Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-26, 13:39   Link #241
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

My Q is : Is this series as good as Intial D or even better ?
imo its not(judging from the anime, i didn't read the manga).. you will miss the funny parts, the dramatic race scenes with perfect backgroundmusic, the romantic scenes(lonely driva ftw!) and the likeable main character(wangan hero is really unsympathetically compared to takumi) - on the other hand you get some eye candy(compared to id 1st/2nd stage) and the music is not so bad and good fitting

i simply watch it because of blackbird and his driver and the nice animation
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:14   Link #242
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I had too much anime series to complete/watch . Hence I couldnt pick up on this series , I have heard a lot about this series and just for that I choosing it over the new GunDam .

My Q is : Is this series as good as Intial D or even better ?
Neither series is very good imo, I've watched them (more than a few times) because I love cars, specially Nissans. Simple as that.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:19   Link #243
NghtFox17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
imo its not(judging from the anime, i didn't read the manga).. you will miss the funny parts, the dramatic race scenes with perfect backgroundmusic, the romantic scenes(lonely driva ftw!) and the likeable main character(wangan hero is really unsympathetically compared to takumi) - on the other hand you get some eye candy(compared to id 1st/2nd stage) and the music is not so bad and good fitting

It's done by the same studio, if that helps. I think it's a bit better story wise, 4th stage seemed to be a little missing. I've watched Wangan Midnight up to ep 10, and I"ve seen all of Initial D, and find Wangan Mindnight as good as if not maybe a little better than Initial D. also the Manga as been running longer than Initial D. I hope you will pick up this Anime. It is good for it's Genre
NghtFox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 01:11   Link #244
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
best moments in 4th stage were with the speedostars and itsukis love struggle, the rest was a bit boring.. with wangan you get highway races which isnt as exciting as drifting, so there should be something else to enjoy but so far(ep06) theres not much, i had my first laugh when the tuner from hell started to go insane in the sexarossa

but ok, i didnt intend to drop it.. after all i'm a petrolhead and theres not much out there(genre wise) so i cant replace it anyway, but until now its id>wangan imo
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:10   Link #245
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

WM is not as good as Initial D, but it's not too bad. I find the lack of Eurobeat and corners a little bit boring. They are basically competing on power, driver have very little to do with it. If some rich guy buy a Veyron he'll own the wangan. But still, it's not bad, I would still recommend it if you like racing.

Spoiler for Ep.11-12:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:20   Link #246
DanielSong39

Once I got past a lackluster opening episode I thought the show was interesting - as they explored the motivations of each character for racing on the highways.

Not as good as Initial D 1st season, but I enjoyed it as much as the subsequent seasons of Initial D. Definitely a keeper if you enjoy watching cars.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:17   Link #247
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After the 4 th season for Intial D I was looking for a replacement and Wangan Midnight fills the slot . Though its not as good as Intial D its not bad either . This is an old manga so cant blame the anime for not being that flashy .....

My ultimate Racing Anime would be street Racing Anime with NO2 : D or a Pure Drift Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Once I got past a lackluster opening episode I thought the show was interesting - as they explored the motivations of each character for racing on the highways.

Not as good as Initial D 1st season, but I enjoyed it as much as the subsequent seasons of Initial D. Definitely a keeper if you enjoy watching cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

Thanx for the info guys Appreciate it
Old 2008-01-02, 12:33   Link #248
ninja_edicolas

this series it's complete different from Initial D, but very very beatiful^^!
ninja_edicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 09:33   Link #249
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Call me strange but I enjoyed this series more than ID . I dont what it is the seinen element or the chracters but this has become one of my fave shows , I am dying to see ep 7 ^o^
Old 2008-01-16, 15:07   Link #250
ninja_edicolas

anyone have news about HFG fansub?
Old 2008-01-18, 11:44   Link #251
ninja_edicolas

Ehm anyone have news about current state of Wangan subs? Because Hardgay Fansub not have a forum or a site or a irc channel? hardgay I love you, I'm gay too!
Old 2008-01-19, 06:47   Link #252
Korab

current situation of wangan

on http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5088 you can see the all fansub groups of wangan, but all you can find there are bad news
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 13:03   Link #253
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hope this series continues bieng subbed . I pray this series continues bieng subbed . Hard Gay have a done a fine job until now and here is wishing they continue

Hard Gay Fansubs heck I even found an Icon for you : D

Spoiler for HARD GEI:
Old 2008-01-21, 12:20   Link #254
ninja_edicolas

buuuaaaaah!
Beautiful icon ^^
On anidb.net bad news? what do you mean?
Old 2008-01-21, 13:32   Link #255
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Already 12 ep of this series have been released . According to AniDB the english subbing for this series has been stalled : (
Old 2008-01-23, 11:27   Link #256
ninja_edicolas

I see....
Old 2008-01-23, 11:32   Link #257
JediNight
キズランダム

Don't really have much interest in the anime, but at the bookstore the other day I noticed the manga is really long -- like 28 volumes+ atm or something....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 10:52   Link #258
HamsterFist
I'm not a rat!

Send a message via AIM to HamsterFist
Kinda late on this, but just to throw my 2cents in.

I think WM shows a more relatable side of street racing, concidering the main character isn't a genius driver like takumi off the bat. He also works alot to support his habbit / addiction to cars. I can relate to that because I did the same thing after highschool (I own 2 cars, and at one point was working 3 jobs hehehe... ) but yeah.

I do hope that this series continues to be subbed sometime in the near future, I'd DL the raws but I have no skillz outside of my english skills (my pa learned me some good american').

As far as my thoughts of ID vs WM, ID is more entertaining, but is too much of a fantasy land, where as to WM is pretty much right where it should be. You need $$$ to work on cars, and you may crash which will cost you more $$$ to get back into it. 99% of us are not genius drivers who can full throttle downhill on the touge, but alot of us sure are idiots who can full throttle down the highway and eat $#it on the center divider. Anyhow thats all I got. WM > ID, since it portrays a side of street racing no one really cares to look at, the side where you slave away to support your habbit.
HamsterFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 14:54   Link #259
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I just got the PSP Game from the internets , has anyone tried it yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Don't really have much interest in the anime, but at the bookstore the other day I noticed the manga is really long -- like 28 volumes+ atm or something....
Yeah 35 volumes to be exact . Its been featured in Young Magazine (Kodansha) since 1992 , thats like 16 years and still going strong . So I do hope its continued more than one season of 26 ep .

Still Praying Pleading Hoping this series gets subbed till the end
Old 2008-02-14, 18:25   Link #260
ninja_edicolas

ok ok ok, now I know hardgay, it's very funny..... but Wangan is better than that hardgay (crazy and very very gay!) please the subbbbbbbbbbbbb!

Tags
racing, seinen