AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-07, 20:24   Link #101
Wai
Need a hand?

That reminds me... what if Sanji was the one who peered through the cape and saw Hancock all naked? He probably would have died from excessively blood loss through the nose hahaha.

Marigold was quite pretty back then. So Sandersonia always had a big head?

Nyon is funny. I like how she argues with Hancock, but it usually ends in comedy.
Old 2008-11-07, 20:37   Link #102
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Boa lives up to most beautiful for me. Sandersonia's kinda cute lol, when she cried herself to exhaustion and was lying on the floor.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-07, 21:10   Link #103
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Boa lives up to most beautiful for me. Sandersonia's kinda cute lol, when she cried herself to exhaustion and was lying on the floor.

Yeah, but still... if Marigold hadn't let herself go after being freed by Tiger, I'd say that she would probably rival her big empress sister in looks. She's practically Alvida in reverse! Maybe she developed an eating disorder or something during her days as a slave....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You probably wish Nyon would do a Genkai.

Wha.... how preposter-! The very idea that...!

....maybe.
Old 2008-11-07, 21:17   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, but still... if Marigold hadn't let herself go after being freed by Tiger, I'd say that she would probably rival her big empress sister in looks. She's practically Alvida in reverse! Maybe she developed an eating disorder or something during her days as a slave....
Marigold actually looked like Sheryl to me, from Macross Frontier for those who don't know.

Marigold looked very nice, but Hancock had sharper features, which is probably why I liked her more.

Old 2008-11-07, 21:19   Link #105
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
lol I too find Sandersonia kinda cute too, not sure why but I just do

Altho me being a huge Nami fan(always had a soft spot for her no matter what)I have to agree with people on Boa>Nami.

That last panel just had me swooning!

well one thing I always thought about Luffy is he had a secret defense that trumps all others!

he has a natural defense against a female's "charms"!
Old 2008-11-07, 21:24   Link #106
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Altho me being a huge Nami fan(always had a soft spot for her no matter what)I have to agree with people on Boa>Nami.
That is to be expected. Nami is still a kid, while Boa has already matured her aura.
Old 2008-11-07, 21:31   Link #107
clarizza

Yay, looks like my 2 of my predictions in the earlier chapters are partly comming true.

1 being that the marks on the back was mere tattoes (they turned out to be burn marks), and the curse was a cover up.
2 being the importance of the newspaper. (suspected new bounties, so only partly right on that one)

This arc seem to be over, wonder if all crew members will have similar adventures.
Or if they managed to somehow gather while Luffy was playing with the Kuja pirates.
And they somehow bump into Luffy after they leave the Kuja island.
Old 2008-11-07, 22:05   Link #108
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The chance that Boa is Luffy's mother is even lower than the chance that Boa will join the SH pirate (which is almost nil for this moment). I don't know where did people got that idea from.
Her ages do not fit(she is at max same age with Ace). It's not possible for her to meet Dragon and only mention Tiger Fisher alone (when talking about those who can stand against WG)

For sure, Boa (or Nyo) will be the one who helps Luffy to realise his Haki, and that's the reason why Kuma sent him there. But Boa can't join the SH group because she still have her citizens (who needs her to protect them).
The only possible way that Boa will join SH is if she under "wanted" for helping Luffy, so she have to leave her two sisters and her island to protect them.

PS: Boa's snake are really caring. It put the cape onto Boa while she is helplessly crying ^^. And it seems Boa and Nyo are so close, that the way they treated each other makes us mistaking their relationship
Old 2008-11-07, 22:19   Link #109
a1047

Matching

Hmmm....

What i want to say, Boa really are combined Robin & Nico feature.

Like this :

Nami (past life as arlongs slave/cute impression/persona/body figure) + Robin (Beautiful/mature & body figure) = Boa herself

and think about number, if Boa join SHs, she will gain no.10.

That mean : Nami (no.3) + Robin (no.7) = Boa (no.10) right?

its just like a strong hint about what will happen soon
Old 2008-11-07, 22:26   Link #110
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The chance that Boa is Luffy's mother is even lower than the chance that Boa will join the SH pirate (which is almost nil for this moment). I don't know where did people got that idea from.

It was already explained a page or two ago. Not that it matters now, I guess....

Quote:
Her ages do not fit(she is at max same age with Ace).

Wouldn't be so sure about that. Ace is 20 years old. Hancock was captured when she was 12 years old, four years prior to the formation of the Sun Pirates. Now, compare that to when Rayleigh told the Straw-Hats that he met Hachi over 20 years ago, around the time he joined the Sun Pirates (which Zoro mistook for Arlong's crew). From that info, we can estimate that Hancock's well over 30. So yes, that would make her old enough to be Luffy's mother.

But again, that doesn't really matter now, anyway.....
Old 2008-11-07, 22:34   Link #111
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Usopp must be getting ready to meet the Elbaf warriors in their home turf.
Old 2008-11-07, 22:42   Link #112
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Usopp must be getting ready to meet the Elbaf warriors in their home turf.
Here's hoping. I can't wait to see what Ussop's arc will be (hopefully it will be a solo arc).
Old 2008-11-07, 22:46   Link #113
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Here's another hoping. Franky finding himself at a place that can be associated with Vegapunk and his experiments. But, I guess, Zoro's arc might be more interesting than Franky's or even Usopp's, because of him being so one-dimensional, matching Luffy.
Old 2008-11-07, 22:58   Link #114
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Wouldn't be so sure about that. Ace is 20 years old. Hancock was captured when she was 12 years old, four years prior to the formation of the Sun Pirates. Now, compare that to when Rayleigh told the Straw-Hats that he met Hachi over 20 years ago, around the time he joined the Sun Pirates (which Zoro mistook for Arlong's crew). From that info, we can estimate that Hancock's well over 30. So yes, that would make her old enough to be Luffy's mother.
But again, that doesn't really matter now, anyway.....
Don't mind tell me which chapter was this mentioned "now, compare that to when Rayleigh told the Straw-Hats that he met Hachi over 20 years ago, around the time he joined the Sun Pirates"? I read past chapters but couldn't find it

Thank in advance
Old 2008-11-07, 23:02   Link #115
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I give or take 2 more chapters to finish this arc up.
Old 2008-11-07, 23:04   Link #116
marvelB

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain at this point that Oda is going to make mini-arcs for the entire crew. Why? The answer is, simply put, length. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the crew have their own little storylines, but many people are simply going to whine about the storyline being dragged on, especially since we're so close to Merman Island and the New World.....

...But I do admit that I want to see Usopp in his own solo adventure more than anything. That would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Don't mind tell me which chapter was this mentioned "now, compare that to when Rayleigh told the Straw-Hats that he met Hachi over 20 years ago, around the time he joined the Sun Pirates"? I read past chapters but couldn't find it

Thank in advance

Chapter 506. Here's the dialogue I was referring to, to save you the trouble of searching:

Quote:
Rayleigh: Hachi helped me out when I was stranded at sea, over 20 years ago.

Shackey: He saved this man's life... and when he was just a young boy.

Rayleigh: We were good pals, up until he joined the Pirates of the Sun.

Zoro: That's Arlong, right?
Old 2008-11-08, 00:11   Link #117
Slayerx

Quote:
16+20=36 years old MAX
If she were Ace and Luffy's mother, Ace would have needed to be conceived while she was a slave (though i don't think Oda would want to touch THAT subject) or just after she escaped, and Luffy when she was 19 after being freed... tht's right on the limit there... However, considering Boa's history with men, i'd highly doubt she would have wanted to jump into bed with one anytime soon after she was freed... And this ofcourse assumes Hachi joined the Sun pirates 20 years ago when it could have been anywhere between 10-20 years ago; as Shakky mentions that she hasn't seen Hachi in 10 years... all in all, Boa is between 26 and 36 years old.

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not entirely certain at this point that Oda is going to make mini-arcs for the entire crew. Why? The answer is, simply put, length. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the crew have their own little storylines, but many people are simply going to whine about the storyline being dragged on, especially since we're so close to Merman Island and the New World.....
pretty much depends on how long each arc is... if they are all like 10 chapter long arcs like Luffy's, then ya, that will take almost 2 years to tell... however you cut that down to about 5 chapters for the rest of the crew then it gradually becomes more tolerable

And the thing is, we are talking about a drastic shift storytelling each time we switch to a new crew member... because of such a drastic change we could easily forget how long its taking to move on to the next arc... And we should not underestimate Oda's storytelling cause anytime we do he proves us wrong everytime. He keeps up the good storytelling and times it so that each crew member's arc only lasts as long as we are interested and moves on before we start getting board, he could pull it off.

it won't be easy though... i mean, when it comes to short arcs, we a are generally talking about 10 chapters as being enough to get something really meaningful going... can something meaningful be only 5 chapters long? will 10 chapters be too long, or will the drastic change in perspective every 10 chapters be enough for us to forget how long its taking?

not to mention, people started getting excited about merman island every since they left water 7, thinking about how close it was... and yet its been almost 90 chapters since then, and yet i think people are still just as anchious about it today as they were back then... its like they have completely forgotten how long they have really been waiting... time flies when your having fun i suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax
I also wonder why they felt they had to hide their slave mark to this extent. It's natural they feel very ashamed of it, but would it really be reason enough to be cast out of the amazon tribe? At this point it has already gone so far that it's too hard for them, but even now I would think that they could get away with it.
short answer apparently yes it is that bad in a society that is heavy about pride...
however, i do feel that this is gonna end with the mark on Boa's back being revealed to everyone followed by everyone forgiving her and saying it doesn't matter... they love her and her sisters anyway
After seeing their display of affection, I think after that she will fall in the way of caring for her nakama and as such be willing to fight in the war to protect her status and protect her people

It's pretty much the only outcome that will solve Boa's problem once and for all and give her happiness... hiding is something that only continuos to hurt her and her sisters

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-11-08 at 00:39.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:36   Link #118
Undertaker

Speaking of not touching the subject...

After this chapter, I realized that I mind has been totally corrupted by years of manga, hentai, and all the bishojos....

When I was reading about Handcock sister's past about how terrible their live as slaves are, all I can think of is how they are been treated by Tenryubito as sex slaves, and the shot where it show the sisters fleeing only cements my imagination. Not to mention Carlos made it clear he has female slaves for his personal pleasure..... -_-

Anyway, after reading the chapter, I was wondering if anyone think the shadow shot of Fisher Tiger from the side in Boa's flashback look kind of similar to Kuma's face feature. Could Kuma actually turns out to be Fisher Tiger?

If that's the case maybe the Fisher Tiger's downfall, Kuma's seemly uterior motive despise been consider as only Shikibukai royal to WG, and even Junbei himself might hold an even bigger story that might to crucial to Mermen Island.

After all, after this chapter, I'm kind of suprised that there are still Mermen/Mermaid left considering Fisher Tiger ASSAULTED Mariejoa and freed all slaves, There bound to be some Tenryuubito got injured and attacked during the process and considering SH got dealed with in realatively short amount of time and got hit as hard as they hadfor just ONE PUNCH. It only seem natural for WG to go fall out war with Fishermen and send everything they got just for payback..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It's pretty much the only outcome that will solve Boa's problem once and for all and give her happiness... hiding is something that only continuos to hurt her and her sisters
That' my thought since this arc started when I don't think Boa will be the villian to begin with. Because like I stated in pervious chapter theards, a fight with Boa simply won't solve anything, and any other plausible scenario with Boa as villian will only make this arc into a really only arc that just doesn't make sense considering all that had happened recently.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-11-08 at 02:47.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:38   Link #119
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I wonder if BOA is going to accompany luffy on this leg of the journey? Luffy can't navigate so.... It wouldn't be that surprising.

I wonder if Tiger is a D? Just the animal name. May not be. We have a Saul D Jaguar. Luffy D Monkey. So _________ D. Tiger doesn't seem that impossible. At least the translation I have doens't mention the rest of his name.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:43   Link #120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
I wonder if Tiger is a D? Just the animal name. May not be. We have a Saul D Jaguar. Luffy D Monkey. So _________ D. Tiger doesn't seem that impossible. At least the translation I have doens't mention the rest of his name.
Tiger's full name is Fisher Tiger, its got to be some lazy translation if his full name wasn't even translated accordingly.

Closed Thread