AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 14:23   Link #1841
Ashaman

I think it was actually Fuji-something. the guy who is doing the motorcycle manga, but it could have been Mashiro
Old 2011-06-08, 14:26   Link #1842
Xacual

It's a line from Bakuman at any rate!

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:58   Link #1843
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's pretty funny. I didn't know that was a meme for the series.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:25   Link #1844
Ashaman

There's also

"To Love-Ru is super interesting!" from Gintama
Old 2011-06-08, 15:36   Link #1845
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, Gintoki from Gintama said that To Love Ru is a real boys manga.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:41   Link #1846
solomon

Yea, therefore it would be a better explanation to say

"It's a real boys manga for men" (it running in Jump SQ and all)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 15:43   Link #1847
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Yea, therefore it would be a better explanation to say

"It's a real boys manga for men" (it running in Jump SQ and all)
The quotes from Bakuman and Gintama are from when To Love Ru was running in JUMP.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:50   Link #1848
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Her similarities to Yabuki's ex-wife instantly make her unlikeable not to mention that she is so plain and boring that it makes you want to yawn. And she was still selected as one of the main characters of the first series over much better and interesting girls.

Now if she was interesting character. I remember there was one chapter where there was a dark Haruna and it instantly made me much more interested in her than all other chapters combined, but sadly it was juts a single short lived spark in the dark.
He wasn't asking why you hate Haruna, but why you guys are always talking about her even though she rarely appears in Darkness. It's like you hate her so much you're obsessed with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is that how you justify this?
I don't have to justify anything

I love this manga and I'm not the least bit ashamed to say so. Yes, it's not high literature, but it's fucking FUN and it doesn't take itself seriously. It's actually the monthly manga I'm looking forward to read the most every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I think it was actually Fuji-something. the guy who is doing the motorcycle manga, but it could have been Mashiro
Yep, it was Fukuda.
Old 2011-06-08, 19:56   Link #1849
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He wasn't asking why you hate Haruna, but why you guys are always talking about her even though she rarely appears in Darkness. It's like you hate her so much you're obsessed with her.
The 'why' you hate her pretty much explains it why the complains are there. She is a too unlikable character who is placed into a more unlikable light cause she wasted so much scenes on her rather than other much better and interesting girls and in the end got nowhere at all.

Her image that she is similar to that bitch Yabuki's ex (in looks) makes it easy and rather intense because all you need is to see her now and dislike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
That's kind of hypocritical. You say she's unlikable because she's based on Yabuki's wife, but then you say you liked her when she started acting as bitchy as we've heard rumored Yabuki's wife was?
There is nothing hypocritical about it. We don't know what Yabuki's ex were personality wise just conclude from the actions that she was a bitch.

Making Haruna looks in disfavor.

One the other hand, her personality itself - is very boring. Theres pretty much nothing to liven it up. Even having a dark, bitchy side is improvement over that.

Now, one can say - but she is supposed to be very normal and dull, but the problem is that she was the main character and got more scenes over much more interesting characters than her, making it feel like she steals the screen time and is not capable to provide entertainment with what she got nor the actual development.

If you still cant follow me - I will explain it this way. The dislike towards haruna started way before we learned about Yabuki's wife. Its because of the aforemore mentioned reasons and than the whole Tabuki's wife stuff came out only intensifying the feeling because now even her looks became unlikable knowing with what person it is associated with.

If Haruna would have been an interesting and very likeable character prior the ex I doubt it would have made people hate her. Unfortunately she was one of the worst characters in the manga making it so much easier to hate her.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-06-08 at 20:11.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:11   Link #1850
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
There's no need to be ashamed of reading a real men's manga for boys.
Yes this one hit the dot! QFT!!!

I wish there where more chapters like this.

Old 2011-06-08, 20:11   Link #1851
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
One the other hand, her personality itself - is very boring. Theres pretty much nothing to liven it up. Even having a dark, bitchy side is improvement over that.
That is just it, I have always felt she had no real personality... I would normally be filled with apathy about a character like her, but she just took up so much screen time that could have gone to characters that I did like, that every time she had a line it felt like, well something good could be happening, but Haruna is talking... Its not her herself I dislike, its the space she occupies that could be used for more important things.

Personaly I do try to keep the fact that she is modeled after the ex wife, whome we all hate, out of the picture. Her infidelity was not meant to be part of the mangaka's story, we all just now associate her with it.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 22:00   Link #1852
Soraya21

Okay, I don't even like Haruna all that much, though even I'll speak up on this one.

Simply put, she hasn't done anything as of late within the content of Darkness that would earn her the amount of heat she seems to be getting within this thread. As to what some people are holding against her prior to the new series...

Well, that's just it, isn't it? These sorts of complaints regarding Haruna are all within the past tense. Her role as a main character was back in the previous, original series and has since been demoted to being a side character along with Lala. Whatever gripe you might of had with her before has probably been rendered invalid or at least lessened by now.

Not to mention that Yabuki and the whole matter with his ex-wife has long since been settled for a couple of years. So just let it go, guys. It's just a tiring subject to always bring up. And it's senseless to carry over your ill will against the ex-wife towards the fictional character who she was loosely based on.

Saying all that, whether people out there feel that Haruna has a bland personality/design/traits/role or whatnot isn't something that can be easily swayed & that they're free to think whatever they want. Though please be aware that those are still subjective opinions and that each fan of the series carries their own.

Quote:
I love this manga and I'm not the least bit ashamed to say so. Yes, it's not high literature, but it's fucking FUN and it doesn't take itself seriously. It's actually the monthly manga I'm looking forward to read the most every month.
QFT.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 12:12   Link #1853
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to remind everyone that arguing about whether you like or dislike a character is off-topic (especially if you start to get personal in your comments!). If you have the need to continue said argument, please take it to PM or VM (or even make a social group).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 04:25   Link #1854
Marty17
Like What You Hate

I always wanted to see Lala's reaction if it was her (rather seemingly always Mikan, at times Nana) seeing Rito/Riko being overpowered by Momo (& possibly with Mea now as she knows about the plan). Would she still be clueless (rhetorical question) or it'll make her suspect somethings up?
Old 2011-06-10, 04:39   Link #1855
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
I always wanted to see Lala's reaction if it was her (rather seemingly always Mikan, at times Nana) seeing Rito/Riko being overpowered by Momo (& possibly with Mea now as she knows about the plan). Would she still be clueless (rhetorical question) or it'll make her suspect somethings up?
Clueless probably. That would be your usual Lala after all.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 18:15   Link #1856
X207
Gamyūsa

wow, chapter 8 was rather surprising. the groping wasn't too surprising but this chapter seemed more like riko doujin by going farther than just groping.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 18:41   Link #1857
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wow, chapter 8 was rather surprising. the groping wasn't too surprising but this chapter seemed more like riko doujin by going farther than just groping.
...Indeed. Little by little Momo is getting bolder and bolder. Only can only wonder at what she'll be doing next.

That aside, I might find it even more interesting that Rito wasn't so quick to push her away as he has in past chapters.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 18:55   Link #1858
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
...Indeed. Little by little Momo is getting bolder and bolder. Only can only wonder at what she'll be doing next.

That aside, I might find it even more interesting that Rito wasn't so quick to push her away as he has in past chapters.
True, but I also get the feeling that if she'd tried it with those slippy fingers, she'd be kicked off the bed before she knew what hit her, like she was in Chap 2 when she tried to get into his pants.
Old 2011-06-11, 19:17   Link #1859
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
True, but I also get the feeling that if she'd tried it with those slippy fingers, she'd be kicked off the bed before she knew what hit her, like she was in Chap 2 when she tried to get into his pants.
Possibly, but Darkness' story has steadily been pushing its limits with near every new chapter; and though I admit it's difficult to tell at this point, but I can't help but feel as though Rito is slowly coming into his own through all this.

In spite of all that Momo's done to him and his knowledge of the Harem Plan, he has yet to take any kind of stand against it or even tell her to stop.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 19:47   Link #1860
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
After the service Momo has given him in the bath, he has become interested in it despite how he desperately try to deny it. If Mikan didn't come in, who knows how far they would have gotten.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen