AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-05, 14:30   Link #1
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
The ending is missing so much

Spoiler:

f**ckin make me feel better! lol this is crap, I'm now having a sever case of KGNE ending syndrome.

I want some damn
Spoiler:

i'm half serious though, if theres anything you can mention, a flashback, a clue, or something to make it seem more complete list it.
Old 2004-07-05, 15:09   Link #2
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
Spoiler:

f**ckin make me feel better! lol this is crap, I'm now having a sever case of KGNE ending syndrome.

I want some damn
Spoiler:

i'm half serious though, if theres anything you can mention, a flashback, a clue, or something to make it seem more complete list it.
Actually I think there's 2 or 3 threads that all deal with various aspects of the ending...one of them has the complete version of "The Real Treasure" translated, another talks about people's opinions of what happened afterwards, and a third talks about Haruka's "new" surname and what the deal with it is.

I believe all 3 are on the first page in these forums.
Old 2004-07-05, 15:45   Link #3
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Honestly, I think it's market strategy...make the Anime has a form of closure, but just enough to keep the watcher guessing. This way, Age has a selling point to the games
Old 2004-07-05, 15:59   Link #4
Takemi_Ikazuchi

No, it's a selling point to the special edition DVDs

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2004-07-05 at 19:34.
Old 2004-07-05, 16:41   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-05, 19:45   Link #6
arias

NarutoHead, if you've carefully read all our super long posts on the other threads, you'd notice that the complaints about the ending being not quite perfect are pretty rampant I myself think that the ending does a DECENT, adequate job, but wasn't as "full" as I hoped it would be.

By far, the ABSOLUTE worst is that they didn't show Mitsuki and Takayuki together, and didn't even show their bloody faces. :| I realise the artistic effects of this, and it also amplifies the importance of the ring that briefly appears as Mitsuki wipes away her tears. It is a subtle remindr that they are together, but somehow I just wanted to scream, "FUCK! Can't you just show them together, goddammit!"

Like you said, I hoped for more closure, and perhaps a second accident where Shinji is crushed, fatally, by a truck. If Haruka was used as a platform, Shinji is a TOTAL PROP (a BANG prop) in the anime.

Well, I guess our qualms about the imperfect ending is probably the indication of how emotionally affecting the series is. It's just that after that rollercoaster ride, we were expecting something... fuller.. at its end.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:19   Link #7
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
NarutoHead, if you've carefully read all our super long posts on the other threads, you'd notice that the complaints about the ending being not quite perfect are pretty rampant I myself think that the ending does a DECENT, adequate job, but wasn't as "full" as I hoped it would be.

By far, the ABSOLUTE worst is that they didn't show Mitsuki and Takayuki together, and didn't even show their bloody faces. :| I realise the artistic effects of this, and it also amplifies the importance of the ring that briefly appears as Mitsuki wipes away her tears. It is a subtle remindr that they are together, but somehow I just wanted to scream, "FUCK! Can't you just show them together, goddammit!"

Like you said, I hoped for more closure, and perhaps a second accident where Shinji is crushed, fatally, by a truck. If Haruka was used as a platform, Shinji is a TOTAL PROP (a BANG prop) in the anime.

Well, I guess our qualms about the imperfect ending is probably the indication of how emotionally affecting the series is. It's just that after that rollercoaster ride, we were expecting something... fuller.. at its end.
Wow. Lol. Ummm... Don't stone me for saying this, but I actually thought the ending had a fair amount of closure. Taka-the-baka-yuki gets Mitsuki, Akane becomes a national heroine by undulating her limber teenage body through dihydrogen monoxide, and Haruka manages to get a book out, just as she wished. For some reason, I like anime b/c it tends to leave some doors open to the imagination, though it gives some guiding lines. Example: Mitsuki is married--see ring. But implied is that it's with Takayuki, since the apartment is empty. They've moved out to a new life. Another example I like a lot is in Now and Then, Here and There. IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED NTHT, DON'T READ THE SPOILER!! IF YOU DO, THOUGH, DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME:
Spoiler for a good example from NTHT:

Oh, and btw, Shinji was a prop, tru, but he was pretty damn important when he 1. Beats the shit outta Takayuki (Hooray! Feel the pain, biznatch!) 2. Fights off the 2 guys who make Mitsuki drunk and try to take advantage of her. 3. Sleeps with Mitsuki-- One of the most dramatic moments for me in the series. (Anyone else sense her desolation? My stomach also did a flip-flop b/c I was hoping that Mitsuki would end up with Takayuki, not Shinji) 4. Remains as a foil-- he's the only character of the original 4 who manages to move on and live an ordinary, fulfilling life following Haruka's accident.
For a character who didn't get much airtime, he certainly is very important. Without him, the story wouldn't have progressed the way it did. Also, he beat some sense (and crap) into Takayuki-- something every KGNE watcher has only dreamed of doing him/her-self.

On the last comment, though, I agree. Perhaps it is b/c the series was so powerful, that there's a lot we're left thinking about. For some "light" series I watch like Konomini, I could have cared less whether the series ended happily or if double-D vampire babes from Venus suddenly invaded and filled the oceans with sand, effectively ending human existence.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:33   Link #8
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Taka-the-baka-yuki....now why didn't I ever think of using that name? lol

Good take on it all Blue, and Shinji's character is just as you said, a pillar piece as he was involved in almost all of the major character development points. Albeit he was ultimately a weak character, he showed his strength in helping others in not-so-normal ways I still didn't like Shinji though

I feel you're right though, the level of quality this show produced was what I believe is keeping people wanting more and more. The fact that it was so well-done is keeping people around to actually want to know what each character did post-KGNE's arc, past the ending...they wanted to see if they all grew up and ultimately became better people. Some of this is shown in the ending, but most is left up to the imagination...of course the ending is also in a way that it makes more sense to the ones who's played the game
Old 2004-07-06, 00:09   Link #9
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Actually, I only read the full translation of Haruka's book-- it's on a thread here somewhere-- and that was good enough to set my mind at ease. For some reason, the book closed all the loopholes I had about the series. Perhaps I should post it here for the newer members-- it certainly answered any questions I had left. But, yeah DrkCntry, it's been several months since I've watched KGNE, and I still think about it sometimes, it was a good series:

Here's the link! : http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4676

Enjoy ^^
Old 2004-07-06, 00:57   Link #10
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
3. Sleeps with Mitsuki-- One of the most dramatic moments for me in the series. (Anyone else sense her desolation? My stomach also did a flip-flop b/c I was hoping that Mitsuki would end up with Takayuki, not Shinji)

Didn't you notice I called him a "BANG" prop? (he banged Mitsuki )

I certainly don't disagree with you, and I think you're taking my point wrongly. By saying he's a prop, I'm not saying that he's not pivotal to the story. I'm saying that he's not properly humanized. I thought that his character was there acting more as a catalyst to the story than being -real-. Whereas Haruka had a more fleshy-role since she provides the tug and thrust for the love triangle, Shinji was more of a tool in the anime.

I think Haruka was much more "real" and human than Shinji was; of course, mostly because she's given much more screen time. But my point on why Shinji is a prop is, I think, further evidenced by the fact that when Haruka was in the hospital, Shinji never once visited her, and Haruka never once talked or asked about Shinji. I think it's intentional by the creators so they can keep the plot streamlined and the focus tightened on the love triange. Still, it's pretty obvious that Shinji isn't there as a "dynamic" element, he's thrust into the story for pivotal moments and he's grossly under-developed, if any at all.

Think about it, when you see the picture at the end, don't you feel something's out of place? There's an irritating orange haired face there I thought that spoiled abit of the flow.

And also, by "closure", we don't mean... not knowing what happened. The closure NarutoHead and I are referring to are more of a.. mood.. thingy. :P I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, but we wanted something more definite between Bakayuki and Mitsuki, that's for sure. I don't disagree that the ending did a good job, I just... wanted... something... more. :P

Argh. I must really stop doing longs posts ;_;
Old 2004-07-06, 05:04   Link #11
kujoe
from head to heel

Maybe for closure, the series lacked a certain lasting emotional appeal? It was certainly a nice ending, but I thought it missed the mark by a (very) slim margin. On the other hand, I feel that the scene where Haruka says farewell was really well done, and I think that exemplified what the whole series was trying to show. Come to think of it, it's sort of interesting that while Haruka says goodbye to Takayuki during sunrise (or is it during sunset?), Takayuki and Mitsuki reconciles with each other under the rain.

Ambience Blue: Is that spoiler really true? Damn. I didn't notice that. I guess I have to see it again.
Old 2004-07-06, 15:36   Link #12
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Maybe for closure, the series lacked a certain lasting emotional appeal? It was certainly a nice ending, but I thought it missed the mark by a (very) slim margin. On the other hand, I feel that the scene where Haruka says farewell was really well done, and I think that exemplified what the whole series was trying to show. Come to think of it, it's sort of interesting that while Haruka says goodbye to Takayuki during sunrise (or is it during sunset?), Takayuki and Mitsuki reconciles with each other under the rain.
Agree with you about the ending missing the mark by a slim margin; it just didn't manage to make me go "aaaah.." with a satisfied breath. Gyaah. And I'm afraid you're looking into too much when you're drawing the opposites of the weather, I rather thought that Haruka's sunset was a symbol of something ending. The ending of a beautiful dream. Mitsuki's rain was more of a cliche' love scene effect we see in all dramas.
Old 2004-07-06, 16:01   Link #13
kujoe
from head to heel

Yup. I know I seem to be looking to much into it, but it's something I've noticed nevertheless both from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Certain images evoke certain emotions or meanings after all. I just wonder if it was intentional or just a conicidence. I was trained to spot such instances and unfortunately, it's become a bad habit.
Old 2004-07-06, 16:27   Link #14
arias

Quote:
Yup. I know I seem to be looking to much into it, but it's something I've noticed nevertheless both from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Certain images evoke certain emotions or meanings after all. I just wonder if it was intentional or just a conicidence. I was trained to spot such instances and unfortunately, it's become a bad habit.
I know what you mean, I'm a literature student myself Sometimes the line between intentional and accidental is very, very thin. Authors create "connections" they never even intend themselves.
Old 2004-07-07, 01:29   Link #15
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Didn't you notice I called him a "BANG" prop? (he banged Mitsuki )
Lol. I guess you're right about that one.
Quote:
I certainly don't disagree with you, and I think you're taking my point wrongly. By saying he's a prop, I'm not saying that he's not pivotal to the story. I'm saying that he's not properly humanized. Shinji was more of a tool in the anime.
I guess I was. I thought you meant Shinji was unimportant to the storyline, but I guess I did misunderstand you. Point well taken.
Quote:
Think about it, when you see the picture at the end, don't you feel something's out of place? There's an irritating orange haired face there I thought that spoiled abit of the flow.
Welll... Come to think of it now, it does seem a little strange that Shinji pops up drmatically in random places, then disappears back into the complacent oblivion of his otherwise-normal life...
Quote:
Ambience Blue: Is that spoiler really true? Damn. I didn't notice that. I guess I have to see it again.
Well... As I said before, it's up to personal interpretation. I strongly believe that's what it was. If you want, we can always have a long chat about the specific scenes and symbols I'm referring to on the NTHT thread.
Quote:
I know what you mean, I'm a literature student myself Sometimes the line between intentional and accidental is very, very thin. Authors create "connections" they never even intend themselves.
Haha, very tru. For instance, To Kill a Mockingbird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but
Spoiler for original intent of the book:
But then again, I'm a biochem/biophysics major, what can I say
Old 2004-07-07, 21:56   Link #16
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Now mind you, Shinji's character traits are pretty common...even in the game they use Shinji this way. Hell, then you get the nurses in the game, they're explained a bit better but within the anime itself, you get the feeling they are important but don't know why.

It's the character mystery and usage that forces a lot of people to think about the characters. Shinji's role is somewhat figured by the time we notice he's never around, he's a support role not a direct interest role. Through most of the series Haruka becomes a support role and a lingering plot thought, but Shinji is almost completely forgotten between the times he was gone to when he resurfaces. Even when they have dinner together that first time, you think very little on Shinji

The poor guy, I guess that's why Onigri made that evil fan-made episode :P
Old 2004-07-08, 01:07   Link #17
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Shinji feels like a different character in the anime

anime:
average college freshman.
prefers to be uninvolved and in his own little world.
"gee... you must be mad that I slept with her... Takayuki..? Takayuki..? ARGH! why did she choose you and not me? sob... sob..."

game:
pimp. wears a friggin pink shirt and gold necklace.
has enough decency to visit Haruka periodically and is more emphatic towards the current situation
"yeah, so I slept with her. I won't run away. bring it on!"

then again Takayuki wasn't all "ho hum.. you slept with Mitsuki" either in the game.
Old 2004-07-08, 01:15   Link #18
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Very true, when I played the game I got the distinct impression Shinji was running a brothel in his spare time

The fact that he is so different in the game compared to the anime still derrives on how much you actually see him. If I remember of the game, he visited Haruka 3 times in those 3 years (now I could be way off on that count, been a while), however they never really shed too much light into how he spent his time elsewhere. You only see him at key points in the game, such as when he and Mitsuki did their little thing...something that defines his role as supportive and not so much a direct impact, albeit he was a strong supportive role

I swear, I'm going to have to switch to my XPj and play it again and hope like hell my translation skills improve a lot better than what they currently are lol...

I'm also figuring the change to the anime was so that they wouldn't have to increase Shinji's screen time, thus actually taking away from the issues that Takayuki and Mitsuki faced. Even as much as Akane was in the game, I think she got more explained in the way they showed her on the anime...there was a different feel to her in the anime than there was in the game, I just can't put my finger on it though.
Old 2004-07-08, 11:59   Link #19
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Akane was a bitter little twit throughout the game, and in some cases she was nasty and selfish. Her self redemption didn't occur until Akane Maniax.

The anime tried to portray her in a more positive light.
Old 2004-07-08, 15:30   Link #20
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Very true, when I played the game I got the distinct impression Shinji was running a brothel in his spare time

The fact that he is so different in the game compared to the anime still derrives on how much you actually see him. If I remember of the game, he visited Haruka 3 times in those 3 years (now I could be way off on that count, been a while), however they never really shed too much light into how he spent his time elsewhere. You only see him at key points in the game, such as when he and Mitsuki did their little thing...something that defines his role as supportive and not so much a direct impact, albeit he was a strong supportive role

I swear, I'm going to have to switch to my XPj and play it again and hope like hell my translation skills improve a lot better than what they currently are lol...

I'm also figuring the change to the anime was so that they wouldn't have to increase Shinji's screen time, thus actually taking away from the issues that Takayuki and Mitsuki faced. Even as much as Akane was in the game, I think she got more explained in the way they showed her on the anime...there was a different feel to her in the anime than there was in the game, I just can't put my finger on it though.
Did they actually show h-scenes of Mitsuki - Shinji? :X

I'd be extremely pissed if they did.
Closed Thread