AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-06, 14:10   Link #14441
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^ He can't get Misaka to help because Misaka is an esper and the whole reason he is asked to do these things is that he isn't an esper so him fighting magicians would just create tension. Misaka, such a high up esper fighting a magician, would be very bad. Also Misaka isn't all that powerful. As an esper yes she is strong but on the world stage she's only about mid-tier
Hm didn't Accelerator fight some magicians in Russia? And sure she isn't at a saint level but she we would quite a good addition in any fight. I reckon she would wreck magicians at Styls level since her electricity is way to fast to react to unless you don't have saint level reactions or some kind of premonition. For example she went head-to-head against Mixcoatl and Xiuhcoatl.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-10-06, 14:19   Link #14442
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
Hm didn't Accelerator fight some magicians in Russia? And sure she isn't at a saint level but she we would quite a good addition in any fight. I reckon she would wreck magicians at Styls level since her electricity is way to fast to react to unless you don't have saint level reactions or some kind of premonition. For example she went head-to-head against Mixcoatl and Xiuhcoatl.
Accel isn't exactly known as an easily controlled factor, Crowley could write off his interference rather easily, plus that was during war time, where it was basically science vs magic. As long as the general public had no idea espers were fighting, it was fine.
Old 2011-10-06, 14:24   Link #14443
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm a super heavy moeblob type B otaku and crazy Misaka-fan and I can still say that this guy is completely off the mark especially about the powerful thing and Someone to balance out the fact his only allies are magic based, not esper based.. Even though he didn't read the novel, it's still *facepalm* a shame for the moeblob community. Ok I got it ... I'll sincerely vote for Birdway
Old 2011-10-06, 14:27   Link #14444
Heppokomaru

Quote:
Accelerator's god-tier. Mixcoatl's just a plane made out of wood, cloth and obsidian. I'm sure that Misaka can wreck some magicians but I'd don't think she could handle what Touma deals with on a weekly basis. I think that Misaka needs to prove that she's capable of fighting against a high-leveled professional magician.
Old 2011-10-06, 15:04   Link #14445
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
When Accelerator fought the war had already started (and Touma didn't ask him to). I'm not saying Misaka wouldn't be useful it's just Touma mainly fights high-tier magicians in situations where an esper getting involved would be a bad idea. He did have her help fight the mooks in the academy city invasion arc. I just think it would have been ridiculous for him to go to her to help when there are several magicians that are more powerful, whose involvement isn't dangerous, happy to help him. Besides magic is a secret, he can't just go blurting it out to everybody he meets.
Old 2011-10-06, 16:54   Link #14446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppokomaru View Post
Accelerator's god-tier. Mixcoatl's just a plane made out of wood, cloth and obsidian. I'm sure that Misaka can wreck some magicians but I'd don't think she could handle what Touma deals with on a weekly basis. I think that Misaka needs to prove that she's capable of fighting against a high-leveled professional magician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
When Accelerator fought the war had already started (and Touma didn't ask him to). I'm not saying Misaka wouldn't be useful it's just Touma mainly fights high-tier magicians in situations where an esper getting involved would be a bad idea. He did have her help fight the mooks in the academy city invasion arc. I just think it would have been ridiculous for him to go to her to help when there are several magicians that are more powerful, whose involvement isn't dangerous, happy to help him. Besides magic is a secret, he can't just go blurting it out to everybody he meets.

...What ?

Four members of God's Right Seat, 1 Member of Royal Family, 1 Alchemist = 6, all of which he had help.

Stiyl
Tsuchimikado
Etzali
Sherry
Tatemiya
Agnese
Oriana
Biagio Busoni
Lessar

So I'll call it about even.... This isn't even counting the SP novels or the drama CDs.
Old 2011-10-06, 17:57   Link #14447
Heppokomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...What ?

Four members of God's Right Seat, 1 Member of Royal Family, 1 Alchemist = 6, all of which he had help.

Stiyl
Tsuchimikado
Etzali
Sherry
Tatemiya
Agnese
Oriana
Biagio Busoni
Lessar

So I'll call it about even.... This isn't even counting the SP novels or the drama CDs.
I'm pretty sure Touma fought against Vento alone.
Old 2011-10-06, 17:59   Link #14448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppokomaru View Post
I'm pretty sure Touma fought against Vento alone.
Indirectly, he had Fuse=Kazakiri's help, not only with the Imaginary Number District that weakened Vento, but also her power to protect the unconscious civilians allowing Touma to go all out without having to worry about collateral damage.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:07   Link #14449
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
...What ?

Stiyl
Tsuchimikado
Etzali
Sherry
Tatemiya
Agnese
Oriana
Biagio Busoni
Lessar

If were talking about how strong she is is comparison to others in the magic side, she's still only high mid tier at best.

Fiamma
Index (Pen Mode)
Crowley
Carissa
Acqua of the Back
Aureolus Izzard
The Knight Leader
Queen Elizard
Vento
Ollerus
Mjölnir
Brunhild Eikdopr
Etzali
Laura
Vasilissa
The Angels
The Saints
Possibly Birdway
That french lady

And a few more are all stronger than her.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:12   Link #14450
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
If were talking about how strong she is is comparison to others in the magic side, she's still only high mid tier at best.
...But we're not.

I'm dispelling the illusion that somehow Kamijou is fighting broken people every other week when in truth there's only a handful of those.

Btw, a good number of those people have lost their broken-ness.
Old 2011-10-06, 21:05   Link #14451
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm dispelling the illusion that somehow Kamijou is fighting broken people every other week when in truth there's only a handful of those.
Well, actually..... When you consider that it's only been like five months in the regular novels..... It does seem like every other week
Old 2011-10-06, 21:12   Link #14452
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Acqua was beat for what I regard as a full moment of Plot induced stupidity and a bit of deux ex machina... really having a special spell against saints, Touma appering on the last moment to negate Divine mother mercy.

Hell during the civil was Touma was scared shitless of Acqua, hell I don't think I have hear him narrate so much fear for any other character.
Old 2011-10-06, 21:26   Link #14453
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Acqua was beat for what I regard as a full moment of Plot induced stupidity and a bit of deux ex machina... really having a special spell against saints, Touma appering on the last moment to negate Divine mother mercy.
We already know that Anti-Saint magic exist otherwise they would be less worried about the [Stab Sword]

Quote:
Hell during the civil was Touma was scared shitless of Acqua, hell I don't think I have hear him narrate so much fear for any other character.
He's as afraid of Aqua as much he's afraid of a hungry Index, or paying the bills of Buckingham palace, or a drunken mother, or a stripping woman--

Wait, this topic is not about whose favorite character is stronger
Old 2011-10-06, 21:36   Link #14454
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I want one of those hats of Index biting my head :P
Old 2011-10-07, 09:14   Link #14455
ellifeedn
Thinker

Chapter 7 of the Kanzaki SS is finished and part 1 of chapter 8 is done.
Old 2011-10-07, 12:52   Link #14456
desrtsku
Nympholept

Railgun chap 44 is out and there's something that might be
Spoiler for hahahaha:
in there, niahahaha Kamachi-san you morron!!!
Old 2011-10-07, 19:36   Link #14457
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I want one of those hats of Index biting my head :P
Masochist :P
Old 2011-10-09, 16:00   Link #14458
Breidaluk

Parts 2 and 3 of Kanzaki SS are out and..... wait, there is a hat of Index biting?!
Old 2011-10-09, 16:48   Link #14459
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Parts 2 and 3 of Kanzaki SS are out and..... wait, there is a hat of Index biting?!
Behold! The Future!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-09, 17:46   Link #14460
ellifeedn
Thinker

There's a Gekota mask?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen