AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 22:30   Link #1221
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Are you expecting Kyon to be with his ''bored face'' every day? The 8 first novel cover a year but, there are much more undescribed day than described day, the days when Haruhi is not doing her antics might be quite enjoyable. For the smilling man, don't forget than kyon pay more caution to Nagato after Vol 4. For the girl,Iwonder which word is used in the original ( japanese) text.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 23:08   Link #1222
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Normally, no. However part of writing is hiding your source material. What better way to show Kyon without a clear hint of his normally bored face?
That's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Are you expecting Kyon to be with his ''bored face'' every day? The 8 first novel cover a year but, there are much more undescribed day than described day, the days when Haruhi is not doing her antics might be quite enjoyable. For the smilling man, don't forget than kyon pay more caution to Nagato after Vol 4. For the girl,Iwonder which word is used in the original ( japanese) text.
He DOES look that way every day though. He's naturally deadpan.

And just because he pays more attention to Nagato does not mean that he is smiling more at her.

I guess we'll get some answers when Editor-in-Chief is animated.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 05:05   Link #1223
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I don't know is my brain is all foggy or not , but I thought of something 5 minute after waking up; if the smilling man was the student counsil president the girl would be Kimidori and the coffin her usual life in the SOS birgade?
Old 2008-06-20, 07:04   Link #1224
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Heres a thought. Since vol.10 of the Haruhi novels will reveal the sliders, anyone anticipating that the SOS Brigade might get a new member, who is a slider?

I know that Itsuki and Mikuru have rival groups going after Haruhi, so the same could be said for the sliders. Some with the intention of good and some with the intention of capturing Haruhi.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 10:12   Link #1225
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Heres a thought. Since vol.10 of the Haruhi novels will reveal the sliders, anyone anticipating that the SOS Brigade might get a new member, who is a slider?

I know that Itsuki and Mikuru have rival groups going after Haruhi, so the same could be said for the sliders. Some with the intention of good and some with the intention of capturing Haruhi.
This is the most obvious thing you have ever said, I'm sorry.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:21   Link #1226
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is the most obvious thing you have ever said, I'm sorry.
Sorry about that...I never had the idea that there could be good sliders until I remembered that Haruhi also wants sliders to join her.

I'll just delete that post then.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 20:11   Link #1227
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Sorry about that...I never had the idea that there could be good sliders until I remembered that Haruhi also wants sliders to join her.

I'll just delete that post then.
:P well the idea that there might be bad sliders is pretty new to me. I don't know if there's evidence of the presence of more than one slider, and that's the one that'll probably join the SOS Brigade, so the possibility of an evil slider on Sasaki's side would make things more complicated.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 20:21   Link #1228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P well the idea that there might be bad sliders is pretty new to me. I don't know if there's evidence of the presence of more than one slider, and that's the one that'll probably join the SOS Brigade, so the possibility of an evil slider on Sasaki's side would make things more complicated.
Since The Dark Brigade is composed of Evil Counterparts, I wouldn't be surprised if a slider joined them too.
Old 2008-06-20, 20:32   Link #1229
Sol Falling

True, true. It would be kinda dumb if Haruhi and co. win just because they got the slider and thus outnumbered the anti-SOS Brigade.
Old 2008-06-20, 20:34   Link #1230
Don't press enter
Seriously. Don't.

Or if the list of characters really wants to go overboard, they could have a completely different brigade consisting of a slider time-traveler, a slider esper, a slider interface, a slider human and a slider deity.

...But I doubt that will happen.
Don't press enter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 20:48   Link #1231
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
True, true. It would be kinda dumb if Haruhi and co. win just because they got the slider and thus outnumbered the anti-SOS Brigade.
If the Dark Brigade lasts through Vol. 10, they will become awesome recurring villains.

And if there's one thing the series needs, it's more actual major plot developments, like what Vol. 4 did.

Man, I hope Vol. 10 is worth all the wait...
Old 2008-06-20, 22:02   Link #1232
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
If the Dark Brigade lasts through Vol. 10, they will become awesome recurring villains.
Could we wait a little before calling the members of the Anti SOS-dan Vilains,? Is it enough for them to be opponents for being de facto Vilains
Old 2008-06-20, 22:06   Link #1233
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Could we wait a little before calling the members of the Anti SOS-dan Vilains,? Is it enough for them to be opponents for being de facto Vilains
You don't have be evil to be a villain. You simply have to be an antagonist, which is what the Dark Brigade are.

I would, however, classify Fujiwara at the least as definitely evil, Kuyoh (and her masters) as possibly evil, and Kyoko, depending on her motives, may also be evil. Sasaki is clearly just caught up in all this, but we will see after Vol. 10 whether she remains so or begins to take a more active role in her brigade.
Old 2008-06-20, 22:17   Link #1234
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Sasaki will be branded as "evil" by Haruhi no doubt, Haruhi doesn't like sharing.

I dislike Sasaki pairing up with Kyon just for the power/advantage, however to me they seem more compatible.

Is it me or is Kyon not the smiling type of guy? I think a "nice" smile would be a nice picture for Ito to draw, we'll see.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 22:31   Link #1235
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
You don't have be evil to be a villain. You simply have to be an antagonist, which is what the Dark Brigade are.

I would, however, classify Fujiwara at the least as definitely evil, Kuyoh (and her masters) as possibly evil, and Kyoko, depending on her motives, may also be evil. Sasaki is clearly just caught up in all this, but we will see after Vol. 10 whether she remains so or begins to take a more active role in her brigade.
We could argue about good and evil without being able to endding to share the same opinion ( good and evil being a matter of point of view.
I am against the word vilain becaus I always assimilate vilains at cheep antagonists doing thing harmful to others, but thoses actions are ( most of all ) done only for the sake of being harmfull to other, without real objectif.
Old 2008-06-20, 22:45   Link #1236
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
We could argue about good and evil without being able to endding to share the same opinion ( good and evil being a matter of point of view.
I am against the word vilain becaus I always assimilate vilains at cheep antagonists doing thing harmful to others, but thoses actions are ( most of all ) done only for the sake of being harmfull to other, without real objectif.
*sigh* Good and Evil may be objective in some cases, but there are some acts that, no matter what, are ALWAYS evil.

Fortunately, none of the Dark Brigade have committed any yet.

Also, that's not what "villain" means.

Quote:
Villain: A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero; the principal bad character in a film or work of fiction.
Villains, therefore, are simply antagonists.
Old 2008-06-20, 22:57   Link #1237
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

My bad, I might have to change my image of a vilain...
But for the Good and Evil talk, they are said to be universal, but we just to have to read enough history book for finding than it is not. And do not mix evil and bad, they are not the same
Old 2008-06-20, 23:22   Link #1238
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
My bad, I might have to change my image of a vilain...
But for the Good and Evil talk, they are said to be universal, but we just to have to read enough history book for finding than it is not. And do not mix evil and bad, they are not the same
Rape is evil. Murder is evil.

Those are universal, and will remain universal forever. You can't argue that.
Old 2008-06-21, 04:41   Link #1239
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Quote:
Since The Dark Brigade is composed of Evil Counterparts, I wouldn't be surprised if a slider joined them too.
I'll just point out that as far as anyone can actually tell, the slider girl has a personal interest in Kyon. Any interest in the SOS-Brigade as a whole can rather easily be passed off as an act until we actually know more about her.

Quote:
The SOS-Brigade already outnumbers them, due to the fact that they don't have an anti-Kyon. (In fact, that's pretty much the reason why they're trying to "recruit" him.)

Quote:
Rape is evil. Murder is evil.

Those are universal, and will remain universal forever. You can't argue that.
In war, there is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. Morality is often nonexistent among those who take part in war. And yet, the victors are always considered heroes by their homelands, often regardless of any senseless acts they commit. History has proven this fact time and time again.

Just pointing out the fact that even the most immoral of acts have been overlooked before, and will continue to be overlooked long after we are gone.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 05:15   Link #1240
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
The SOS-Brigade already outnumbers them, due to the fact that they don't have an anti-Kyon. (In fact, that's pretty much the reason why they're trying to "recruit" him.)
:P There's that and the fact that Kyon doesn't really bring any 'firepower' to the stable aside from his last resort, and that would screw everything up.

Quote:
In war, there is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. Morality is often nonexistent among those who take part in war. And yet, the victors are always considered heroes by their homelands, often regardless of any senseless acts they commit. History has proven this fact time and time again.

Just pointing out the fact that even the most immoral of acts have been overlooked before, and will continue to be overlooked long after we are gone.
Overlooking doesn't quite mean that it isn't wrong, though. Just that nobody gives a damn.

As far as morality goes, absolute moral relativism seems to be the standard nowadays, what with stuff like Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. I had this revelation on the crapper the other day, though, that humans as social animals will have a sort of engrained internal morality scale, that runs on two axes. Basically, as far as right and wrong goes, even humans without a concious moral compass will subconciously measure acts by empathy (the social aspect) and necessity(the animal aspect). Any acts which violate either one of these principles may be considered 'evil', and any act which violates one in the name of the other may be considered 'ambivalent', on a scale determined by the degree of adherence versus the degree of violation for each aspect.

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga