AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 06:40   Link #1061
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
It still be called "Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha" though, I'm not the only one who's half blind here >_>.
This is also the reason why I highly doubt this guy will be a 'generic harem lead' or the change of focus for the series.

Lead character does not the titular character make.

Quote:
You answered it yourself. If the scenes were common, the execution was original and had an impact on me. With the panel we have here... nothing.
Point. If they screw up the execution, I'm going to be agreeing with you.
Old 2009-04-28, 06:41   Link #1062
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
My problem would be to change the focus of the serie on a unknow guy. There is already thousands of manga focusing on average teenager who have to save the world out there, but how many of them have badass girls like MSLN had, as their protagonists?
You said it yourself, didn't you? That this is Senki Nanoha. What makes you think that this guy claims the spotlight? They'd have called it Mahou Senki Touma if that were the case, isn't it?
Old 2009-04-28, 06:42   Link #1063
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am amused how people are going apeshit over one lousy chapter zero. Like, OOPS, StrikerS' first official art! N X F did NOT get shafted in strikers. Otoh, Yagami-ke fans sure had to bend over!
Old 2009-04-28, 06:44   Link #1064
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

My problem would be to change the focus of the serie on a unknow guy. There is already thousands of manga focusing on average teenager who have to save the world out there, but how many of them have badass girls like MSLN had, as their protagonists?
How would you know that they changed the focus by only look at one page of the chapter? So if I post a the page where Vice is talking to Signum of StrikerS manga, it suddenly turned into a Vice harem manga?
Old 2009-04-28, 06:48   Link #1065
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
It still be called "Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha" though, I'm not the only one who's half blind here >_>.

Would you stop bashing NxF shippers all the time please? What the point of bringing that here? To like N/F pairing makes us a bunch of stupid fans unable to understand what's going on in MSLN? Seriously, I wonder who is the one who really missed the point in StS: the one going on with all the teasing distilled about N/F or the one acting like an overexited fanboy everytime a Yuno fanart pops-up even if this one has been shafted from the serie : ).
And I did see what they tried to do in StS (and regret somehow that they didn't totally succeed u_u') and I don't really like the idea of having a whole bunch of new characters to assimile again, but I could deal with that if the senario is better than in StS.

LOL! ASSUMPTIONS! LOOOL! Learn to know who you are talking to before drawing conclusions.

I am more leaning to the Yagami family side and want a godamn spin-off of them. So when a rabid NxF outright tells everyone in relationship thread that they are so minor and unessential, excuse me if my opinion of your faction is dropping lower than the level of Dead Sea!
Old 2009-04-28, 06:55   Link #1066
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wow. A single low-quality image of a guy in Nanoha, and flames start brewing.

Sheba, cool down won't you? You're not exactly the perfect display of maturity here. Leave your opinion of NanoFate fans out of this discussion please.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:08   Link #1067
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

As I first heard about this new guy and this Damsel in Distress possible plot, the more I liked it as long as he ended up dying, because that would be an interesting origin for the girl in question. But then there came:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Besides, everybody knows that if there is a harem, that harem is Nanoha's. This guy's no lead, he's a follower, only a recent addition in Nanoha's ever expanding harem.
And I wanted him to "join the battle", if you will (...whatever happened to Hayate's Lesbian Army? )

Have you noticed that new guys lately have been introduced with immediate obvious pairing options? (I'm looking STRAIGHT AT YOU, ERIO!) They're not joining the harem so much as creating their own little niche within it. Someone actually becoming a (new) tease to Nanoha would be... refreshing.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:21   Link #1068
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
LOL! ASSUMPTIONS! LOOOL! Learn to know who you are talking to before drawing conclusions.
I may have missed your inclination for the Yagami family, but you can't deny that you tend to overreact at every Yuno pic. Or do you really want me to waste an hour quoting you from the pic' tread? >_> I'm here since long enough to know exactly to who I'm speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
How would you know that they changed the focus by only look at one page of the chapter? So if I post a the page where Vice is talking to Signum of StrikerS manga, it suddenly turned into a Vice harem manga?
Oh, I should clarify something : this pic wouldn't be of so much importance without the text on it. Actually thats the "Touma and Lily encounter" written over the scene that makes me think that something quite essential is taking place here.
You won't have this kind of announcement if those characters weren't of considerable importance, right?
Old 2009-04-28, 07:22   Link #1069
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

We interrupt this shitstorm to bring you an important announcement.

I'm more alarmed that this shounen, on face value, chooses to arm himself with a blade-revolver combiweapon, loves cloaks, capes, and armor, has 2 hair and eye colors, "overflows with determination" and seems to make a living by saving damsels in distress...

...I know it's stereotypical, but man, when I tried to be stereotypical, I was pretty sure no one else was going to end up with the same concoction of Khrack. Now I'm looking forward to Force and see what have we here.

In view of the ripoff weapon, let's hope Lily =/= Index ripoff.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:26   Link #1070
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Oh, I should clarify something : this pic wouldn't be of so much importance without the text on it. Actually thats the "Touma and Lily encounter" written over the scene that makes me think that something quite essential is taking place here.
You won't have this kind of announcement if those characters weren't of considerable importance, right?
Considerable importance does not equal shift in focus. Like I said, these to are probably going to join the Nanoha cast, but to call that taking it over is rather extreme.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:29   Link #1071
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
As I first heard about this new guy and this Damsel in Distress possible plot, the more I liked it as long as he ended up dying, because that would be an interesting origin for the girl in question. But then there came:
And I wanted him to "join the battle", if you will (...whatever happened to Hayate's Lesbian Army? )

Have you noticed that new guys lately have been introduced with immediate obvious pairing options? (I'm looking STRAIGHT AT YOU, ERIO!) They're not joining the harem so much as creating their own little niche within it. Someone actually becoming a (new) tease to Nanoha would be... refreshing.
So you want the new guy to die/horribly injuried and the damsel in distress to pick up his gunblade and start owning everything in sight?
Old 2009-04-28, 07:40   Link #1072
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
I may have missed your inclination for the Yagami family, but you can't deny that you tend to overreact at every Yuno pic. Or do you really want me to waste an hour quoting you from the pic' tread? >_> I'm here since long enough to know exactly to who I'm speaking.
No. Because there are so much NxF and so little of everyone else that seeing something different is refreshing. How many time I log in pixiv check the nanoha section to see NxF, but next to no good quality Hayate pic? Let's not get started on Shamal or Zafira. Even Touhou offers a bit for EVERYONE.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:48   Link #1073
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
So you want the new guy to die/horribly injuried and the damsel in distress to pick up his gunblade and start owning everything in sight?
That's not too bad an idea, if not done to death instead by Hollywood.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:49   Link #1074
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
...Is there something wrong with seeing a Badass Origin Story?

Don't forget her being scarred for life. And that's only my second choice.

I'm all for interesting.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:58   Link #1075
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Considerable importance does not equal shift in focus. Like I said, these to are probably going to join the Nanoha cast, but to call that taking it over is rather extreme.
I...I will believe in your words (to ease my mind at least ).

Quote:
Or he can also just transform in furet .

Quote:
No. Because there are so much NxF and so little of everyone else that seeing something different is refreshing. How many time I log in pixiv check the nanoha section to see NxF, but next to no good quality Hayate pic? Let's not get started on Shamal or Zafira. Even Touhou offers a bit for EVERYONE.
There is some very impessive Hayate arts acyually. Sure, not nearly as much as N/F ones, but this couple is (as I prove it already in the relation tread) very popular and is liked and drawn not only by MSLN fans, but all yuri-lovers (and beyond this category of artists too) over the web.
I understand your point somehow, but that doesn't justify to vent your frustation over all the N/F shippers on AS u_u'...
Old 2009-04-28, 07:59   Link #1076
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
...Is there something wrong with seeing a Badass Origin Story?

Don't forget her being scarred for life. And that's only my second choice.

I'm all for interesting.
While I'm all for dramatic backstory, I'm just a bit sad that you think the guy needs to die in order to serve a purpose.

Why not the opposite? The girl he tried to protect dies. Recipe for drama right there.

Quote:
I...I will believe in your words (to ease my mind at least ).
Picture it like this, the Wolkenritter were of considerable importance in A's, but who was the one that saved the day in the end?
Old 2009-04-28, 08:04   Link #1077
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
While I'm all for dramatic backstory, I'm just a bit sad that you think the guy needs to die in order to serve a purpose.

Why not the opposite? The girl he tried to protect dies. Recipe for drama right there.
No reason. I picked the one the most fans are likely to hate on initially for no reason or any reason at all. It works either way. Hell, kill the guy and one of the girls. One of each! That's more points, right?

I just want something interesting out of it, and don't particularly care for another romantic-pairing-all-set to waltz in. I didn't mind Caro and Erio because they were so damn cute. (...dammit.)
Old 2009-04-28, 08:14   Link #1078
Iromaru

Quote:
This gets my vote :P

Quote:
.... I can't help but be amazed at how fast people are jumping to conclusions. Seriously, all this page does is introduce a male character. How does that suddenly turn Nanoha into a shonen harem? We don't even know what this guy's connections with the Aces is, or will be, at all. Much less if he's going to be the lead of the story (which I highly doubt).
Well if he really becomes the main protagonist (or at least one of the 2-3 most important characters) many people will call this manga harem since he'll be surrounded by many awesome girls. But yeah it's far to early to be panicking.

Quote:
Seriously what Tsuzuki was trying with StrikerS was having Nanoha passing the torch to a new generation.
No sane person would ever argue about that, it was obvious from the 1th episode of StrikerS. The thing is, it's hard to pass the torch if the new generation isn't even half as talented and awesome as the old generation. Seriously 9y old Nanoha or Fate would slaughter all 4 forwards without any effort, and I won't even start comparing them personality wise.

Quote:
This was already done thousands of times in uncountable movies, series, books, etc. I'm all in for the reverse version, but it's pretty obvious it won't happen
Old 2009-04-28, 08:21   Link #1079
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post

No sane person would ever argue about that, it was obvious from the 1th episode of StrikerS. The thing is, it's hard to pass the torch if the new generation isn't even half as talented and awesome as the old generation. Seriously 9y old Nanoha or Fate would slaughter all 4 forwards without any effort, and I won't even start comparing them personality wise.
If we take anime only:
Nanoha and Fate had 13 + 13 + 26 episodes to develop. Yagami-ke have 13. The forwards have 26, the Numbers and Vivio have even less. The new characters who suffered the most are Erio and Caro who's development were thrown out of the window at some point of the series.
Old 2009-04-28, 08:33   Link #1080
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well if he really becomes the main protagonist (or at least one of the 2-3 most important characters) many people will call this manga harem since he'll be surrounded by many awesome girls. But yeah it's far to early to be panicking.
Was StrikerS called a harem because Erio was surrounded a dozen awesome girls? Sure, there were jokes about it, but really?

Quote:
The thing is, it's hard to pass the torch if the new generation isn't even half as talented and awesome as the old generation. Seriously 9y old Nanoha or Fate would slaughter all 4 forwards without any effort, and I won't even start comparing them personality wise.
While in terms of power you are right, comparing them personality wise is subjective. I found the forwards to be very interesting, and worthy of passing the torch. I also find Fate to be a very uninteresting character. Am I right? No, because this is my opinion. So saying that the forwards 'are not half as awesome as the old generation' personality wise is wholefully inaccurate.

Quote:
This was already done thousands of times in uncountable movies, series, books, etc. I'm all in for the reverse version, but it's pretty obvious it won't happen
I think we just recently pointed out that many things in Nanoha have been done thousands of times.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen