AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-26, 16:19   Link #5781
Samari
World's Greatest

Who dat got it better than us?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 17:12   Link #5782
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
If it wasn't for fantasy football, I'd probably be far less emotionally invested in the NFL, as the NFL experience, as a fan, is far less gripping to me.
It's week 12 -- and I've only won 3 times. It's been a sad Fantasy year for me. To win this week, I need a 2 TD and 100+ yard game out of Jonathan Stewart. That ain't gonna happen...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:21   Link #5783
GDB

I just need Bryce Brown to get less than 7.3 points. That's all I need to win this week. Come on, Panthers!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 20:11   Link #5784
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I just need Bryce Brown to get less than 7.3 points. That's all I need to win this week. Come on, Panthers!
Yea! Go Panthers!

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 21:57   Link #5785
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

We really need to get an animesuki fantasy league next season.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 22:21   Link #5786
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
I know another forum where people might be also be interested. We can also up the ante by having all teams being named USFL teams.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 05:40   Link #5787
sky black swordman

Quote:
Technically there is one already or more like there was one.
Here are the posts for it. Here and here.
You were just to late sign up for it.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-11-28 at 06:59.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 09:22   Link #5788
Samari
World's Greatest

Mr. Brees, meet Mr. Brooks.

Spoiler:

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-27, 11:17   Link #5789
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Mr. Brees, meet Mr. Brooks.

Spoiler:
Yeah, he's the LB you don't hear much about, because he gets so overshadowed by Willis, Bowman, and Aldon.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 18:07   Link #5790
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Yeah, he's the LB you don't hear much about, because he gets so overshadowed by Willis, Bowman, and Aldon.
Which I don't understand. He's a very good Pro Bowl-level OLB. The media is just barely starting to mention his name with the other three.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-27, 18:14   Link #5791
Samari
World's Greatest

Donte Whitner pick six. Poor Colston got knocked the **** out on the play.

Spoiler:

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-28, 13:06   Link #5792
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ray Rice's play to save Baltimore would have to be in the top few plays of the year, surely. Yeah, San Diego were stupid, but Rice made at least 5 yards more on that play than most Rbs would.

And after this weekend, I am more convinced Tennessee, Buffalo and Oakland will cut their coaches. Particularly Tennessee since they cut their OC.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:13   Link #5793
sky black swordman

^ I still don't think Oakland will cut their head coach. Like I said before they may give a pass this year, but then again if the Raiders still continue to lose at this rate and by a lot of points(20+ or more) then I think they may be open to cuttting him. One thing is for sure is that OC and DC as well as a few other coaches on the team will be cut.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:44   Link #5794
Samari
World's Greatest

Oakland should have never fired Hue Jackson. They seem to have gotten worse. Weird, if Jason Campbell didn't get hurt last season they may have had a chance.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-28, 17:53   Link #5795
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I unfortunately don't think Buffalo will be cutting their coach either. The GM has already stated Gailey will be back next year. Though I guess that could change depending on how the rest of the season goes. They've been stressing a new emphasis on consistency and implying that the previous frequent coaching and quarterback changes have been part of the problem - that almost sounds like they have a point, but when the team has played this badly under this current regime, while other teams like Atlanta and San Francisco have shown how drastically a team can improve basically immediately after a regime change, it does little to convince me that keeping this coach or quarterback is anything but a terrible idea.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:33   Link #5796
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Oakland should have never fired Hue Jackson. They seem to have gotten worse. Weird, if Jason Campbell didn't get hurt last season they may have had a chance.
Well the Raiders he(Hue Jackson) led score points and won games, but the Oakland Raiders also broke the record for most penalties in a NFL season and the Raiders also had a problem closing out game. Their were few games they let go in which they had the led in. The Defence was also pretty bad too.
That's true I guess. Things did go south after Campbell got hurt.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:54   Link #5797
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The moment I heard about the Carson Palmer trade last year, I kept wondering 'TWO first round draft picks?!' I know Oakland were desperate for a QB at the time to replace the injured Campbell, but...they threw away two shots at decent players for the future vs a VERY short term investment...and when this trade didnt get them in the playoffs last year and has them floundering this year, one wonders how long it will take Oakland to overcome the damage.

The reason I think Buffalo shouldn't retain Gailey is that for quite a while now, Gailey has publically displayed he doesn't have the confidence to make them a winning team. There's clearly a considerable amount of dissent in that locker room after the Steve Johnson blowup. But what irks me most about them is that they get into the position to win so many times this year, but Gailey can't construct winning drives for them time and time again.

As for Tennessee, Bud Adams has been very vocal lately. And when the OC gets culled already, Munchiak is on notice.

Looks like the Colts will make the playoffs at this rate. 7-4 already - what a difference a year and a #1 pick makes.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:14   Link #5798
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The moment I heard about the Carson Palmer trade last year, I kept wondering 'TWO first round draft picks?!' I know Oakland were desperate for a QB at the time to replace the injured Campbell, but...they threw away two shots at decent players for the future vs a VERY short term investment...and when this trade didnt get them in the playoffs last year and has them floundering this year, one wonders how long it will take Oakland to overcome the damage.

Looks like the Colts will make the playoffs at this rate. 7-4 already - what a difference a year and a #1 pick makes.
First, I was as shocked and surprised as you, when I heard the Raiders gave up 2 first rounders for Palmer.
But at that time the AFC West was (IMO) Raiders to take, I mean Denver had QB starter problems and Rivers was declining and KC....well you get what I am getting at.
To honest I wonder myself about that.

And I don't think Luck can take the Colts very far even if they do make the playoffs.
I am not saying he is a bad player, but I wonder he deal with the pressure that comes with doing well in the playoffs.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-11-28 at 21:26.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 22:28   Link #5799
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well the Raiders he(Hue Jackson) led score points and won games, but the Oakland Raiders also broke the record for most penalties in a NFL season and the Raiders also had a problem closing out game. Their were few games they let go in which they had the led in. The Defence was also pretty bad too.
That's true I guess. Things did go south after Campbell got hurt.
I would rather have the penalties problem (which is random from year to year so leading in penalties given up or prevented essentially means nothing) than what they are dealing with now. The defense needed work, but the offense looked a lot better under Campbell and Hue Jackson. The Oakland front office pushed the panic button. I will say that Jackson should have never made that trade for Carson Palmer, who has was clearly not worth what they gave up for him.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-28, 22:40   Link #5800
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Another thing is that McFadden was one of the most beastly RBs in the elague last season. This season... whatever offense Oakland is running this year just doesn't work for him at all.

Something I heard last night that surprised me - Aaron Rodgers is now the most sacked QB this season... We talk about teams with OL problems like Chicago, Philadelphia and Arizona. Well, seems like Green Bay is just as deficient in that area.

Tags
american football, sports