AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 02:23   Link #1281
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Spoiler for In response to the spoilers.:
...Lol only fighting is considered "doing something" now? Ed did something in this very chapter, he pointed out how the supposed "Truth" wasn't real. He also figured out that there was some risk to the homunculi as well in forcing Mustang to transmute. (yes it's been a full day since the scanlation has been out, so I'm done with spoiler tags)

And not long ago, he was the one to see through Envy's true feelings, which was what caused the latter to commit suicide.

And even if you only consider fighting as doing something, he fought and held back Pride by copying Greed's carbonized hardening in chapter 87.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 04:34   Link #1282
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
zebra:

Spoiler for Ch 103:
I really do have a problem with thinking simple, do I? XD
... but then again if it's the arm itself, why does everyone else needs to clap they're hands - thus creating a circle - before transmuting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for 103:
Well, since they seem to be working with/for Scar, I thought they must be doing that other transmutation cycle, when they flipped the notes over. Which just might be a counter. Well countering the big cycle around Ametris might be impossible, but attacking one of the points or the center might make it harder for Father. .. I just can't see father being ignorant of the fact that someone might have the idea of countering the transmutation circle, that's why I can't see them stopping him completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Also I always wonder if we'll ever get to hear Scar's real name in these final chapters, man I totally want to know! (pretty pls Arakawa-sensei!)
I actually would prefer that he stays nameless.

I find it extremely unlikely that he gets a happy end or redeems himself (towards himself) - and that are the only situations where I can think of him wanting to pick up his name again. He IS a series killer after all. Yeah he could just go live in Xing, but Scar just doesn't seem the type to forget injustice - so I don't think he would forget the things he's done. He's not the same guy anymore. Just like Mustang won't forget he's a murderer, too.
But on the other hand ... if he does learn to bear it like his sensei wants him to, he might get his name back ..~

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
One of the greatest things about this manga is its ability to be unpredictable without feeling random, something so many other action manga fail miserably at.
Quoted for thruth

Quote:
Actually, I don't really get why ed is still the most popular character. He hasn't done shit in about 30 chapters, sine his fight with kimblee, really.
Ed is awesome, that's why. Is nice of him to let the others have some lime light befor he kicks fathers ass, isn't it?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:58   Link #1283
Battler-kun

Scar is just awesome. With his abilities he won't lose the fight now.

And it is satisfying to see this useless Roy. Hope he doesn't get his eyesight back. He has been so annoying all the time thinking so high of himself, being arrogant. Now he's surely back to reality.
There are enough other people fighting the end bosses.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:05   Link #1284
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Scar is just awesome. With his abilities he won't lose the fight now.

And it is satisfying to see this useless Roy. Hope he doesn't get his eyesight back. He has been so annoying all the time thinking so high of himself, being arrogant. Now he's surely back to reality.
There are enough other people fighting the end bosses.
wtf do you mean arrogant? Wanting to change your nation for the better is not arrogance.

If anything, he's a little too hard on himself. He hates himself for not being able to save more people on both sides of the ishval conflict, despite how highly he's regarded as a hero for fighting at the forefront and ensuring that basically his whole unit survived. While everyone else was drowning in the glory of victory, Roy was already thinking about how he could change things for the better.

That's not arrogance, that's ambition.

And I don't see how you can think Roy is annoying.
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:45   Link #1285
GaimeGuy

Also, with regards to Ch 103...

Spoiler for Ch 103:
Old 2010-01-11, 10:17   Link #1286
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...Lol only fighting is considered "doing something" now? Ed did something in this very chapter, he pointed out how the supposed "Truth" wasn't real. He also figured out that there was some risk to the homunculi as well in forcing Mustang to transmute. (yes it's been a full day since the scanlation has been out, so I'm done with spoiler tags)
There's no point Endless Twilight, we should just give up on these people who don't get it.

On another note Roy arrogant? Not in the least! Yes he showed confidence in himself but I believe that is something he needs to accomplish his goals. However not only does Roy believe in himself, he also believes in those who are under and supporting him. That is what makes him a great leader.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:36   Link #1287
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He probably got it confused with StarCraft Wraith, which also has a cloaking ability and is invisible much like the Shade in Warcraft III.
Well, it was either Starcraft or Halo, and as unreliable as my memory is, I don't think I could mistake a scouting unit for a covenant tank.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope to see a good conclusion to his battle with Scar next chapter...Also I always wonder if we'll ever get to hear Scar's real name in these final chapters, man I totally want to know! (pretty pls Arakawa-sensei!)
I think the only place that we might see Scar's real name is on his tombstone, but it might be an empty grave; symbolically Scar putting his past behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
... but then again if it's the arm itself, why does everyone else needs to clap they're hands - thus creating a circle - before transmuting?
Take a look at this.

The circle is either the helix at the top of the picture (it makes a circle of circles when it's wrapped around the arm) or it's the standard looking alchemical circle hidden under the main image. So as you can see, Scar uses circles just like all the other alchemists that haven't seen the truth and he doesn't have make a circle by clapping, because he has one tattooed. The biggest difference between him and other alchemists (other than the hybrid alchemy that he uses) is that he uses construction and destruction just like the alchemists that have seen the truth.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:49   Link #1288
GaimeGuy

Hey I'm just saying that Ed's kind of been in the background compared to, well, pretty much all of the other main-ish characters for a while now IMO. Hasn't really been in the SPOTLIGHT for a long time.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:27   Link #1289
Kirarakim

Quote:
Hey I'm just saying that Ed's kind of been in the background compared to, well, pretty much all of the other main-ish characters for a while now IMO. Hasn't really been in the SPOTLIGHT for a long time.
I suppose but I am sure he will be in the spotlight in the finale. The thing about FMA it really isn't just about one or two characters, even if you happen to be the title character.

In fact I almost wish Arakawa didn't name the manga Fullmetal Alchemist because now people expect it to always be about Ed.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:44   Link #1290
Sannom

Quote:
But you told me a while ago that the Ultimate Eye was in fact the Ultimate Eyes (like sharingans), that both his eyes got the power, and I thought that made sense! So if it's true, even though he has lost his left eye now he may not have lost his power, right?
And I stand by my previous declarations : for me, if Wrath indeed has powers linked to his left eye (something I'm unsure of. Seeing how fast and dangerous Scar can be, I would have no difficulties to believe that Wrath's eyes is all a bluff and that his reflexes are just the results of a normal human's abilties heightened by the philosopher's stone), then both his eyes have it.

Quote:
There are circles on Scar's arms : some of the tattoos make a complete turn around the limb.

Quote:
I actually would prefer that he stays nameless.

I find it extremely unlikely that he gets a happy end or redeems himself (towards himself) - and that are the only situations where I can think of him wanting to pick up his name again. He IS a series killer after all. Yeah he could just go live in Xing, but Scar just doesn't seem the type to forget injustice - so I don't think he would forget the things he's done. He's not the same guy anymore. Just like Mustang won't forget he's a murderer, too.
But on the other hand ... if he does learn to bear it like his sensei wants him to, he might get his name back ..~
Arakawa said in a Q&A at the end of volume 15 that she had a reason for not revealing Scar's name despite having already decided what it was. So she probably is going to reveal it soon, probably during that fight. It would be fitting, because despite what Bradley thought at the beginning, him and Scar aren't the same : Scar has bonds and people to fight for. This might be the occasion for him to take back his name if he thinks he now has the right to bear it again.

I can see a happy ending of sort for Scar. Not in Amestris, nor in Ishbal though. If he lives, he will probably go with May to Xing as a companion and "tutor". That's the end I would like for him at least. Can't say if it will happen, but it's the only "happy" ending I can see for him : with his past, he would only be burden to the Ishbalans if they try to integrate themselves back into Amestris.

[QUOTE=GaimeGuy;2862705]
wtf do you mean arrogant? Wanting to change your nation for the better is not arrogance.
/QUOTE]

Many people think Winry is annoying and I still can't see why And Roy gets on my nerves from time to time too. He has the same arrogance than all alchemists possess because of their status as "creator" and he's most of the time extremely cocky when fighting because of the power of his alchemy (ultimate alchemy, my arse!). Brotherhood hit it right on the spot in the first episode, when Mustang went all "I'm not weak, damn it!" while destroying ice walls, because Isaac soundly humiliated him a moment before And yes, a part of me was happy to see Wrath show him who was boss in their short confrontation in chapter 101 Told you the Flame Alchemist didn't hold a candle to the blade master.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:59   Link #1291
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Take a look at this.

The circle is either the helix at the top of the picture (it makes a circle of circles when it's wrapped around the arm) or it's the standard looking alchemical circle hidden under the main image. So as you can see, Scar uses circles just like all the other alchemists that haven't seen the truth and he doesn't have make a circle by clapping, because he has one tattooed. The biggest difference between him and other alchemists (other than the hybrid alchemy that he uses) is that he uses construction and destruction just like the alchemists that have seen the truth.
I can't see the image, but I looked it up myself and you're right Totally missed the circle tattooes. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I can find my peace now ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
Arakawa said in a Q&A at the end of volume 15 that she had a reason for not revealing Scar's name despite having already decided what it was. So she probably is going to reveal it soon, probably during that fight. It would be fitting, because despite what Bradley thought at the beginning, him and Scar aren't the same : Scar has bonds and people to fight for. This might be the occasion for him to take back his name if he thinks he now has the right to bear it again.

I can see a happy ending of sort for Scar. Not in Amestris, nor in Ishbal though. If he lives, he will probably go with May to Xing as a companion and "tutor". That's the end I would like for him at least. Can't say if it will happen, but it's the only "happy" ending I can see for him : with his past, he would only be burden to the Ishbalans if they try to integrate themselves back into Amestris.
Gah, now I wonder what reason she might have to hold it back. "To bear the name again" would actually be very fitting. Would add to him bearing his hatred instead of carrying out revenge. But I wonder if it's just gonna be for effect or will have a plot significance.
Well yes, he can't stay in Amestris, no matter who runs for Führer. If he'd return with Mei he might have tasks waiting for him. Helping to make the world a better place is better then just dying. It's still hard for me to picture, since he has so many issues with himself, but if he'd overcome it all .. that would be a great thing I guess.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 14:12   Link #1292
Sannom

Quote:
Gah, now I wonder what reason she might have to hold it back. "To bear the name again" would actually be very fitting. Would add to him bearing his hatred instead of carrying out revenge. But I wonder if it's just gonna be for effect or will have a plot significance.
I don't think it has a plot significance, but I believe it has a strong significance in itself, it must means something. And for him to forsake it, it must have had a meaning that went to dust after the war.

I'm torn between the overly serious, like "Protector" or something, or the absolutely silly like 'The one who likes cats"
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 14:58   Link #1293
Bombo
TSF Fans

Man i loved chapter 103 go scar.!!

King Bradley ../bow ...You will never give up no matter what <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:24   Link #1294
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

I don't understand Mei's logic, she throws a kunai at Father and clearly see's it wasn't effective at all and doesn't do any damage to him, so then she decides to kick him? lol

@gamieguy: Most people don't choose their favorite characters based on their fights, they chose it for personality. Otherwise in the next poll Wrath is gonna be in first place.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:56   Link #1295
Kirarakim

I think Sannom is on to something about Scar revealing his name in conjunction with his battle with Wrath. I don't usually like to support theories one way or another (because I am usually wrong) but this seems to be a good guess and it would go along with over developments for Scar (such as taking on the reconstruction tattoo). And Scar revealing his name would separate him from Bradley. And again I agree with Sannon that despite what Bradley says, Scar and him are not the same.

Although I still want to see what role Mrs. Bradley will play in all of this.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:56   Link #1296
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
I don't understand Mei's logic, she throws a kunai at Father and clearly see's it wasn't effective at all and doesn't do any damage to him, so then she decides to kick him? lol
Ever seen the old Superman movie, where the villain shoots at Superman, only to have all the bullets bounce off his chest?
Then the villain runs out of ammo, so he throws the gun at Superman, and even though Superman just stood there taking all the shots till now, he suddenly decides to dodge the thrown gun?

Yeah.
Old 2010-01-13, 00:31   Link #1297
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Not too much happened here, though it was a great chapter. Can't believe Mei's actually trying to take down Father, I hope nothing happens to her. =[ And I am also tired of Riza and the others just standing above, looking worried lol. It's time for them to do something, since Mei already jumped down there.
Old 2010-01-14, 10:52   Link #1298
walt

Mei is fearless and furious - like true future Empress
so if Alfonce will lose his ages
they will be good couples)
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 20:20   Link #1299
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
Mei is fearless and furious - like true future Empress
so if Alfonce will lose his ages
they will be good couples)
Yep, really good month for Mei. Not only does she appear with Al in the new anime op, but she simply orders the Elric brothers to let her take down the strongest enemy on her own; awesome enough, in itself. She may have thought that sustained attacks from close range would have a better chance of getting through Father's defence, but alas, no. Sure she's going to be alright though.

Quote:
Not too much happened here, though it was a great chapter. Can't believe Mei's actually trying to take down Father, I hope nothing happens to her. =[ And I am also tired of Riza and the others just standing above, looking worried lol. It's time for them to do something, since Mei already jumped down there.
Alas, Father's shadow body seems to have extended around the walls (hence, they're 'inside him') and will probably block further help from arriving. Poor Riza, it looks like Scar will be stealing the show if he uses his brother's alchemy to reverse the giant transmutation circle, with the help of the Ishbalans.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:11   Link #1300
Jarmel

This was an interesting chapter but still parts of it seemed unnecessary and seemed to drag on(like Mrs.Bradley, we got the point a couple of chapters ago). Ed figuring out about "Truth" was a nice start in the right direction and he also addressed a plot hole other shows would have ignored. It also makes Mustang's choice earlier have some meaning. Gotta love the Scar twist though and still impressed by the tank that is Bradley.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote