Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 02:08   Link #281
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
What this show actually gets serious? I thought it was another slapstick mahou show. I actually found this one entertaining. I don't know where all this fuss about low animation is about. It looks fine to me, much better than other shounen shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. so far. At least the art is consistent so far, with no deformed heads and limbs yet. The cat's voice is kind of weird, but I can get used to it.
A show like this never gets serious int he first episode, plot needs to be explained and build up. They wont go serious until they've explained the whole guild system and introduced the other characters, it is always like that
Later on it gets better though

I hope this show would turn into a long runner new shounen show. It could fit int he circle perfectly and int he long run could work out all quality lacks also
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:23   Link #282
blewin

Just watched the episode, and I'm impressed! Sure, it's not anything groundbreaking, but I was drawn in by the vibrant feeling and the crazy events in the story. Besides, I love fantasy type of setting. The story differs from typical fantasy plot of a party saving the world (I expect that plot to come later into the story though, but the beginning is good). The premise of individuals taking on jobs to earn money reminds me of Hunter x Hunter, and the ending of the first episode is similar to Rave Master's - got chased out of town!

The drawing here seems different from manga, and I'm happy with the change.

I think this anime will run for 50+ episodes just like Rave Master. They'll probably insert a lot of fillers here, but as long as they're fun, I don't mind.

Onto the next episode!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 03:15   Link #283
Joe_fh

I really don't think they'll be needing fillers for it to be 50 + episode. They have lots of things to cover aither way so fillers will be just a stupid thing to do. I seriously hope they'll change the animation expressions and go back to the manga character ones - even a bit will be a huge improvement.

And on onther note I really don't see how FT could be even remotly be called a clone of OP. Just can't see it. They are completely different. Some of the cahracters design might be a bit similar but the characters themselves are not. And the stories have nothing in common. Ok sure they both have that overused plot of someoene who's funny and kind of stupid go around on adventures with his friends seasrching for something but you can't seriously take that as s similarity between the two since it's a common setting for these kind of stories. And that's just the basic outline of the story. Once the arks develop they are really different in both series.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 03:36   Link #284
mazinken

If this series length is the same as rave then there is really not much hope for drastic improvement in terms of animation.

What a waste I really hoped that the animation would be on the same level as soul eater but it can't even compare to one piece and naruto 10 years ago their starter episode has better animation than this show.

Of course I can't comment on the characters designs as it was already over from the moment I saw the teasers.
mazinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 04:03   Link #285
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Seemed like a Rave Master v2 to me. And boy, was that series pointless. Having been told was is going on later in the manga, it will take over 100 episodes to get to something remotely interesting in the story... unless you consider random missions and lots of childish superpowers interesting.

So, I never had high hopes for this one. Maybe if it gets more epic / dark / serious after 100 episodes I will be interested. But if it is another Rave Master (50 episodes of nothing; aimed at 10 year olds) well, forget it.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 04:06   Link #286
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If this series length is the same as rave then there is really not much hope for drastic improvement in terms of animation.

What a waste I really hoped that the animation would be on the same level as soul eater but it can't even compare to one piece and naruto 10 years ago their starter episode has better animation than this show.

Of course I can't comment on the characters designs as it was already over from the moment I saw the teasers.
It's not the end of the world...

For now, FT doesn't have a main story, a goal. So Natsu isn't searching for anything and for all you know Lucy could be the protagonist.
Quote:
I really don't think they'll be needing fillers for it to be 50 + episode. They have lots of things to cover aither way so fillers will be just a stupid thing to do.
As a manga reader though, I can say that FT meets the conditions for a lot of filler, and every show eventually gets some so as not to catch up to the manga in the future. After watching the episode again, the voices fit in if you got no expectations beforehand, although the battle scenes do need a lot of work.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 05:15   Link #287
mazinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
For now, FT doesn't have a main story, a goal. So Natsu isn't searching for anything and for all you know Lucy could be the protagonist.
As a manga reader I can really tell you that Fairy Tail manga has it is own plot at this point and there were some hinting at the plot in the old chapters but this is not the place to dicuss the manga and it also does not change the fact that this anime is heading the same way as rave at being one of the worst shonen adaption.
Old 2009-10-13, 05:21   Link #288
Joe_fh

Quote:
As a manga reader though, I can say that FT meets the conditions for a lot of filler, and every show eventually gets some so as not to catch up to the manga in the future. After watching the episode again, the voices fit in if you got no expectations beforehand, although the battle scenes do need a lot of work.
Well it meets the conditions if you consider it will be ongoing like Bleach Naruto and OP. Otherwise there is no need for fillers. They can make do with the things they have for at least 70 episode and they can cut if off right after one of the arcs to make a season two later.

Of course the anime would probably look good to someone that has no idea about the manga and the characters but at least half the people watching it will have read the manga beforehand and well if you have it just looks bad. Most of the things that made FT interesting, epic and yet fun were those character designs and the way that they were drawn. here they are simplified and just look childish.

And the fight scenes....they weren't intense at all. Again there were somewhat like a joke. You didn't get the same feelings form Natsu as you did in the manga. It was just too plain, happy and colerfull. And the flow was really interupted with those seal thingies.

Well I guess they don't have the resource to make it as good as the manga or they just don't want to for some strange reason.

And for those of you that compare it to Rave Master - the mangaka is the same. I haven't watched the anime but the characters are similar and some are even used in FT. Though I do think that FT has an interesting plot and it's worth reading (the manga I mean)
Old 2009-10-13, 05:52   Link #289
mazinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
And for those of you that compare it to Rave Master - the mangaka is the same. I haven't watched the anime but the characters are similar and some are even used in FT. Though I do think that FT has an interesting plot and it's worth reading (the manga I mean)
I am only saying that Rave Master was giving a horrible adaption and I am worried that Fairy Tail will meet the same fate since the manga is very good and popular it should not be treated the same way as it was seen in this episode.

Also I don't know why people are happy with the character design so what if the manga design is close to one piece in the 70's and 80's many shows had the same character design and no one complaint.

For people who say that they want to see fillers IMHO no matter what putting filler is always bad thing and should not be added to any show if it is not necessary.

I know I sound harsh but you can't imagine how frustrated I am since I love the manga and hoped for the best when the anime was annouced at first and it seems to me that I better stick to the manga.
Old 2009-10-13, 06:52   Link #290
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Maybe for the manga reader this animation is horrible .
But for a no-reader . This show is good .
I can predict for each episode , Trolls comments .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 07:12   Link #291
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
For people who say that they want to see fillers IMHO no matter what putting filler is always bad thing and should not be added to any show if it is not necessary.
The FT side characters face a serious lack of development, which is its main weakness-it's always the same people starring, out of a huge crowd. Basic filler is enough to give them a persona and elaborate on their relationship, that's all.
Quote:
Also I don't know why people are happy with the character design
I think they're complaining about the facial expressions lacking feelings, not the designs.
Quote:
I love the manga and hoped for the best when the anime was annouced at first
If you ever decide to read Rosario+Vampire...don't touch the anime
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:33   Link #292
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I was mad when I heard Happy's voice. I always thought he'd sound a little older than a prepubescent child. That voice really doesn't suit him.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:36   Link #293
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Everyone has their own preference. Happy's voice is just what I imagined him based on his personality in the manga.
Old 2009-10-13, 09:09   Link #294
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
The FT side characters face a serious lack of development, which is its main weakness-it's always the same people starring, out of a huge crowd. Basic filler is enough to give them a persona and elaborate on their relationship, that's all.

I think they're complaining about the facial expressions lacking feelings, not the designs.
Nah, the designs in general are bad.

Compare Siegrain and Erza from the opening to the manga:

I mean, really? Anime Siegrain is too generic, and Erza's armory isn't nearly as detailed as drawn in the manga. Maybe it's just the opening stills that are off, but judging from the rest of the episode I kinda doubt it.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 11:03   Link #295
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

My only worry after this episode is that they'll use a lot of stock footage for casting spells, which could get really annoying really fast since they pretty much spam them later on in the series. Natsu got the same footage twice in this episode, and Lucy got something that looked fairly interchangeable as a summon animation too (up until the water part, obviously). If they keep that up it'll annoy me quite a bit.
lol you mean like what they do with Pokemon from time to time, it saves them money

you know I get the feeling that were gonna be seeing this in Cartoon network or Adult swim sometime next year

REMEMBER THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 11:31   Link #296
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I'm happy that Luffy's seiyuu is not the one who do Natsu, these series would be too much similar, not about the story and emotion but about the design. So if Natsu have the same voice as Luffy...
Well I don't really like Luffy's seiyuu anyway ...

About Siegrain, wow it looks a bit... ugly in anime? I don't like this character but I prefer the one in the manga. I would prefer a design like Sieg Hart from Rave anyway .
Old 2009-10-13, 11:42   Link #297
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Nah, the designs in general are bad.

Compare Siegrain and Erza from the opening to the manga:

I mean, really? Anime Siegrain is too generic, and Erza's armory isn't nearly as detailed as drawn in the manga. Maybe it's just the opening stills that are off, but judging from the rest of the episode I kinda doubt it.
Yeah Erza looks younger like 10 year younger than her manga counterpart, she doesn't look as mature looking.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 13:47   Link #298
Joe_fh

Forget mature looking at some places she doesn't even look like a girl O.o
Sure she can't be as detailed as in the manga but come on did they really have to make her that different? It's like that isn't Erza. And that's without taking the armor into account -which is way too plain and looks artificial. Seriously it's made from metal - it reflects light >.>

Let's hope they don't ruin her character completely by giving her a crappy voice which by the looks of things could happen.
Old 2009-10-13, 13:57   Link #299
NoLongerSane

I actually enjoyed this episode. I read and enjoy the manga and I did not mind of the anime's rendition towards the original source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK1412 View Post
lol you mean like what they do with Pokemon from time to time, it saves them money

you know I get the feeling that were gonna be seeing this in Cartoon network or Adult swim sometime next year

REMEMBER THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably Adult Swim or SyFy. It would probably show on Cartoon Network's earlier scheduals if the merchandise can be pandered to children. For some reason the animes that do make it on a regular schedule on that network are based on cards or transforming balls.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 14:28   Link #300
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The problem is purely budget, both studios are capable of doing some pretty decent animation. If the first episode has medicore animation, imagine what the next few episode would be like. Although I wouldn't rule out the possiblity of a budget upgrade 2 cours down the line, if this proves to be popular. From what I saw, I don't think it would have a high DVD sales (Bleach and Reborn have their armies of fangirls who would buy the DVD, Naruto and One Piece may be the most popular in Japan, but it doesn't have obessive fans who would buy the products without logic ), so it would need to gather a high TV ratings or popular enough to be imported to other countries (highest possibilty for a budget upgrade).

Untill this show proves it can have a medicore budget if I pick a random episode (If the first episode is any indicator, the next few episodes would have worst animation), then I might watch it...I'm not the biggest fan of long running show...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen