AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2009-12-24, 00:06   Link #1361
x512dev

Send a message via AIM to x512dev
So wait, what exactly is the deal with the family relations WRT Makoto's father and Sekai and Setsuna?

I didn't know School Days was part of a line of games before it. Were the same characters present and do those relationships carry over to School Days and its sequels now too?

(In the games at least. The SD anime seems to have ignored any incest and just focused on it's own story)

I'm asking because I just saw this mentioned on the TVTropes page for School Days (look under "Luke I Am Your Father") and it wasn't really explained and I couldn't find much more information on the subject...
x512dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 23:08   Link #1362
x512dev

Send a message via AIM to x512dev
Nobody's sure?
Also I heard there was like a whole line of games before School Days, in addition to the ones after it (Summer Days and Cross Days). How are they interrelated?
x512dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:33   Link #1363
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Actually that's only a relationship chart. There wasn't a single eroge about Makoto's father and his "harem". If there were the chart itself wouldn't have created such a big shock to many of the fans.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 21:01   Link #1364
Socke
Banned

Not to troll this thread but I just puzzled why this stupid show deserved a sub-forum in this place.

Yes people loves it shock values but "shocking" is not a ticket for that honor. School Days is an anime which loved for a stupid reason.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 10:16   Link #1365
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

In very few words: it garnered the honor of having a sub-forum because of the amount of posts. 'Nuff said.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 22:29   Link #1366
Nowusee
Total Coolness

Just read this and the ending is so sad!
Old 2010-03-14, 07:51   Link #1367
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Honestly, it was something that is not rewatchable, mainly because Makoto was is a douche. Give it a year or two and it will be among those forgettable... or worse... forgotten anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 10:49   Link #1368
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

This is a 2007 anime, dude. Already almost three years old, and people are still talking about it.

Old 2010-03-14, 13:34   Link #1369
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Honestly, it was something that is not rewatchable, mainly because Makoto was is a douche. Give it a year or two and it will be among those forgettable... or worse... forgotten anime.
Like Beto said, School Days is pretty dated already. Actually, this anime is unforgettable because of the same exact reasons you hate it for.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 18:23   Link #1370
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Couldn't have put it better myself. Love it or hate it, this show isn't really something to simply watch and discard. It bears some sort of reaction, I think...

Old 2010-03-15, 00:24   Link #1371
velvet nightmare

im actually interested in the reason why the director chose that specific ending to the anime when there were so many others in the game.

unless it was just for the shock value and they needed something to catch people off guard, ie the romance part that sucked a lot of people in
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 22:47   Link #1372
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shock value? You said it. I felt like my mind was raped by the staff when I saw the ending. And that's just one screenshot. It felt like it was implanted in my brain and can't unsee it. D:

I hated School Days because of their approach to the denoument, but I think many people just ROFL on the same part. The tough ones... >_>
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:53   Link #1373
Dr. Casey

Well, the bad end was also a logical end considering that the entire anime was meant to portray a progressive downward slide, with each episode just a bit worse than the last (Even during the early parts before the show really changes tone during episode three's closing moments).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 00:57   Link #1374
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
while the ending (though tasteless and abrupt) and makoto's awful character make the series memorable, the lack of a plot development and character development made this show pretty mediocre in the end.

while the downward slide was apparent, it was poorly executed. my detachment towards most of the characters made it difficult to get into the story.
Amazinasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 08:29   Link #1375
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No plot and character development? The characters were the same at the beginning and ending? I mean, really?

Old 2010-03-23, 16:49   Link #1376
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

ok ok there was a plot, but it was just way over the top for my enjoyment. yeah the characters definitely changed between the beginning and end of the series, but the changes themselves were not developed properly. many of the characters' actions were pretty unfounded and even unrealistic at times.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-23, 17:21   Link #1377
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, your beef with Makoto's preposterous actions could be leveled up towards a very large portion of humanity, both male and female. Cheating and reveling in it are not really some unheard of things.

And yes, you probably are confusing plot development with your own personal dislike of the characters and the setting in wich they are involved. But that's ok. You don't really have to like every show you watch.

Old 2010-03-23, 17:57   Link #1378
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, your beef with Makoto's preposterous actions could be leveled up towards a very large portion of humanity, both male and female. Cheating and reveling in it are not really some unheard of things.

And yes, you probably are confusing plot development with your own personal dislike of the characters and the setting in wich they are involved. But that's ok. You don't really have to like every show you watch.
thanks for being agreeable. it could just be that i haven't been in contact with people who would do such a thing. i'm thankful that i don't know any people that are as unscrupulous as makoto.

i know i didn't really like the characters, but how do you feel about them?
Old 2010-03-23, 18:53   Link #1379
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I found most of the characters refreshing (yes, even Makoto - I loved "hating" him), in a genre not really known for being so "frank". I mean, really, most adversarial conflicts in romantic comedy-type animes are really not overtly bad. Simply... misunderstood or not beyond salvation. This anime showed a side of the relationships not really seen all that much in this kind of series. I liked it for that, I guess.

And, yes, you can count yourself lucky for not knowing people like that. I, for one, cannot.

Old 2010-03-23, 19:02   Link #1380
Dr. Casey

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2010-03-23 at 19:55.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere