AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-14, 22:07   Link #20321
whitecloud

imagine breaker as a reference point...is true...but is still pose a question about the nature of imagine breaker... since imagine breaker as is not fixed and can be "updated"...

since the world has undergone several aeonic shift already...

from isis to osirian and currently some already move to horusian...if the imagine breaker cant be updated the world would go all way back to isis...which mean it can be updated to add new reference point or change current reference point....

and again add the question what is the thing inside that imagine breaker seal that most likely wanted by crowley? my guess is the prototype reference point library which imagine breaker read the data from that ollereus mention about but with beast like guardian.

crowley need to change the "value" to advance his plan so he will not be hindered by imagine breaker power because by changing the "base" reference point of thing it could be altered that he is made as being equal to god...whatever he want to do
Old 2012-10-14, 23:21   Link #20322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What evidence do you need to be proven a gemstone -_- ? I though they don't run on AIM?

Anyway from the way Ollerus puts it, even if Imagine Breaker fixes all of the world's distortion, it would still be possible to research and learn supernatural powers all over again.... Otherwise he would just be the 'Fear'.
Old 2012-10-15, 01:58   Link #20323
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The way Ollerus puts it, IB exists as something for the people with super natural power to fell back on, like a failsafe.
IB is wished into existence because people want to continue to exercise supernatural power.
In other word, destroying supernatural power is NOT Imagine Breaker's primary purpose.
It was meant to only provide a basis to all.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:16   Link #20324
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
^ And I just got finished with Part 6.

Yeah, this volume definitely feels short.
It's only 250+ pages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The way Ollerus puts it, IB exists as something for the people with super natural power to fell back on, like a failsafe.
IB is wished into existence because people want to continue to exercise supernatural power.
In other word, destroying supernatural power is NOT Imagine Breaker's primary purpose.
It was meant to only provide a basis to all.
But to godlike super powered beings, it is for all intents and purposes.....The two cannot co-exist is also what Ollerus implies. Since the current world is not what they want

Anyway, since IB is apparently something spawned by humans....just what is the human collective consciousness capable of here...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-10-15 at 03:27.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:30   Link #20325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But to godlike super powered beings, it is for all intents and purposes.....The two cannot co-exist is also what Ollerus implies. Since the current world is not what they want

Anyway, since IB is apparently something spawned by humans....just what is the human collective consciousness capable of here...
It doesn't seem that way to me- quite frankly it feels like a failsafe device some Divine Creator made in case of an emergency- break glass.

And apparently said creator made dozens of these.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:34   Link #20326
Flere821
Lurker

After reading the new parts, am I the only one that sees Mjolnir as the magic side equivalent to R2D2?
Quote:
Spoiler for Twice the Misfortune fanfic:
Old 2012-10-15, 03:35   Link #20327
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Wouldn't the combination of Othinus and Touma be fearsome? I mean they make up a pencil... where Othinus is the lead and Touma the eraser... they can write up the world to how they see fit...

Now, I can't wait for the time Touma breaks Othinus' illusions... then they can work together in Touma's harem... I mean faction...

OthinusXKamijou > OK > OverKill
Old 2012-10-15, 03:37   Link #20328
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It doesn't seem that way to me- quite frankly it feels like a failsafe device some Divine Creator made in case of an emergency- break glass.

And apparently said creator made dozens of these.
Or he could be right and it's really collected desire for it from human consciousness that manifested again and again throughout history...I do hope it's not that way though, not least because of the number of problems that would imply...
Old 2012-10-15, 03:41   Link #20329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Or he could be right and it's really collected desire for it from human consciousness that manifested again and again throughout history...I do hope it's not that way though, not least because of the number of problems that would imply...
Are men the dreams of gods, or are gods the dreams of men ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
After reading the new parts, am I the only one that sees Mjolnir as the magic side equivalent to R2D2?
Maika + Mjolnir
Old 2012-10-15, 03:49   Link #20330
faiz blaster

I am wondering about that "cave of trials" reference in Part 7. Does anyone knows, what Ollerus was talking abou?
Old 2012-10-15, 03:54   Link #20331
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maika + Mjolnir
Old 2012-10-15, 04:04   Link #20332
Ashaman

Quote:
What evidence do you need to be proven a gemstone -_- ? I though they don't run on AIM?
They do. In fact, don't they produce more AIM than normal?

Quote:
I am wondering about that "cave of trials" reference in Part 7. Does anyone knows, what Ollerus was talking abou?
I have an idea, but no real life examples. Basically, think of a cave where someone enters, experiences some crazy shit, and through the experience realises something important about themeslves. If you've ever seen Shaman King, that has an example, IIRC.

I do just want to point something out - Ollerus is not neccessarily 100% correct about IB.

This is merely the Magic Side interpretation
Old 2012-10-15, 04:09   Link #20333
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Are men the dreams of gods, or are gods the dreams of men ?
More like the main problem is the bad taste left behind when you consider Fiamma....

He who uses Christianity so ferverntly and has chuunibyou about "saving the world" and being "The Chosen One" (well obsessed enough to be deemed a disease even if he's justified) turning out his Holy Right (which is very likely to be the same type of manifestation as IB) is human made....

All the "hopes" he bears in that Hand turning out to be human in origin would be painful blow to him...

Quote:
I do just want to point something out - Ollerus is not neccessarily 100% correct about IB.
Yeah...but on Othinus and her goals...He's more than reliable since he and her are like...so closely linked. And if Othinius deems IB's law as anathema....For practical purposes that explanation will have to suffice at the moment.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-10-15 at 04:20.
Old 2012-10-15, 04:35   Link #20334
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

I have an idea, but no real life examples. Basically, think of a cave where someone enters, experiences some crazy shit, and through the experience realises something important about themeslves. If you've ever seen Shaman King, that has an example, IIRC.
The Yomi cave right? As I recalled it was named after the cave that Izanagi went through...

Another idea I thought of is base on the earlier statement of how some of those powers became heroic weapons. Caves are usually the site where monsters reside and the hero has to go kill them. Metaphorically, that could be the distortion because monsters aren't suppose to exist.
Old 2012-10-15, 04:41   Link #20335
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The right hand power being a product of human desire actually fits into the Horusian theory very well, and why Fiamma screwed up.
We already know Fiamma's mistake was that he exercised his Holy Right in the name of god. He could have won if he recognized the power of man and follow the Horusian path.

Quote:
But to godlike super powered beings, it is for all intents and purposes.....The two cannot co-exist is also what Ollerus implies. Since the current world is not what they want.
And that is entirely Othinus's own fault.
She is having this "screw this world" agenda because she does not like how science side is the dominant force of the world.
But IB itself does not defend either side.

If anything, Othinus is posing a threat the world. Her stance is literally "death to the science side, may the world be damned."
Old 2012-10-15, 05:54   Link #20336
Sixth
Hu Tao

Can someone tell me what is going on Mugino and Brenda in this new novel? Like what how is she going to react? Did she got killed or etc?
Old 2012-10-15, 05:56   Link #20337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Can someone tell me what is going on Mugino and Brenda in this new novel? Like what how is she going to react? Did she got killed or etc?
Well, generally if something that drastic happened, people would have spoiled it already so probably this is just their 'reunion' scene.
Old 2012-10-15, 06:10   Link #20338
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Well, generally if something that drastic happened, people would have spoiled it already so probably this is just their 'reunion' scene.
Basically, it is just a cliffhanger for next volume? I sad.
Old 2012-10-15, 06:12   Link #20339
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The right hand power being a product of human desire actually fits into the Horusian theory very well, and why Fiamma screwed up.
We already know Fiamma's mistake was that he exercised his Holy Right in the name of god. He could have won if he recognized the power of man and follow the Horusian path.

And that is entirely Othinus's own fault.
She is having this "screw this world" agenda because she does not like how science side is the dominant force of the world.
But IB itself does not defend either side.

If anything, Othinus is posing a threat the world. Her stance is literally "death to the science side, may the world be damned."
Fiamma's on that path but it'll need more lectures from Touma for him to place his faith in humanity

Yea...Othinius' law is the illusion that's going to be broken by Touma's fist soon enough.

Although seeing it this way, as a Majin, it is her nature to distort the world each time she uses her powers. It is IB's nature to fix that and revert everything back to point zero.

Doesn't that mean sooner or later someone has to give up their powers? After all, IB does not exist for the sake of the Majin to use as their personal "undo" button...it seems to be something that woks for greater purpose of the world.

Same..but more mortal issue with Kazakiri Hyouka....

Unless Touma is forever going to be the admin of the world. Which would fit with his misfortune
Old 2012-10-15, 06:26   Link #20340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Basically, it is just a cliffhanger for next volume? I sad.
Cliffhanger? For all we know it could just be a flyby with nothing happening

Quote:

Unless Touma is forever going to be the admin of the world. Which would fit with his misfortune
Until the day he passes on the power... Might not be the day he dies mind you, it could be the day he finally settles down with a family.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen