AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2009-05-28, 16:21   Link #41
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
wtach as our Haruhi look-a-like is actually completely different from the original- instead of being the crazy tsundere, she's a more quiet, subdued personality. I will laugh if she turns out to be like Asahina with a dash of Nagato... that would be awesome.
The way she's described in that article makes her sound like Haruhi already. Demanding personality, air of leadership, etc.

Like people here have said, it won't be nearly as bad if Aya Hirano isn't voicing her, but...

The sad part is I don't think it's intentional at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Like I said: all this based on pictures? It's like the kind of people who decide how an entire series will go based on the first episode.
Yup.

Anime fans have the propensity to judge things solely based on prerelease material.

This is the sole reason why Mio of K-On is popular, for example: Because fans decided they liked her character design before they even watched the show.

(God I hate K-On.)

In any case, like I said, this looks terrible, but so does Rewrite, and look who's writing THAT.

Excellent composer, director, and studio = excellent show. Or so we can hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
No Little Busters then.
The hell is with people saying that? Key has NOTHING to do with the production of KyoAni's adaptations.

This is all Key and A-1, apparently. Nothing done here is going to stop Little Busters from coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Maybe there's still school in Hell?
More likely they died while wearing their school uniforms.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-05-28 at 16:52.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 16:43   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The way she's described in that article makes her sound like Haruhi already. Demanding personality, air of leadership, etc.

Like people here have said, it won't be nearly as bad if Aya Hirano isn't voicing her, but...

The sad part is I don't think it's intentional at all.
Actually it looks more like people REALLY try hard to use Haruhi as the "bossy girl leader" universal image, despite we have this kind of archtype for some series. Haruhi label is way too sticked, and just because people see a slight common point just breaks it (as a honest point of view, I could only see a LB Saya with brown hair and very bright teal eyes).
Quote:
This is the sole reason why Mio of K-On is popular, for example: Because fans decided they liked her character design before they even watched the show.
I think you are exaggerating a lot: a good chunk of the fanbase "decided" AFTER the first episode.
In that case, YOU start deciding about what the fanbase is about. THat doesn't help much here.
Quote:
The hell is with people saying that? Key has NOTHING to do with the production of KyoAni's adaptations.

This is all Key and A-1, apparently. Nothing done here is going to stop Little Busters from coming out.
And who say it is all Key either? So far, it is about Maeda Jun, which is known to be somewhat a freelancer at times (be it in scripting or music composing).
That is to say, yes it will not have any impact on LB (possible) adaptation.
Old 2009-05-28, 16:50   Link #43
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And who say it is all Key either? So far, it is about Maeda Jun, which is known to be somewhat a freelancer at times (be it in scripting or music composing).
Orito and Na-Ga are involved in this too... it certainly LOOKS like a Key production regardless of whether or not it actually is.

Just sayin'.
Old 2009-05-28, 17:06   Link #44
Crisano

Quote:
Except that this image has the the Key logo on it.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 17:08   Link #45
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post
Except that this image has the the Key logo on it.
That too.

Also it's hosted on Key's website.
Old 2009-05-28, 17:22   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

and here comes the obvious completely overlooked OTZ.

The only "problem" I see here is: that can be a very peculiar lab test as there isn't any "original medium" *scratches head* (and I think Key is weirdly "healthy" to start such kind of business despite they aren't so hot in VN sellings).
Old 2009-05-28, 17:52   Link #47
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The only "problem" I see here is: that can be a very peculiar lab test as there isn't any "original medium" *scratches head* (and I think Key is weirdly "healthy" to start such kind of business despite they aren't so hot in VN sellings).
Original animated works can either end up awesome (Gurren Lagann), confusing but still pretty damn decent (Darker than Black, Xam'd), or downright terrible (half the stuff Sunrise makes).

Angel Beats has damned good people working on it. It should turn out "confusing but decent" at the least, but hey, you never know.
Old 2009-05-28, 22:27   Link #48
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
In any case, like I said, this looks terrible, but so does Rewrite, and look who's writing THAT.

Excellent composer, director, and studio = excellent show. Or so we can hope.
0_o how does Rewrite look terrible...compared to so many other VN out there is looks amazing to me. There isn't anything to base terrible on.... This doesn't look terrible either.

Quote:
Original animated works can either end up awesome (Gurren Lagann), confusing but still pretty damn decent (Darker than Black, Xam'd), or downright terrible (half the stuff Sunrise makes).

Angel Beats has damned good people working on it. It should turn out "confusing but decent" at the least, but hey, you never know.
Bones original works seem to be when it comes to making original works or adding on some original material.

Quote:
and here comes the obvious completely overlooked OTZ.

Key usually has quite good sales actually from what I have been noticing
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 22:42   Link #49
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
0_o how does Rewrite look terrible...compared to so many other VN out there is looks amazing to me. There isn't anything to base terrible on.... This doesn't look terrible either.
Rewrite's character designs are so horrifying generic it's almost painful to look at them. And the uniforms are... odd.

(Just my personal opinion.)

But then you have two masters of very, very strange and nontraditional stories working on it. So, yeah.

As for Angel Beats, well, the plot sounds... it honestly sounds like they're trying too hard. Add that to the line about the fight scenes being a major draw (Fight scenes alone do not a good anime make) and the possibly unintentional (somehow) Haruhi ripoff...

Yeah, not a good combination to me. But like I said, this is Key. They're fantastic.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-01-10 at 20:49.
Old 2009-05-28, 22:44   Link #50
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Rewrite's character designs are so horrifying generic it's almost painful to look at them. And the uniforms are... odd.

(Just my personal opinion.)

But then you have two masters of very, very strange and nontraditional stories working on it. So, yeah.

As for Angel Notes, well, the plot sounds... it honestly sounds like they're trying too hard. Add that to the line about the fight scenes being a major draw (Fight scenes alone do not a good anime make) and the possibly unintentional (somehow) Haruhi ripoff...

Yeah, not a good combination to me. But like I said, this is Key. They're fantastic.
I don't just judge a game baed on char. designs. I am more for plot-wise. To me, Rewrite is going fine...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 22:47   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't just judge a game baed on char. designs. I am more for plot-wise. To me, Rewrite is going fine...
Which is why I said LOOKS terrible.

Rewrite is going to be as amazing as every other Key game, I'm sure.
Old 2009-05-28, 23:03   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Which is why I said LOOKS terrible.

Rewrite is going to be as amazing as every other Key game, I'm sure.
It is true for the three main girls, I wished there was a bit more variety. Some of the secondary girls look more interesting like Luchia and Sizuru. As for the uniform I was expecting just Kotori to have it is does seem a bit overboard for them all to have that outfit. But this is Itaru and she loves that style ^-^"

I hope more male characters are added ^-^ I heard more cast is being added with Ryukishi aboard we may need more

seeing the other official page http://www.angelbeats.jp/ I wonder if ryukishi isn't involved or is this a type-moon kinda vibe >.> interesting either way. Maybe Yurippe will be like Rin?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 23:19   Link #53
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
seeing the other official page http://www.angelbeats.jp/ I wonder if ryukishi isn't involved or is this a type-moon kinda vibe >.> interesting either way. Maybe Yurippe will be like Rin?
Yurippe doesn't look anywhere near evil/lesbian/win enough to be like Rin.

And yeah, I noticed the blood...

Well, the entire cast IS dead...
Old 2009-05-28, 23:27   Link #54
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

And yeah, I noticed the blood...

Well, the entire cast IS dead...
Having murders/bloody deaths isn't bad either. (HIGURASHI FTW!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 23:35   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Personally I think it would be too early to pass judgements at this point of time since nothing has been out yet, other than the Haruhi/Nagato-lookalikes in the storyline.

Please let is be H-rated like Kanon/Air

Quote:
I will laugh at you if she turns out to be so.

Maybe she is a tone-death lesbian.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:38   Link #56
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Having murders/bloody deaths isn't bad either. (HIGURASHI FTW!)
What if they introduce new cast members by having them die, and then show up in the afterlife?

That would be EPIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Personally I think it would be too early to pass judgements at this point of time since nothing has been out yet, other than the Haruhi/Nagato-lookalikes in the storyline.

Please let is be H-rated like Kanon/Air
I fail to see how the other girl looks like Nagato.

And this is an anime. They're not going to make it H-rated.
Old 2009-05-29, 00:57   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've copied Aizu's post to the opening post. For further clarification, the tag [anime] is added to the thread title. Hopefully that reduces some confusion whether this title is a game or anime.

Just in case, this is anime.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 03:56   Link #58
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The official site is now opened.

http://www.angelbeats.jp/
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 10:25   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Only two character designs, both completely derivative. Interesting.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 12:35   Link #60
Kudryavka

Quote:
Actually it looks more like people REALLY try hard to use Haruhi as the "bossy girl leader" universal image, despite we have this kind of archtype for some series. Haruhi label is way too sticked, and just because people see a slight common point just breaks it (as a honest point of view, I could only see a LB Saya with brown hair and very bright teal eyes).
Seriously? When I first saw the original pic, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Haruhi Suzumiya". Brown shoulder length hair, a uniform with a white sweater and blue (not-plaid, as is uncommon in character designs) skirt, and a pose that looks a bit like the cover of the beginning of that series we all know.
That was my first impression, anyway. I was surprised to see that other people shared my opinion.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key