AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-20, 15:20   Link #641
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Not so fast......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD View Post
Seriously, think in the relation of both characters and timing: it's just impossible plus it has no sense.

Spoiler:

Even though I'm not into romance, I enjoyed the series a lot and got to like all the characters. I'd really like a 2nd season to come out, but I doubt it will. I get the feeling that the end was rushed, maybe because the series didn't get enough audience . Hope I'm wrong.
I believe Suguru was being "economical with the truth" for Tenko's benefit.
My explanation on why below:

Spoiler:

At least that's the way I see it.
Old 2006-10-20, 21:57   Link #642
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Suguru was originally a human. Somewhat in the course of after leaving Fumiko, he may have had died, and became an angel despite that - his situation was relatively understandable. At the time he had died, he may have produced Tenko with another angel, and Tenko was adopted by the Kamisama family. I don't know the mechanics of producing offspring in heaven, but basing from the Kamisama family, it is very possible.

Now, Suguru has two children. Since Kumiko and Fumiko have gone to the dark side, it would have been pretty hard for him to help them - so he attempted to protect his other child seeing the imminent danger.

That's how I personally see it. I guess that part of the show is very open to speculation, but that's how I see it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:35   Link #643
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Suguru was originally a human. Somewhat in the course of after leaving Fumiko, he may have had died, and became an angel despite that - his situation was relatively understandable. At the time he had died, he may have produced Tenko with another angel, and Tenko was adopted by the Kamisama family. I don't know the mechanics of producing offspring in heaven, but basing from the Kamisama family, it is very possible.

Now, Suguru has two children. Since Kumiko and Fumiko have gone to the dark side, it would have been pretty hard for him to help them - so he attempted to protect his other child seeing the imminent danger.

That's how I personally see it. I guess that part of the show is very open to speculation, but that's how I see it.

It doesn't quite make sense if the Suguru is the father of both. Remember, Fumiko did meet Suguru one time and she went 'eh, it's su-chan' in a bored way. Now, if Suguru was the father of Kumiko, AKA the person who deserted Fumiko and caused her to become a demon, don't you think Fumiko would have had a much bigger reaction? Like say...wanting to kill him.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 04:16   Link #644
Myname

Is the OST out yet (or will it ever)?

And to anyone that reads the novels. Just wondering, what happens after the end of the anime? Like what do they do now (Everyday school life?, New mysteries to solve?) and is there a new antagonist? I'm sure there is... I don't mind spoilers cause I doubt I'll be reading the novels anytime soon or hope for a second season...
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 06:38   Link #645
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Is the OST out yet (or will it ever)?
Am waiting too I am in love with that Music Box Tune ... dont even know whats it called . The melody is like a mirror into Tenko's heart .

I will stop am getting too mushy =)
Old 2006-10-22, 06:58   Link #646
NeoSam

Volume 2 of Kamisama Kazoku manga will be released tomorrow (23/10/2006)

Cover of volume 2:

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Flapper.
Old 2006-10-22, 07:57   Link #647
night train

Post deleted cause I found what I was looking for after all.

Last edited by night train; 2006-10-22 at 08:23.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 10:08   Link #648
Samataro

Thumbs up

Just finished watching, and this's definitely going to be one of my all-time favorites

Tenko = <3 4ever~

Hope there'll be a second season or some sort of follow-up. Lots of thanks to the subbers!

"Life is something that can be started over - redone any number of times - and all it takes is to ask."
Samataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 13:04   Link #649
Ptolemi
Banned

I liked watching it until the last episode.

Things that happened that should not have:

Sam turned out to be a panzy. I was waiting for him to whip-out a sword and beat the living crap out of Fumiko, but his power is "persuasion".... wtf kind of bs is that?

There was no violence.

No hot making out scene.

The reset was way too generic.

Tenko didn't get hit by a car and die.

This is more of the type of anime to waste time between shows, but an ok watch in the end. I give it a 6/10
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 16:03   Link #650
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

It was a rushed ending....
but i liked that anime...
weird
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:27   Link #651
Pakxenon
popcorn

I finally got around to finish this.

Nicu ending!~ I loved "the power of persuasion!". Very rushed but satisfyingly, with all the facts presented, well-done ending. It was redeeming after what seemed like 4 nearly-decent episodes, as well as the freezing problem I was encountered with during the last 3 or so episodes (the animation kept freezing on me while the audio was still running, so I kept missing subs and scenes).

I'm predicting that I'll give this a 7/10 (needs to write a review for it).
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 02:22   Link #652
tritoch

Any news on the damn OST? I want those piano pieces played every episode.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 02:51   Link #653
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

^ SECONDED!

Funny how the series is finished long time ago yet still no news about it. =SS
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 08:59   Link #654
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Ptolemi: when did ANY anime have any "hot making out scene"? We got a kiss,
which is all we ever seem to get out of these things unless you're looking at
hentai stuff.
Old 2006-11-12, 05:52   Link #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Ptolemi: when did ANY anime have any "hot making out scene"? We got a kiss,
which is all we ever seem to get out of these things unless you're looking at
hentai stuff.
I don't know what you've been watching, but from what I've seen, most H-anime goes way beyond just "hot making out scene."

Aside from regulation, I think it's because watching people make out is not very interesting by itself. Basically making out is the same as foreplay, except the former doesn't immediately lead to sex. So, I'd rather watch the whole thing instead of stopping in the middle, and I assume this is true for most people as well.

Furthermore, make out scenes are not very good plot devices, either. A simple kiss or (implied) sex is enough to establish the context and invoke an emotional response from the audience. Again, it is at the awkward middle where it either takes too much screen time (compared to a kiss) or doesn't pack as much a punch (compared to sex scenes).

I believe this is pretty much true for all forms of fiction, not just anime. The one exception I can think of would be teen movies. Since the pattern there is ones first sexual experience, a make out scene definitely would fit somewhere along the story. Come to think of it, is there an anime that follows the teen movie template?

Anyway, the closest thing I recall to a "hot making out scene" is in KareKano. What you see is Anima & Yukino passionately making out, but it's pretty clear that they're really having sex; Gainax just can't show it.
Old 2007-01-12, 17:22   Link #656
blahdida

where did you get the image for the light novels? i really want to find scan of the original ones(<3 the original art style not the new ones that came out, those are fugly)
blahdida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 17:58   Link #657
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am waiting for the second season , will they continue where it left off the first time . And with additional charas second season will be muchos intresting .
Old 2007-01-12, 21:49   Link #658
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 052569 View Post
I don't know what you've been watching, but from what I've seen, most H-anime goes way beyond just "hot making out scene."

Aside from regulation, I think it's because watching people make out is not very interesting by itself. Basically making out is the same as foreplay, except the former doesn't immediately lead to sex. So, I'd rather watch the whole thing instead of stopping in the middle, and I assume this is true for most people as well.

Furthermore, make out scenes are not very good plot devices, either. A simple kiss or (implied) sex is enough to establish the context and invoke an emotional response from the audience. Again, it is at the awkward middle where it either takes too much screen time (compared to a kiss) or doesn't pack as much a punch (compared to sex scenes).

I believe this is pretty much true for all forms of fiction, not just anime. The one exception I can think of would be teen movies. Since the pattern there is ones first sexual experience, a make out scene definitely would fit somewhere along the story. Come to think of it, is there an anime that follows the teen movie template?

Anyway, the closest thing I recall to a "hot making out scene" is in KareKano. What you see is Anima & Yukino passionately making out, but it's pretty clear that they're really having sex; Gainax just can't show it.
Nana has quite a few scenes. Nana and Ren pretty spend all their time making out or having sex when they are together.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 21:55   Link #659
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I am waiting for the second season , will they continue where it left off the first time . And with additional charas second season will be muchos intresting .
Wait wait wait...SECOND SEASON?! WHOA!
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 00:01   Link #660
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
Wait wait wait...SECOND SEASON?! WHOA!
Yep there is a second season and its already started airing from Jan 6 .

New winter Anime.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen