AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 14:52   Link #381
Ddraig

Look like Katsuie weak spot is her boobs and Niwa can surprisingly look scary when she in battle mode not calm and collect like her tactician mode.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:54   Link #382
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

this is really hard to follow if you dont know japanese history and all the names are really starting to get to me i cant tell whats a city and whats a person smh?
Old 2012-07-29, 14:58   Link #383
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sapper you did read the summaries on the social group right? Also, if you Google it on the internet it will bring up Wikipedia, which should give you some grasp of the history. The Light Novel actually include explanations of the Original History, but not all of that go in the anime because it is too long. I am looking forward to the next episode which is the start of vol 2.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:02   Link #384
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I was wondering if the next two weeks would be no nobuna due to the Olympic games
Old 2012-07-29, 15:03   Link #385
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really doubt it, Japan got more than one network airing anime so there is little chance of that.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:10   Link #386
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Feh, screw the Olympics...like half of them are going to get their medals stripped for one reason or another anyway...>< It sounds bad, but it's true.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:15   Link #387
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Need we say it again?

Oda Nobuna no Yabo has my vote for Best Anime for this season. Even watching Sword Art Online doesn't get me this excited, but it comes close sometimes. In SAO's case, it's living up to the hype it recieved. For ONnY, it's surprassing everything everyone's thrown at it. If there are others that are hating on this show, they just need to die - horribly.
I owe my gut feeling thanks for even remotely getting interested to watch this... in fact, a lot of shows this season break the scales of my first impression by a... terrifying margin but I can't say the same for SAO since we all kind of saw it coming

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:20   Link #388
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Say what you will about Sagara, he's definitely got his priorities straight. And what a brilliant negotiator!
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:26   Link #389
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This show is surprisingly good.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:28   Link #390
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

eps 4.....
while the story is so so
its animation is definitely the best this season

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:13   Link #391
Sumeragi
Banned

Something of interest:

Spoiler for Comparisons:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:19   Link #392
tsunade666

The animation is indeed superb which at first I didn't expect when I saw the it but still it manage to overcome my expectation and Saru is a likable character which is not constantly indecisive and stupid but has a set of goal that he will do.

I'm not sure of what to call that shota nobu-something (forgot his name) shota pimp or trap pimp. He really looks like a girl. He reminds me of Nene the other loli of this show.

The negotiation with Hanzou was done well even the chase. He really is using his knowledge of the future as his advantage and never waver on using it against his enemy and even make a deal with them. Though he is still kinda dependent on it too much because when he saw Okazama? (that place) as a mountain and not a castle he already give up.

He should learn real life strategy and other tactics while using his knowledge of the future as his advantage because just like that oji-san said. He is changing the future thus his knowledge of the game might not come true or change in events that he choose. So coping with real life strategy and tactics will help him analyze his stance on the battle.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:35   Link #393
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Haven't posted here for a while, but I guess it's time to change that, since this series continues to impress me. I mean, where can you find another series where the MC manages to survive meeting Hattori freakin Hanzou using only words and actually make it seem somewhat legit? The monkey king (I can't be the only one who has thought of that while watching this series, right?) is a pretty solid MC, altough in the end he can't escape from his harem MC status, as the finale of episode 4 proved it, but nevertheless, the pros still outweight the cons by a lot.

Also, props to the series for actually bringing up the possibility of history not going the expected way due to Yoshiharu's own actions, which in the end only motivated him to ensure it does as far as Nobuna goes, or even better.

Also, even with Katsuie's shame, fanservice is still at a minimum for a genderbent sengoku show. Oh, and loli bros, can't forget the loli bros.

Eighty points
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:40   Link #394
Sakanaka Shouko

I wonder what will happen to Yoshimoto now that she was kept alive.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:42   Link #395
Sumeragi
Banned

I suppose she'll have her uses. After all, she is the head of the Imagawa clan, a branch of the Minamoto clan by the Ashikaga clan (the Shogun clan as of this time).
Old 2012-07-29, 16:50   Link #396
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I suppose she'll have her uses. After all, she is the head of the Imagawa clan, a branch of the Minamoto clan by the Ashikaga clan (the Shogun clan as of this time).
All things considered, Imagawa Yoshimito was the top Daimyo to rule Japan before she was defeated. So she will be a big asset, especially towards Sagara due to the fact he saved her.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-29 at 17:11.
Old 2012-07-29, 17:13   Link #397
Sakanaka Shouko

Also, there's still Tokugawa Ieyasu(Matsudaira Motoyasu). She has yet to appear after the end of the war.
Old 2012-07-29, 17:15   Link #398
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I still am wondering what kind of animal she is (The Ears), Sumeragi said she was a Raccoon. She reminds me of Koala or a Bear.
Old 2012-07-29, 17:24   Link #399
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
this is really hard to follow if you dont know japanese history and all the names are really starting to get to me i cant tell whats a city and whats a person smh?
I don't know any sengoku history whatsoever. Zip. Nada. Nothing at all. And I can follow the story just fine.

You're trying too hard to understand this show in historical context. Instead, let all that go and just try to watch the show as just another story being told.

EDIT: Oh yeah and this show is still super-awesome!!! I think it's great they finished off the battle with some boob gropage, like to remind us that this isn't just a serious battle drama.
Old 2012-07-29, 17:31   Link #400
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I still am wondering what kind of animal she is (The Ears), Sumeragi said she was a Raccoon. She reminds me of Koala or a Bear.
Technically it's the tanuki (Japanese raccoon dog). The Matsudaira worshiped the tanuki, so basically Matsudaira had the traits of the tanuki. I just wrote raccoon because it's shorter to write (although the raccoon is not related to the tanuki except in appearance).

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen