Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 01:00   Link #2121
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, they can't rush the date AND the fight AND the epilogue in one episode even if they wanted to .

Just acept it already, 4 episodes for each novel(vol.1-3) and then the anime ends. I don't know why people wants the anime to adapt the novels upt to vol.4. Maybe you want a rushed adaptation?
I agree. 4 episodes per volume would be good. If they end with the cliffhanger in volume 3 what are the chances that people will want season 2? Also, they won't rush through everything and ruin it.

Quote:
3 volumes, it tooke various chapters from vol.8.
Yeah but vol 8 is a compilation of side stories and the ones they used fell along the timeline of the first 2 volumes.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:18   Link #2122
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
I agree. 4 episodes per volume would be good. If they end with the cliffhanger in volume 3 what are the chances that people will want season 2? Also, they won't rush through everything and ruin it.
There was also the time that I deduced the number of episodes that the LN can cover. If you have read the LN Vol.1, you can see that the first three illustrations have been animated, then ended with the beginning of Shidou's galge training.

I've deduced that three episodes will cover the length of one Vol.

Spoiler for theory:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:27   Link #2123
sky black swordman

Quote:
Hey, they can't rush the date AND the fight AND the epilogue in one episode even if they wanted to .

Just acept it already, 4 episodes for each novel(vol.1-3) and then the anime ends. I don't know why people wants the anime to adapt the novels upt to vol.4. Maybe you want a rushed adaptation?

3 volumes, it tooke various chapters from vol.8.
From what I in the PV it looks like that may be the case. They need to adapt it all the way up to volume 4 because volume 3 ends with that cliffhanger.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:09   Link #2124
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
There was also the time that I deduced the number of episodes that the LN can cover. If you have read the LN Vol.1, you can see that the first three illustrations have been animated, then ended with the beginning of Shidou's galge training.

Spoiler for theory:
So one more episode till Tohka gives what I personally consider the most brutal yet cathartic beatdown of all time (I really, really hate Origami)
Old 2013-04-07, 08:32   Link #2125
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post

Spoiler for theory:
er... you can just check the titles of the episodes at the sites; Tohka's arc will be over at 3
Old 2013-04-07, 09:37   Link #2126
Athena
The Power of One

Or you can just guess. Since Kurumi is introduced, it will likely end up in Vol 4.

Though LN adaptations usually spend 3 volumes on 12 eps for action series, I think.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 13:34   Link #2127
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Or you can just guess. Since Kurumi is introduced, it will likely end up in Vol 4.

Though LN adaptations usually spend 3 volumes on 12 eps for action series, I think.
Kurumi's novel is the third volume, not fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
It the season ends with the volume 3 as planned the cliffhanger will be great for a second season.

Its you people who are hopeless that your pessimism starts to be annoying.

Quote:
Yeah but vol 8 is a compilation of side stories and the ones they used fell along the timeline of the first 2 volumes.
They changed out things here and there from vol.2 too.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:21   Link #2128
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Kurumi's novel is the third volume, not fourth.
Well, yeah. His point was that since the fourth volume is a direct continuation of the third, it would cover up to the fourth volume since leaving the series on a cliffhanger would just be bad directing. I think you're forgetting who made this thread in the first place.

Quote:
It the season ends with the volume 3 as planned the cliffhanger will be great for a second season.

Its you people who are hopeless that your pessimism starts to be annoying.
What do you mean by "as planned"?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:45   Link #2129
Athena
The Power of One

If the studio is really serious in getting a second season, maybe volume 4 won't be in S1. But otherwise, I don't see any studio ending an Anime season with a cliffhanger. Not doing volume 4 is similar to stopping brutally in the middle of a volume, as I consider V3-4 to be a long story.

Anime seasons usually end with some elements that make you feel pumped for a second season. But it's nothing as inconclusive as cutting at Vol 3. If that happens, there should be some kind of original twist to have Kurumi and Shidou do some stuff so there won't be an abrupt end.

Otherwise, there's still the 12+3 episodes scenario. Similar to what happened with OreImo S1, Bakemonogatari and Kokoro Connect.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:01   Link #2130
Ramen00

They surely said last december that the anime will cover volumes 1-3.

and there are anime which has open end like Horizon s1 which was continued onto the next season

Worst case scenario is developing an original end.
Though I surely hope it won't be like that.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:12   Link #2131
Marly
>AS

Quote:
If the studio is really serious in getting a second season, maybe volume 4 won't be in S1. But otherwise, I don't see any studio ending an Anime season with a cliffhanger. Not doing volume 4 is similar to stopping brutally in the middle of a volume, as I consider V3-4 to be a long story.

Anime seasons usually end with some elements that make you feel pumped for a second season. But it's nothing as inconclusive as cutting at Vol 3. If that happens, there should be some kind of original twist to have Kurumi and Shidou do some stuff so there won't be an abrupt end.

Otherwise, there's still the 12+3 episodes scenario. Similar to what happened with OreImo S1, Bakemonogatari and Kokoro Connect.
I'm sure Volume 4 will be covered, at least partially. It would be quite silly to design a character (Spirit Kotori) just so it can be on the screen for whole 5 seconds and lead up to some cliffhanger.

And I really doubt the latter scenario with 12+3 episodes will happen.
Old 2013-04-07, 15:23   Link #2132
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I'm sure Volume 4 will be covered, at least partially. It would be quite silly to design a character (Spirit Kotori) just so it can be on the screen for whole 5 seconds and lead up to some cliffhanger.

can you make that image bigger so the character faces are more visible
Old 2013-04-07, 15:37   Link #2133
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Exactly, even if the anime ends open it wouldn't the first time that happens.

Anime series like Asura Cryin ended with a big fat open end the first season, it was so brutal the final message that it left wanting more and second season was worth waiting since it even made the final better than the novels(who ironically got an awful open ending).

Quote:

Efreet does appears in the novel 3, obviously .

The merchadising and promotional stuff(I'm not talking about PVs) for the anime also included Yamai twins and even Miku, so that means the anime will cover novels 5 and 6 too, right?

Duh, don't forget this series is using an agressive publicity since the anime was announced, I've even saw some busses with Yamai twins printed over them.
Old 2013-04-07, 15:42   Link #2134
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
can you make that image bigger so the character faces are more visible
Sure thing.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Efreet does appears in the novel 3, obviously .

The merchadising and promotional stuff from the anime also included Yamai twins and even Miku, so that means the anime will cover novels 5 and 6 too, right?

Duh, don't forget this series is using an agressive publicity since the anime was announced, I've even saw some busses with Yamai twins printed over them.
I don't think you've read my post, though that's not too unexpected. Yes, she does appear in volume 3, for whole 5 seconds. My argument was that it would be silly to have a whole design for the said character if that character will only show up for that length of time and lead to some cliffhanger.

And the thing with Yamai twins and Miku is a completely different story, because the picture I posted is clearly that of anime designs, so I don't see why you're bringing up strawman in an attempt to make yourself credible in a losing argument.
Old 2013-04-07, 15:57   Link #2135
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I don't think you've read my post, though that's not too unexpected. Yes, she does appear in volume 3, for whole 5 seconds. My argument was that it would be silly to have a whole design for the said character if that character will only show up for that length of time and lead to some cliffhanger.
Is that that new for you? Campione had Smith at the final episode, Horizon throwed a lot of new characters that were not supposed to appear yet they did.

Quote:
And the thing with Yamai twins and Miku is a completely different story, because the picture I posted is clearly that of anime designs, so I don't see why you're bringing up strawman in an attempt to make yourself credible in a losing argument.
Are you serious?

Those aren't anime designs but Tsunako's designs ._______.

For example the first with Kotori:

Its even the same pose both have. That or the anime bonus illustrations just happen to have the same pose for Kotori's character.

That post on the anime website says that the DVD/BD includes as bonus Tsunako's illustrations.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:02   Link #2136
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Is that that new for you? Campione had Smith at the final episode, Horizon throwed a lot of new characters that were not supposed to appear yet they did.
You mean the whole brief 3-second cuts they got at the second season's finale and how they weren't in any promotion art of the said anime's media and how it didn't involve a cliffhanger at all? Why are you constantly bringing up strawman argument to the table?

Quote:
Are you serious?

Those aren't anime designs but Tsunako's designs ._______.

Its even the same pose both have.
I thought you would bring that up, so I was kind enough to find this for you.

http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/

The text reads that the disc art designs were drawn by Satoshi Ishino, who is the character designer for the anime- So yes, it is the anime character design. The pose is similar, yes, but you'd have to be blind to not notice that they are different.

The only thing Tsunako drew there is the main cover art, which is also used as a background for the website.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:04   Link #2137
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
You mean the whole brief 3-second cuts they got at the second season's finale and how they weren't in any promotion art of the said anime's media and how it didn't involve a cliffhanger at all? Why are you constantly bringing up strawman argument to the table?

I thought you would bring that up, so I was kind enough to find this for you.

http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/

The text reads that the disc art designs were drawn by Satoshi Ishino, who is the character designer for the anime- So yes, it is the anime character design. The pose is similar, yes, but you'd have to be blind to not notice that they are different.
You said it yourself, a cliffhanger.

Having them doesn't makes their participation more than just a tease for what it comes next.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:15   Link #2138
Marly
>AS

Quote:
You said it yourself, a cliffhanger.

Having them doesn't makes their participation more than just a tease for what it comes next.
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here because you're talking about something out of context.

The little character previews in Horizon were completely inconsequential because the plot wasn't leading up to a cliffhanger. This, on the other hand, is a character that directly follows what happens at the end of volume 3 and is a deciding factor of its conclusion, not a character that can just show up as a cameo- The reason for that is because it won't even make sense since she is actually an existing character. You can't really make a 'cameo' out of that without going to a cliffhanger, which is highly unlikely. They're two completely different things.

Also, I'm assuming you are conceding on the part about the anime character designs?
Old 2013-04-07, 16:19   Link #2139
Miraluka
Banned

This strayed from my point which is if the series ends or not cramping volume 4, which would be a bad idea if they do just for the sake of giving a closure for the anime.

My point is that at this point of how the adaptation is going so far is that there will 4 episode per novel and that will make it end in a cliffhanger with the third volume.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:21   Link #2140
Marly
>AS

Quote:
This strayed from my point which is if the series ends or not cramping volume 4, which would be a bad idea if they do just for the sake of giving a closure for the anime.

My point is that at this point of how the adaptation is going so far is that there will 4 episode per novel and that will make it end in a cliffhanger with the third volume.
Where did the assumption about 4 episode per novel come from? Why are you assuming that the pacing will stay consistent? Also, what was up with your statement up there regarding "ending with 3 volumes as planned"? I think you're getting yourself confused with your own assumptions, to be honest.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy