Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-05-10, 08:03   Link #5201
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
He's cowering at the bottom of the ocean, remember?
But THE BOY WHO STARES AT THE SEA might summon him forth
Old 2011-05-10, 14:45   Link #5202
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
He's cowering at the bottom of the ocean, remember?
Hades: Ultear, get that fine ass here rigth now! We need to grab Zeref and get the f*ck out of here!
Ultear: What about the rest of the Kin!
Hades: Screw'em! Gildartz is here, we get the f*ck out! Game Over, woman, Game Over!

I have a theory. Cana did not fail to perform Fairy Glitter. What Fairy Glitter does is summon GIldartz.
Truly a magic worthy of standing above Fairy Law.
Old 2011-05-10, 15:15   Link #5203
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I have a theory. Cana did not fail to perform Fairy Glitter. What Fairy Glitter does is summon GIldartz.
Truly a magic worthy of standing above Fairy Law.
So what happens when Gildartz uses Fairy Glitter? :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 15:21   Link #5204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Exactly.
Old 2011-05-10, 16:47   Link #5205
MisterJB
Warden of the West

One of two things:

1-Nothing happens since he is already there.

2-The very fabric of the Universe shatters and all Creation implodes.

So, as you can imagine, Gildzart is not willing to give it a try and see what happens. Only he could survive such an event.
Old 2011-05-10, 18:00   Link #5206
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
One of two things:

So, as you can imagine, Gildzart is not willing to give it a try and see what happens. Only he could survive such an event.
haha so basically either the most useless magic ever or the best magic ever, just depends on how you spin it eh

Well we all knew he was gonna make a heroes entrance and nothing like a heroes-in-the-nick-of-time entrance to say "bad ass mofo"

And you know what I really like is that Mashima ended the chapter without Gil saying anything, his expression says more than enough and that someone is gonna be the beat down of their life.

Oh and love Natsu "forget this arsehole in front of me, Cana made it to the grave!?" priorities, shoune male leads just don't know the word
Old 2011-05-10, 21:05   Link #5207
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ha i knew his butt would show up in a rage!
Old 2011-05-10, 21:19   Link #5208
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Sorry know this is offtopic from the awesome chapter we just got yesterday but this is manga related and I had to share this...

I just picked up Kodansha Comics English version of volume 13 (they took over from Del Rey) and I got to say something....

I understand a slight variance in the spelling of a name from the scans. Like Juvia Loxar becoming Juvia Lockser , that said...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-05-10 at 22:19.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 22:24   Link #5209
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
One of three things:

3-Gildartz would be in two places at once without any power loss

So, as you can imagine, Gildzart hasn't needed to give it a try since he's just that strong. The Black Dragon ran away when he started to call forth this power. Gildartz could have beat him but he wanted Natsu to feel needed, so he's chosen not to regenerate for the time being.
Fixed.
Old 2011-05-11, 02:57   Link #5210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Sorry know this is offtopic from the awesome chapter we just got yesterday but this is manga related and I had to share this...

I just picked up Kodansha Comics English version of volume 13 (they took over from Del Rey) and I got to say something....

I understand a slight variance in the spelling of a name from the scans. Like Juvia Loxar becoming Juvia Lockser , that said...

Spoiler:
Seeing as though at one point it looked like we weren't going to see any more releases of the manga, i can easily ignore a few changes to the name translations.

Apart from that, is the release alright? Hoping my shops have a copy instock today.
Old 2011-05-11, 04:25   Link #5211
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I just realized, since Gildartz is back so is Bixlow and Fried (hopefully) so we may get to see a written law vs imagination battle, which should be pretty awesome.
Old 2011-05-11, 10:09   Link #5212
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing as though at one point it looked like we weren't going to see any more releases of the manga, i can easily ignore a few changes to the name translations.

Apart from that, is the release alright? Hoping my shops have a copy instock today.
My local store only had 4 copies when I got there. Not sure if that means they sold a lot or the first batch the store got was small... So hopefully they'll still have copies when you get there.

As to future releases it appears Fairy Tail volumes will be on a 2 month cycle with Kodansha Comics. Volume 14 will be out July 14th, Volume 15 will be out September 27th, and Volume 16 will be out November 8th.

I've only compared about half of it to the scans but over all not much to grip about that wasn't to be expected... Such as the swearing of Laxus toned down (he says turd instead of shit) and the obvious removal of the work nakama from all the points it was in.

I've seen no other names glaringly wrong... Freed Justine is Freed Justine and Gajeel Redfox is is Gajeel Redfox for example so no change at all with either of them. Some of the very minor FT members have slightly edited names but I mean people even more in the background than Warren.

Freed's Magic uses the Japanese name "Jutsa-Shiki" not calling it his restriction or rune spell as I've seen in some scans. When Makarov explains it he calls it a ward not a barrier.

While there is a translation section in the back explaining some stuff it didn't strike me as detailed as the Del Rey version and it didn't explain the choice of Bixlow's spell.

So over all I've had no negative feelings about it, especially after the lack of volumes for a year now... but the Bickslow spelling just made me LOL at it's randomness. I would recommend getting.
Old 2011-05-11, 11:02   Link #5213
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I know Gildarts is trying to be Gar and angry, but any one else feels the bulging veins seem to be more than that?
Overly rampant bulging veins in manga typically mean over-exertion or great effort rather than anger.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:15   Link #5214
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
My local store only had 4 copies when I got there. Not sure if that means they sold a lot or the first batch the store got was small... So hopefully they'll still have copies when you get there.

As to future releases it appears Fairy Tail volumes will be on a 2 month cycle with Kodansha Comics. Volume 14 will be out July 14th, Volume 15 will be out September 27th, and Volume 16 will be out November 8th.

I've only compared about half of it to the scans but over all not much to grip about that wasn't to be expected... Such as the swearing of Laxus toned down (he says turd instead of shit) and the obvious removal of the work nakama from all the points it was in.

I've seen no other names glaringly wrong... Freed Justine is Freed Justine and Gajeel Redfox is is Gajeel Redfox for example so no change at all with either of them. Some of the very minor FT members have slightly edited names but I mean people even more in the background than Warren.

Freed's Magic uses the Japanese name "Jutsa-Shiki" not calling it his restriction or rune spell as I've seen in some scans. When Makarov explains it he calls it a ward not a barrier.

While there is a translation section in the back explaining some stuff it didn't strike me as detailed as the Del Rey version and it didn't explain the choice of Bixlow's spell.

So over all I've had no negative feelings about it, especially after the lack of volumes for a year now... but the Bickslow spelling just made me LOL at it's randomness. I would recommend getting.

One thing I'd like to add to this which I forgot too... in ch 106 when the Raijinshuu destroyed the dark guild seems to have been edited.

The dark guild Ghoul Spirit is a "shadow" guild not a guild lurking in the shadows. 2 pages later in all the scans they mentioned them doing illegal stuff because they where weak, but here they're just stated as being simply too weak to form an official guild with no illegal activity mentioned at all. So it implies they attacked some noob guild trying to start up rather than a weak dark guild (if I recall they where listed as a dark guild under Oración Seis in the Oración Seis arc). Not a big gripe but still they made it sound like they just whipped out an innocent guild trying to become legal just due to there weakness rather than a weak dark guild who was implied to be a mission. Not sure I can complain since due to them following Laxus and his belief in guilds must be strong it makes sense that they'd do such a thing but it also implies they choose to go against the official dialog for no reason.

Oh and the Raijinshuu are called by their English title, The Thunder God Tribe. Finally Gildarts is the official spelling... since he's mentioned on Freed's cover page (saying he's the most mysterious member behind Mystogan and Gildartz)

EDIT:

One last thing... there is a very interesting comment by Mashima about how he came up for the idea of the fighting festival arc... he planned on doing something else up until the moment (not listed what that was) but he was doing the installment where Fairy Tail is featured in the magazine and Jason is running around interviewing everyone and he thought randomly how pissed would Laxus get if he saw this article and that's how that arc was born.

Apparently he thought of the harvest festival, all the twists for the arc, and the Thunder God Tribe where things he came up with when writing the arc when he did the chapter with Laxus reacting to the article and kicking the crap out of that mage Zod (spelled Zato here...) who insulted Fairy Tail after Laxus heard about the article.

That comment goes on to say how the new Fairy Tail building got so big inside...

IMO The Fighting Festival arc is the 2nd best completed arc and I know many view it as the best arc... it's amazing to think it may have never happened in the first place.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-05-11 at 14:21.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:45   Link #5215
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Overly rampant bulging veins in manga typically mean over-exertion or great effort rather than anger.
Also seen it used for extreme rage multiple times in the past.
Old 2011-05-11, 18:59   Link #5216
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I know Gildarts is trying to be Gar and angry,
Gildarts doesn't try anything. He does or does not.
Old 2011-05-11, 20:33   Link #5217
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, he COULD be trying to repress his anger/magical power as much as he can while being this angry because...well... he doesn't want an E.L.E. to occur while his guildmates (and daughter) are still in the blast zone.
Old 2011-05-11, 20:47   Link #5218
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Gildarts doesn't try anything. He does or does not.
Well said sir.

Mashima deserves a pat on the back for continually topping himself in the badass scary face dept.
Old 2011-05-11, 22:07   Link #5219
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
What about using it together, father/daughter combo ?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 23:15   Link #5220
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
What about using it together, father/daughter combo ?
A unison raid!!? Wouldn't that require Gildartz not partnering up with a loser?

Maybe he'll unlock her potential by handing her a beer to get her drunk again, the girl can't think straight sober

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen