

Animes I started, but tragicly didn't finish (cos of damn school!!)
- Air Gear
- Pandora Hearts
- Soul Eater (T-T)
- Toradora
- Clannad AS (im too scared to finish it :'( )

That's all I can think of for now.. I'm sure theres more..
suggestions please?? nothing too long would be great for me so I can watch it all the way through!! ;D
I'm not too fussed about the genre, but as you can see I'm a big fan of romance :3
Gorey horrors are always good too!! :P
Anything you think is something I have to watch as an anime lover!!
Ellie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 11:20   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The classics huh?

I'll include both the shows that stood out as high quality to me, and those that have had a huge impact on anime. I'll star (*) the ones I think you ought to check out first.

Anime Classics:

Maison Ikkoku ** Still the top romantic comedy that I've seen, the granddaddy of all anime romances. I'll still see scenes in modern anime romances and go "Ah, they stole that from Maison Ikkoku."
Neon Genesis Evangelion ** Still a powerful show - watch the TV Series, then End of Evangelion. If you enjoyed it then go on and watch Rebuild
Mobile Suit Gundam The original Gundam
Starblazers aka Space Battleship Yamato * My first anime, still remember it after 14 years. Animation is dated now, but the story is still great. Might be interested in the new remake that just came out (I've only seen the first episode so far).
Clannad and Clannad After Story The big tearjerker.
Touch or Cross Game ** The two Adachi masterpieces, think "The Wonder Years" crossed with "The Natural". Touch is still cited by mothers all over Japan as the anime they want their children to watch. Cross Game is newer and so has some higher production values.
Dragon Ball Z Filler... oh the filler.... Might want to watch the revisied version that cut out a lot of the filler.
Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ** Two adaptations of the same story, the first one has an anime only ending, and so comes out rather different. If you only watch one watch Brotherhood.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya * The genre busting show that made huge waves. Episodes were aired out of order. I suggest watching episodes in DVD order. Watch out for the Endless Eight arc of the 2nd season.
Martian Successor Nadesico Half deconstruction, half parody, half reconstruction. A sometimes-humorous, sometimes-serious parody/satire of the Humongous Mecha and Space Opera genres.
Cowboy Beebop I haven't seen but everyone mentions it.
Gurren Lagann Hot Blooded mecha. I haven't seen but everyone mentions it.
Ranma 1/2 Ranma 1/2 is a fusion of romance/comedy and shonen fighting, and was, along with Sailor Moon, one of the early-1990s gateway anime for North American fans.
Sailor Moon The magical girl show, I never watched it, but I had sisters.
Revolutionary Girl Utena It couples a shojo dueling story with elements of chivalric romance, Jungian psychology, and a surreal thriller.
Mawaru Penguindrum * A surreal and symbolism filled response to Aum (the subway bombers)
Serial Experiments Lain Haven't seen, but always hear it mentioned as a premier mind screw.
Ah! My Goddess * The flagship anime for the Magical Girlfriend genre.
Madoka Magica ** Too recent to really be called a classic yet, but I think it will likely be remembered as such.
Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe The best of the harem genre
Love Hina Essentially a remake of Maison Ikkoku with more comedy fanservice, and slapstick violence.
Shakugan No Shana Obligatory meme: "Shana is HOT!" Action romance, resulted in the creation of the character type known as "Shana clones"
Ghost in the Shell Haven't seen but everyone mentions it a lot.
ARIA Pure slice of life
Azumanga Daioh Sketch comedy
Lucky Star Sketch comedy based around anime fans inside jokes. Make sure you watch Haruhi Suzumiya first.
K-On Cute highschool girls form a band and then sit around eating cake together. Nostalgia for your highschool years.
Crest of the Stars * Space Opera, overlooked, but quite high quality.
Code Geas I didn't like it, but lots of people do.
Full Metal Panic * Romantic Comedy Action show, with hilarious send ups of various American War Movie tropes.
Bunny Drop* A newer show, but high quality.
Read or Die (the OVA series)
Chrono Crusade
Soul Eater

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 11:33   Link #3
Ellie97

wow thanks!! this should keep me occupied forever!! haha
Ellie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 12:03   Link #4
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I don't know if you've seen these, but here's it goes.

Ahem:

Why don't you give White Album and Kimikiss Pure Rouge a shot if you're interest.