AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 16:08   Link #3861
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The image looks without motion cause it's just one individual frame. The motion comes from lots of other frames.

Noizi's illustration is designed to convey motion in one frame. That's why it looks better in just one glance over.
There should still be signs of motion even in a single frame, unless Gamer just happened to pick the one frame in that shot where there's no motion. Motion isn't just "Item A moves to Point B"; dynamic, realistic motion involves the varying rates of movement between their faces, their bodies, individual *ahem* parts of their bodies, and as is most evident in this case, their hair. At any given moment, that variance should still be apparent.
Old 2011-02-04, 19:12   Link #3862
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
isn't both of them have same face shape
HEAD shape, not face shape. Big difference.
Spoiler for yuki examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
There should still be signs of motion even in a single frame, unless Gamer just happened to pick the one frame in that shot where there's no motion. Motion isn't just "Item A moves to Point B"; dynamic, realistic motion involves the varying rates of movement between their faces, their bodies, individual *ahem* parts of their bodies, and as is most evident in this case, their hair. At any given moment, that variance should still be apparent.
A lot of those really only apply if there's a lot of motion, like when Adult Mikuru and Kyon were witnessing the space-time quake. In this scene, Mikuru didn't really do much more than tremble.
Old 2011-02-04, 19:35   Link #3863
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It's the back of her head. It juts out subtlely more. Like an alien.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 00:36   Link #3864
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
HEAD shape, not face shape. Big difference.
Spoiler for yuki examples:

Spoiler for pic:

it seem they use same effect on the anime. the art style did clearly make it so because clear head shape

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-05 at 17:47. Reason: Don't hotlink. Upload the images to an image hosting site...
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:30   Link #3865
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Kadokawa updated their Haruhi novel specialty site today with some news. Firstly, the tenth volume will be released in three additional countries on May 25th: Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. Also, the 64 page color booklet will also feature work done by Gaku Tsugano (the mangaka for the novel adaptation) and Puyo (the mangaka for Haruhi-chan and Yuki-chan).

No word has been said on a release in English, but personally I'm growing doubtful.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 08:38   Link #3866
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Kadokawa updated their Haruhi novel specialty site today with some news. Firstly, the tenth volume will be released in three additional countries on May 25th: Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. Also, the 64 page color booklet will also feature work done by Gaku Tsugano (the mangaka for the novel adaptation) and Puyo (the mangaka for Haruhi-chan and Yuki-chan).

No word has been said on a release in English, but personally I'm growing doubtful.
This is about what I expected; the Japanese-to-English translators on this project are busy catching us up. They'll get to the tenth novel in about three years, if they keep up their current pace.

Hey, by then we might have novel 11! Maybe.
Old 2011-02-14, 10:28   Link #3867
larethian

Quote:

I just saw this volume 10 preorder form insert in volume 19 of Rental Magica in my local kinokuniya. Does it mean that the Chinese and Korean versions are already translated? By the way, the 64-page colored booklet is only for Japan preorders and considered as part of a limited edition.

here's a pic I took of the insert:
Spoiler:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 10:36   Link #3868
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I just saw this in a volume 10 preorder form insert in volume 19 of Rental Magica in my local kinokuniya. Does it mean that the Chinese and Korean versions are already translated? By the way, the 64-page colored booklet is only for Japan preorders and considered as part of a limited edition.
According to the president of the Kadokawa group, who was interviewed on Culture Japan in January, those versions are currently being translated.

Old 2011-02-14, 11:19   Link #3869
larethian

Quote:
According to the president of the Kadokawa group, who was interviewed on Culture Japan in January, those versions are currently being translated.
have a link to that? sorry, being lazy to search >_<
Old 2011-02-14, 11:27   Link #3870
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
have a link to that? sorry, being lazy to search >_<
Comments were being made on 2ch as it was airing. I currently do not have a link to video of that particular episode on any site, but this 2ch post blog has the posts that I saw while it was airing as well as the comments made (in post 36) during the broadcast.

Old 2011-02-14, 11:57   Link #3871
larethian

Quote:
Comments were being made on 2ch as it was airing. I currently do not have a link to video of that particular episode on any site, but this 2ch post blog has the posts that I saw while it was airing as well as the comments made (in post 36) during the broadcast.
thanks. I went to look at the kadokawa site itself), even though it shows old covers in the news item 5, it strongly suggests to me that the translated volumes will be released.

by the way, even though this appears to be a fan-made teasing video (i guess?), it's still nice to watch (don't take the information shown seriously):
Spoiler:

Last edited by larethian; 2011-02-14 at 12:10.
Old 2011-02-14, 23:28   Link #3872
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
thanks. I went to look at the kadokawa site itself), even though it shows old covers in the news item 5, it strongly suggests to me that the translated volumes will be released.

by the way, even though this appears to be a fan-made teasing video (i guess?), it's still nice to watch (don't take the information shown seriously):
Spoiler:
That is pretty well made..

So, a 2 parter, huh? Of course. I would be raging right now if they had 2 separate release dates..
I guess Tanigawa figured he had us waiting long enough, huh?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 21:44   Link #3873
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

There will be two books released on April 9th in Japan entitled Master English to an interesting level with "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Amazon has listed both for pre-order:
First Volume
Last Volume
According to the advertisements included with the Shoushitsu set, these were supposed to be released in March, but apparently they have been delayed a month.

Edit: Also Amazon UK is listing the tenth volume of the manga to be released on December 13th, 2011. Link They listed Rampage as being released a month later than the actual date, so it's not 100% confirmed.

Edit 2: Final cover for manga volume 13:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-02-16 at 23:05.
Old 2011-02-18, 00:00   Link #3874
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

The First Press Limited Edition pamphlet details have been revealed. The 64 page pamphlet that is only available with this LE contains the following materials.
  1. A special "short story" that has been written by Nagaru Tanigawa
  2. Illustrations by Noizi Itou
  3. Additional pages drawn by Gaku Tsugano and Puyo
  4. A secret story from the editor-in-chief

It appears next week they plan to open the special site just for Surprise as well as reveal the full cover. Look forward to it!

Old 2011-02-18, 00:48   Link #3875
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gaku Tsugano and Puyo?

has anybody have illustration that they make?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 01:33   Link #3876
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
Gaku Tsugano and Puyo?

has anybody have illustration that they make?
The Haruhi manga illustrator and the Haruhi-chan manga illustrator respectively.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 17:30   Link #3877
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

In yesterday's issue of Kyarabii (volume 243) there was an article about the next volume.

Quote:
From the staff in charge of editing at the Kadokawa Sneaker Library: A comment from Ueno-san!

Once again on the topic of "The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya's release date", which was originally slated to be released by the end of last year, we have had many requests asking "Is this really the release date?" as well as people doubting that the release date is credible due to our previous actions.
But now the work has advanced to become real. Furthermore, included in the First Press Limited Edition, Nagaru Tanigawa has written a short story to be included in the special pamphlet! You won't want to miss this because the Haruhi series proves impossible to put down!
So, have we already give you some relief? On 05/25, please come and go to your bookstore as you please! Stay put as Haruhi, Kyon, and the SOS Brigade's tale comes alive once again. Please feel this excitement in real time!!!
Also on the page was the tagline, which as described by a 2ch poster "Don't be worried about the wording, this is not the conclusion." The tagline states "Is it true that Haruhi's power is different than that girl's?? The dispute over the power to change the world is settled in Surprise?!"

I would also like to apologize for mis-interpreting the cover of the next manga volume to be released. It is indeed Mikuru on the cover and not another character. I am sorry for being incorrect in my assumptions.

Old 2011-02-21, 18:18   Link #3878
Rag

How many pages is V13 going to be? Please don't say it would be the same length after all those years...
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 18:29   Link #3879
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Edit: The cover for volume 10 has been revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
How many pages is V13 going to be? Please don't say it would be the same length after all those years...
Volume 13 of the manga is expected to be around 180 pages according to retailers. That would be a little bit bigger (by about 6-8 pages) than the previous releases. Considering that Kadokawa has been releasing two-three volumes for each of the past four years it's not been a while since the last release, which was in October.

But to answer what I'm assuming is your real question, the next volume/s of the novel series sum about 600 pages total (about 300 per novel, which would be the average length of one of the previous novels excluding Disappearance and Intrigues due to abnormal lengths).

Edit: Since this is the top post on a new page, here's a review of the latest news:
1. The 13th volume of the manga will be released this week in Japan. It finishes the Editor in Chief, Straight Ahead story and begins the 7th novel. The cover features Mikuru and Kyon's Sister:

2. On April 9th, there will be two books designed to help teach English to Japanese fans entitled Master English to an interesting level with "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Amazon has them for pre-order:
First Volume
Last Volume
3. As has been revealed, the next part of the novel series will be released on May 25th in a two book set. This is a First Press Limited Edition which also contains a 64 page color booklet for 1200 yen. The regular editions will go on sale on June 15th for 540 yen each without the booklet. The booklet will contain the following features:
  • A special "short story" that has been written by Nagaru Tanigawa (original author)
  • Illustrations by Noizi Itou (original character designer/illustrator)
  • Additional pages drawn by Gaku Tsugano (second manga artist) and Puyo (Manga artist for Haruhi-chan and Yuki-chan)
  • A secret story from the editor-in-chief of the Sneaker

Also something about "that project" will be revealed this week.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-03-07 at 06:30.
Old 2011-02-22, 01:03   Link #3880
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Volume 13 of the manga is expected to be around 180 pages according to retailers. That would be a little bit bigger (by about 6-8 pages) than the previous releases. Considering that Kadokawa has been releasing two-three volumes for each of the past four years it's not been a while since the last release, which was in October.

But to answer what I'm assuming is your real question, the next volume/s of the novel series sum about 600 pages total (about 300 per novel, which would be the average length of one of the previous novels excluding Disappearance and Intrigues due to abnormal lengths).

Edit: Since this is the top post on a new page, here's a review of the latest news:
1. The 13th volume of the manga will be released this week in Japan. It finishes the Editor in Chief, Straight Ahead story and begins the 7th novel. The cover features Mikuru and Kyon's Sister:

2. On April 9th, there will be two books designed to help teach English to Japanese fans entitled Master English to an interesting level with "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Amazon has them for pre-order:
First Volume
Last Volume
3. As has been revealed, the next part of the novel series will be released on May 25th in a two book set. This is a First Press Limited Edition which also contains a 64 page color booklet for 1200 yen. The regular editions will go on sale on June 15th for 540 yen each without the booklet. The booklet will contain the following features:
  • A special "short story" that has been written by Nagaru Tanigawa (original author)
  • Illustrations by Noizi Itou (original character designer/illustrator)
  • Additional pages drawn by Gaku Tsugano (second manga artist) and Puyo (Manga artist for Haruhi-chan and Yuki-chan)
  • A secret story from the editor-in-chief of the Sneaker

Also something about "that project" will be revealed this week.
"That project"? Is there some new Haruhi project other than Vol. 10?

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga