AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-11, 12:06   Link #4801
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post
Has this already been mentioned? I don't know if it is true or not, but I was in HK last week and a animation shop keeper told me that Lelouch is still alive. He says something about the last 7 seconds of Lelouch's conversation with CC has been cut off. And there is something about the remake of R2 or something. Like I have said, I am not sure about this but the guy seemed so confident that the original version of R2 Lelouch was alive.
Yeah, I seen the so-called 7 seconds. It was being done by someone who was rather good in 3D animation and inserting it after the scene where C.C. looked up to the sky . Quite a good job done in 'duping' the fans. They are so sure since the video is widely spread.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 12:15   Link #4802
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Exactly. You also have to remember that not everyone gets to see all the outside interviews, so they don't even know about the writer/director comments.
In My Opinion, once Code Geass ended, Okouchi had become a normal Code Geass watcher like us. So I will take his interviews with a grain of salt and not God.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 12:24   Link #4803
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
In My Opinion, once Code Geass ended, Okouchi had become a normal Code Geass watcher like us. So I will take his interviews with a grain of salt and not God.
Okouchi was the writer and anyone directly involved in the show in such an intense way will have a better viewpoint than we do, especially if he is pretty much the creator.
And we want to be honest, if he would not confirm anything, everyone would go "rawwwr" that Lelouch might still be alive.
The guy gives an interview saying that God is dead and we got the same reactions.
Stuck in a paradox anyone?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 13:46   Link #4804
zalem

Quote:
Except Sunrise confirmed his words in the official guidebook.
Old 2009-01-11, 15:06   Link #4805
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Okouchi is the main writer, and from his point of view "he" killed lelouch. Now, I don't remember reading Taniguchi's view about this. I don't remember him saying that "lelouch is dead". On that, if he didn't, people could argue that taniguchi's view is maybe different.

But the point of this discussion was that there's no point of harrassing someone who wants to believe that lelouch is alive no matter what. And even if we got okouchi's interview and other official statements, there's no rules on a forum that says "you have to believe it or go to hell / we will ban you". People see those who deny lelouch's death as childish and idiotic persons, but i am not sure that being obsessed by an anime to the point of "hunting" down someone who doesn't share our opinion is really a good/intelligent move.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:27   Link #4806
eaglei3

Ok, here is my honest view of the situation.

Right now, I'm not saying he is alive or dead. Heck, all of Code Geass is dead to me [I imagined a nuke going off in failure of Lelouch not being around after Oghi does something else stupid but now as Prime Minister (Seriously, the guy is failure wrapped in character.)]

This is where I am hesitant in saying Lelouch is *fully dead* until they have a sequel where it is witness to his grave and said to be dead dead or he is never mentioned (flashbacks don't apply) just because this is anime. Obvious realities don't work in anime when it comes to raging fans, marketing, company influence, etc.

Now if Geass were to never ever continue and become nothing more than history, I'd have to go with Okouchi's words 100%. But what makes me hesitant right now is we have his comments of "I never intended to fully explain the history of Geass at the moment." (not a direct translation, but summary of his words from what I remember reading.) So that indicates that they left it open for more opportunity with Code Geass, and that comment from Okouchi definitely makes it seem like he wants to continue with the story at some point.

Which then goes back to the prior paragraph of we don't know how they will react to anime, marketing, character polls, etc.

So that is my view on it.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:27   Link #4807
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Except Sunrise confirmed his words in the official guidebook.
Now that...really sucks. But as a side-note, I dislike how people are mentioning that Okouchi's very words are absolute in his interviews, especially after the story was finished. The writer should have no official bearing on the story after it's been completed and distributed. Rather than being taken as factual, it should be taken as his point of view as its writer. The story has been told, and the ending left for individual interpretation.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:49   Link #4808
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
Now that...really sucks. But as a side-note, I dislike how people are mentioning that Okouchi's very words are absolute in his interviews, especially after the story was finished. The writer should have no official bearing on the story after it's been completed and distributed. Rather than being taken as factual, it should be taken as his point of view as its writer. The story has been told, and the ending left for individual interpretation.
Theres a difference between his opinions on the story and what he states is in the story. When the staff (CG is a joint work, after all) makes a statement about what is in the story, its in the story. Their opinions on it is an entirely different thing, and I don't think people are as greatly concerned with his opinion as they are with what he says is in the story.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 16:37   Link #4809
Charred Knight

Quote:
That's kind of well disrespectful

I may not like Code Geass (I prefer Okouchi's work with Tomino) but I still feel that you should respect what he says.

As for Lelouch not being dead in the actual story

He got stabbed by a large sword!
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 17:09   Link #4810
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I look at things in a simple way. We all saw Lelouch die on screen so there is no reason for me to believe he's alive.

Okouchi is the main writer, if he states Lelouch is gone. He is until proven otherwise.
Old 2009-01-11, 17:59   Link #4811
missmedude

remember they posted Nunally's death on their site or something, then they brought her back somehow.....
missmedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 18:19   Link #4812
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post
remember they posted Nunally's death on their site or something, then they brought her back somehow.....
? Huh, you're wrong.
The site run by bigblode put her as dead, Nor Okouchi, neither the website run by the staff ever said she was dead. But Okouchi and the website and other stuff stated lelouch was dead.

And seriously, Okouchi is the writer, I think it's kinda arrogant to think one viewer can pretend after the serie end, the main writer view on the serie (while he...wrote it ?) doesn't count anymore.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:13   Link #4813
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
? Huh, you're wrong.
The site run by bigblode put her as dead, Nor Okouchi, neither the website run by the staff ever said she was dead. But Okouchi and the website and other stuff stated lelouch was dead.

And seriously, Okouchi is the writer, I think it's kinda arrogant to think one viewer can pretend after the serie end, the main writer view on the serie (while he...wrote it ?) doesn't count anymore.
Do you think if C.C was NOT in the cart in the end, we would have this problem now? No, srsly. :x
Old 2009-01-11, 21:16   Link #4814
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Do you think if C.C was NOT in the cart in the end, we would have this problem now? No, srsly. :x
Yea, that "Eh Lelouch" comment at the end messes up everything lol.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:21   Link #4815
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Yea, that "Eh Lelouch" comment at the end messes up everything lol.
It is not about that mostly, but i guess a few people take this as a base point as well.
Old 2009-01-11, 21:25   Link #4816
Taco from Hell

C.C. had Lulu (sorry cant remember ho to spell name) promis that he would come back and make her smile. any one remember this yes no? there is also the fact that she can know the locations of those she made the pact with. When she says lulus name she tilts her head tords the driver and raises her voise.
Taco from Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:45   Link #4817
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco from Hell View Post
C.C. had Lulu (sorry cant remember ho to spell name) promis that he would come back and make her smile. any one remember this yes no? there is also the fact that she can know the locations of those she made the pact with. When she says lulus name she tilts her head tords the driver and raises her voise.
No he didn't

Lelouch promised to make her smile which he did by proving to her that she still had human feelings and a life to live.

Keep in mind Okouchi wrote that scene he would know what the hell is going on, its been stated that Lelouch died.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:51   Link #4818
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco from Hell View Post
The whole point of the "promise" that Lelouch made to C.C was exactly THIS. Promise between two people = not always working out, that made her feel like a human again, apart from their interactions last episodes.

And no, she looks at the sky.

These points made, apart from the staff that Lelouch has been confirmed as dead man, but who gives a crap about official info nowadays?
Old 2009-01-11, 23:00   Link #4819
Taco from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
IF he has the Code CC would have died or lost her memories.
One or the other.
Lelouch died.
End of story.
CC can probably talk to dead like Charles.
This leaves the series wide open though
He could have stollen the emporers code that he got fromm VV.this might have hapend when he grabed lulu by the neck. also geass does not work on imortals remember so how did lulu tell the emporer basicly to die and he lisend. answer that.
Old 2009-01-11, 23:02   Link #4820
Taco from Hell

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
The whole point of the "promise" that Lelouch made to C.C was exactly THIS. Promise between two people = not always working out, that made her feel like a human again, apart from their interactions last episodes.

And no, she looks at the sky.

These points made, apart from the staff that Lelouch has been confirmed as dead man, but who gives a crap about official info nowadays?
fine im ronge on this post