AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 23:08   Link #6881
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Guys, remember that Campiones gets authorities from Gods, in other words just abilities from them. They get a slice of the pie not the entire pie is what the Southern States of the U.S. would say. If Campiones do get all abilities of a God, it is going to have restriction on usage like Godou.
True.

Still, to some extent Campione's have one advantage against Gods. They can obtain a lot of different authorities, that come from drastically different myths, while a heretic god's abilities are restricted to the myths that "gave birth to them", and can't obtain new abilities as easily as a Campione - naturally, assuming that they don't have an authority that allows them to steal authorities from others, like Circe did.

After all, from what I remember, there hasn't been anything stated about the existence of a limit in the number of authorities that a Campione can obtain from the Gods that Campione has defeated.

The only limitation that I see, is the fact that, if a Campione beats, quite a lot of gods, he becomes a lot more famous - meaning that Heretic God's try to avoid the territories in where that Campione lives - to avoid being defeated.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 23:48   Link #6882
Yye1
Wide Right

One more day b4 vol 14 is released!!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 23:58   Link #6883
Yami no Ou
まおう

@Chris I don't get the avoiding of territories part,I mean Heretic Gods are quite prideful they won't avoid a fight against a Campione and the stronger they are the better
Old 2013-05-23, 00:12   Link #6884
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
@Chris I don't get the avoiding of territories part,I mean Heretic Gods are quite prideful they won't avoid a fight against a Campione and the stronger they are the better
Well Voban did mention that heretic gods were beginning to avoid him. Still, thats only the weaker ones, and the benefits from fighting a weaker opponent would be marginal.

The stronger ones literally can't even picture losing. After all, the ego is directly tied to their power.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 00:28   Link #6885
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well Voban did mention that heretic gods were beginning to avoid him. Still, thats only the weaker ones, and the benefits from fighting a weaker opponent would be marginal.

The stronger ones literally can't even picture losing. After all, the ego is directly tied to their power.
I get it now thank you,now I remember that part when Voban said that,I guess I should really re-read now to avoid confusion
Old 2013-05-23, 12:19   Link #6886
Chris38

Read some chinese spoilers about volume 14, posted on BT: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...t=5813#p185441

and it seems, like...

Spoiler for Major Volume 14, spoilers obviously:
Old 2013-05-23, 12:35   Link #6887
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:41   Link #6888
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 14:
Old 2013-05-23, 13:04   Link #6889
bludvein

Spoiler for time authority:

Spoiler for vol 14:
Old 2013-05-23, 13:10   Link #6890
Chris38

Quote:

Spoiler for vol 14:
Spoiler for volume 14 end:
Old 2013-05-23, 14:10   Link #6891
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Could you quote that?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 14:33   Link #6892
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Could you quote that?
It's from the fight with Son Goku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPlutoSmith
"There is something that has intrigued me for quite some time... For gods like you, strength and divine authority is not always proportional to how well-known you are, and there are times when minor gods show greater resilience than half-assed major gods. What is the cause of such disparity... I believe that now is a good opportunity to find out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuoHao
"Remember this well. What decides the strength of [Heretic Gods], is neither how great or powerful they were in the original myths, nor how widespread is their fame. The key to their strength lies in their unshakable ego."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPlutoSmith
"As expected for gods who suffer from a lack of distinct ego, even if they are able to make full use of their powers, they are missing the kind of tenacious power that overcomes stalemates and losing situations. Dare I say, this is exactly as I imagined it?"
Old 2013-05-23, 14:46   Link #6893
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Could you quote that?
Which part? Im assuming you meant about heretic gods avoiding Voban, but if you meant the other the guy above already posted the relevant ones.

Quote:
"I was extremely bored that time, and was trying to get a good hunt, however, I seem to have become a little too famous, and the [Heretical Gods] are not coming out. Unwilling to show themselves to me, this has been one of my headaches."
-Voban, Vol2Chap4
Old 2013-05-23, 17:39   Link #6894
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler Response:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 17:39   Link #6895
Yami no Ou
まおう

vol 14 events are really interesting,Doni is surely a troublemaker LOL
Old 2013-05-23, 18:14   Link #6896
haseo0408

I find it difficult that Cronos could give an Authtority for time travel because Godou already fought it under the name of Saturnus which is his roman counterpart. I think the time travel could come from the Fates or Chronos the personification of time of the greek pantheon.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 18:22   Link #6897
blade82

can someone post the cover or some illustrations of vol14 please
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 18:22   Link #6898
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I find it difficult that Cronos could give an Authtority for time travel because Godou already fought it under the name of Saturnus which is his roman counterpart. I think the time travel could come from the Fates or Chronos the personification of time of the greek pantheon.
No, its not difficult nor easy, well lets say an impossibility to get a specific type of authority. The authorities works like a lottery, a lottery that you win every single time and unpredictable. For example if, what if Godou battled Midas (Gold of God), it doesn't mean Godou will get the power to turn everything to Gold.
Old 2013-05-23, 18:29   Link #6899
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
No, its not difficult nor easy, well lets say an impossibility to get a specific type of authority. The authorities works like a lottery, a lottery that you win every single time and unpredictable. For example if, what if Godou battled Midas (Gold of God), it doesn't mean Godou will get the power to turn everything to Gold.
With that kind of Authority he wouldn´t have to do part-time ever again!. Now that we´re talking about Authorities, it´s mentioned that the reason Godou didn´t get the Authorities of Perseus, Son Wukong and Lancelot is beacause the Magic Holy Grail absorved them all, that means that if the Grail is destroyed Godou would get those Authorities? They rightfully his after all.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 18:31   Link #6900
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
With that kind of Authority he wouldn´t have to do part-time ever again!. Now that we´re talking about Authorities, it´s mentioned that the reason Godou didn´t get the Authorities of Perseus, Son Wukong and Lancelot is beacause the Magic Holy Grail absorved them all, that means that if the Grail is destroyed Godou would get those Authorities? They rightfully his after all.
Well not Perseus because Doni killed him first (I imagine Pandora puffing her cheeks and throwing a tantrum that Doni can't do that), Sun Wukong because it was the collective effort to bring him down by 3 Campiones, and well Lancelot.......you got that right.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem