AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-27, 15:11   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Episode 106 Discussion [Anime]

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week's upcoming episode which Vicious, Dranz or I will try to post this thread every Wednesday, since it’s the day the episode airs in Japan.

For the people who don't know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked as “Anime” in the title, so you don’t have to use spoiler tags. However, there are some exceptions.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Discussions in this thread can only involve the current and previous episodes. Members who are caught including events that take place after the current episode in their post will be handed a ban.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:
  1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
  2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
  3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask people to let me, and only me, do the Episode Discussion threads every week. Why? You may ask. Mainly, to avoid confusions and 10+ threads of eager people doing the episode threads. So, please, don’t make episode discussion threads without Vicious's Dranz's or my permission.

So there you have it, just to summarize and add new tidbits of rules:

There is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga or the anime raw episode, no spoilers for future events of the Manga that take place beyond this episode, no annoying questions asking for seeds, ZERO unnecessary spoilers, and try to keep it on topic.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 15:16   Link #2
LeafNinja

This was an okay episode, a rather blah way to end the arc. The resolution of the fight with Aoi and the animation were both really lackluster and I had actually liked the arc up until this point, which is somewhat of a shame. In any case, Sasuke's annoyance at the end and the preview for next week are about the only redeeming qualities for me.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 16:00   Link #3
wb_hicks

i have to agree the end fight was a bit of a let down for me too. but a good side is it made sasuke start to resent naruto.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 16:30   Link #4
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Agreed , i should say that the preview looked fairly great
Cant wait to see 107 , finnaly my fave arc begins .
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:07   Link #5
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
I didnt really like at all how easily Aoi got beaten like that... That entire part was really lame.

It was good seeing the tension between Sasuke and Naruto though, and the preview made me very happy..!
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:26   Link #6
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

where do you get the RAW anyway ?
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:27   Link #7
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I actually think the whole arc was not bad since it gives Sasuke more motivation for his actions later on. Poor delusioned kid, I feel somewhat sorry for him especially last episode when Aoi started throwing his weakness in his face by mentioning his brother. Even after everything, he is still constantly being compared with his brother...
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:32   Link #8
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Thumbs down

Right... everyone keeps saying "this explains what Sasuke does later"

so

Spoiler for what i think he does:

And the fight in 106 better not just be "rasengan'd" Aoi.
Old 2004-10-27, 17:36   Link #9
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Yuri
Right... everyone keeps saying "this explains what Sasuke does later"

so

Spoiler for what i think he does:

And the fight in 106 better not just be "rasengan'd" Aoi.
Not quite. The first two words were right.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:47   Link #10
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Spoiler:

sounds good.
Old 2004-10-27, 18:48   Link #11
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Yuri
Spoiler:

sounds good.
Yup. And it is good. You guys are in for quite a treat. This upcoming arc is my favorite so far.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 19:01   Link #12
swerv
Stay Up

Wow DB are quick, nice going!

Good to see things are back to normal after the split
Old 2004-10-27, 19:05   Link #13
wb_hicks

ya this new arc will show everyone going 110%. compared to the chunnin selection exam i say they dont hold a candle to their current status in this arc. but back on topic aoi was pretty weak. even tho he maybe a juunin of the rain village he was only a chuunin in the leaf. so if he is a chunnin lvl ninja its understandable how he lost to naruto. but to bad sasuke doesnt know that he was the reason that naruto was able to win. the tension has been building since the bridge arc. he wasnt able to defeat haku but im sure he heard it was naruto who beat him. he couldnt beat garaa then watched naruto go head to head with him. his brother is more interested in naruto then he is in him, and now he is told he is the weakest of his clan and made to look like nothing. to top it off aoi was defeated by naruto, the same naruto that has the worst academy scores in the village history. the loser of the losers, shit talkign weakling that sucks at everything. just to see him go from that to someone out of his reach within a yrs time. ya sasuke cant help but me mental at this point
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:06   Link #14
boler

oh oh oh 83% done on BT cant wait to see it if anything its anew episode
boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:44   Link #15
PsiNide

Sweet Thrusday morning release! (for us Aussies)

Go go DB! Thats what i call speed!

Last edited by PsiNide; 2004-10-27 at 20:47. Reason: my speelin wase badd!
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:49   Link #16
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I don't know what was more exiting.

The Aoi/Naruto battle.

or the Previews of next weeks episode.

OMFG, My arousal has grown to monumental hights!
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:59   Link #17
OshadowO

All I gotta say is they did a damn good job of setting up what comes next. They overused the special moves in this Arc a bit too much but in the end they tied it back to the main story very very well
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 21:59   Link #18
ULTRAMAN
Banned

>>>Man the drawings and animation was pretty bad. -_- When Naruto was doing rasengan it looked like he was slowly making and smoothing out a snow ball......
ULTRAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 22:02   Link #19
Zek
Eyebrows...

This episode was blah but the preview is definitely the highlight. Hopefully they'll pull out the good animators for this one, and hopefully their fight filler isn't as crappy as it was this episode...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 22:11   Link #20
xavier8200

I thought that the Aoi Fight was pretty weak. So far hes thrown some poison needles and used a sword from the second that doesn't seem to cut anyone just electricute them (obviously with no great charge). Everyone can get hit by the sword and not be cut or seriously injured. And Idate just spinning into some water was one of the worst endings for a fight ever. I guess they want to hurry to the next arc.

Bad things about the arc:

1. The way it ended (aoi's defeat)
2. The way that Chidori was pitted against Rasengan.
(now Sasuke probably thinks that naruto's rasengan is a stronger move)
3. Using this arc as a catalyst for the next arc. (Post Konoha invasion would have been better)
4. Anything that I may have missed

Good things about the arc.
1. Wasted time so the manga doesnt catch the anime as quickly.
2. Sakura was useful a couple of times
3. Got to see family of Idate (chuunin examiner)
4. Naruto was showed a different way to use rasengan
5. the arc is over.

So basically im sort of impartial, the arc wasn't really needed but I understand its purpose, to give the manga production team more time to come up with manga chapters. This arc didnt really help the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke thing. not as much as the gaara fight would have.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote