AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 21:43   Link #81
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I was half-expecting Gino to be the one to do it if that happens.
Since it would be an accident, it would make sense for him to be him.

Unless it's Shirley and this leads to her not trusting Lelouch.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 21:43   Link #82
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
What's so great about those spoilers in the old thread is they disproved everyone who thought the Ashford arc would be a great complete waste of time. Wake up call, suckas!

Seriously, not only is there gonna be action, but character tension. No better blend!
After ep14, I think some other ashford episodes will be a waste of time. We're already at ep11/12 and if Lelouch wants to defeat Britannia, he needs to go there at least.

I don't want a rushed ending with a battle in Brittania mainland only during the last two ep.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:44   Link #83
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

This will hopefully wrap up Ashford with some good tension and stuff.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 21:45   Link #84
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
After ep14, I think some other ashford episodes will be a waste of time. We're already at ep11/12 and if Lelouch wants to defeat Britannia, he needs to go there at least.

I don't want a rushed ending with a battle in Brittania mainland only during the last two ep.
Make that 1 episode... We still have EU to join his side(probably).
Old 2008-06-24, 21:46   Link #85
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I'm not sure if we'll do much with them, but I suppose they could do that. Would that be another three episodes taken then? What about Kallen's rescue?

Old 2008-06-24, 21:49   Link #86
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Yep. And don't forget, we're all probably speculating to ourselves that it'll take an arc, as opposed to a single turn, to wrap up some character from season one while maintaining action appropriate to the plot of R2. This means showing Rolo, Shirley, V.V., Jeremiah and Cornelia on the same stage.

Perhaps it is a good thing the staff is taking enough time to wrap up some subplots as we get halfway through the season...
Old 2008-06-24, 21:51   Link #87
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose so. I wonder if this means everything with Kallen can get wrapped up in one episode so we can move on to the Geass plotline and finale. Of course, if they have to devote an entire episode to her rescue....

Old 2008-06-24, 21:52   Link #88
yamibakura

In the extended episode 12 preview Shirley looked like she was upset - yelling right before it blacked out. I have a feeling that that kiss from Lelouch(Sayoko) in the library stirred some of her memories. I can bet Shirley would get even more emotional than Lelouch when it comes to having your memories altered. I would argue that Shirley has been the victim most hard hit when it comes to memory alteration. In and on the same level as Lelouch in many respects.

Milly has a unique relationship with both Kallen and Nina. Another problem for her is the end of her school days and her pending marriage to someone I would suspect that she does not love. Kallen being a good friend, Milly sees that she hasn't changed even after being a Black Knight(Kallen drops to her knees to console Nina). Nina who makes Milly stop and think about her friends and not her status further serves to conflict her. It ultimately comes down to answering the question, "What is more important to Milly?" Her friends or her namesake? Love or tradition? I can imagine that at the root Milly would be asking herself some of these questions.

Switching back to Shirley, after having her memories possibly stirred(this would greatly increase her mental stress), she becomes suspicious of the other members of the student council. Imagine living in a world(environment) with memories that only "you" remember and everyone else acts like everything is normal. For instance, Shirley could remember who taught her how to make paper cranes(origami), that she learned it from Nunally. However nobody remembers Nunally because their memories were tampered with. Other memories such as the letter could also surface. The incident with Mao on the rail line and with Lelouch at her fathers grave. Kallen as Black Knight. Her growing frustration with Lelouch may ultimately turn to Suzaku who she calls out. If she were to remember about Nunally and how all of their memories(including Lelouch) were altered and tampered with, I can only stress all hell would break loose. I suspect episode 12 and 13 to be a defining moment within the Ashford plot development. Lelouch would have no way to keep his cover intact and would be in effect forced to reveal himself to "at least" the student council. I also believe that in such an event, the student council will lean towards Lelouch(This includes both Shirley and Milly). It is not known with certainty how Gino and Anya will play into the circumstances at Ashford. Because I suspect them to be at Ashford not just for "surveillance" but in order to mix their personalities directly with Lelouch Lamperouge in some way. In any case, provided the student council would give their blessing that would mean Lelouch can keep up his cover at Ashford while fighting as Zero of the Black Knights. I'd imagine they would want Kallen to be safe. At this point Nina is currently 'safe', but her flighty nature makes her a variable since we don't yet know about how or if she can redeem herself.

That being said, Jerimiah's lurking around Ashford could serve as yet another 'boost' to Shirley recovering her lost memories. Perhaps to even the other members of the student council. I don't think he'll do anything violent at Ashford. I could imagine him simply "visiting" Ashford. In other words, to send a message to Lelouch saying "Hey, Zero! I'm alive and well! What are you going to do now?". Lelouch and Rolo's geass would also likely be rendered ineffective in some proximity to Jerimiah himself. Another variable is how Vileta will act seeing Jerimiah alive. I'd imagine her feelings for Ogi would keep her from ratting out Lelouch. They would still have to hide Vincent and Shinkirou.

As for Cornelia, I no longer see her has an enemy to Lelouch or Zero, however I don't think she would see herself as an ally to them either.

As for Schneizel I have no idea. He'll probably take advantage of whatever chaos Odysseus might create and take responsibility(use it as an excuse to usurp power from his father). Possibly by taking direct control of all of the Knights of Rounds. On a side note, Nina seems to be close to Schneizel in proximity. I'd imagine the whole sub plot with her would have to be resolved before or around the time Schneizel were to loose his battle with Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:55   Link #89
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Actually, yami's post has me thinking...is it possible Schneizel could replace Charles the next arc or two after Ashford as the main bad guy? It seems plausible...
Old 2008-06-24, 21:55   Link #90
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
What's so great about those spoilers in the old thread is they disproved everyone who thought the Ashford arc would be a great complete waste of time. Wake up call, suckas!

Seriously, not only is there gonna be action, but character tension. No better blend!
Honestly the Ashford scenes are useless. Yes, you will see character tension between Lelouch, Gino, Anya, whoever at Ashford, but the writers could have done that in a more useful and meaningful setting. Even the scenes in season 2 at Ashford that we've already seen could have been set somewhere else and still retain their value.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:56   Link #91
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The gakuen setting just doesn't gel with the theme of the series. In an omake setting, maybe.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:58   Link #92
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The gakuen setting just doesn't gel with the theme of the series. In an omake setting, maybe.
What the effin' hell does all that mean?!
Old 2008-06-24, 21:59   Link #93
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Actually, yami's post has me thinking...is it possible Schneizel could replace Charles the next arc or two after Ashford as the main bad guy? It seems plausible...
I don't think that is going to happen to be honest. I don't even think it will be Charles as the final boss. I think that either will be V.V. or Marianne. And since it seems Lelouch is cornering V.V. as early as 14, it definitely seems very likely Marianne will be the final thing he has to overcome. Maybe Lelouch has to go up against these Gods, Marianne, and C.C. in the end even.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:00   Link #94
yamibakura

Also wanted to say in my last post that Shirley probably would be extremely irate that Suzaku sold out not just Lelouch, but Milly, Rivils, included. <_< He sold them out too.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:01   Link #95
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
What the effin' hell does all that mean?!
I think I have the thing mixed up with the Gundam Seed Club omake compilations, which ended up better than the original Destiny. But, I digress.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:02   Link #96
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
Also wanted to say in my last post that Shirley probably would be extremely irate that Suzaku sold out not just Lelouch, but Milly, Rivils, included. <_< He sold them out too.
Maybe, but she might not think about it in wake of learning about Lelouch.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:03   Link #97
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I wonder what Anya, has to do with Marianne, Lelouch, and Nunnally. Now that she's at school with him. I also dont think that she knows that he is Zero, So if she ever shows him pictures of his kid self and such, how is Lulu going to deny that? Because she seems to know him >_>;
Old 2008-06-24, 22:05   Link #98
Kushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It definitely seems very likely Marianne will be the final thing he has to overcome. Maybe Lelouch has to go up against these Gods, Marianne, and C.C. in the end even.
Maybe Marianne will be the main villian in the end, but I can't see C.C betraying Lelouch... they're repeated the whole C.C saying to Lelouch "I'll stay with you forever" too much. Besides, why would C.C want Lelouch to live if all he's going to be is an obstacle later on?
Old 2008-06-24, 22:06   Link #99
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Honestly the Ashford scenes are useless. Yes, you will see character tension between Lelouch, Gino, Anya, whoever at Ashford, but the writers could have done that in a more useful and meaningful setting. Even the scenes in season 2 at Ashford that we've already seen could have been set somewhere else and still retain their value.
I think you're forgetting that now Shirley, Millay, Rivalz, and to some extent Nina and Suzaku are part of his reason for fighting against Britannia. Remember, it was those three who solidified Lelouch's decision to continue his battle as Zero. If he were to lose their support, then what's the point of continuing to fight? Ashford isn't useless, it still has a role to play.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:07   Link #100
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Back from the dead. I don't know about you, but bringing Marianne back seems a little distasteful to me.

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories