Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-23, 18:25   Link #621
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I remember the name Lamune... I think I watched a few episodes a very long time ago and got bored very quickly. IIRC wasn't the main guy in the first episode blind or something?
Nah, that's H2O Footprints in the Sand. Lamune takes place out in a seaside country town, and he and his childhood friend have a vegetable field. It's still a very understated show (for the most part), so wouldn't surprise me if you still got bored of it, assuming you watched it... but it was a rather touching romance all in all.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:27   Link #622
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hate anime particularly romance anime where the couples end up separated or without progress... at all....
Old 2013-06-23, 23:45   Link #623
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
....Lamune takes place out in a seaside country town, and he and his childhood friend have a vegetable field. It's still a very understated show (for the most part), so wouldn't surprise me if you still got bored of it, assuming you watched it... but it was a rather touching romance all in all.
Agreed! ^^

Count me among those who enjoyed this series....
Old 2013-06-24, 00:15   Link #624
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
@RF: Sorry I got the names confused then. Yeh it was H20... that one bored me to tears lol. Don't think I watched Lamune then.

On a related note... it's been really ages since I watched a top tier VN anime adaptation. The last one was ef tale of memories and to a lesser extent Clannad After Story (if it wasn't for the pointless first 8 episodes and the terrible ending). Mashi-iro and Koichoco were decent but nothing I would rate over a 7/10 at most.

I'm itching something for like a *eden adaptation or a Sharin no Kuni/G Senjou adaptation... done by a respectable studio (i.e. Not Deen).
Old 2013-06-24, 02:59   Link #625
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
@RF: Sorry I got the names confused then. Yeh it was H20... that one bored me to tears lol. Don't think I watched Lamune then.

On a related note... it's been really ages since I watched a top tier VN anime adaptation. The last one was ef tale of memories and to a lesser extent Clannad After Story (if it wasn't for the pointless first 8 episodes and the terrible ending). Mashi-iro and Koichoco were decent but nothing I would rate over a 7/10 at most.

I'm itching something for like a *eden adaptation or a Sharin no Kuni/G Senjou adaptation... done by a respectable studio (i.e. Not Deen).
Aside from your dislike of Clannad AS I agree with you there. It's been too long since the last time I saw a good VN translated to the tv screen.
Old 2013-06-26, 21:34   Link #626
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Honestly, Gundam SEED Destiny. I don't consider it the best but I enjoy it due to how the focus on multiple groups and how the media can get people's attention. I also really liked the resolution. Some Gundam fights are very interesting and while there is recycled animation the films use new animation.

Everytime somebody complains about the show I find them hard to take seriously because they just try to blame the writer or director for being bias. When I hear how the series "should have ended" I immediately understand why it didn't happen: Because Destiny would have turned into a Zeta Gundam ripoff. SEED already differed from the original Gundam quite a lot with the hero and the rival becoming partners rather than mortal enemies. But yeah, that's my opinion.
Old 2013-06-27, 01:18   Link #627
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Everytime somebody complains about the show I find them hard to take seriously because they just try to blame the writer or director for being bias. When I hear how the series "should have ended" I immediately understand why it didn't happen: Because Destiny would have turned into a Zeta Gundam ripoff. SEED already differed from the original Gundam quite a lot with the hero and the rival becoming partners rather than mortal enemies. But yeah, that's my opinion.
Not sure if trolling or... You may want to revisit the UC timeline and Amuro's story.

I have little familiarity with the Destiny series, so I can't really say much about it. Seed on the other hand I didn't necessarily love but there was a lot there to like. After all, drama aside there was some really good stuff there. There's also some nice extraneous bits to that timeline as is often true for a new Gundam series. I know a lot of people really do hate Seed, but honestly I could watch Seed for far longer than I could stand to put up with the Zetas.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:01   Link #628
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Not sure if trolling or... You may want to revisit the UC timeline and Amuro's story.

I have little familiarity with the Destiny series, so I can't really say much about it. Seed on the other hand I didn't necessarily love but there was a lot there to like. After all, drama aside there was some really good stuff there. There's also some nice extraneous bits to that timeline as is often true for a new Gundam series. I know a lot of people really do hate Seed, but honestly I could watch Seed for far longer than I could stand to put up with the Zetas.
How did I troll? Did I say it wrong? Since people compared Zeta with Destiny I've just compared SEED with the original Gundam. Nothing else.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:04   Link #629
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I'm not really seeing much similarity between Gundam Seed and the original Mobile Suit Gundam. I mean, there's the bit where a kid takes over a strange and wondrous mecha to fight an invading force, but that's an old standby of Sunrise mecha shows in general - Even Valvrave has it.

Amuro has no Lacus Clyne equivalent. He has no Athrun equivalent. He's not a Kira-level pacifist. Kira doesn't have a constant rival quite like Char Aznable. I don't recall Kira getting Bright-slapped much either.
Old 2013-06-27, 14:09   Link #630
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think when it comes to comparisons regarding Seed and the original series, people are generally talking about the skeleton plot structure that is evident in both series:

Spoiler for plot for both shows:

Of course this is really just the bare bones. The original and SEED are fleshed out in many different ways, so whilst I sympathise with those that say they're similar, I also agree that in the the end SEED is different enough.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:34   Link #631
Traece
:cool:

Like I said, obviously some revisiting of Amuro's story needs to be done.

Spoiler for More Gundam talk.:

The point to be made is, Seed may be different in many ways but it's still a Gundam. However, I liked it because it was a Gundam. Typically franchises such as these draw on their previous incarnations. Fans like a certain thing, so they pull from that mold and then shape enough details to make it different. You get a mix of what you know and something new. Macross and Final Fantasy are a lot like this as well.

This is a good segue to Turn A Gundam, which I should plug as a series that I loved that I'm pretty sure a lot of people hated. Turn A was great for not being so clear with that mold, and for having a rather hilarious idea. I think what made that series so likable for me was that I didn't take it so very seriously, because when you're pulling Zakus out of the desert as ancient war machines to re-purpose it's hard to keep a straight face.
Old 2013-07-16, 22:05   Link #632
Joyce_Steele
Banned

I can't say I'm a fan of Love Lab yet but it already got lots of bashing just because it just another moe slice-of-life show. In fact anything with "moe" will attract lots of hatred, especially in English-speaking communities.
Old 2013-07-17, 01:15   Link #633
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Nah, that's H2O Footprints in the Sand. Lamune takes place out in a seaside country town, and he and his childhood friend have a vegetable field. It's still a very understated show (for the most part), so wouldn't surprise me if you still got bored of it, assuming you watched it... but it was a rather touching romance all in all.
Only anime I can associate the word "Lamune" is the NG Knight Lamune & 40 series of whacky, very-era-reflecting Akahori madness. It was like the pinnacle of the "it's all the same shit" syndrome.

Quote:
Fun fact: Lamune was actually one of the first subbed anime I ever watched. Nobody knows it exists.

I feel that Crest and Banner of the Stars are quite unknown as well, despite being a pretty fantastic series.
Crest/Banner of the Stars is hardly unknown, due to being based on popular Sci-Fi novel series. At least in Japan.
The biggest problem is, like with any other series based on long running novels on hiatus like Tweleve Kingdom, is the source material being... well... on hiatus for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Even Valvrave has it.
"Even"? Man, Valverave copied the first Gundam episode nearly down to a tee.
I was like, wtf, this is like exactly modern take of infiltration of Side 7!
....Then came the vampire scene which made me go ROFL turn the TV off, bro.
Old 2013-07-17, 21:15   Link #634
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Only anime I can associate the word "Lamune" is the NG Knight Lamune & 40 series of whacky, very-era-reflecting Akahori madness. It was like the pinnacle of the "it's all the same shit" syndrome.

Crest/Banner of the Stars is hardly unknown, due to being based on popular Sci-Fi novel series. At least in Japan.
The biggest problem is, like with any other series based on long running novels on hiatus like Tweleve Kingdom, is the source material being... well... on hiatus for decades.

"Even"? Man, Valverave copied the first Gundam episode nearly down to a tee.
I was like, wtf, this is like exactly modern take of infiltration of Side 7!
....Then came the vampire scene which made me go ROFL turn the TV off, bro.
The information from your opinion is new to me. Lamune is my childhood memory. A lot of my classmates buy this glasses bottle drink with vidro(ビー玉) inside. People used to play vidro a lot.

War Flag of Star Realm and Emblem of Star Realm have rather controversial view on politics.

Valvrave only take few element from Gundam. It also has elements from other anime. Most people may not heard about them. Valvrave story is still basically original.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-07-18, 01:04   Link #635
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The information from your opinion is new to me. Lamune is my childhood memory. A lot of my classmates buy this glasses bottle drink with vidro(ビー玉) inside. People used to play vidro a lot.

War Flag of Star Realm and Emblem of Star Realm have rather controversial view on politics.

Valvrave only take few element from Gundam. It also has elements from other anime. Most people may not heard about them. Valvrave story is still basically original.
No I mean, specifically "anime associated with the word Lamune". Not association with the word Lamune alone.
The word Lamune by itself, of course, is either the soda drink with a marble, or one of those pez-like candies.

As for Valvrave, I'm specifically talking about episode one, which closely resembled the invasion of Side 7. Once vamps came around, all that got tossed aside of course.
Old 2013-07-18, 02:28   Link #636
TaquishaJohnson

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan doesn't seem to be very popular, but I thought it was hysterical. The whole "club-to-death" gag was, somewhat ironically, probably the least funny thing about the show, so it's unfortunate that it's so predominant. Other stuff, though, like the monkey, and the faces, and the painting, and so on and so forth... Hilarious. My friends and I picked it up impulsively for $15 one day, and we all cried tears of laughter that night.
Old 2013-07-18, 17:09   Link #637
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaquishaJohnson View Post
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan doesn't seem to be very popular, but I thought it was hysterical. The whole "club-to-death" gag was, somewhat ironically, probably the least funny thing about the show, so it's unfortunate that it's so predominant. Other stuff, though, like the monkey, and the faces, and the painting, and so on and so forth... Hilarious. My friends and I picked it up impulsively for $15 one day, and we all cried tears of laughter that night.
You're not alone, don't worry mate. A friend of mine showed me an episode a few years back and it just cracked me up. It's pretty basic humour but it works perfectly. Sometimes I miss more shows like it.
Old 2013-07-20, 00:53   Link #638
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
This show KILLS me.

PIPIPIRUPIRUPIPIRU PIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!
Old 2013-07-20, 01:04   Link #639
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
PIPIPIRUPIRUPIPIRU PIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!
FWIW, it's Pipirupirupirupipirupi

That sad thing is that I remembered this without having to look it up...
Old 2013-07-20, 01:58   Link #640
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
One of my most hated anime.... It's BS..... It doesn't make any sense....
Closed Thread