AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 09:13   Link #41
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I've updated the first post with most of the relevant information posted in the thread so far. Hope we get a trailer soon!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 10:08   Link #42
Helius

The art and designs look really promising, and the premise is good. I think this is gonna be my no.1 show to look forward to.

Hidiaasu = Hideous.....right?
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 10:20   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
The art and designs look really promising, and the premise is good. I think this is gonna be my no.1 show to look forward to.

Hidiaasu = Hideous.....right?
Yes. And Redo should be Red.
Old 2012-12-12, 17:43   Link #44
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Urobutcher Gen?

Aite, thanks for the heads up. I think I'm prepared for all these young and energetic girls to suffer and die in the worst ways possible.
It can't be worse than any gundam or mecha anime when tomino was involved in when he was depressed or at his worst.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:26   Link #45
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Welp, Butcher's already deconstructed magical girls, the quintessential female genre, so it'd make sense to next take a baseball bat to mecha, the quintessential male genre. (And I don't think I need to point out that both genres have plenty fans in the opposite gender.)

Of course, almost halfway through Psycho-Pass, no main cast member has died (yet). Someone probably will
Spoiler for possible psycho-pass spoiler:
, but the guy is a bit subtler than some think.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:42   Link #46
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Welp, Butcher's already deconstructed magical girls, the quintessential female genre, so it'd make sense to next take a baseball bat to mecha, the quintessential male genre. (And I don't think I need to point out that both genres have plenty fans in the opposite gender.)

Of course, almost halfway through Psycho-Pass, no main cast member has died (yet). Someone probably will
Spoiler for possible psycho-pass spoiler:
, but the guy is a bit subtler than some think.
the mecha was already deconstructed at least a dozen times over the last 40 years, I don't know how it could be deconstructed more.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:49   Link #47
tsunade666

When I first look at the illustrations only. I won't believe it has gen's touch on it. When I read his name on it. I was surprised. At first look it doesn't resemble his past works.
Old 2012-12-13, 12:23   Link #48
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
the mecha was already deconstructed at least a dozen times over the last 40 years, I don't know how it could be deconstructed more.
If he can make a more powerful mecha deconstruction than Eva, then he has it in the pocket. But I don't think something that crazy is possible yet for the human mind.
Old 2012-12-13, 12:49   Link #49
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Please stop using the word "deconstruction", guys. It isn't a word that applies to genres of fiction.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 12:56   Link #50
desrtsku
Nympholept

Then, what word are we supposed to use?
Old 2012-12-13, 14:44   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Not that one, certainly, and even if you were to use it to mean "the application of real-world causality to an idea" neither Madoka nor anything Urobuchi has ever written falls under such a definition.
Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy most of his work, but I wish people would stop pretending that it has any sort of deep literary value.
No, Suisei no Galgantia is not going to 'deconstruct' mecha. It might end up having cute characters butchered in increasingly horrible ways as that is something the scriptwriter loves doing, but that has nothing to do with any meaning of the word 'deconstruction', valid or otherwise.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 15:43   Link #52
Warm Mist

Spoiler for off topic:

As for the show, I'm actually thinking if it will have enough mecha. The whole alien race fighting seems like it will be the major factor of the show, and the element the plot would revolve around. But it could also be just backstory, and we could have this be an adventure anime with touches of iyashikei.

Yes, I know it's Urobuchi, and Murata doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do that anyway, but there's a chance. They may never go back to this "space-time warp" and see the aliens again, the whole show could be set on the water planet with any potential threat being an insider.

I don't hope for that, I want fight scenes and hideous aliens. But one can never be sure on this industry...
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 01:38   Link #53
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
Arguably not even Evangelion was the first mecha deconstruction (depending on whether you want to use "that word" to describe fiction). Madoka certainly wasn't the first magical girl decon; people say Utena comes closer to being a true MG decon. But just because mecha's gotten that treatment before wouldn't mean Butcher wouldn't want to take a stab at it (heh).
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 01:41   Link #54
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'm still waiting for gen to actually surprise people and have something not full of despair for once.
Old 2012-12-14, 02:14   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm still waiting for gen to actually surprise people and have something not full of despair for once.
Even if he did the Butcher fanboys will still be saying "just wait until the final episode, shit gonna get real!". And after that airs, I bet it will have a movie continuation where the butcher is gonna shine! *insert jack nic nodding gif*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 02:53   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I like Gen due to his solid story. I’m not a gore-hound or kill’em-all enthusiast, but I don’t really mind them.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:10   Link #57
Debeki

Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:14   Link #58
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Character animation reminds me a lot of FMA Milos. It looks like it could be a pretty fun scifi adventure anime. I wonder who the animation director and animation character designer is...
Old 2012-12-14, 06:24   Link #59
Kakkou
Tch.

Trying to figure out who's voicing Red. Sounds like Nobunaga Shimazaki, though a part of me thinks it could be Ryota Ohsaka doing a slightly deeper voice.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:38   Link #60
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just watched the PV : it was excellent and has great music, not to mention the visuals are still enticing. I hope Gen will deliver a fun and lighthearted sci-fi story, even if it end up being consumed by darkness just like Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, mecha, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, urobuchi